Let's Play SAO

Here's a list of some R10 weapons, there are more, you can find the whole list in here: https://bkbrent.com/millennium-twilight/database/ (I think most of the stuff on there has been translated, so some of the names may differ a bit).

• 1H Sword: Melancolia (Literally A Giant Foe)
  • 2H Sword: Skoell (Luna and Sol)
  • Dagger: Ruhiel (Angel of Wind)
  • Rapier: Verdraengung (Oversized Monster)
  • Katana: Abaddon (King of the Abyss)
  • Axe: Satet (Different Deities)
  • Spear: Rashiel (Angel of Hurricanes)
  • Mace: Death (Giggling Despair)
  • Knuckle: Apesh (Different Deities)
  • Bow: Arngrim (Two Berserk Warriors)
  • Shield: Eyfura (Two Berserk Warriors)
  • Wand: Folklore side quest
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Here's a list of some R10 weapons, there are more, you can find the whole list in here: https://bkbrent.com/millennium-twilight/database/ (I think most of the stuff on there has been translated, so some of the names may differ a bit).

• 1H Sword: Melancolia (Literally A Giant Foe)
  • 2H Sword: Skoell (Luna and Sol)
  • Dagger: Ruhiel (Angel of Wind)
  • Rapier: Verdraengung (Oversized Monster)
  • Katana: Abaddon (King of the Abyss)
  • Axe: Satet (Different Deities)
  • Spear: Rashiel (Angel of Hurricanes)
  • Mace: Death (Giggling Despair)
  • Knuckle: Apesh (Different Deities)
  • Bow: Arngrim (Two Berserk Warriors)
  • Shield: Eyfura (Two Berserk Warriors)
  • Wand: Folklore side quest

Oh nice, I'll just add the link to the guide.

Between physical therapy and having to wait for a plumber to fix a damn leak I lost a good amount of gameplay hours today.

However, I did manage to get a skill of Scarlet Rain to 500. One less grind to worry about.

The Infinite Dungeon has gotten me a couple titles too, and will give me even more as I repeat floors 1-5 or 1-10. 

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Between physical therapy and having to wait for a plumber to fix a damn leak I lost a good amount of gameplay hours today.

However, I did manage to get a skill of Scarlet Rain to 500. One less grind to worry about.

I know how that goes, I have some stuff to do today myself, so I don't think I'll make much progress today. ? I'm hoping I'll get at least one more character to Lv1000 though, them maybe do some material grinding (I'm at the point where I need Mithril & Orichalcum now).

17 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh nice, I'll just add the link to the guide.

From my experience, it seems like the drop rates aren't as good if using an Extra Quest to farm them, if you can find said enemies in an Otherworld stage, things seem to go a lot quicker. :hmm:

33 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I know how that goes, I have some stuff to do today myself, so I don't think I'll make much progress today. 1f605.png I'm hoping I'll get at least one more character to Lv1000 though, them maybe do some material grinding (I'm at the point where I need Mithril & Orichalcum now).

From my experience, it seems like the drop rates aren't as good if using an Extra Quest to farm them, if you can find said enemies in an Otherworld stage, things seem to go a lot quicker. :hmm:

How long does it take to farm enough BP to get one character to lvl 1000?

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. I remember Skoell being in the World's End stage. I already defeated it 10 times there, but no weapon yet.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How long does it take to farm enough BP to get one character to lvl 1000?

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. I remember Skoell being in the World's End stage. I already defeated it 10 times there, but no weapon yet.

BP grinding starts adding up pretty quick, I was actually more focused on grinding Yuld than that. I'm using a pretty high level mission for it though, it was the Different Deities quest (8/10 stars), you have to fight 4 of the legendary monsters in it (gives around 16,000BP in a few minutes). How much you need obviously depends on how much you level the character beforehand though... it took me exactly 509,700BP to go from Lv700 to Lv1000 with Kirito, but another character I leveled to 800-900 only took around half that to hit Lv1000.

A lot of mine dropped within 2-3 tries (note that they will drop as unidentified weapons), I guess you just have bad luck (or maybe I have good luck). :P

Behold, the Sword of Suffering! :P

SJHV1J9.jpg

It's a shame, that would've made a good platinum shot... I should've saved it for last. ?

Leveling update: I've been farming BP from Different Deities mainly using Kirito, but I decided to try the method mentioned in that bkbrent site using Nitride Unica instead... it took many tries (as well as some luck), but I finally managed to hit all 4 enemies with one attack:

Now if only every battle would go like that, I'd be golden. ?

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Feel every ounce of my goddamn envy lmfao.

This may cause a bit more envy then. ?

