Any DLC worth getting?

theSpirae

On 05/07/2018 at 10:22 AM, theSpirae said:

Thanks for the warning, I had no idea.

I didn't know either, until I tried to help a friend get the sole online trophy but the game wouldn't me join him because I had all the DLCs and he didn't :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 10 months later...

i just bought all DLCs. I finished this game years ago. and playing it now with all the DLCs feels completely different. lots of fun.

just make sure to uncross the upper checkbox when installed 2 DLC and war of the chosen. otherwise the alien hunting and the spark units stuff will be implemented (means stuff is in the game, but the missions are missing)

• 9 months later...

I want to start the game and have a question regarding dlcs. I've bought them all (the ones that gives trophies ofc) and should I install them now or just the base game, do the platinum and install dlcs later on? Because there's no ability to turn them off directly from the game after installing? 

23 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

I want to start the game and have a question regarding dlcs. I've bought them all (the ones that gives trophies ofc) and should I install them now or just the base game, do the platinum and install dlcs later on? Because there's no ability to turn them off directly from the game after installing? 

I would just go ahead and install them now but ignore their trophies until after you've done the main campaign at least once. War of the Chosen is a separate campaign entirely that has it's own option in the main menu so you can do that one whenever but do note that it will make certain main game trophies harder to get so do those in the non-DLC campaign.

Since this topic is getting more attention now, I'm gonna ask here: Is the game still running poorly? Specifically on a base PS4. I passed this game up many times because every time it goes on sale I'll look online and see the same complaints about crashes, freezes and just obnoxious load times, specially on War of the Chosen.

10 hours ago, LionRed10 said:

Since this topic is getting more attention now, I'm gonna ask here: Is the game still running poorly? Specifically on a base PS4. I passed this game up many times because every time it goes on sale I'll look online and see the same complaints about crashes, freezes and just obnoxious load times, specially on War of the Chosen.

The load times are better than they used to be but are still painfully long. I can't comment on the stability, because I've only played it for a handful of hours.

23 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The load times are better than they used to be but are still painfully long. I can't comment on the stability, because I've only played it for a handful of hours.

I see. It seems the War of the Chosen DLC is the most troublesome part stability-wise.

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

From what I'm seeing, all DLCs can be done on Rookie? I can't see any difficulty specific trophies there. Or are they hidden somehow with those requirements? 

Yes, you can do them on the easiest difficulty.

• Like 1