Dead Island 2 is still working in Development.

Nexuds121

There's no way this will come out and be a good game, especially if they are still going to do what they said they would. Hell, maybe they're making it a Battle Royale game now.

Either way, it better not come out at the same time as Dying Light 2 or it will be DOA.

Damn, really? I thought it was pretty much scrapped at this point.

I think it's been so long that people just won't care as much anymore. I still remember that badass trailer of that guy running on the beach with everything going on around him. Shame we haven't seen anything since.

Well, let's hope they can pick this up and make it into something good.

Doubt this will ever happen. They say every year that it's in development and that they'd give more details later and never do.

I'm also starting to wonder if Darksiders 3 will end up in limbo, as there's been no news on that game since E3 2016 (with the exception of a short gameplay trailer from sometime last year).

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Meh. I played the Definitive Edition of the first game a few months ago. I got the Plat in it, but really wasn't a fan of what I played...I wouldn't say I hated it, but I was glad it was over. So Dead Island 2 would have to make some hefty gameplay improvements for me to really hop on board. Doesn't help that I still have Riptide to play.

Heard Dying Light was better though, still need to play that, have the enhanced Edition sitting in the back log. So I'd probably be more inclined to get Dying Light 2 if I like it, over Dead Island.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Dead Island 2 details & release date leaked by Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-Day-PlayStation-5/dp/B0B94THZRT/

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-Day-PlayStation-4/dp/B0B94SHMRP/

5zzOfJK.jpg

1fVsEqJ.jpg

vUJJDvN.jpg

BtTXpJ2.jpg

VhtSHbu.jpg

Game's description:

- Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now stained with horror, in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach

- Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and tactical (and brutal) options to chew your way through the zombie horde

- There are 6 characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues - You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.

- Our LA is crawling with zombies that look & react realistically - These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks & hundreds of LA-themed variants

- Day 1 Edition includes the Memories of Banoi Pack - Banoi War Club, Memories of Banoi Baseball Bat, Weapon Perk – balanced, Personal space skill card

A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, California, turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the zombie inside. Only you, and the handful of other swaggering fellows who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, holds the future of LA (and humanity), in the balance. As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak you’ll discover who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in LA! The much-loved zombie saga is back with a unique formula of horror, dark humor and over the top zombie-slaying, spanning an epic pulp adventure. Dead Island 2 is a thrilling First-Person Action RPG that takes players across a brand-new playground. Stylish, vibrant and flooded with zombie infection, explore iconic, gore-drenched Los Angeles. Meet larger-than-life characters. Slay countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer. See you in HELL-A!

Release date: February 3, 2023

• Like 4

NXDLteF.jpg

Dead Island 2 [HELL-A Edition] includes:

- Base Game
- Bonus Content: Pulp Weapons Pack
- Bonus Content: Golden Weapons Pack
- 6 Slayer Tarot Cards

- 2 Pin Badges
- Expansion Pass

- Venice Beach Travel Map
- Steelbook plus physical items

99.99$

https://www.target.com/p/dead-island-2-hell-a-edition-playstation-4/-/A-87469619

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dead-island-2-hell-a-edition-playstation-5/6517773

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B94VZBZ4/

Edited by ziggypossum
day one

• 2 months later...