I'm glad I'm finally done with that, I knew it was going to take around 100 hours, but I didn't think over half of it would be just grinding (fun fact, I killed 14,452 enemies on my way to this plat). ?

I get a new award too! Although I have to make it, but still. :P

h2miOI1.png

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

Just now, Masamune said:

This may cause a bit more envy then. 1f602.png

I'm glad I'm finally done with that, I knew it was going to take around 100 hours, but I didn't think over half of it would be just grinding (fun fact, I killed 14,452 enemies on my way to this plat). 1f605.png

I can't figure out how I'm playing wrong. I'm over 50 hours ahead of your time and nowhere even near close. :S 

I just now made my weapon Rank 6. I'm seriously considering spending all of my BP on Nitride Unica and trying that method you posted from bkbrent's guide. I tried farming materials and after an hour of killing golems I think I only had 6 Iron Chunks so there's no way in hell farming is a viable option. I must have to grind out BP/Yuld and just buy the materials it will probably be quicker in the long run?

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I can't figure out how I'm playing wrong. I'm over 50 hours ahead of your time and nowhere even near close. :S 

I just now made my weapon Rank 6. I'm seriously considering spending all of my BP on Nitride Unica and trying that method you posted from bkbrent's guide. I tried farming materials and after an hour of killing golems I think I only had 6 Iron Chunks so there's no way in hell farming is a viable option. I must have to grind out BP/Yuld and just buy the materials it will probably be quicker in the long run?

I'd farm cash from Extra Quests (while also getting BP) & buy the materials up to maybe Mithril? Orichalcum can be easily farmed in Babel.

SAO HF Progress Update: Now the Implement Grind is 63/100, I saved the OSS Implement "Quests" for last, also I'am done with the level grind... if it was the PS Vita version I was playing.

Might grind some more Implements before I go to sleep or next weekend if I don't get Code Vein for some reason.

• Like 1

In SAO Hollow Realization, does Yui have a bed scene? I hope she doesn't because except the fact that it would be sick, i got her trophy for reaching max affinity but there wasn't a bed scene for the Gallery trophy. Till now, i've seen Asuna's,Strea's.Philia's and Leafa's, after getting their affinity trophies. 5 down, 9 to go......

• Like 1

(Accel World vs SAO)

Decided to bust my ass on grinding and made more progress in this play session, spanning the last 12+ hours so yesterday and today, than in the last 4 days in total I think.

Weapon is Rank 9 +7. Ruhiel is being a stingy bitch with these Phoenix Claws and it's the only way to get them. :angry: Once I get 3 of these items I'll grind out the remaining Adamantite I need. I'll need at least 45 more of it so that should take a couple hours. Won't need much more Orichalcum and that's easy to come by at this point.

84 titles so 16 left to go. I think I have 12 easy-ish ones to do so I may have to grind out BP and buy 4-5 character levels to 1000. 

EDIT:

I've been farming the Ruhiel mission for hours now. At least 3 possibly 4 hours, and I've only gotten ONE Phoenix Claw. This game has the worst drop rates I think I've ever seen. I just want one more to see if I'm going to need one to go to +9. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've been farming the Ruhiel mission for hours now. At least 3 possibly 4 hours, and I've only gotten ONE Phoenix Claw. This game has the worst drop rates I think I've ever seen. I just want one more to see if I'm going to need one to go to +9.

That material is pretty rare, out of my entire playthrough, I only got 7 or 8 of them... luckily that was enough to get me up to a R10 weapon. I killed a lot of those birds through grinding too, I think I got more R10 weapon drops than that material. ?

I wonder if you have to destroy one of its body parts to get it to drop though? I know you can lock onto its tail, but I'm not sure it it's feet are destructible or not. :hmm:

I'm at 41 titles so far. Grinding 100 Greeds took way longer than I thought, even with 17 kills per trip. Got a R10 spear in the process of otherworld sudden quests... and failed a few due to being knocked down and falling down, which also seems to count as leaving the sudden quest area even though I was well within the red circle on the mini-map.

On 20-9-2019 at 6:18 PM, Masamune said:

BP grinding starts adding up pretty quick, I was actually more focused on grinding Yuld than that. I'm using a pretty high level mission for it though, it was the Different Deities quest (8/10 stars), you have to fight 4 of the legendary monsters in it (gives around 16,000BP in a few minutes). How much you need obviously depends on how much you level the character beforehand though... it took me exactly 509,700BP to go from Lv700 to Lv1000 with Kirito, but another character I leveled to 800-900 only took around half that to hit Lv1000.

A lot of mine dropped within 2-3 tries (note that they will drop as unidentified weapons), I guess you just have bad luck (or maybe I have good luck). :P

Congrats with the plat :yay: . I'm surprised you don't get Excalibur when creating a R10 sword at the blacksmith.

