Let's Play SAO

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Also...this is the best game in the series for sure. THERE'S A PAUSE MENU!!!! (I don't remember the previous games having one especially fatal bullet.)

Agreed, I can't stand it when the pause button doesn't actually pause the game, just brings up a menu. ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Masamune said:

Like what, gameplay mechanics & such? Not much (although it's been a while since I played LS, so my memory kinda sucks :P), I am liking the secondary currency in the game though, it lets you buy things like monster materials, & even character levels with it.

That Characters have like Sinon, have Unique Skill attacks(I don't think LS had skills like that). Interesting currency, how did you get this currency?

16 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

From what I remember it is incredibly similar to LS. I will admit to getting lost and aggravated because I accidentally hit :r3: without realizing it and my skills vanished. Wasn't aware there are 2 skill boxes. :facepalm: 

Also...this is the best game in the series for sure. THERE'S A PAUSE MENU!!!! (I don't remember the previous games having one especially fatal bullet.)

So besides the Unique Skills, the crossover is just a LS with Accel World Characters(plus some SAO Characters not in LS)

Nice that I don't have to start "Crunchyroll" app or the like to take a break from it.

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Interesting currency, how did you get this currency?

Same as the regular currency & EXP, just kill monsters. xD I think you can also trade in any monster drops you don't need for some extra too (but I'm keeping them all until I know I don't need them).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToXicChaoS87 said:

@Leon Castle now have sword art online: hollow realization. and accel world vs sword art online millennium twilight, so now have all games done,

for emblems realization i'll have silica and ultimate gamer ill take Asuna please. 

Updated. Good Job clearing all SAO games before Alicization Lycoris comes outcYAXDtk.gif

A little status update since the last one. 107 different Hollow Missions done R3G2K1m.gif (with one of them being those F**** Trees!), makes it 21 to go, can knock it down to 11 with the Grand Quest offline only Hollow Missions (for some reason, only the boss Hollow Missions can be done in online of the Grand Quest related Hollow Missions) which means I need to grind some levels to have a fighting chance with the 4 Dragon Hollow Missions and some kill them all before they respawn Hollow Missions(I stay FAR away from the plant killing Hollow MissiontvW1ty6.gif). Also got to LV 140 and did almost all of 3rd list of Implements(only 1 left, it's very short)

News about Alicization Lycoris:

It won't have War of the Underworld arc in it after all as the game instead have it's own arc called Alicization Lycoris

SAOAL-Slides_09-14-19_001-600x338.jpg

But Characters that show up in War of the Underworld arc might appear(so far only Asuna but Leafa and Sinon might appear as well)

SAOLS-Game_09-14-19.jpg

(How Leafa and Sinon looks if they are in the game)

350?cb=20160602100859

There are other Characters joining(might be able to play as them before Alicization Lycoris arc of the game)

SAOAL-Slides_09-14-19_002-600x338.jpg

SAOAL-Slides_09-14-19_003-600x338.jpg

The new Trailer.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

But Characters that show up in War of the Underworld arc might appear(so far only Asuna but Leafa and Sinon might appear as well)

Sinon?! https://i.imgur.com/cJvZSFr.gif If she does show up in the game (even if it's towards the end), that'll definitely increase my interest towards it. xD Well, as long as they don't throw some online crap in it like Fatal Bullet... <_<

25 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Still waiting on news of a collector's edition. As long as it's not one of those $200 monstrosities lol.

I'd love to see a really badass steelbook for this one.

Is there even going to be a physical version for the US? I wouldn't be surprised if they made it digital only for us. ? If that's the case, I probably won't get it for 2-3 years, because that's how long it take for digital games drop in price a reasonable amount. ?

6 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Is there even going to be a physical version for the US? I wouldn't be surprised if they made it digital only for us. 1f611.png If that's the case, I probably won't get it for 2-3 years, because that's how long it take for digital games drop in price a reasonable amount. 1f605.png

Gamestop has had it up for pre-order for a while as well as Bandai Namco's site. Hollow Realization got a steelbook though so I'm hoping this one does too. 

Had it been digital only I wouldn't have entertained the idea of this game for years as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Still waiting on news of a collector's edition. As long as it's not one of those $200 monstrosities lol.

I'd love to see a really badass steelbook for this one.

