DragonQuest238's Platinum Cat Shrine: My Platinum Trophy List

mythreadbanner.png

No cats were harmed in the making of this thread. :P

I have been trophy hunting since 2013 and after several failed accounts, I am finally back into the swing of things! Well not really, but at least I am going to be honest with myself from now on. That's why this trophy checklist is going to be updated sporadically and I'll be lucky if I get 238 platinums during the rest of my years. But at least the games won't feel like burnt shoe leather on my back! ^_^

Anyways, I thought I would just update how I am doing through this thread and be polite as I can to anyone who responds. This thread will also list events I have or am participating in. Enjoy! :D

My Current Platinum Trophies:

#1 - 50

Spoiler
  1. 1S04db45.png Cat Quest
  2. 1Sbc50c9.png LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
  3. 1S88dc1a.png LEGO The Hobbit (PS4)
  4. 1S48153b.png LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS4)
  5. 1Sbae112.png LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4)
  6. 1S7f797c.png Reverie (PS4)
  7. 1Sccd8f0.png Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  8. 1Sacf8ad.png Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4)
  9. 1S39e162.png Buff Knight Advanced
  10. 1S31d4ab.png 36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)
  11. 1Sf970b5.png Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
  12. 1S458fc4.png Little Adventure on the Prairie (PS4)
  13. 1S54b496.png My Name is Mayo (PS4)
  14. 1S1ecfc3.png Nubla
  15. 1S87d7ef.png Lara Croft GO
  16. 1S5200b3.png Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
  17. 1Sfed48b.png N.E.R.O.
  18. 1S3148b6.png Dark Arcana: The Carnival
  19. 1S8675bb.png Zeus Quest Remastered
  20. 1S2ca8e4.png Adventures of Mana
  21. 1S0a154c.png Perfect Angle
  22. 1Sf434bc.png Aer: Memories of Old
  23. 1S911b64.png Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
  24. 1Sb988ab.png Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  25. 1S9fc47a.png Eventide: Slavic Fable
  26. 1S2caf5b.png Inksplosion (PS4)
  27. 1S2caf5b.png Inksploshion (Vita)
  28. 1Se4068c.png Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror
  29. 1Sfbe37d.png Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends
  30. 1S79bb83.png Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
  31. 1S7c69a4.png Her Majesty's SPIFFING
  32. 1S479edd.png Old Man's Journey
  33. 1S58a39e.png Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
  34. 1S846312.png Planet of the Eyes
  35. 1S9b696b.png Enigmatis 3: Shadow of Karkhala
  36. 1S740aa6.png Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
  37. 1Sfa2ab6.png Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  38. 1Sd5fd36.png Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
  39. 1Se932ac.png Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  40. 1Se03d95.png Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
  41. 1S6d07be.png Little Adventure on the Prairie (Vita)
  42. 1S46aa7d.png My Name Is Mayo (Vita)
  43. 1Sf9dd86.png Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  44. 1Se88ef1.png The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  45. 1Sc464d7.png Shantae: Half Genie Hero (PS4)
  46. 1S13eb65.png Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder
  47. 1S4fc166.png Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
  48. 1S88ea28.png Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones
  49. 1S6a081a.png Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  50. 1Sf39322.png Dragon Quest Builders

#51 - 100

Spoiler

51. 1Se42684.png XBLAZE LOST: Memories (Vita)

52. 1S5645cc.png LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey

53. 1S3c1b9a.png Seasons after Fall

54. 1Sfe0cca.png Trine 3: Artifacts of Power

55. 1Sc06160.png LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4)

56. 1S140d5b.png LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4)

57. 1Sc9aac0.png Word Search by POWGI (PS Vita)

58. 1Sd8c2dc.png Jak II (PS4) (debug mode)

59. 1S12f478.png Deponia

60. 1S5caea2.png LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS Vita)

61. 1Sd358dc.png The Little Acre

62. 1S005eb4.png Jack N' Jill DX (PS4)

63. 1Sae36f3.png√Letter (PS Vita)

64. 1S792f34.png Midnight Deluxe (PS4)

65. 1S081bbd.png Midnight Deluxe (PS Vita)