Ok, I've been avoiding the BP grind and smithy grind so far, but I'll have to start it soon. Saved up around 860k BP so far and my main party is lvl 625-650, while almost every other character is at the level they were when joining. That's going to take millions of BP. Could you check how much BP you spent at the title for spending 10,000 BP? That would give me an indication of how bad the grind is going to be.

On 21-9-2019 at 8:36 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

(Accel World vs SAO)

I'm not getting any drops whatsoever from the Extra quests let alone Rank 10 weapons. -_- 

I've got 25 titles left and 7 of them can be freed up with R10 weapons alone. 

I equipped all three characters of my party with the ring for increased drop rates and only switch it out for the trinity rings when fighting the legendary bosses. It's not much better (IIRC each ring has ~2.5% increase). I do get lots of R6, R7, and R8 equipment from the boss monsters in otherworld stages.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm at 41 titles so far. Grinding 100 Greeds took way longer than I thought, even with 17 kills per trip. Got a R10 spear in the process of otherworld sudden quests... and failed a few due to being knocked down and falling down, which also seems to count as leaving the sudden quest area even though I was well within the red circle on the mini-map.

Congrats with the plat :yay: . I'm surprised you don't get Excalibur when creating a R10 sword at the blacksmith.

Ok, I've been avoiding the BP grind and smithy grind so far, but I'll have to start it soon. Saved up around 860k BP so far and my main party is lvl 625-650, while almost every other character is at the level they were when joining. That's going to take millions of BP. Could you check how much BP you spent at the title for spending 10,000 BP? That would give me an indication of how bad the grind is going to be.

I equipped all three characters of my party with the ring for increased drop rates and only switch it out for the trinity rings when fighting the legendary bosses. It's not much better (IIRC each ring has ~2.5% increase). I do get lots of R6, R7, and R8 equipment from the boss monsters in otherworld stages.

Most sudden quests also have an altitude limit you have to stay within, you can tell where it is by the red arrows in the top right (on your altitude gauge).

Thanks! ^_^ & yeah, I was hoping for that too, but it seems transforming weapons just increases its rank, not the name or appearance. ?

Remember to try & level your weaker characters some before using your BP on them. I put a Lv400 character in my party & did a 5 floor of that Infinite dungeon, that alone got them 50 extra levels. I'd usually try to bring them up to Lv700 minimum before spending BP on them... roughly I spent about 5.5M BP, that was for 10 characters (that probably includes material purchases as well). :hmm:

If I'm not mistaken, those rings abilities don't stack, & only the character that makes the killing blow takes effect. :hmm: Also you don't have to equip those trinity rings when fighting the legendary monsters after the first time you beat them in the story (e.g. for quests).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Masamune said:

That material is pretty rare, out of my entire playthrough, I only got 7 or 8 of them... luckily that was enough to get me up to a R10 weapon. I killed a lot of those birds through grinding too, I think I got more R10 weapon drops than that material. 1f605.png

I wonder if you have to destroy one of its body parts to get it to drop though? I know you can lock onto its tail, but I'm not sure it it's feet are destructible or not. :hmm:

I had wondered about the body parts as well and I figured since I was using Nitride and taking Ruhiel out in seconds most times I needed to switch. After about 5-6 hours total I ended up with 2 phoenix claws inside of a half hour using Kirito. I'm guessing Skill Connecting his 3 long combo attacks has a better chance of breaking something off that damn bird than Nitride's huge stormcloud attack. Another thing...I have no idea if it's the tail or the little claws on the wings that are the things you need to break. I only need 1 more now anyways. I'm getting Max Enhance today.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sudden Quests suck. There's no other way of describing them except negatively. As for the items I think Masamune is right about the effects not stacking. Becuase god forbid there's something that can make these drop rates just a little better. :angry: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Most sudden quests also have an altitude limit you have to stay within, you can tell where it is by the red arrows in the top right (on your altitude gauge).

Thanks! ^_^ & yeah, I was hoping for that too, but it seems transforming weapons just increases its rank, not the name or appearance. 1f615.png

Remember to try & level your weaker characters some before using your BP on them. I put a Lv400 character in my party & did a 5 floor of that Infinite dungeon, that alone got them 50 extra levels. I'd usually try to bring them up to Lv700 minimum before spending BP on them... roughly I spent about 5.5M BP, that was for 10 characters (that probably includes material purchases as well). :hmm:

If I'm not mistaken, those rings abilities don't stack, & only the character that makes the killing blow takes effect. :hmm: Also you don't have to equip those trinity rings when fighting the legendary monsters after the first time you beat them in the story (e.g. for quests).

I had no idea about that :facepalm: .

