Do you think Ubisoft will release an Assassin's Creed III Remaster?

As of lately I've been working my way through some of my backlog. When it comes to the AC Series I always intended to platinum the games in their original release order. However with the Ezio Trilogy I did decide to earn my AC Revelations platinum on the PS4 as I found the trilogy for cheaper than the revelations DLC would've set me back on the PS3. 

However now I'm stuck at a bit of a cross roads where I'm not sure if I should grind through the dead online of AC3 now or wait and see if a remaster of similar Ubisoft fashion (e.g. The Ezio Trilogy, Far Cry 3 Classic) and save myself the online hassle. I already own the remaining games from Black Flag - Syndicate (and am a stickler for wanting these platinums in order, sorry :/). 

I've tried seeing if I could find anything other than the rumour due to AC3 receiving a user rating for Xbox One. Unfortunately I've been unable to find anything else so thought I would extend the question to you guys?

• Like 2

I reckon they will eventually, but possibly, given it’s rather less than glowing critical reception, they might release it as a combo with a PS4 remaster of Liberation to try and boost the sales a bit - given that those two go hand-in-hand story-wise, and Liberation was rather better critically received as I recall. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Depends on how long you are willing to wait. Everything will get a port or remaster eventually. Could be 1 more year or 5. Nobody knows except for Ubisoft.

As for the online portion of 3, it's rather quick and easy. You can do most of it with one friend (or boosting partner) by just playing coop in wolfpack. Overall the trophies are much easier and shorter than Brotherhood or Revelations.

• Like 1

I think we'd get a AC1 remaster way before AC3 but I'd love a AC3 remaster without the MP trophies to finish off the collection and tbh I'm surprised it didn't get one with the Ezio trilogy since AC3 finishes the main story for Desmond.

Either way, I've got a pretty decent backlog including some AC games to go through even if we do have to wait a few years.

1 hour ago, Duffcar said:

I found the trilogy for cheaper than the revelations DLC would've set me back on the PS3. 

If you create a Hong Kong ps3 account, the dlc for revelations is free. I have the 100% and used a Hong Kong account to get the dlc free, you can use a fake address website and set the language to English and it's fairly easy to set up if your interested :)

• Like 2

I'm kinda surprised by the optimism in this thread. :P The way I see it, if it was gonna happen for the PS4, it would have happened already. Given how it was received originally, they have probably listed it under the "not worth it" category. The most likely possibility I see is a group remaster for the next generation cycle. And I say group remaster because if they decide to rerelease games on their own, it's likely that the reasons that prevented them from doing this one on the PS4 will still apply. A package of the entire original trilogy for completion's sake is the only way I see it happening.

Considering AC1 and AC3 are the only 2 games not available on PS4, I see it being a possibility. Hell it'd be the only way I'd replay either of those (AC1, AC3 and Unity are the only games in the series I don't like).

There was a rumor before E3 that AC1 was getting remastered, but haven't heard anything of it since.

Edited by TheViper4Life

Wow, thanks for such great insight everyone! After reading all of your responses and looking into what the online trophies involve for AC3 I think I will knock it out on PS3 before moving forward with the series. 

I'm glad it won't be another AC: Brotherhood esque multiplayer grind though :')

The only good thing about AC3 was the main theme of the soundtrack.

Everything else in this game was quite meh. The story and main char werent that great and the game was filled with way too many annoying challenges/tasks that nobody except us trophy hunters would ever do.

Just thinking about a remaster gives me flashbacks of this crap

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 10:15 PM, wackt1 said:

there could be a possibility that they could release 1 2 and 3 in a remastered trilogy package

I feel like would be an odd one to have. I mean, we already have The Ezio Trilogy on PS4. And while Brotherhood and Revelations are considered more extensions of AC2, rather than direct sequels...they still continue the modern day story of Desmond. So it would be weird to have a copy that's missing some of that story, and to re-re-release AC2 yet again. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:47 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

The only good thing about AC3 was

Everything.

I am not sure why lots of gamers don't like this iteration. IMO, it was the second best game of the series, behind only AC II. For me, Black Flag would be the worst, and AC I was pretty bad too.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2018 at 2:47 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

The only good thing about AC3 was the main theme of the soundtrack.

Just thinking about a remaster gives me flashbacks of this crap

The soundtrack of AC 3 was pretty good but everytime I remember the minigames you had to win to get the trophy (after beating every single minigame for the trophy I started to play them for fun and I don't know how but I always won)

10 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Everything.

I am not sure why lots of gamers don't like this iteration. IMO, it was the second best game of the series, behind only AC II. For me, Black Flag would be the worst, and AC I was pretty bad too.

For me, I hated Connor, he was such a whiny, entitled character. The game was a bug ridden mess, the locale made for some of the worst traversal in the series...to make up for all the low level, spread out buildings. they added tree hopping which got repetitive really quick, I was glad when I was done with the story, I didn't even want to attempt the Plat. I loved AC4...the naval combat was a small highlight of AC3 and 4 just improved on it ten fold. AC4 would be my third favorite behind Origins and AC2.

12 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

For me, I hated Connor, he was such a whiny, entitled character. The game was a bug ridden mess, the locale made for some of the worst traversal in the series...to make up for all the low level, spread out buildings. they added tree hopping which got repetitive really quick, I was glad when I was done with the story, I didn't even want to attempt the Plat. I loved AC4...the naval combat was a small highlight of AC3 and 4 just improved on it ten fold. AC4 would be my third favorite behind Origins and AC2.

He may have been whiny and entitled, I'll give you that. But if I remember correctly, AC3 is the only game to this point where you start off playing as a Templar. For me, that was pretty cool. I can agree with you on the tree hopping as well as how far the buildings were spread out, but for me, that didn't take away from the game at all. If anything, it made it more strategic in the necessity for stealth. You could no longer just run around rooftops without being seen. I also liked the whistle aspect, where if you were in cover, you could whistle and draw the enemy towards you for a cover kill, another feature no other AC game has had.

And probably the thing I most like about it was the farmhouse, and being able to get workers and upgrades. While it wasn't the first or last time we had upgradeable hdeouts in AC games, I feel AC3 was the most innovative with it. 

To be honest, I never experienced bugs with AC3. The traversal may have been poor, but I feel they did enough story-wise and also gameplay to make up for it. I believe it was also one of the first and few AC games to incorporate hunting. AC Origins has, but I can't think of another. I always liked the hunting aspect of it.

Maybe part of my opinion is biased because the Revolutionary War is my favorite piece of history, but I really believe AC3 doesn't get enough credit. For all the negatives, there were far more positives, and a lot of what has been incorporated and improved upon in other AC games got its start in AC3.

EDIT: Also, the amount of naval combat in AC3 was perfect. I just wasn't a fan. There were aspects, sure, of AC4 that I do like, but on the whole, the game was largely boring for me, as I am just not the type of person to enjoy naval combat. I think the only reason AC4 was made was because of the popularity of the naval combat in AC3 (another thing you can thank AC3 for). But I feel nothing would have been lost in the AC experience if AC4 was never made. That's just my opinion. I understand AC4 is well liked, and I am not going to bash it. I just simply think AC3 doesn't get enough credit for where the AC franchise springboarded to, and how actually well done the game was.

Edited by ShogunCroCop