Let's Play SAO

SAO Hollow Fragment has been sitting in my backlog for three years now. I can give it a go next month to go along with the backlog event I'm participating in. Last time I played it, I remember not dealing nearly enough damage and getting very overwhelmed by swarms of enemies. I also remember that grinding levels was a major pain and didn't improve Kirito's stats that much. I might need help to get that plat :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Myu said:

SAO Hollow Fragment has been sitting in my backlog for three years now. I can give it a go next month to go along with the backlog event I'm participating in. Last time I played it, I remember not dealing nearly enough damage and getting very overwhelmed by swarms of enemies. I also remember that grinding levels was a major pain and didn't improve Kirito's stats that much. I might need help to get that plat :)

Added. grinding levels is always a pain no matter the game. if I`am not mistaken the DLC Weapons is strong and Free. try to master Kirito`s Twin Sword style and get all Twin Sword skills.

18 hours ago, Masamune said:

Thank you very much, that's my first collectible signature badge that isn't a Song Vote trophy. :D 

12 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Don't use German eBay, they are surely censoring weeb games from the search :awesome: 

Well, I wouldn't put it past them, but maybe it actually wouldn't be too bad of an idea to check out the UK eBay site as well. While many probably won't be wanting to ship to Germany, I might find something cheap there. At least they should have a bigger selection of English games...

9 hours ago, Myu said:

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Added. grinding levels is always a pain no matter the game. if I`am not mistaken the DLC Weapons is strong and Free. try to master Kirito`s Twin Sword style and get all Twin Sword skills.

Really? I personally had the most fun with the trophy for reaching level 150. It's a breeze compared to the implement trophy and it's also a lot less frustrating than the 100 HNM trophy since you have your current level as an exact counter towards your progress.

You should check out the old Let's Finish Hollow Fragment thread. It's fairly long, but between pages 20 and 40, there's basically a fullblown guide containing all there is to know, including a bunch of handy tricks which made the journey a lot more bearable.

Edited by xFalionx

Just now, xFalionx said:

Really? I personally had the most fun with the trophy for reaching level 150. It's a breeze compared to the implement trophy and it's also a lot less frustrating than the 100 HNM trophy since you have your current level as an exact counter towards your progress.

Well I have to reach level 200 and I`am at level 124. not long to I have to start the grind on RE;HF myself.

Level Trophies are fun then you earn 10 levels or more in one battle or earn a level every fight you do.

Just now, xFalionx said:

You should check out the old Let's Finish Hollow Fragment thread. It's fairly long, but between pages 20 and 40, there's basically a fullblown guide containing all there is to know, including a bunch of handy tricks which made the journey a lot more bearable.

You have a link to that?

9 hours ago, Myu said:

I feel ya! I think that's how long ago I played HF too. I got scared not wanting to fight some guy. I think it was PoH 'cause I couldn't get used to the controls or some such. It's been too long.

12 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Well I have to reach level 200 and I`am at level 124. not long to I have to start the grind on RE;HF myself.

Level Trophies are fun then you earn 10 levels or more in one battle or earn a level every fight you do.

You have a link to that?

I'm talking relative to the implements and HNMs. Of course it's not flat out fun to grind to level 150/200 but it's much better than other trophies in the game.

Anyway, in this video there's the strategy I used to level, which was fairly quick. Another relic from the old thread. :D 

• Like 1

Just now, re_panos said:

Thank you very much! (Masamune made it btw) Fun fact is I still haven't played any Hyperdimension Neptunia games, although I have 3 of them. I just watched the anime and loved Noire xD Once I'm done with Hollow Fragment I'll probably play them

Noire Forever :highfive:

d8a.gif

Good luck with last of the Grind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I would like to join please :)

Added

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I have Re;Hollow Fragment sat in my backlog and want to purchase Lost Song at some point in the future.  I know it's on sale at the moment but I want the Vita version, and only the PS4 version is on sale.

So your SAO path is going to be PS4-Vita-Vita-Vita-PS4?

7 hours ago, Kent said:

I just purchased re:Hollow Fragment from the flash sale so I'll be starting my journey somewhat soon........................maybe...............after the backlog is clear a bit. 

So we all say after every purchase xD

16 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

I think fragment is the only sao game that I could never play. 1f605.png

Why? It's so good, much better story and gameplay than Lost Song(although flying is cool). I have fond memories of fragment. 

I can't speak on realization as I haven't started it yet, only that I heard it runs wayy better on ps4 with more assets. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Why? It's so good, much better story and gameplay than Lost Song(although flying is cool). I have fond memories of fragment. 

I can't speak on realization as I haven't started it yet, only that I heard it runs wayy better on ps4 with more assets. 

Realization is a grind hell, actually the story is meh and the games look great on PS4, if you want try it I highly recommend buy it on PS4. I bought Lost song back in 2015 or early 2016 and now is when start it ?

Guess I'll join only really not looking forward to the platinum for Hollow and Re:Hollow all the others don't seem so bad since have done Lost Song before and then Fatal Bullet and AW VS SAO also doesn't seem bad from what I have done so far. I think gameplay I prefer how Hollow Realization plays over all others and I prefer Lost Song gameplay over Hollow Fragment.

Just now, Shana Alter said:

Guess I'll join only really not looking forward to the platinum for Hollow and Re:Hollow all the others don't seem so bad since have done Lost Song before and then Fatal Bullet and AW VS SAO also doesn't seem bad from what I have done so far. I think gameplay I prefer how Hollow Realization plays over all others and I prefer Lost Song gameplay over Hollow Fragment.

Added. You can platinum AW VS SAO first if you like. Good Luck with Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment.