Here's my thoughts on the Future Tense DLC (with Video)

Let's take a look at the new DLC level Future Tense in Crash Bandicoot Nsane Trilogy! While we're here, why not collect all the trophies and boxes! 

The Future Tense level had a lot of cool mechanics in it. In terms of difficulty, it's nothing compared to Stormy Ascent, which was insanely hard! The power-ups like the bazooka, the double jump and the tornado spins makes everything super easy.

I will do a live stream of Warped really soon as I need to collect all the boxes and do all the time trials in the game. Will you be there for the ride? ?

On 7/7/2018 at 11:56 AM, JamieHeron95 said:

Missed one box, not sure where it is.

Might be a little hard to see with the fast forward effect in the video, but did you get the one in the reflection where you have to spin the enemy to get it? It's at 9:10 in the video.

On 7/7/2018 at 0:17 PM, Gennasuke said:

Did you get the box you can only see in the reflection?

Exactly what I thought too ?

The level design is good. Vicarious Vision does a great job at this point. But there's still no fixe for the little bugs... like hitboxes and it's a shame. Really. I died a lot 'cause of the spiked ennemies. Even when I shoot them to turn them upside down, they still can hit me when I'm spiinning or sliding. Boxes doesn't always break in contact. Platforms pattern change a little bit, annoying when doing the relic. Those little details made me hate the game a little bit while the rest is indeed awesome. 

If Vicarious wants to make others levels, they can, they're good at it. But fixing existing issues is also a good idea mostly when those are easy to fix. Could be done one hand in the pants in like few hours max. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taytoutay said:

The level design is good. Vicarious Vision does a great job at this point. But there's still no fixe for the little bugs... like hitboxes and it's a shame. Really. I died a lot 'cause of the spiked ennemies. Even when I shoot them to turn them upside down, they still can hit me when I'm spiinning or sliding. Boxes doesn't always break in contact. Platforms pattern change a little bit, annoying when doing the relic. Those little details made me hate the game a little bit while the rest is indeed awesome. 

If Vicarious wants to make others levels, they can, they're good at it. But fixing existing issues is also a good idea mostly when those are easy to fix. Could be done one hand in the pants in like few hours max. 

I get what you mean. Even in the video, you can see that I'm sliding at the spiked enemies and they're clearly hittable, but I still get the hit. But they also said that they wanted to keep the original feel of the game, maybe that's why?

On 7/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, TerminatarMnA said:

N.Sanely hard*

What a missed opportunity on my end ?

On 7/15/2018 at 8:49 AM, Dr_Shaneman said:

This was an annoying thing in Stormy Ascent I can tell you that. Sometimes they would be completely out of sync.

Exacty! I still need to go back for that time trial, this one is gonna be a nightmare! ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cronocyde said:

Exacty! I still need to go back for that time trial, this one is gonna be a nightmare! 1f605.png

I didn't check the trophy list before I did the DLC...

The Time Trial was decently difficult. Nothing too extreme. I mess up a couple of times in this video and still make it, but you don't have much time to waste to get the Gold relic. I wonder if it's doable without running shoes though. I did all the other gold relics without running shoes! :P 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I didn't check the trophy list before I did the DLC...

The Time Trial was decently difficult. Nothing too extreme. I mess up a couple of times in this video and still make it, but you don't have much time to waste to get the Gold relic. I wonder if it's doable without running shoes though. I did all the other gold relics without running shoes! :P 

Nice job dude! You don't need it for the platinum or the DLC trophies though, right? I always forget about the running shows too ?

5 minutes ago, cronocyde said:

Nice job dude! You don't need it for the platinum or the DLC trophies though, right? I always forget about the running shows too 1f60a.png

Didn't forget about the running shoes. I wanted to see if I could get all the gold relics before you beat the last boss. You can't, but you can leave the last Bike level, one that isn't affected by the shoes anyway. I did this! :P There is a couple of levels you'll have issues with without the shoes, especially this one pyramid level.

Uploaded it now! :P This one is tight though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Didn't forget about the running shoes. I wanted to see if I could get all the gold relics before you beat the last boss. You can't, but you can leave the last Bike level, one that isn't affected by the shoes anyway. I did this! :P There is a couple of levels you'll have issues with without the shoes, especially this one pyramid level.

Uploaded it now! :P This one is tight though.

I'm halfway through the time trials in the third one, did them on live stream ? This game is pure fun for me!

I forgot all about the bazooka when I played this level ? and trying to get the boxes the hard way!  I’m so glad they had a trophy for killing one of the UFO’s and not for a getting a relic. I also never noticed the box in the reflection of the glass I was just lucky with that one ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cronocyde said:

I'm halfway through the time trials in the third one, did them on live stream 1f60b.png This game is pure fun for me!

Yeah, it's much easier than CB1, that's for sure, but I kinda liked the difficulty of CB1. :P CB3 almost became boring for me by how easy it was, and all the non-platform levels didn't appeal to me anymore. Certainly looking forward to the Spyro collection though, even if they have a lot of side quests etc, but they usually involve platforming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I forgot all about the bazooka when I played this level 1f602.png and trying to get the boxes the hard way!  I’m so glad they had a trophy for killing one of the UFO’s and not for a getting a relic. I also never noticed the box in the reflection of the glass I was just lucky with that one 1f604.png

Same here dude, was kinda happy about not having to do the time trial ? Oh, the bazooka makes everything so easy too!

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, it's much easier than CB1, that's for sure, but I kinda liked the difficulty of CB1. :P CB3 almost became boring for me by how easy it was, and all the non-platform levels didn't appeal to me anymore. Certainly looking forward to the Spyro collection though, even if they have a lot of side quests etc, but they usually involve platforming.

CB3 is a cake walk compare to the first game. Spyro is gonna be a blast for me, so much memories dude! ?

• Like 1