DragonQuest238's Platinum Cat Shrine: My Platinum Trophy List

Update on the Dragon Questapalooza...

nimzodead.png

Dragon Quest V done and dusted. I did use a few cheat codes but I wanted to get through the game quickly. One of the codes drained enemies of all their maigc power so they couldn't use spells. That doesn't affect breath attack, though, so I still had to heal a lot. I used a Healslime and Slime Knight in the beginning but later got a King Cureslime for the Omniheal. Other monsters I recruited were a Rotten Apple, a Minidemon, a Moosifer, a Golem(put him in the wagon, never used him), one of those weird mage guys, a Kandar clone, and a hellion. (Actually, the hellion which attacked me in a forced encounter!)

Heading off to the Realms of Revelation next. Just four more main games to go before I begin playing Dragon Quest XI. ;)

Update to Dragon Questapalooza...

mortamordead.png

Morty's dead, and Dragon Quest VI is now clear. That leaves only the three Eden games: Dragon Quest XI for DS and VII / VIII for 3DS. I plan on doing IX first because it is the last game I can put game cheat codes in. VII and VIII will be cheat-free but will take the longest time due to having to grind and pray for RNG to be nice to me. In this game I put in a lot of codes... and found that they stuck. I am going to be very conservative about putting codes in for IX out of fear that I can't disable them. :(

Don't worry, trophy hunters, I did miss two days of trophy earning but I am going to be back in the saddle by tomorrow. I do have my 70th platinum to come.

L5aaef8.png70

Finally got this little gem out of the backlog. It took a few days but I got the last trophy a few minutes ago. I thought the Baron Garayan and Bandit weapon would take forever but luck was on my side. ;)

My next major milestone is coming up, the big Seven-Five. I have a few ideas which game could inhabit that spot but right now I need to fill up 71-74. This is the second account to hit 70 platinums and I intend to take it to 100 to show how committed I am towards keeping this account. :)

• Like 2

Doing tons of Philuzzles today and not playing any other games: I had to go to the gym, then grocery shop, then go to get my teeth filled(four cavities and my dad is going to threaten to cut off my bank account in order to make me go cold turkey with the soda or make it so my teeth all rot out, he was a Mad Dad and I couldn't handle that) and NOW I have to go help him and Mom fix up some stupid Byzantine church. I could refuse, but he gave me $10 last time so maybe he'll give me $10 more and I can cut my Disgaea 1 Complete purchase down to $20!

Needless to say, I also have Birthdays the Beginning in my PS4(rental so I have to send it back soon) so I have to focus on platinuming that. It's not that hard to platinum, it's just total RNG because of the whole evolution thing. I did get the Perfect Star trophy for getting all five challenges in a scenario so that's out of the water, thankfully.

Today is a horrible day to be a gamer. :(

I gave up soda around two years ago, previously I was drinking between 5-8 cans of coca-cola per day (probably even more than that if I really counted)  I was very cranky for a few days, but once that feeling passed I felt great.  Your teeth and health will thank you in the long term, along with your bank account.  Thankfully I got off pretty lightly with the dentist, only needed fillings for a couple of cavities, but the bank account benefited most. 

I'd recommend not trading off the soda for fruit juice either, as that contains just as much sugar, if not more.  

Good luck with Birthdays the Beginning, I had heard the platinum for this was a few hundred hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

along with your bank account.

I'm only buying Dr. Pepper One - 2 liter bottles at my local HEB cost only $1.66. That is probably why I don't give it up, because it's so cheap. :(

I'd recommend not trading off the soda for fruit juice either, as that contains just as much sugar, if not more.

So what do you drink? Water? How can you stand drinking nothing but H2O 24/7? Do you sneak cookies in to calm your sweet tooth? Sorry, I wish I could make a wish to have a perfect body that never needs to be maintained. Sorry again, I should never pour my hatred over you, you are only trying to help out. :(

I am just going to try to platinum Fill-A-Pix as quickly as I can.

Good luck with Birthdays the Beginning, I had heard the platinum for this was a few hundred hours.

*returns it to GameFly, rip 100%* :|

Okay, just kidding, but I am probably regretting putting that game on my Q right now, considering that I will be so busy playing Disgaea 1 Complete tomorrow when I pick up next afternoon at my local GameStop. (Just my luck they won't have it until midnight. *angry*) Do the challenges require you to complete the story mode because I might just try to get the miscellaneous trophies from Free Play and then return the game and re-rent it next year when I have more time and have platinumed all of those other games I need to plat. :(

Right now I am trying to get as many Philuzzles as possible done.

