The Sadness that is Resistance

VelikyNovgorod4

The Resistance series is one of my all time favorite game trilogies and it's sad to see the state that the series is in. Would anyone else want to see a sequel to Resistance 3? Or at least a remaster of the games (especially for Fall of Man cause those graphics are to dated)? Insomniac did say that if someone else wanted to pick up the series they could and i'm sure that Resistance still has a lot of sequel material.

• Like 2

No, no more remasters. 

I wouldn't mind a sequel as anyone who knows me knows I am a huge Insomniac fan...but I liked how the game ended so I am content never seeing another one as well.

After Spider Man I would be interested to see what Insomniac takes on next and if they wanted to make a completely new FPS I would be down for that as well. 

• Like 2

Aye, I agree. A new FPS would be the better option, technically this Spider-Man is new to us and It's a Spider-Man done in such a way that's never been done before or done so like this. It's not really comparable to the other Spider-Man games.

It feels like it's doing something right. I agree with the other statement too, no more Remasters. If 1/3rd of your library is re-released content, you don't have exclusives, you have exclusives from eight years ago that you're milking.

I recommend Sony and Insomniac come together to either God of War the series (Reboot it to all holy hell) and reboot Disruptor so they can basically have an in-house Sony owned Quake/Doom clone. It would also be in Sony's best interest to take Resistance more seriously as it moved units.

would love to play the first game which I haven't, in case of its graphics I believe even back then when it's first released its graphics is kinda look outdated maybe unless you back then just came from the ps2 and the very first ps3 game you ever saw was fallen of men you might find the graphics was ahead of its time.

haven't played the first game but Resistance 3 will remain still my favorite in the series.

TBH I was expecting infamous 1, 2 and festivals of blood alone side resistance 1, 2 and 3 to be remastered for the ps4, surprised it's still never happen, only the ps3 uncharted trilogy got a remastered treatment.

I liked the first 2 games, but the third one felt too different and wrapped things up suddenly. For me, it feels like Insomniac didn't think things through and just rushed things to provide an ending.

Spoilers for the trilogy:

Spoiler

The second game had some interesting things going on with the Chimera fleet converging at the Chicxulub crater. Supposedly, the Chimera were here before and then left millions of years ago. Interestingly, the Chicxulub crater is also the place where supposedly the giant meteor crashed that lead to the dinosaurs becoming extinct. Deadalus then raised a giant Chimera tower at exactly the same location. Coincidence? Then there are pure Chimera that are mentioned, but never make a real appearance (unless you count the fossils in the tubes) and they want Earth back for reasons unknown. Their reasons for leaving is never explained.

The third game then drops all of that and never mentions it, except at the start where blowing up the fleet in the second game was somehow the real plan (which is a BS explanation) and at end where there's a wormhole that links to the pure Chimera's homeworld. But that's it, no explanation again. Capelli destroying the wormhole machine somehow ends the war, as the Chimera now can't survive when Earth's temperature returns to normal, which makes me wonder how they did survive in the first 2 games, as the temperature was normal for the majority of Resistance 1 and the entire time in Resistance 2.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I liked the first 2 games, but the third one felt too different and wrapped things up suddenly. For me, it feels like Insomniac didn't think things through and just rushed things to provide an ending.

Spoilers for the trilogy:

Hide contents

The second game had some interesting things going on with the Chimera fleet converging at the Chicxulub crater. Supposedly, the Chimera were here before and then left millions of years ago. Interestingly, the Chicxulub crater is also the place where supposedly the giant meteor crashed that lead to the dinosaurs becoming extinct. Deadalus then raised a giant Chimera tower at exactly the same location. Coincidence? Then there are pure Chimera that are mentioned, but never make a real appearance (unless you count the fossils in the tubes) and they want Earth back for reasons unknown. Their reasons for leaving is never explained.

The third game then drops all of that and never mentions it, except at the start where blowing up the fleet in the second game was somehow the real plan (which is a BS explanation) and at end where there's a wormhole that links to the pure Chimera's homeworld. But that's it, no explanation again. Capelli destroying the wormhole machine somehow ends the war, as the Chimera now can't survive when Earth's temperature returns to normal, which makes me wonder how they did survive in the first 2 games, as the temperature was normal for the majority of Resistance 1 and the entire time in Resistance 2.

