How are people getting "Golden Greed" in Season 5?

ggmaIik

Something seems fishy. The Gold Fury spawns 5 minutes into the match, so how are people killing it before 3 minutes on the in-game clock? I notice some of the people that have earned that trophy in Season 5 have gotten a lot of Smite trophies in a very close timespan.

2 hours ago, Skadoki said:

You can easily boost this trophy by grouping all 10 players together, same thing goes for the giant.

While this was the case, in Season 5 the Gold Fury and Fire Giant's spawn times were changed to be later than in previous patches. To the best of my knowledge, with this new patch those trophies should be now unobtainable unless there is some work around I'm not familiar with.

8 hours ago, Tearraven said:

While this was the case, in Season 5 the Gold Fury and Fire Giant's spawn times were changed to be later than in previous patches. To the best of my knowledge, with this new patch those trophies should be now unobtainable unless there is some work around I'm not familiar with.

Oh my bad, new I see what OP meant...The fact that trophy requirements haven't changed with a patch is very worrying :c

15 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

Oh my bad, new I see what OP meant...The fact that trophy requirements haven't changed with a patch is very worrying :c

This isn't a "fact", you just kill the spawns within like a minute and a half of their new spawn timers now. A boosting group I worked with awhile back explained the new circumstances to me. Please don't brigade on people's popping of this if you've not tried it under the new patch, folks

Just now, Burgins said:

This isn't a "fact", you just kill the spawns within like a minute and a half of their new spawn timers now. A boosting group I worked with awhile back explained the new circumstances to me. Please don't brigade on people's popping of this if you've not tried it under the new patch, folks

No one is accusing those who are popping it as much as we are curious as to how it's working for some. If there is a legit way to still do it then that's awesome as I have yet to get that trophy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burgins said:

Well how are people suppose to know that when the trophy information hasn't been updated? It says to kill the Gold Fury before the clock hits 3 minutes, not kill the Gold Fury 3 minutes after she spawns.

Well now you do know, friend. If you still need it you're in luck, it's still poppable.

Note that the level trophy has been glitched for some time now though and it seems to pop for people when they hit Level 60 as opposed to Level 30 like the trophy reads. All the trophies work, they just have some misleading texts on a few

• Like 1

The descriptions have been updated if you look at them on your PS4, PSNProfiles just hasn't updated the lists yet. 

Here are the descriptions as seen on PS4, sorry for them being so large and being photos rather than screenshots. ?

UTDUepv.jpg

rUV2ySL.jpg

47 minutes ago, valomek said:

So if I have not played for a while, is this now easier or harder than before ?

I haven't played season 5 yet so I'm not sure about Gold Fury's stats and added/removed damage resistances but it might be easier considering you now have effectively 6 1/2 minute to kill GF instead of 3 minutes. So that's another 2-3 minutes of farming which could help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...