You mean this

SAOAL-Slides_09-14-19_006-600x338.jpg

Japanese Limited Edition

• Limited edition box
  • CD & Blu-ray disc special case
  • Special contents Blu-ray disc
  • Original soundtrack CD
  • Special booklet “Dengeki Nerve Gear Vol. 06”
  • Limited edition packaging
  • Original drama CD
  • Drama CD script

Not sure which they remove for the West version "collector's edition"

3 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

You mean this

SAOAL-Slides_09-14-19_006-600x338.jpg

Japanese Limited Edition

• Limited edition box
  • CD & Blu-ray disc special case
  • Special contents Blu-ray disc
  • Original soundtrack CD
  • Special booklet “Dengeki Nerve Gear Vol. 06”
  • Limited edition packaging
  • Original drama CD
  • Drama CD script

Not sure which they remove for the West version "collector's edition"

I've only been monitoring the 2 sites I mentioned above so I wasn't aware of this. So item 2 is the steelbook? 

Does it say how much that edition is or if they'd even remove anything for a Western CE?

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've only been monitoring the 2 sites I mentioned above so I wasn't aware of this. So item 2 is the steelbook? 

Does it say how much that edition is or if they'd even remove anything for a Western CE?

That picture was the only thing they showed, No price tags or info of a Western CE. it might be but all they called it was "CD & Blu-ray disc special case"

Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris TGS 2019 trailer, character videos, and latest details

Looking at Gematsu during the weekdays to see news or such of SAO games and other japanese games(there's rarely new news in the weekends)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I don't think that's the case for the game, but rather for the other bonus discs it comes with, they also just show a regular case for #6... so all that stuff probably just come in that black box (no steelbook). :hmm: You never know though, we may get something special in the US, we just have to wait & see (although if we can already pre-order the standard version, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a collector's). ?

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

I don't think that's the case for the game, but rather for the other bonus discs it comes with, they also just show a regular case for #6... so all that stuff probably just come in that black box (no steelbook). :hmm: You never know though, we may get something special in the US, we just have to wait & see (although if we can already pre-order the standard version, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a collector's). 1f605.png

I figured #2 looked like a shinier version of #6 so it might have been the steelbook lol.

If I'm not mistaken Metro Exodus had its standard edition up for pre-order before the others. The pre-order page has been up for a few months now so I really think it was just there as a place holder and the other editions will show up as they are announced.

Progress in Accel/SAO has been going pretty good... I've been in post-game for a few days now (the story was shorter than I would've liked), cleared all quests besides the last 3 Extra ones (still a bit weak for them), got an Accel skill to Lv500, finished most of the Friend Quests (I should finish Neke's today), & I'm just about to hit the 50 hour mark. ^_^ The main things I have left to do are the Smithing stuff (currently Lv9), & getting 100 Titles (currently 43), the other stuff I'm not too worried about. :hmm:

Also, you ever go into a battle thinking it was going to be a pain, but it turned out to go laughably perfect? I had one of those yesterday. xD

• Like 3

Progress with the SAO HF Grinds have been good, Now with Hollow Mission grind over, my work on the Implement grind can go fine without worrying about failing a Hollow Mission due to my ACC being down etc. I have 29/100 so far of the Implement grind. The LV grind however I have 59 LVs left as I'm at 141.

• Like 2

Just 4 trophies left for Accel World vs SAO. -_- 

Getting to level 1000 and getting an Accel World character's skill to level 500 shouldn't be much of an issue. Might even be able to get both later today. Kirito is 742 and the highest AW character skill is 319.

Rank 10 weapon is going to take forever. I'm only at rank 5 and have gone broke a few times. (this is likely to be my last trophy)

100 Titles is coming along while grinding everything else out. Currently at 64/100.

I swear it seems like I still have another week of playing left.

Also, whoever did the programming for the Sudden Quests NEEDS to be lobotomized so that they are incapable of any future game designs. These were intentionally programmed to be the biggest fuck-you-over mechanics ever. The 150 Sudden Quests you need can easily turn into 200+ due to the retardation of auto-fail borders.

• Like 3

I'm up to 85 titles now, so I pretty much did all the easy ones. The main ones left on my checklist are either getting multiple characters to Lv1000, or playtime related ones. Getting a weapon to R10 is going painfully slow though (currently at R6 +7), the amount of time/money that you have to put into this is way too much really, the materials either need to be at least half price, or drop rates need to be doubled. ?

