DragonQuest238's Platinum Cat Shrine: My Platinum Trophy List

csotn007.jpg

Well, happy Halloween in advance to everyone prepping for the little monsters that will cry "trick or treat!" ?

Being a gamer, I wanted to celebrate... only I have an intense fear of horror games and the games I have with any sort of spookiness in them(Goosebumps and Grim Fandango) are boring and stupid and I really didn't want to touch them.

Then I found out that they ported the only Castlevania I ever beat to the PS4, Symphony of the Night. So I bought it on sale(for only $16 w/o tax) and booted it up and I love it. Of course, the problem is that I have to play the other game in Castlevania Requiem, Rondo of Blood, to earn the platinum, and I hate regular Vania games. :( Still, it's a great game for those who are upset by other PS4 Vania games like Lords of Shadow, especially since they used the voices and dialogue from the superior PSP remake. (I remember playing the original on PS1 and man I love Alucard's voice here, it's more boyish than the deep bravado of the original PS1 actor.)

Speaking of scary things, I just got hooked to Pic-A-Pix Color and am grinding the puzzles to get the last trophies there. I swore I'd never touch another Lightwood Game again but at least there are solutions so I can get through the puzzles mostly painlessly. :P

Anyone want to post their comments about what sort of games(or things that aren't gaming) they are going to do for The Witching Day? Me, I have to get nervous because I have an unplanned doctor's appointment that morning but then I will try to work on some Sly Cooper while handing out treats for my parents. ;)

• Like 1

Well, okay, I guess I could be labelled a trophy slut now...

Mb65123.png #87 *sigh* :(

I only bought this because I needed something to amuse me while I was at the gym with my parents. If they called me this morning and invited me to work out with them I would have had a bit more time, but meh. I mean, the fact I used a game bug to skip all of the puzzles in Time Attack and Infinity for the trophies there was sort of an omen. Oh well, I have already decided my 90th platinum anyways so the more EezPeez games I plat the faster I get to my goal.

I do have a bunch of meaty games I plan on completing and I am going to slow down and start tackling my 100th game soon. The Quest is almost at an end. ;)

Edited by DragonQuest238

1L0b1f58.png"Mankind, bah! A cesspool of lies and filth! Fight for them and die for their sins!"

Man, Count Vlad has all the best dialogue. :P

1L7b8f3c.png

"What about me, the pick of the litter? Woof!"

Go join Dracula in Hell, you stupid mutt. ?

So happy Halloween, everyone! I've finally hit 90 platinums at last. So now I have to be extra careful about the last nine games I complete before my big 1-0-0 landmark so I don't feel cheap about it.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Two new announcements as we enter November. Well three: I am participating in the current Kill Your Completion event with plans to add five new games to my backlog which I have wanted to work on but have found excuses against.

First, I will be replacing my current thread banner with something a little more artistic. I am not an artist by any means but I want to do something a bit more interesting than a Final Fantasy IV character fighting video game characters in the classic style. I've basically gotten over Rydia by now. ;)

Second, I am going to try to work on every Kingdom Hearts game I own to get half of the trophies in each of the games before New Year's Day so I can have less regrets of not platinuming a title before Kingdom Hearts III. (I do intend to plat these games eventually... and one of them may be a landmark plat!) To keep myself honest, I have created an article on Playstationtrophies.org to record my progress. If anyone wants to send a feed back, feel free to. The more people support I get, the more I am obligated to keep my word! (Don't take this the wrong way, I am not threatening to quit if nobody sends feedback. xD)

Link to my special quest article, called "The Quest for Half Hearts": https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/reviews-articles-and-editorials/331108-quest-half-hearts-kingdom-hearts-journey.html?posted=1#post6305850

Well, with Halloween over and done with(and me indulging in leftover candy - luckily there wasn't a lot of it left, my parents convinced me not to donate my Halloween bowl because I might start tending to trickers at my place ^_^), it's time to purge our stomaches(:holy:) for the upcoming Thanksgiving feast. Me, I prefer to stay home and watch the parade on TV, but that's my own tradition. You gotta love the Pikachu float that comes by every year at Macy's Parade! :D

But that's a long ways away, so while we wait for the 4th Thursday of the month, let's focus on the new games that have and will come out... starting with the elephant in the room wearing a ten-gallon hat...