Edited by DragonQuest238

What I did is allow exactly one can of pop a day, but that's mostly because I needed the caffeine. Flavored water is suppose to be healthier for you? (according to my mom, who tried to make me switch completely to that as a kid because I have genetically cavity-prone teeth as well) That could be a decent compromise.

You should also ask your dentist about a prescription toothpaste. The brand I get is about $15 dollars but the tube lasts ages and it has more fluoride in it the over-the-counter stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

You should also ask your dentist about a prescription toothpaste. The brand I get is about $15 dollars but the tube lasts ages and it has more fluoride in it the over-the-counter stuff. 

My dentist already gave me a flouride toothpaste and is now making me sleep with flouride soaks. Hopefully that helps. Anyways, I'm pretty much done talking about my teeth, I just wanna talk about games now. :|

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

So what do you drink? Water? How can you stand drinking nothing but H2O 24/7? Do you sneak cookies in to calm your sweet tooth? Sorry, I wish I could make a wish to have a perfect body that never needs to be maintained. Sorry again, I should never pour my hatred over you, you are only trying to help out. :(

Pretty much, I'll tend to sometimes make my own flavored water - either with lemon or strawberries.  I'm definitely more of a savory person, give me a bag of chips or popcorn any day :giggle:  I love fresh fruit and baking, so those things tend to deal with any sweet cravings I ever have.  My husband is the one with the sweet tooth, so he gets cookies :D

Apart from the length of the game, what do you think of Birthdays the Beginning?  It's been on my watch list for a while as it looks like something I might enjoy, but I didn't want to pay too much for it in case it was a bust.

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Pretty much, I'll tend to sometimes make my own flavored water - either with lemon or strawberries.  I'm definitely more of a savory person, give me a bag of chips or popcorn any day :giggle:  I love fresh fruit and baking, so those things tend to deal with any sweet cravings I ever have.  My husband is the one with the sweet tooth, so he gets cookies :D

Apart from the length of the game, what do you think of Birthdays the Beginning?  It's been on my watch list for a while as it looks like something I might enjoy, but I didn't want to pay too much for it in case it was a bust.

I heard it's $39.99, and so far I haven't done much. My first playthrough I got to Scenario 3, failed to spawn the required creature, then I restarted to get the Perfect Star trophy on Scenario 1. I think the challenges are the biggest obstacle but there are guides for getting them cleared.

Welp, looks like Birthdays the Beginning is going to be Birthdays the ENDING for me and the first game I am unsure will ever be finished. I am six trophies away from the platinum, but they will take a month of real life to get. To @Mesopithecus, I apologize for my brushing your comment off, yes, this game does take decades of your life away from you and I'll get to that. First, the three easy trophies:

• I have to capture info on that primitive dragonfly. I could have gotten it, I have the spider in my Free Play world I've created, but the problem is I can't find the flipin spider because there are too many life forms and trees. I'll be lucky if I can find my own feet in that stupid place! :(
  • I have to capture info on Smilodon Rex. I could probably do this by redoing Challenge 10, completing it but instead of capturing Tyrannosaurus Rex, I'll use a Seed of Mutation on him to spawn Smilodon Rex and capture that for the trophy. However...
  • I'll need to capture him normally anyways because I still am only at 248/297 species. I have to redo Free Mode so I have a huge world and start over from scratch. (Yes, I could transfer what I have so far over to the new world but I'm worried that some of my species I need will go extinct. Better to start over.)

Now the three hard ones. The process is not hard, but the problem is you have to AFK for a long time to get the trophies. You have to rack up the Cube Years until you get 50 mil, 1 bil, and 10 billion Cube Years. Even after I finished my Free Mode, I only had 8 million, and a billion is 1000x. After AFK for 12 hours I only got 14 million years on my last free mode. Now that was with the normal speed-up of time, the one which heals you. The faster one, which drains you, goes by a tad faster, and I know that you have to get Super Photographer(aka fill out the library completely) to make it so you never lose HP on anything, even speeding up time. But even with that ability, you still have to AFK, and I heard that it takes 660 hours of REAL TIME to get 10 billion Cube Years even on super-speed. That's 25 days of nothing but 24/7 AFK without entering rest mode because that stops the time speed up as you're kicked to rest mode. Yep, you have to spend an entire month of your life racking up those cube years.

