Pawn Stars is Officially Ended Finally!

Nexuds121

I've seen episodes of the show, and I did enjoy it, just thinking it was interesting more than anything really.  Then again, I do like those sort of shows like this, Storage Wars and all that sort of stuff where they find things, then try and get the right value out of something and so fourth.

The old man died, so if it is ending I'm not surprised because losing one of the main stars makes your show take a hit. The show is certainly fake because every episode conveniently has something interesting within it and of course you won't go to the store and see those guys there. I will say that the YouTuber that made this video isn't a credible source, because they're simply click-baiting the show and their video after this one is suggesting that the rest of the cast of the show are responsible for the death of the old man. I highly doubt the stars of the show would kill their own family member and he was old and the show suggested he wasn't very physically active. 

• Like 3

Yeah, the show was definitely scripted (most are). But it's not surprising the show is ending after the old man passed. -_- 

I watched the show some when it first came out, it wasn't that bad. The old man was probably one of my favorite people on the show. xD May he rest in peace...

Honestly, I hate how they are so stingy with their prices when they probably are making $100'000+ per episode.

By the above, I am talking about this scenario which happens every episode:

Seller: Will you accept $200?

Pawn Star People: Sorry, $190 is the most I can do, you realize we have to make a profit?

Guy: How about $195, can we meet in the middle?

Pawn Star People: $190 is my max, 

Me: Thinking, I doubt any of your profit is actually generated from the actual store, it all comes from this TV show, and its silly how millionaires are arguing with common people over a price difference of 10-20 dollars.

Edited by RunItsAShark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivion said:

Finally.

To me, the show lost steam after the first few years. EDIT: The sad thing about all of this is obviously, no more memes.

Image result for pawn stars meme

Sadly, all memes has to end sooner or later.

• Like 2

Personally, I love the show. The educational factor is phenomenal. I couldn't care less about the characters or the negotiations.

I mean, what other show are you going to be learning about the cultural impact of pokemon cards one minute, then learning why coins have ridges on the side a few minutes later. Educational shows with that kind of range just don't exist outside of this show.

It's a treasure trove of useless trivia knowledge and I love it.

I always like Pawn Stars it’s an new age antique roadshow imo, but with the old man passing and I didn’t know about all the experts being liars or abusers, I wonder where Johnny the toy guy went, now I know... than again I couldn’t even tell you the last time I watched it, atleast there’s still American Pickers... which is better imho

I liked the show, but there's so many similar shows (American Pickers, Storage Wars, Shipping Wars- and these were just from when I had cable 3 years ago). My mom use to own an antique shop and she hated the show because of how badly the owners ripped people off :dunno:

I now realize how much I want a Pawn Stars video game on PlayStation. The facebook game was okay, but a console game would be so much fun. 

Oh, I actually liked this show and American Pickers back when I had cable TV a couple of years ago. Obviously, it was scripted as hell but I found it very entertaining and educational, even if many of the customers were constantly ripped off. I didn't know the old man had passed away... It's a shame the show is probably going to end but it may probably be for the better.

As a side note, both Pawn Stars and American Pickers have a totally different title in Latin America. Had no idea of what you were talking about until I saw the video and recognized the guys. Pawn Stars is "El Precio de la Historia" (History's Price) and American Pickers is "Cazadores de Tesoros" (Treasure Hunters). What's up with that? Total name change >.>