Let's Play SAO

14 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Could have swore I replied to this. I sincerely doubt they are easily killed. I didn't think the bosses past floor 5 were easily defeated although I think I failed out of the infinite dungeon only once.

With Alice's unique skills, they are easily killed but also they can still easily kill you if not careful.

• Like 1

*Stands up with conviction and determination*

It's time for me to finally play and finish Hollow Fragment. Seeing "everyone" plat it encourages me to face my irrational fear of the game. I mean I tend to make games harder than they are. Anyway, where can I practice some move sets without the risk of dying and starting over? I wouldn't mind if I use the practice to knock out any trophies I'm missing.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

How is the grind in Lost Song and Accel, compared to Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization?

Don't know how i ended up with 5 SAO games in my possession and 1 in my wishlist (Fatal Bullet Complete).

Any affinity nonsense? (btw i completed SAO: HR)

I have all of them except Fatal Bullet, but I've only completed Lost Song, earned a third of trophies in Hollow Fragment, and played a bit of Hollow Realization. Lost Song is by far the easiest. I didn't find the grind too bad. 

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

How is the grind in Lost Song and Accel, compared to Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization?

Don't know how i ended up with 5 SAO games in my possession and 1 in my wishlist (Fatal Bullet Complete).

Lost Song is easiest of all SAO game whlie Accel Word VS have bit more grind then Lost Song but still less then HF,HR and FB.

No affinity trophies like HF,HR and FB, Accel World VS has affinity but it's just for getting all pics.

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

As stated Lost Song is the least grindy and shortest. 

However, if you do not make the best use of your time, like my stupid ass, then AW vs SAO can easily reach the times of Hollow Fragment. As far as I'm concerned though AW vs SAO has the worst post game grind compared to how long the story is. (I haven't played Hollow Realization yet btw)

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online update:

Halfway completed all of Hexe's requests, while hunting down sudden quests is a pain in the ass without Scarlet Rain's Extended Vision skill (works the same way as Kirito/Philia's Searcher skill). I liked the Accel World maps titles since I got "Lord of Destruction" and "Emperor of Death" so far. makes me wonder if one of the two that's left is "God of Resurrection" or something.

btw. does it even work having two Accel World characters with increase BP drop skill alongside Scarlet Rain's equipment? So far it looks like I get around 100,000BP by doing 10 rounds of Bird killing.

45 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

btw. does it even work having two Accel World characters with increase BP drop skill alongside Scarlet Rain's equipment? So far it looks like I get around 100,000BP by doing 10 rounds of Bird killing.

I believe that only the character you're controlling will be the one whose effects are active. Personally I found that to be a bit of a dick move as it just slows down your entire party's progress for no real reason. This applies to SAO characters as well. Items are only active on the character you play as.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:55 AM, Edunstar84 said:

*Stands up with conviction and determination*

It's time for me to finally play and finish Hollow Fragment. Seeing "everyone" plat it encourages me to face my irrational fear of the game. I mean I tend to make games harder than they are. Anyway, where can I practice some move sets without the risk of dying and starting over? I wouldn't mind if I use the practice to knock out any trophies I'm missing.

I didn't beat it yet either. I dunno how everyone is so good at this game lol.

I'm not even 50% and I have so much grind left... how do you guys keep track of all the info?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mako-heart said:

I'm not even 50% and I have so much grind left... how do you guys keep track of all the info?!

For games like this I keep multiple word pads open/saved with information pertaining to different things. Easier to track than keeping one giant word pad. (Back in ye olden days I would handwrite everything so thank god for laptops lmfao.)

I was horrible at HF when I first started. First and foremost my dumbass stayed in the hardest areas wondering why I died so often. That's what I got for going in blind and not paying much attention to anything though. As I leveled and fought certain enemies while running from others it gets much easier. By the time I even tackled the main parts of the game I was crushing the Floor trophies.

• Like 1

Now I'm done with Sudden Quests amd are half-way there with the titles, Now to level Kuroyukihime's skill level to 500 before starting on the Rank 10 hunt (If I was not mistaken, it's a bigger chance to get a Rank 10 Weapons from Bosses outside of the Extra Quests)

btw, I was disappointed by the lack of Ash Roller's "Wall-driving ability"

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, mako-heart said:

Take a Screenshot of each Unique Hollow Mission you have done, make use of a "Counter App" to keep count of HNMs you have killed, how many times Liz have upgraded your weapons etc.

6 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Now I'm done with Sudden Quests amd are half-way there with the titles, Now to level Kuroyukihime's skill level to 500 before starting on the Rank 10 hunt (If I was not mistaken, it's a bigger chance to get a Rank 10 Weapons from Bosses outside of the Extra Quests)

I really only felt that Death was worth farming outside of the extra quests. He's way easier to kill at the Pirate Ship than he is in the extra quest where he's level 1200 and doesn't care not one bit about your stats or gear. <_< I got some rank 10 weapons from other bosses in the otherworld stages but overall it was quicker to just do the extra quests instead of taking out the boss to enter the otherwold stage, beating the bosses, leaving, and repeating the process over in over. 