66. 1Sf8f3ea.png Jack N' Jill DX (PS Vita)

67. 1S929415.png Catlateral Damage

68. 1Sede020.png RiME

69. 1S8aaccc.png Donut County

70. 1Sbfb502.png Dark Cloud

71. 1S456a80.png Jak 3 (debug mode)

72. 1Sab1af5.png Candleman

73. 1S38cdca.png Tetra's Escape (Vita)

74. 1S38cdca.png Tetra's Escape (PS4)

75. 1Sb77b40.png Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

76. 1Se8b9b7.png Celeste

77. 1S22b181.png Devious Dungeon

78. 1S59f9f4.png Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (Vita)

79. 1S66d0e9.png Undertale (Vita)

80. 1S24ebd2.png Lili: Child of Geos

81. 1Sbf47a3.png Super Destructonaut DX (PS4)

82. 1Sbf47a3.png Super Destructonaut DX (Vita)

83. 1S37f2f8.png Waking Violet (got it on the Vita)

84. 1S6b2ec7.png LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Vita)

85. 1S0d2a4d.png LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita)

86. 1S3e0cd1.png Pic-A-Pix Color (Vita)

87. 1S71f154.png Energy Cycle (Vita)

88. 1S91e12f.png Pic-A-Pix Color (PS4)

89. 1S210e1f.png Word Sudoku by POWGI (Vita)

90. 1Sfa68d7.png Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood

91. 1S4d43d8.png Shadow of Loot Box (PS4)

92. 1Sb96433.png Word Sudoku by POWGI (PS4)

93. 1S2434bd.png FreezeME

94. 1S0719d3.png The Gardens Between

95. 1S647d01.png A Hat In Time

96. 1S4aaccb.png Ratchet and Clank

97. 1S2d4dce.png Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

98. 1S4258fe.png Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

99. 1S2020af.png Spyro the Dragon

100. 1S6151ee.png Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

#101 - 150

Spoiler

101. 1S9c1317.png My Brother Rabbit

102. 1S93dd07.png LEGO Jurassic World (Vita)

103. 1Sc08599.png Devious Dungeon (Vita)

104. 1S77f338.png Storm Boy

105. 1S40a6f3.png LEGO Marvel Superheroes (PS4)

106. 1Saffe5b.png Tearaway

107. 1S0078eb.png Reverie (Vita)

108. Fullblast (Vita)

109. Fullblast (PS4)

110. LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

My Non-Platinum 100% Titles:

Spoiler
  • 1S4aa01c.png Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (PS3)
  • 1Sda18a4.png Kingdom Hearts re:coded (PS3)
  • 13S98dede.png Doodle Devil

The Events and the Games I Do For Them:

Summer Backlog Challenge 2018 (Complete)

1S5200b3.png1S3148b6.png1Sb988ab.png1S9b696b.png1Sfa2ab6.png1S911b64.png1Sd5fd36.png1S6d07be.png1S46aa7d.png1S1ecfc3.png

The PSNP Spelling Bee: NEEDLED (Complete)

1Se932ac.png1S9fc47a.png1Se4068c.png1Se03d95.png1S4fc166.png1Sfbe37d.png1Sf9dd86.png

Trophophobia: Face Your Fears (Complete)

1S88ea28.png1S6a081a.png1S140d5b.png1Sb77b40.png1S4fc166.png1S3c1b9a.png

Gaming by Numbers (Complete)

1S3e0cd1.png1S37f2f8.png1S38cdca.png1S2434bd.png1S22b181.png1Sb77b40.png1Sfa68d7.png1Sab1af5.png1S4d43d8.png1S210e1f.png

(I have since decided to no longer post any events I was participating in for various reasons involving these four words: Super. Smash. Brothers. Ultimate. :()

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

You are not falling anybody with account #9,001 but are you actually going to stick with it or is DetectivePrinny or something else already in the works?

5 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Anyways, since I can't participate in any community events,

And why is that I wonder?

TLG8hUC.gif

I am not going to give a long ugly reply to you, Shana, explaining or defending my actions. I admit that I have been a bad boy.