Well, that sucks. I can understand why the devs did that though and I do have a R8 Elucidator *considers upgrading it to R10* :hmm: .

I haven't visited the Infinite Dungeon yet... don't even know how to get there ?. It seems characters don't need as much BP to level up when they're at lower levels (i'm guessing it's current level multiplied by 2 the first time), so I was wondering if it's actually cheaper to level them up with BP early on.

Dammit :shakefist: , and here I thought I had around +7.5% increased drop rate. Thanks for the heads up about the trinity rings.

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I had wondered about the body parts as well and I figured since I was using Nitride and taking Ruhiel out in seconds most times I needed to switch. After about 5-6 hours total I ended up with 2 phoenix claws inside of a half hour using Kirito. I'm guessing Skill Connecting his 3 long combo attacks has a better chance of breaking something off that damn bird than Nitride's huge stormcloud attack. Another thing...I have no idea if it's the tail or the little claws on the wings that are the things you need to break. I only need 1 more now anyways. I'm getting Max Enhance today.

Sudden Quests suck. There's no other way of describing them except negatively. As for the items I think Masamune is right about the effects not stacking. Becuase god forbid there's something that can make these drop rates just a little better. :angry: 

Wait, you can destroy body parts!? :blink:

Definitely, I think I'm around 100 quests, but only completed 60 or so. Suddenly, I miss SAO Hollow Fragment and its 3 methods to increase drop rates.

25 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I haven't visited the Infinite Dungeon yet... don't even know how to get there 1f605.png. It seems characters don't need as much BP to level up when they're at lower levels (i'm guessing it's current level multiplied by 2 the first time), so I was wondering if it's actually cheaper to level them up with BP early on.

It should've appeared at the bottom of the warp list once you beat the game, it's the best place to level in the game as it has Lv800-1000+ enemies in there. I wouldn't recommend going higher than the 5th floor though (except for that one 10th floor title), the higher ones can get pretty dangerous (especially if you get thrown into a boss arena floor). & no, the cost just increases the higher level you are, the more manual leveling you do, the less BP you'll have to spend to get them to Lv1000.

Yeah, I think you'll hear a breaking sound when you destroy one (& sometimes it'll stun an enemy & they'll fall down for a bit, you'll also earn extra BP for doing so). For the most part I ignored it & usually just went after the main body though.

36 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Well, that sucks. I can understand why the devs did that though and I do have a R8 Elucidator *considers upgrading it to R10* :hmm: .

I haven't visited the Infinite Dungeon yet... don't even know how to get there 1f605.png. It seems characters don't need as much BP to level up when they're at lower levels (i'm guessing it's current level multiplied by 2 the first time), so I was wondering if it's actually cheaper to level them up with BP early on.

At the bold part. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Don't waste those precious precious materials. Seriously you'll be screwing yourself over so badly I would actually drop this plat if I had done that. FFS I was even telling Masamune how pissed off I was at myself for even enhancing higher level weapons JUST ONCE when getting the Smithy to level 10.

As for Infinite, you'll unlock it after beating the game. The teleport platform in Ryne will have it as an option at the very bottom. Be warned though...those bastards are tough and you can't leave unless it's on floor 5 or floor 10.

36 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Definitely, I think I'm around 100 quests, but only completed 60 or so. Suddenly, I miss SAO Hollow Fragment and its 3 methods to increase drop rates.

Yeah..."break"...I've never seen a body part fall off or anything but I think there's a sound that signifies you've done so. :dunno: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

At the bold part. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Don't waste those precious precious materials. Seriously you'll be screwing yourself over so badly I would actually drop this plat if I had done that. FFS I was even telling Masamune how pissed off I was at myself for even enhancing higher level weapons JUST ONCE when getting the Smithy to level 10.

Oh yeah, I probably should've warned him about that too. ? The upgrading cost/rarity of materials really isn't worth it, I didn't keep track of the black claws you need to get past R8, but I know you need 100 or more of Adamantite to get from R9 to R10, that stuff should be horded like crazy. ?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

As for Infinite, you'll unlock it after beating the game. The teleport platform in Ryne will have it as an option at the very bottom. Be warned though...those bastards are tough and you can't leave unless it's on floor 5 or floor 10.

Yeah..."break"...I've never seen a body part fall off or anything but I think there's a sound that signifies you've done so. :dunno: 

35 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Oh yeah, I probably should've warned him about that too. ? The upgrading cost/rarity of materials really isn't worth it, I didn't keep track of the black claws you need to get past R8, but I know you need 100 or more of Adamantite to get from R9 to R10, that stuff should be horded like crazy. ?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll avoid upgrading anything, except for the R1-R10 trophy. 100 Adamantite, damn... I should work on that too.