Then you have the bosses like Rashiel, I think it's that one at least, where fighting them in the rotting forest stage sucks big time because it's a sudden quest and the computer will do everything in it's power to cheat you out it. 

Chances might be a wee bit higher, but I think the ease of taking out most of them, aside from the previously mentioned Death, definitely outweighs that chance. (which probably isn't even much anyways)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mako-heart said:

I wonder that with most of my hardest games. Like, it can't be all that bad, right? I know where I'm at in the story; I just need to practice battling. I remember not being so good at it.

9 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Take a Screenshot of each Unique Hollow Mission you have done, make use of a "Counter App" to keep count of HNMs you have killed, how many times Liz have upgraded your weapons etc.

I've been trying to work down the list, but I should probably copy the info into a text doc.... ugh... it's so much damn bookkeeping...

On 11/7/2019 at 6:00 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I really only felt that Death was worth farming outside of the extra quests. He's way easier to kill at the Pirate Ship than he is in the extra quest where he's level 1200 and doesn't care not one bit about your stats or gear. <_< I got some rank 10 weapons from other bosses in the otherworld stages but overall it was quicker to just do the extra quests instead of taking out the boss to enter the otherwold stage, beating the bosses, leaving, and repeating the process over in over. 

Then you have the bosses like Rashiel, I think it's that one at least, where fighting them in the rotting forest stage sucks big time because it's a sudden quest and the computer will do everything in it's power to cheat you out it. 

Chances might be a wee bit higher, but I think the ease of taking out most of them, aside from the previously mentioned Death, definitely outweighs that chance. (which probably isn't even much anyways)

That damn Death was easier to kill at the Pirate Ship but no Rank 10 drop until I put the difficulty to hard and it drop after some "careful planning" with Alice. So now I have Rank 10 Spear, Mace, Bow and Wand, in a way I have a Rank 10 1H sword already but it don't count as it came with the Damn Fairy King.

edit: Got the "Sword Master" Title from doing the Extra Quest that you have to kill a LV 1000 Damn Fairy King and Excalibur is a reward. So could I just make a "Rank 10 1H Sword" or is one of the other weapons that I don't have yet a Rank 10 of, a better choice to do?

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1

Got Yuuki to LV 1000 and the trophy icon is of course Yuuki. Anyway found out that in order to get Level 1000 for anyone is to get 100,0000 Burst Points (Kill Rashiel around 100 times or less)

but it's less Burst Points for higher levels than 100 of course.

75 Titles so far and the blacksmith level is 8... damn this is going to take a while. Only miss to hunt down 5 types of monsters: Golem Type (not found in Wellgunde's dungeons as the guide says as I been in all dungeons and found no Golems or any other monster of that Type), Harpy Type (Going to see if those flying hags is in one of the other Islands), Basilisk Type (found some in the skies of the first Island), Rune Knight Type (Found around 4 of them in Flosshilde's dungeon that was used to level Kuroyukihime's Death By Piercing to 500, but going to look in Niebelheim for more of them) and Worm Type (Same as the Basilisk Type monsters, found them in skies of the first Island)

*Besides the Golem Type monsters not being where the guide said them to be (might be a difference between the PS Vita and PS4 version), I found more Silkie Type monsters then the Guide said there was on the first Island around the buildings, on top of the said buildings and a Tree in the Sky, almost the same can said for the Fuath Type monsters (Found them in the same place as the Kobold Type monsters and Slime Type monsters)

btw also got a Rank 10 dagger from Rashiel's blue counterpart.

5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

75 Titles so far and the blacksmith level is 8... damn this is going to take a while. Only miss to hunt down 5 types of monsters: Golem Type (not found in Wellgunde's dungeons as the guide says as I been in all dungeons and found no Golems or any other monster of that Type), Harpy Type (Going to see if those flying hags is in one of the other Islands), Basilisk Type (found some in the skies of the first Island), Rune Knight Type (Found around 4 of them in Flosshilde's dungeon that was used to level Kuroyukihime's Death By Piercing to 500, but going to look in Niebelheim for more of them) and Worm Type (Same as the Basilisk Type monsters, found them in skies of the first Island)

I believe Flosshilde and Niebelheim have every type of golem in the game. However, for Flosshilde you have to have access to the underground.

5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

*Besides the Golem Type monsters not being where the guide said them to be (might be a difference between the PS Vita and PS4 version), I found more Silkie Type monsters then the Guide said there was on the first Island around the buildings, on top of the said buildings and a Tree in the Sky, almost the same can said for the Fuath Type monsters (Found them in the same place as the Kobold Type monsters and Slime Type monsters)

btw also got a Rank 10 dagger from Rashiel's blue counterpart.