As such, I am not upset because I was banned from the community forum and can't post there anymore. I enjoyed posting in the events but now that I made some enemies there, I realize that maybe it would be best not to be seen in the community forum anymore.

In truth, I am not going to be posting too often in these forums, just to update this thread and maybe talk about games in the respective forums or talk about other things in other forums. Being 45 I realized that life is too short to be wasting on trying to earn 238 platinums. I don't want to be like this Hakoom character who wasted ten years of his life playing the crappiest games in the universe just to get 1000 platinums. He must have started at the age of eight and is now 48 years old, I bet. I am surprised he has a kid or a wife considering how long he spent on those crappy games. I just wanted 100 platinums but hitting 70 on my old account is probably the best I'll do, and even then I feel dirty doing it because many of the games I played weren't well-liked by this community.

I have updated my opening post to show you what my rules for earning platinums are.

8 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Being 45 I realized that life is too short to be wasting on trying to earn 238 platinums.

I'm sure you already earned that amount of plats, when you consider all your accounts. ;)

And even if you say that you finally learned your lesson, I honestly don't think that you can stick to it. I don't know which account of yours this is (must be your 8th at least?) but it seems like you always started out the same way. Promising things you can't stick too, just to abandon your account and everything that was tied to it about 2 to 3 months later. I also don't get why you always try to tell others which games you will plat in the future. Maybe just shut your mouth and do it for once?

But just keep in mind that this won't help to turn people's relation towards you for the better. Most people don't look down on you because you play easy games but I have the feeling that it's more because of your lack of social skills. From what I remember the most you always whine about your small problems and it doesn't even come to your mind that others also have problems, But you don't see them whining all the time because most know that it's best to keep such things in private or talk about those with (good) friends and not randomdude49329 on the internet. Not to forget that you always seem to attend or host events just to abandon them a few weeks later.

Just one small advise:
Maybe do it like some others if want to change your account (yet again): Keep the old account for posting on the forums and just put your new account in the signature. At least this would help to reduce the guessing whether that new random account is CJ#2093949 or if it's really a new person.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

You probably haven't been banned from the community forum, but there is a new rule in place that you need to have a post count of 25 before you can post in there.  It's to prevent people trolling giveaways etc.

Oh okay, I didn't realize that. I guess I might have been partly responsible for that with all of the threads I created there. xD

But to be honest, I never intended to troll the forums. I was just a little over myself and should have known better. I promise I will try to be a better forum poster here.

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

And even if you say that you finally learned your lesson, I honestly don't think that you can stick to it. I don't know which account of yours this is (must be your 8th at least?) but it seems like you always started out the same way. Promising things you can't stick too, just to abandon your account and everything that was tied to it about 2 to 3 months later.

I understand why I got so much flak. Yes, I do have a bad habit of starting something and then giving up halfway through and "let's start over!" Just ask the 238+ Sims I created when I was playing The Sims 2/3/4 after I deleted them from my gallery. :P

I can't promise I won't break this habit, because nobody believes I will. I mean, it's easy for an alcoholic to say he can quit but he always lies and lies and makes excuses and then he's back to killing old ladies with their trucks because they were wasted. Having seen so many drunk driving PSA I know how terrible it is. :( To truly be cured of drug abuse, you need a support group to make sure you don't try to wiggle out of your promises. I was hoping this forum would be a good support group, but no amount of community is gonna help for jack beans if you don't agree to keep your end of the bargain and I never did so I can see why people don't trust me.

Keep the old account for posting on the forums and just put your new account in the signature.

Well, I guess that could help a bit.

Maybe just shut your mouth and do it for once?

20-comical-show-me-the-money-memes.png?r

Yeah, okay. I guess I should be playing the games instead of talking about them. xD

Would you mind if I make an observation?

I feel like initially with your accounts, it seemed that you were starting over because of a difficult game.  Now it seems like you have been starting over due to a love/hate relationship with trophies.  There are other people on here who have started over (myself included), and there are a handful of people who have repeatedly started on new accounts similar to yourself, so you're not alone in that respect and I'm sure you are aware of the cyclical nature of it.

Do you feel more inclined to stay with an account if you receive positive feedback from the community?

