Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 Remaster and sequel announced

French game producer and publisher Microïds has announced an Asterix and Obelix XXL 2 Remaster for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

The remastered version of the 2005 PS2 game was announced through the company’s official Twitter account and is slated for a release later this year on November 29. A sequel to the original title was also announced by the French producer for a release by the end of 2019.

Edited by TugaSonic
  • Like 2

Ohc god YESS, this is my childhood! :D Me and my brother used to play this on PC for hours and hours.

What's the reason for only remastering the sequel specifically though? The first one was amazing too, just not as much focused on video game references

1 minute ago, Sagaan said:

When i was a kid asterix & obelix was op af o.o. Have to check which genre dat games r never played asterix & obelix games, but saw em on tv like a boss

I'd say they could be labeled as hack n slash, the second part which is getting remastered had also a lot more jump puzzeling stuff as far as I remember

Just now, NanaCheese94 said:

I'd say they could be labeled as hack n slash, the second part which is getting remastered had also a lot more jump puzzeling stuff as far as I remember

K nice hack n slash im down for this xD

I don't know how the PS2 version was, but played a lot of the DS version (mission Wifix) when I was little. I don't know exactly how it compares to the PS2 version, but it was the good kind of stupid and watching gameplay of the PS2 version gave me the same vibe. Will see how it is gonna turn out.

23 minutes ago, SeniorRicketts said:

fuck marvel and DC these are the real superheroes almost like bud spencer and terence hill

no just kidding i love them all but thats nice i try to get the games running on win7 but it doesnt work

There is a new game (in PS4) about Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill actually. Look at it:

And if you want to see Asterix & Obelix XXL2 here's the trailer:

Both great games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChristianHenares said:

There is a new game (in PS4) about Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill actually. Look at it:

And if you want to see Asterix & Obelix XXL2 here's the trailer:

Both great games.

i heard of this but didnt look it up holy shit does it looks awesome 

and i hope the remaster the first game as well

• Like 1