Western-Land.jpg

This is the image I am going to reply with every time someone dares to turn me into a Red Dead Head and platinum Red Dead Redemption 2 with the subtitle of "Closest Western theme in a game I'll play." I am so sorry, everyone, but while The Wild Wild West is one of my top five favorite historical themes, I am not really interested in traveling back to that time period virtually. People tend to forget how gross and dirty the cattle trail and gold trail in the late 19th century were, and I hope that RDR2 reminds them about how nasty that time was. I am not saying that this present day is any cleaner(my house is a literal dust bowl with floors that are covered with grime and smelly kitty litter xD) but at least we have toilets that flushed your sh**, while back then we had outhouses where your sh** had to be emptied out and stank to high heaven and attracted bluebottle flies. Trust me, those bluebottles are not harmless annoying house flies that crawl on your walls and stain your food. These flies BITE, and their bites HURT.

No thanks, I prefer to play games to escape from realism like that.

This is my personal own opinion on RDR2, I prefer not to play it even if it's got a great story about a gang of outlaws and their fall from grace. If you love the game, more power to you. Just don't tell me to play it. I've read all the praise on podcasts and seen gameplay of it on podcasts, I think it's a great spaghetti Western video game. But I just don't play games which mimic realistic historical periods. (This is another reason I avoided Assassin's Creed's timeline like the Black Plague.) I don't tell you to play Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest and while I am sad you are missing out on some amazing stories, I understand that your tastes are different from mine and agree to respect your tastes as long as you respect mine.

(gets off the soapbox)

Now, with that out of the way, I have some  games I plan to play this month.

M670d38.pngMc4c900.png

Mcbf769.pngMbef4b5.pngMf0b4d1.png

First off, I'll be dipping into these five titles for the Kill Your Completion event this month. The last one is the only KH game I haven't earned trophies in yet, Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories, which introduces the smarmy red-haired Axel and his crazy catchphrase. Get it memorized. :P

Next up, my next GameFly rental. I put my second game as Super Mario Party, not only to slow my rental platinums down a bit so I can get stuff done, but also because I don't wanna pay $60 for a game that has really weak single-player because it's a multiplayer game in its heart and soul. I loved the original MP games and want to play Mario Party with some new characters... like Rosalina! ^_^

M2bf5d8.pngMe8ef6a.pngM17920a.pngM1e4922.pngM2dc221.pngM4ff887.png

And, of corse, I have a ton of backlog I need to drag through to get to my biggest landmark yet, Platinum 100. Only ten games away, folks!  Wish me luck!

That's it for today. Have a great month and don't be stampeded when Black Friday rolls around. xD

Edited by DragonQuest238

Lceb742.png#91

I have been busy with meatier games but I have decided to see with Spyro Reignited going to absorb my soul and three games that are going to be easy plats in my favorite purple dragon, I wanted to see if I could get to #96 before Christmas. So I got this for $5.99 (PS+ special) and got the plat. It looks like an mockery of Minecraft and is a parody of microtransactions and bad game development. Getting the final trophy required me save-scumming until the loot boxes dropped the required items, so I can see where they are coming from. xD

Well, I have changed my plans for Platinum #100 after seeing a game being raced by three people who did the platinum% speedrun for it...

20-tumblr_mr12mfYsqs1r7xtyno1_1280.jpg

Yep, my 100th platinum is planned to be Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. While it breaks my tradition of being a Dragon Quest fan, Level-5 is my second fandom (as you can tell by the Dark Cloud platinum I have on my list) and this was a work of art by Studio Ghibli, the anime guys who made some really freaky anime. This will be the second PS3 platinum I have, since the game is exclusive. The above art is not mine, it is a fan art on this page, which has a video Let's Play of the game. Yes, I know that the trophy for getting all tasks completed will be a grind due to one crafting quest, but I have platinumed this game twice and will do it again and even make it a major milestone to show that I am not afraid of working on a long RPG. :)

In fact, I started earning trophies on the game again.