I ask this because you seemed to get a lot of positive reinforcement with your CJ_Mystery account and personally, I think that account is your best one yet.  You do tend to put yourself down a bit when it comes to harder games, however you completed Birth by Sleep (something I'm too daunted to even start) and got an awesome speed run time on Disgaea 5...those things are nothing to be scoffed at.

Ultimately, you're going to do what makes you happiest, but I don't believe starting over has been achieving that for you.  I'm not trying to put you down at all here, just trying to come to an understanding and maybe see if there is a way where you could stick with one account, be part of this wonderful community and be happy.

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Ultimately, you're going to do what makes you happiest, but I don't believe starting over has been achieving that for you.  I'm not trying to put you down at all here, just trying to come to an understanding and maybe see if there is a way where you could stick with one account, be part of this wonderful community and be happy.

Thanks, Mesopithecus. I appreciate the feedback. I think I am at fault myself for generating the negative feedback because I caused a lot of people to get mad at me. I owe the speed run of Disgaea 5 to an actual speedrunner called Green Z-Saber, who is so enamored of Disgaea 5 that he even did a platinum speedrun of the game. I like going to videos of people speedrunning the game to get all of the trophies and seeing how they do it. ^_^ Also, I love the Kingdom Hearts series and Birth by Sleep isn't too hard to complete on Critical for me because of the ability to create the right setup before you get too far into the story. Don't get me wrong, I have died a few times on Aqua's story(namely the final boss) but I don't let it get me down. I really want to platinum as many Kingdom Hearts games as possible before Kingdom Hearts III comes out in January.

In the end, I have decided that I want to play the games I want and do them slowly, maybe taking a couple hours each day to play them, and maybe throwing in a random short game to fill in the gaps. I will still hold my disdain towards Nubla, My Name Is Mayo, and Little Adventures on the Prairies and won't touch them ever again, but I might forgive Artifex Mundi for a few games. ;)

2 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Thanks, Mesopithecus. I appreciate the feedback. I think I am at fault myself for generating the negative feedback because I caused a lot of people to get mad at me. I owe the speed run of Disgaea 5 to an actual speedrunner called Green Z-Saber, who is so enamored of Disgaea 5 that he even did a platinum speedrun of the game. I like going to videos of people speedrunning the game to get all of the trophies and seeing how they do it. ^_^ Also, I love the Kingdom Hearts series and Birth by Sleep isn't too hard to complete on Critical for me because of the ability to create the right setup before you get too far into the story. Don't get me wrong, I have died a few times on Aqua's story(namely the final boss) but I don't let it get me down. I really want to platinum as many Kingdom Hearts games as possible before Kingdom Hearts III comes out in January.

In the end, I have decided that I want to play the games I want and do them slowly, maybe taking a couple hours each day to play them, and maybe throwing in a random short game to fill in the gaps. I will still hold my disdain towards Nubla, My Name Is Mayo, and Little Adventures on the Prairies and won't touch them ever again, but I might forgive Artifex Mundi for a few games. ;)

I've found that watching some of the speed runners really helps for some strategies.  I watched a lot of Bizkit047 and bl00dybizkitz for KH2 tips and it definitely helped me toward getting the platinum, I think Bizkit047 even has some videos of his platinum trophy runs for KH1.  I'm sure you have been watching some of the Summer Games Done Quick speedruns.  

Do you have any other hobbies and interests you mix in with gaming?  I know you mentioned before about wanting to write children's books but not sure if you ever pursued that.  I always find that if trophy hunting gets me down, doing one of my other hobbies helps - I enjoy drawing and painting, although I'm not particularly great at it, it's nice to have a creative outlet.

I think the key here is to not be so hard on yourself and think more positively.  It's nice to have goals, but the most important thing is to have fun (and yes, even the Artifex Mundi games can be fun)  It's a good strategy to have to mix in shorter games in between longer ones, helps prevent that burnout from grinding JRPGs.

Just got the platinum for LEGO The Hobbit.