Also I couldn't get a R10 rapier to drop from Verdraengung for nothing, I must've tried 20 times... So instead I tried to beat the max difficulty mission "Heroes of the Fairy Realm", it wasn't easy but I did manage it. ? I only have one quest left now (Destroyer of Worlds), so I would like to get that done... but that boss's ATK/DEF is so high, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. :hmm: Of course completing all the missions isn't required for the plat (or even a title), it's just my OCD talking. :P

30 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I've been working on AW vs SAO too. Finished the main story and started the post-game grinds. Currently at 37/100 titles and I've only used the blacksmith once.

Have fun doing to title for killing 300 dragons, I did that last night. :awesome:

10 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Also, whoever did the programming for the Sudden Quests NEEDS to be lobotomized so that they are incapable of any future game designs. These were intentionally programmed to be the biggest fuck-you-over mechanics ever. The 150 Sudden Quests you need can easily turn into 200+ due to the retardation of auto-fail borders.

I came across a boss-type quest yesterday where it actually was OUTSIDE the mission boundary, I had to wait for it to come back in. :facepalm:

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I'm up to 85 titles now, so I pretty much did all the easy ones. The main ones left on my checklist are either getting multiple characters to Lv1000, or playtime related ones. Getting a weapon to R10 is going painfully slow though (currently at R6 +7), the amount of time/money that you have to put into this is way too much really, the materials either need to be at least half price, or drop rates need to be doubled. 1f605.png

Also I couldn't get a R10 rapier to drop from Verdraengung for nothing, I must've tried 20 times... So instead I tried to beat the max difficulty mission "Heroes of the Fairy Realm", it wasn't easy but I did manage it. 1f611.png I only have one quest left now (Destroyer of Worlds), so I would like to get that done... but that boss's ATK/DEF is so high, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. :hmm: Of course completing all the missions isn't required for the plat (or even a title), it's just my OCD talking. :P

If you remember some R10 weapon quests/enemies, could you post them. I got a R10 bow from the quest to defeat 20 Honey Slimes (the gold ones) and added that to the guide. Two Honey Slimes spawn in the Otherworld stage World's End. It's easy to combine with the title for visiting the stage 10 times.

12 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Have fun doing to title for killing 300 dragons, I did that last night. :awesome:

I'm skipping that one because they spawn in a few places. :ninja: 

20 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I came across a boss-type quest yesterday where it actually was OUTSIDE the mission boundary, I had to wait for it to come back in. :facepalm:

That punk ass Rashiel in the Rotting Tree stage flew so high every goddamn time I came across it that when I would follow it the quest auto-failed. There's a squid type in Flosshilde's underground that does the same shit and it's infuriating. So glad I'm done with those BS quests.

16 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you remember some R10 weapon quests/enemies, could you post them. I got a R10 bow from the quest to defeat 20 Honey Slimes (the gold ones) and added that to the guide. Two Honey Slimes spawn in the Otherworld stage World's End. It's easy to combine with the title for visiting the stage 10 times.

I'm skipping that one because they spawn in a few places. :ninja: 

A lot of the ones I got without knowing. ? Other than the rapier, I only had to look for the katana (Abaddon, King of the Abyss quest), & mace (Death, Ghost Ship stage). I'm pretty sure I got a 2H sword from somewhere in the World's End stage though (maybe that giant wolf boss)? :hmm: Also, you could've found 7 of those honey slimes in the Rotting Forest stage. :P

Oh there's a ton of dragons flying around that tower in the last area. :devil:

Edited by Masamune

12 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

That punk ass Rashiel in the Rotting Tree stage flew so high every goddamn time I came across it that when I would follow it the quest auto-failed. There's a squid type in Flosshilde's underground that does the same shit and it's infuriating. So glad I'm done with those BS quests.

That underground squid gave me trouble too by going outside the quest range.

2 minutes ago, Masamune said:

A lot of the ones I got without knowing. ? Other than the rapier, I only had to look for the katana (Abaddon, King of the Abyss quest), & mace (Death, Ghost Ship stage). I'm pretty sure I got a 2H sword from somewhere in the World's End stage though (maybe that giant wolf boss)? :hmm: Also, you could've found 7 of those honey slimes in the Rotting Forest stage. :P

Oh didn't know they spawn in the Rotting Stage too :facepalm: . Currently working on the Greed quest to see if it awards a R10 weapon too. Might as well kill 100 for a title.