• Like 1

I have to leave the house soon so I can't give a detailed report, but I am up to 95 platinums, having snagged the A Hat In Time platinum just last night. I loved that game but the trophies were insane. Also, for some reason getting the last Time Piece for 40 time pieces didn't unlock the last trophy - I had to go back into a level and recollect a Time Piece to trigger the final trophy. I guess giving that Time Piece to Mustache Girl at the end really punished me. xD

I'm going to try to get Ratchet and Clank at #96, then buy the Spyro Reignited trilogy and try to earn all of those platinums to get the last three platinums before #100. Wish me luck! ^_^

Wasn't expecting this creepy guy to be on my 300th trophy, but it's a fitting testament to the brutality of Spyro's adventures. :P

So yeah, I completed the main story of Spyro the Dragon remastered after picking up the Reignited Trilogy, and did Toys for Bob knock it out of the park! It's still, tit for tat, the same story as the original PS1 game, but much prettier. The music is also upgraded and the mechanics are spot-on and reminded me why I hated Tree Tops so much. xD

I am going to try Spyro 2 when the sun rises but I am trying to save these games for the Twelve Days of Platmas event by @SpaceCoresDad

L3c80ff.png #97

So yeah, finally got one of these games in before the triple-digit begins. :)

Even though this is the last game of the trilogy and the original was not as badly graphic-wise as the other two(IMHO original Ripto was cooler because he looked like the illegimate son of one of those lizard-dinos you had to save cavemen from in Skelos Badlands xD), I still enjoy the improvements:

• They actually gave dialogue to the prisoners in each Sorceress cutscene before each boss.
  • I guess the companions were cool. IMHO Sheila's makeover was far better than the original - I didn't even realize they wanted Sheila to be a girl because she looked like a normal hairless kangaroo in the original Spyro 3. :D Bentley's original model was pretty cool, though I won't say remade he looks like an actual hairy yeti and his levels were far better in Reignited. Agent 9 now is insane - you can see how better graphics do make a character's actions more interesting!
  • Elora got more screen time in the ending but I'll talk about her if I platinum Ripto's Rage.
  • Gameplay wise, Agent 9's levels were easier to get through, though I did die in the DOOM level in Fireworks Factory. At least you get a 1-HP last stand so you don't die in four hits. (That could probably be because I had gotten Sparx's fifth hit point before then.)
  • The Sparx levels were much easier to get through and more fun.
  • They remained faithful to the difficulty level of the game. I rage-quit temporarily when the cat wizards in Charmed Ridge kicked my @$$.
  • Bianca... meh, she's pretty cool I guess. The Sorceress is really evil now.

Unfortunately, I am not going to 100% this game because of the damn skateboarding race in Lost Fleet. I have had enough of that in Rilgar, thankx. ?

I might do the other gmes in the Trilogy for #98 and #99 like I had planned or maybe not. I am running through LEGO Jurassic World on Vita and GameFly is shipping Tearaway to me again and while I hate the "do not lose your stamp" trophies and having to scour every level for missed confetti, at least it is not as bad as Tearaway Unfolded with the Misplaced Gopher missions. We'll see.

Very busy on the 100th game, though, Ni no Kuni. I have 171 tamed familiars(just tamed a Papa Sasquatch so I saved on some Stardrops) and 81 unique items alchemized, so those are doing well. Just have six more buffed up boss rematch rifts, have to steal four more of each special item for that war god's axe so I can get all of the remaining stamp cards for one more merit award, and then... Solosseum Master. :(

image.jpg

Phew, finally axed my second backlog account, MidnightCJ. I had thought about earning some cheap platinums from that account but I decided against it in all seriousness. The only games that I thought about playing were Goosebumps the Game and Grim Fandango Remastered. I also had two PS+ freebies(Tales from the Borderlands and Life is Strange) but I do not really care about playing games which give you everything easily just by letting the story play itself. If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a DVD, not play a video game.