I don't know when the author played the game in relation to updates, but there's far more monsters in various locations than the guide lets on. The ONLY monster I didn't hunt down to 300 if I remember right were the giant worms found in Woglinde's skies. They were too annoying and in Niebelheim there's a sudden quest for them but they're too bunched up and chaotic to deal with efficiently. (I was also running low on patience at the time lol)

17 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I believe Flosshilde and Niebelheim have every type of golem in the game. However, for Flosshilde you have to have access to the underground.

I don't know when the author played the game in relation to updates, but there's far more monsters in various locations than the guide lets on. The ONLY monster I didn't hunt down to 300 if I remember right were the giant worms found in Woglinde's skies. They were too annoying and in Niebelheim there's a sudden quest for them but they're too bunched up and chaotic to deal with efficiently. (I was also running low on patience at the time lol)

I found a lot of Harpies in Flosshilde both on the surface and underground, same with golems(there was some groups of golems behind the mountain) but Niebelheim had a lot of golems compared to Flosshilde however.

Those damn giant worms with wings was a pain in ass then the monsters I had to kill was them then I got that sudden quest. only miss to kill around 90 of them before I have 80 Titles.

89 Titles done and got the blacksmith level to 10 while working on a title so now I can start the damn Rank 1 to 10 grind, Since I got all Rank 10 Titles but Rapier, I'm going to turn that Rapier into "Grind's Bane".

Edit: 90 Titles done, This damn grind cost a lot of Yuld and Burst Points and I'm still not done (Thought only to have 10x Materials was maximum but turned out be 15x for now...)

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1

And... now I hit a wall with enhancing my Rapier R7 since Bloody Thorn is not on the merchant's list of materials, she is selling.

BK Brent's Material list says both a Normal Monster(Mi-Go/Air Drake) and a Boss Monster (Bestla) drop this material. From lasering Rashiel to death many times to grind for BP and Yuld, Boss Monsters looks to gave you almost all the time materials than nothing/Rank 10 Weapon.

51 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

And... now I hit a wall with enhancing my Rapier R7 since Bloody Thorn is not on the merchant's list of materials, she is selling.

BK Brent's Material list says both a Normal Monster(Mi-Go/Air Drake) and a Boss Monster (Bestla) drop this material. From lasering Rashiel to death many times to grind for BP and Yuld, Boss Monsters looks to gave you almost all the time materials than nothing/Rank 10 Weapon.

It's a ridiculous grind honestly. It's not even a smart mechanic considering the weapons you can buy and find are literally equal to or better than what you'll forge.

Best to just increase your luck with items and keep on killing stuff. I don't know what the Rapier takes in terms of items, not that I can remember what the 1H sword takes, but chances are you'll need tons of it for not only Rank 7 but for Ranks 8 and 9 too. With a bump in item rarity somewhere.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Best to just increase your luck with items and keep on killing stuff. I don't know what the Rapier takes in terms of items, not that I can remember what the 1H sword takes, but chances are you'll need tons of it for not only Rank 7 but for Ranks 8 and 9 too. With a bump in item rarity somewhere.

The certain Mob killing to get materials was better than killing the same boss over and over again. Besides the Monster Drops... The Metal materials needed to enhancing weapons is the same, hopefully I got the Adamantite needed to enhance a Rank 9 Rapier.

• Like 1

A few questions about Lost Song.

1) If i use a teleport before a boss fight to go to town, can i return back or i will have to do all the dungeon from the start?

2) I see that members of my party are using items. Are those from my inventory and if yes, how to stop them from doing that?

3) Should i sell all weapon and shield duplicates?

4) For time efficiency, right now Kirito's Dual-Blade level is 215 and the Sword Skill i've been using from the start is at 185.

Obviously the weapon skill is going to reach level 400 before the sword skill reach level 500.Should i continue with DB till i max the sword skill or should i focus on getting the other two weapon skills at level 400 for Skill Maniac trophy?

Edited by sephiroth4424

12 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

A few questions about Lost Song.

1) If i use a teleport before a boss fight to go to town, can i return back or i will have to do all the dungeon from the start?

2) I see that members of my party are using items. Are those from my inventory and if yes, how to stop them from doing that?

3) Should i sell all weapon and shield duplicates?

4) For time efficiency, right now Kirito's Dual-Blade level is 215 and the Sword Skill i've been using from the start is at 185.

Obviously the weapon skill is going to reach level 400 before the sword skill reach level 500.Should i continue with DB till i max the sword skill or should i focus on getting the other two weapon skills at level 400 for Skill Maniac trophy?

2. No

3. Yes as duplicates do not count as well as shields.

4. If you prefer to fight with Dual blades then move over to Kirito's two other weapons and get them to 400 before going back to Dual blades.

• Like 1