It's POWGI all over again, but at least with POWGI and Phil's Epic Adventure, you did something. Tying up my PS4 for 25 days of nothing but AFK means I can't use it to play other games I need to platinum. So I am sending this game right back to GameFly and will have to buy the game itself since I am sure GameFly has its limits of patience waiting for you to return the game. ?

I may get the platinum, but with my dissident brain, the chances are high that I may just throw my hands in the air and give up on this platinum.

But...

On 10/7/2018 at 1:32 AM, Cassylvania said:

I hope you're not just going to make another account.

I keep my word fair and true. I'm not going to create another account even though this game means RIP 100% Trophy Completion forever. (1) That would mean a lot of stupid work having to create another blank e-mail account when I have ten already and having to play all those games I hated like My Name Is Mayo AGAIN and (2) I want to get to at least 100 platinums. So if this game is the first of the Dark Horses of the Apocalypse for me, then so be it. That doesn't mean I am not going to give up yet, but I am putting it on the backlog for now since I want to return the disc of the game to GameFly so I keep in their good graces... and get back to the important stuff like the events I am participating in. ;) When the time comes, I'll try to buy this game on the PSN store. I heard it's only $20. Barring that, I can always re-rent the disc as long as I am on GameFly.

It's silly that the game requires so much idle time to finish, I really wish it was filled with content so that playing for 10 billion cube years was fun and not just a mindless grind.

Worst case scenario if you have to send it back to Gamefly; you could wait to see if there is a sale for it on PS Store and then you own it and can chip away at those years gradually instead of all at once.

You're doing awesome on this profile ^_^  Try not to let this one game get you down.  If you start a new profile I'll send Phil after you and make you do his puzzles forever and ever :P

24 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Worst case scenario if you have to send it back to Gamefly; you could wait to see if there is a sale for it on PS Store and then you own it and can chip away at those years gradually instead of all at once.

Yeah, that's my Plan A. ^_^

25 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

You're doing awesome on this profile ^_^  Try not to let this one game get you down.

If the game that was dragging the profile down was something I hate, I would be more depressed, but this game, created by the same guy who worked on the Harvest Moon series, is pretty decent. As I said, the only bad trophies are those three involving time; I am keeping my save file so I can pick up where I left off and I can spawn those two creatures I need since I need to spawn them anyways for Super Photographer.

I am not intimidated by Phil and his stupid puzzles. I've been threatened with MUCH worse if I don't fix my dental hygiene before I visit the dentist again three days before my birthday. :P

Finished off two more games, but I wouldn't count Jak 3 as a true platinum because I used the debug mode to cheat most of the trophies. The only trophies i earned legit were three collectible trophies. On the other hand, Candleman made me bite myself in rage(yes, I know it's not healthy but it's a hard habit to break) but I got through. If you have scotophobia, do NOT play this game. Also started off forma.8 but got pissed off at the part where the glowing pink ball of death chases you, made me remember why I was reluctant to add this game. :(

In other news, I have just finished book #10 in Sofie Kelly's Magical Cat Mysteries. These books are about a librarian and her two cats who have magical abilities. One can turn invisible and the other can phase through solid barriers. I highly recommend these books if you like cats with weird powers that help solve mysteries told in first person. If you want to hear the cat's point of view and don't mind Sin City, Midnight Louie is your cup of tea. Yes, I will recommend cat detective books as I've read almost all of them. I love cats. I love murder mysteries. It's PB&J. :P

Okay, so anyone who is following my thread knows I love Kingdom Hearts. Therefore, I am going to unveil a big plan to get ready for Kingdom Hearts III when it pops on January:

I have earned a total of 12 trophies in all of the Kingdom Hearts series, with the most being eight in Dream Drop Distance HD. What I plan to do, start Thanksgiving Day(after turkey and pumpkin pie) is to spend time every day trying to get half of the trophies in each game, including the unstarted Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories title. (Call it an excuse to trade in my copy of 1.5+2.5 for The Story So Far, aka the complete collection, which is supposedly shipping on the 30th of this month and has both 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 in one package.) This way I knock out all of the easy trophies, but I will go for the bad-ass ones after KH3 ships. (For the record, I have challenges the Data Org and managed to beat Data Zexion and Data Xaldin on beginner.)