(Please don't take my opinion badly. I know a lot of people love games like that, I have seen tons of accounts with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us and while on that account, I do admit that those games I had gotten as PS+ freebies were tolerable but I am not really into them.)

So I just got 100% on Doodle Devil and then deleted MidnightCJ from my PS4 forever. That's my third 100% non-platinum. The first two were cutscene cinemas for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5: I rented the PS3 remixes and played through 358/2 Days and re:coded to get all of those trophies. The reason was that since I had all of the other games on my account, I might as well have every game on the account but the 1.5+2.5 Remix removed the trophies from those two titles. (I did have to go through the cinema on my PS4, because you have to have a 100% save on 358/2 Days on your PS4 to unlock several cards on re:Chain of Memories and get the 100% card trophy.

"We did it, guys." - Professor Palmer, a professional speed-runner after getting his platinum

DragonQuest238.png

5:40 AM of November 21, 2018: A moment that shall go down in infamy. My 100th platinum trophy...

2018-11-21-054016.jpg
L43cfa5.png
:platinum:100 :platinum:

Right here, boys. ^_^

This is the third time I have gotten this platinum but I made it my 100th platinum instead of Dragon Quest XI for two reasons: (1) I got a bit lazy and realized it would take months to get Dragon Quest XI platted at the rate I was enjoying it and (2) A few Youtubers did a 36-long marathon to fulfill a promise to do a "100% run" of this game if the donation total hit a certain period during the any% run of this game, and it got met. I decided to "join the race" in a way and finally got this game out of the incomplete septic tank. :D

This is a really great RPG but the Pokemonesque-like familiar system really didn't help its cause. Even so, the anime cutscenes provided by Studio Ghibli(the guys who created My Neighbor Totoro and the English-localized Spirited Away movie) were beautiful and helping repair people's hearts by replenishing virtues lost when their hearts were damaged really made me feel good inside. And the voice acting is awesome. Drippy is a really funny character and while Lofty in Ni no Kuni II is even more hilarious, I think nothing can replace the Dripster.

1L9b10ff.png

Kudos to you, sir. ;)

Now I can take a break to play The Sims 4, practice my moves for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate... or just make sure my cat doesn't tear up the kitchen. But first, I need to go to sleep, I have been up all night.

• Like 3

L189f11.png #104

Why am I hyping this instead of the last two games I platted? Well, LEGO Jurassic World and Devious Dungeon were the Vita versions so they didn't have going for them. I am never going to grind out 65 million studs on that stupid Indominus Rex scene again, so help me Heaven. :|

Yes, this game is actually one of the 98% of all people play it category, but I think it doesn't deserve the hate that games like Mr. Massagy and Nubla get. It is based on a real story, it is very artistic, and I think it would help people who just got a PS4 and wonder about trophy hunting ease into it because none of the trophies are hard. Oh, and a pelican dies, so it's a bit poignant too. ^_^

Maybe now I can get off of my a$$ and start cleaning up some stuff I have in my backlog.

I love Kinda Funny Games. Their podcasts are what keep me sane while grinding out 999 Prinnies or whatnot in my platinum journeys. However, they dun Goofed, and I mean that literally...

They did a live stream on their Twitch channel where Amazon.com, one of the biggest online wholesalers, offered "exclusive Kingdom Hearts 3 content" to anyone who pre-ordered from them. What they show off?

The short version of the Together trailer from Kingdom Hearts 3 that Square-Enix showed off mid-November and the exclusive DLC was just the Keyblade skin that was being promoted in Japanese 7-11 convenience stores!