I plan to finish my current LEGO games and then start work on meatier games. I do have Dragon Quest Builders and A Hat In Time on my list so I could work on those. I plan on platinuming Dragon Quest Builders, both Dragon Quest Heroes games, and then, when it comes out, Dragon Quest XI. :)

One thing is for certain, I will be slowing down and cutting out LEGO games from my future platinums. The problem is that while the minifigures are cute, the whole thing devolves to the same formula:

How to Platinum a LEGO Game:

1. Complete Story Mode *usually 15-25 levels* (5 hours)
  2. Complete Free Play and use new characters to get all of the minikits or other collectibles *same number of levels, only played with any characters you want* (4 hours since you can save and exit after you get the last collectible in each level)
  3. Get all of the collectibles, quests and whatnot in the hub worlds (25+ hours)
  4. Do any miscellaneous trophies (1 hour)

Total Time to platinum: 35 hours or more, if you are unlucky and do not follow a video guide

Another reason I am not platinuming LEGO Harry Potter's Legacy Collection - that is 48 levels, four 'years' for each game with six levels in each!!!!! Combine that with the constant crashes you may get and some bugged areas that deny you access if you don't them JUST right and you are tearing your hear out in frustration. Once I had to REDO THE ENTIRE STORY MODE because I accidentally locked myself out of a room and couldn't go back to get a collectible I missed there. ?

Even if the game doesn't crash(which usually happens with a LEGO game, even the digital downloads you get from the PSN store!) or glitch out, the games get boring after you do them ten times. Their replay value is very low. Maybe I might make a new account, but the LEGO games will no longer be welcome on it. Right now, I am just content with getting these four LEGO games I have done and never touch another. I know LEGO is coming out with new games but I won't play LEGO The Incredibles(because I didn't care about the movie - if The Incredibles show up in Kingdom Hearts[because it's a Pixar property], I wouldn't mind, but not LEGO) or the new LEGO DC Super Villains game. And forget LEGO Dimensions! I did platinum the game a couple of times but I want to 100% it, and that's impossible because I am not going to spend my money on every story, level and fun pack that they put out.

Edited by DragonQuest238

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the whole thread. You certainly got yourself quite the reputation.

I don't completely understand what you did to deserve all that hate, but good luck with what you are doing now!

I like that your list is realistic. I've seen too many of these backlog lists with 300 games per consoles, which of course include myriad of shitty games.

1 minute ago, AndresLionheart said:

I just read the whole thread. You certainly got yourself quite the reputation.

Yeah, don't I know it! xD But some of that is self-deserved. Therefore I am going to go through all of my old libraries, plat the games I did enjoy playing, and then delete those old accounts in a sacrifical offering to Sony in order to clean up my act. I'm getting sick and tired of playing the same games over and over again just for impossible perfection.

3 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

I like that your list is realistic. I've seen too many of these backlog lists with 300 games per consoles, which of course include myriad of shitty games.

Ah, the Hakoom syndrome. Yeah, I know. As I said, I have decided to be real with myself. I have a whole list of things I'd love to do before I die but chances are I'll never get them done, so why should I waste my life trying to get 1000 unique platinums? I started playing PS4 only a few years ago and didn't take trophy hunting seriously when it was started on the PS3.

Oh, and I do have a bunch of shitty games but I don't intend to play all of them, just the ones that I like. Yes, you can expect stuff like My Name Is Mayo but you won't find too much of that here, only the ones I downloaded. I disliked Mr. Massagy immediately because I am not fond of dating simulators - to me, that's saying that are playing the field and I am not that kind of guy even if the 'sex' at the end is getting a massage, that's way too intimate to my tastes. (Also, one of the characters you date in Mr. Massagy is the mayo jar from My Name Is Mayo.)

Finally updated up to Platinum #20. I was trying to make Trine 3: Artifacts of Power my 21st tonight but the save glitched and I couldn't complete one of the levels. As a speedrunner would say, "this has never happened before." I had to delete the game and saves and have to redo them all over again. :(

Just updated up to Platinum #22. Doing games to clear them off of my mind so I can delete the accounts they are on and never have to look at them again.

However, I did purchase Fe and Eventide 3. The latter is for the PSNP Spelling Bee that is going to be started on Monday and Fe, well, I just felt like it would be a better title to play through right at this time than FreezeME. :P