Edited by DragonQuest238

9 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

You know you will get a stack of it at some point. Why deny it? 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Because unlike word searches, Sudoku is something I'd rather not do, thank you very much.

M6ba63f.png#76

A lot of people love this game but tell me that I am ruining my experience if I go to the end on Assist Mode. So I didn't use it.

For the first two chapters. Then I hit a death wall I could not surpass.

I tried.

Still, a pretty decent game. I can see why it's popular in gaming and speed-run circles. :)

Also, I wanted an excuse to not play any of my event games today. :P

• Like 1

I plan on rephrasing my thread and replacing the OP image soon. I am finished with Final Fantasy IV imagery and need to make the thread more Dragon Questy to hail in my upcoming marathon of Dragon Quest XI. (I know I haven't finished The Journey yet but I am probably going to start Dragon Quest XI after I finish IX since VII 3DS takes a long time since I can't cheat on it and I don't know if I want to play Dragon Quest VIII 3DS. :() Almost at #80 and all I can hint at is...

"You'll have a bad time." Or more likely, Phil will. :P

EDIT: #79 will be Lili Child of Geos. I finally started earning trophies in that game. The trophies come very slowly because many requiring collecting things. Thank goodness the game has an in-game tracker but not like I haven't dealt with that sort of stuff.

EDIT 2: REALLY need to get some work done of my Backlog Pyramid, I have two really easy games but I also have other stuff like LEGO LoTR for Vita. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238

Ma419a7.png#79

Well, unfortunately, I was the one who had a bad time. I had to do two partial runs, a Genocide route and then Pacifist because Undine the f'king Undying was true to her name and KILLED ME. MULTIPLE TIMES. That attack of hers where you have to deflect her spears is too fast for me. I also didn't realize you could just flee in the Pacifist Run... which was also Hell as many of the paths are blocked off in Pacifist and you have to fight a ton more enemies, including several encounters with Metaton. F'k Metaton. (Sorry for my French but that game is brutal no matter what you do. At least I did Genocide so I could just donate faster to the Dog Shrine than if you do Pacifist because sparing Papyrus forces you to do a stupid date battle with him.)

All in all, though, I see why people love this game. Unfortunately, something else is going to have to be my #80. I wanted this to be #80 as an epic encounter. (I named the character Phil but it didn't work out well as reseting the game to start over forces you to use the same name.) Oh well, c'est la vie.

• Like 1

Ma8d39d.png  #80

So this is my 80th platinum. Not that Lili: Child of Geos was a bad game, but I had honestly wished I had spent more time on this than Undertale because the trophies for getting 1000 flowers and smashing 1000 vases took too long to farm. I didn't even get these trophies until they were the last and I had defeated the Mayor of Geos. The only thing that made the farming bearable was poor Lili getting splattered with color-bird poop. xD

At least I am in the home stretch: Only 20 games to go before I enter triple digit territory. And a few of these last 20 games will be goofy-spooky games because Halloween is just around the corner. ^_^ Working on a couple of Gamefly Rentals, mostly Vita versions of various LEGO games, for the time being to recover from Undine the Undying.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Well, popped three EZ platinums, both versions of Super Destructonaut DX and Waking Violet. I had also started Alteric but deleted it after dying so many times on Stage 29. Stupid gravity mechanics... ?

I have to plat the games I rented so I can send them back and then start work on Wizard101... I mean something more meaty. I have two games I should have platted for the Backlog Pyramid aeons ago. :(

1La1fbfb.png1L824eaf.png

Finally completed my current GameFly rentals, and I want to mock LEGO Harry Potter. The Vita version of Years 5-7(based off of the 3DS version) shows how terrible the port is. The game had serious lag issues and I was worried I would have to do the Bellatrix duel again to get the trophy related to it. Avoid this game and pray that it gets buried in the pit the Atari 2600 E.T. game was buried in. ?

It's the week before Halloween, so I will be platting some spoopy games to celebrate.

Started work on Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix today. I am going to run a beginner mode file to get the 100% trophies and I have started a Critical Mode run a few months ago, still stuck on Day 4 of Roxas World after earning the Struggle Champion trophy. I earned four trophies tonight. My goal is to get 50% of the trophies (not 50% trophy completion) to boost my hype for Kingdom Hearts III in 2019.