The reaction?

giphy.gif

Yeaaaaaaah, needless to say, Amazon.com is going to lose half of its backers, who were also hardcore KH fans wanting a new trailer and new DLC. Expect lots of people to cancel their accounts and boycott Amazon.com and demand to the Internet Gods to strike it down. :(

To be fair, I think that Amazon.com doesn't know who they are targeting. They thought they were targeting people who had never played Kingdom Hearts in their life. I mean, they should have just downplayed the DLC and said "Hey, the US will get this special keyblade outfit for free which was only in Japan if they pre-order from us."

Dusk until Dawn? Yeah right, more like Dusk to the End of Amazon. ?

I am certainly glad I only know about GameStop even if they did a lot of sh** to their customers. At least they didn't outright LIE about "big exclusive content to this AAA game, which is what we got from Square-Enix!" No, they stole it from a nearby film theatre because that was the theater version that plays before the movie.

Sorry I had to get this off of my chest, but a lot of people on Youtube are giving a big stink because they helped the hype. It's like that one scene in one book I read where the main character who works in a library threw a big gala event to promote their charity, and then someone dies from an allergy attack just before the big plea for money comes, and they have to give back all of the ticket money and cancel their charity. And I can't find a good thread to post this as there is no Kingdom Hearts 3 game thread yet.

La18a87.png

So I finally completed this monster. My least favorite of the LEGO Marvel games, though I owe it to the ghost of Stan Lee (RIP) that I at least show some effort. The flying controls in this game were wonky, I missed a couple of gold bricks and had to go back for them, and free play was boring. I'll be willing to give LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 a shot if I decide to but not until 2019. My next LEGO project will probably be DC Super Villians.

Well, rip 90%. I finally hit my first unobtainable platinum...

Alteric.

This stupid Super Meat Boy clone finally whipped my A$$ on the third set of stages. Third stage ended my run - it's impossible to get to the third switch without landing in f'king spikes. And when I saw someone do it and realized that the stage is f'king HUGE which means more stupid deaths, I felt my age. I am turned 46 in a few days and my hands and sanity cannot handle the f'king precise jumping you have to make to get those jumps. So RIP Alteric and my first platinum. :(

I hope this is the only game I will never platinum during my natural life. In fact, I really hated the game. I intend to platinum the rest of the games on my backlog and then stick to games I enjoy playing like RPGs. In fact, I hid Burly Men at Sea because I noped out before I earned a trophy. It was really boring and not really in my style of play.

Here are some games I know I can platinum but seem impossible:

• Mc78d5d.png The only reason I stopped was because this was a GameFly rental. I will probably pool cash for this.
  • M9c4589.png I just have to get the 100% speedrun and do some no-damage boss runs.
  • M1b9896.png I have to get all of the remaining branches and then AFK for two weeks without turning off my PS4. *sigh*
  • M148c75.png I do love this game, but getting high scores of all the arcade and Kartos challenges is insane and evil. :(

L478346.png  #107

Okay, so I stacked another platinum(this is for the Vita version), but this is a really cool 16-bit game. It's a less dark version of Earthbound involving a New Zealand setting. I've never been to New Zealand so this game is really cool. Collecting the feathers here is far less frustrating than collecting the feathers in Assassin's Creed II. xD

Anyways, I am going to probably slow down my PS4 gaming since I have other obligations. I know I am being a broken record player but with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate coming out, Nintendo has the ring in my nose right now. Also, I turn 46 in two days. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238

11 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Nice work with all your platinum trophies, never heard of Reverie, but it osunds like something I might enjoy.

It's a Legend of Zelda type game using graphics that looked straight out of Earthbound involving you saving an island from restless spirits. ^_^ Here is the trailer they put out in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I have now reached 110 platinum trophies. However, I am going to be taking a hiatus from trophy hunting for various reason. If any news about my evil twin pops up on other trophy tracking sites like (URL not allowed), ignore them. I plan on getting a lot of games over the holidays when my holiday money. :P

New account? :hmm:

• Like 2