They survived because remember the Chimera have ventilation systems built in them otherwise they would overheat and the whole invasion began in Russia in the first place. It is also mentioned that the Chimera were at war with another species that was beating them which would be perfect for a sequel. Also as far as I know the Chimera left originally because of this other alien species all the Chimera did was leave behind forces underground that would re emerge later. Also for that sequel idea no we don't just simply start off by fighting this new threat but it could have started off with another Chimeran invasion in force however the humans are ready for them. But this invasion was started outta desperation for a new world because of the alien threat I mentioned earlier which eventually comes to destroy both Chimera and Humans. As for Pure Chimera it's been to long since I played the trilogy to remember everything going on with them but I bet they could easily be addressed in the sequel idea I mentioned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

They survived because remember the Chimera have ventilation systems built in them otherwise they would overheat and the whole invasion began in Russia in the first place.

That's exactly my point about how BS it was that the war ended at the end of R3 with that machine destroyed and the temperature returning to normal. With the logic Insomniac presented, the invasion couldn't have happened in the first place.

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

No, no more remasters. 

I wouldn't mind a sequel as anyone who knows me knows I am a huge Insomniac fan...but I liked how the game ended so I am content never seeing another one as well.

After Spider Man I would be interested to see what Insomniac takes on next and if they wanted to make a completely new FPS I would be down for that as well. 

Insomniac said that they weren't gonna do anything else with Resistance like I said so if a sequel was to happen a different studio would take it on. Resistance I think deserves a sequel though for how everyone just kinda dropped the game and it's not like ideas for a sequel end with the 3rd game

8 hours ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Aye, I agree. A new FPS would be the better option, technically this Spider-Man is new to us and It's a Spider-Man done in such a way that's never been done before or done so like this. It's not really comparable to the other Spider-Man games.

It feels like it's doing something right. I agree with the other statement too, no more Remasters. If 1/3rd of your library is re-released content, you don't have exclusives, you have exclusives from eight years ago that you're milking.

I recommend Sony and Insomniac come together to either God of War the series (Reboot it to all holy hell) and reboot Disruptor so they can basically have an in-house Sony owned Quake/Doom clone. It would also be in Sony's best interest to take Resistance more seriously as it moved units.

Also like I said Insomniac wouldn't make Resistance because they said they were done. However they left the series open to anyone else who wants to try and tackle a sequel and I believe that the series isn't short on ideas for one.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's exactly my point about how BS it was that the war ended at the end of R3 with that machine destroyed and the temperature returning to normal. With the logic Insomniac presented, the invasion couldn't have happened in the first place.

The war didn't end? There was still a lot of Chimera left on the planet it's just now Earth won't be terra formed and no new Chimera would be dropping in to say hi.

6 minutes ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

The war didn't end? There was still a lot of Chimera left on the planet it's just now Earth won't be terra formed and no new Chimera would be dropping in to say hi.

I thought it did with the Chimera not being able to survive anymore. I could be wrong though, it's been years since I played it.

I know Sony acquired the rights to the franchise years ago, and I've been expecting them to do something with it ever since then, but nothing's come of it. I would love a remaster of Resistance 2 along with it's co-op mode because I found the co-op in that game to be one of the best co-op experiences out there. I'd love to see a new entry in the franchise, but I feel like at this point, it would be better to create a remaster first to reinvigorate people's interest for the franchise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I know Sony acquired the rights to the franchise years ago, and I've been expecting them to do something with it ever since then, but nothing's come of it. I would love a remaster of Resistance 2 along with it's co-op mode because I found the co-op in that game to be one of the best co-op experiences out there. I'd love to see a new entry in the franchise, but I feel like at this point, it would be better to create a remaster first to reinvigorate people's interest for the franchise.

I could definitely get behind a remaster first but I wouldn't want it if nothing will come after it. Also god knows Fall of man really needs at least a mild graphics and textures update. However I don't think anything will happen until next gen by then though I hope a remaster of Resistance would be part of an amazing launch lineup for the Ps5.

2 hours ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

Insomniac said that they weren't gonna do anything else with Resistance like I said so if a sequel was to happen a different studio would take it on. Resistance I think deserves a sequel though for how everyone just kinda dropped the game and it's not like ideas for a sequel end with the 3rd game

Also like I said Insomniac wouldn't make Resistance because they said they were done. However they left the series open to anyone else who wants to try and tackle a sequel and I believe that the series isn't short on ideas for one.

Well we got Resistance Burning Skies and Resistance Retribution. They were done by different studios.

Like I said I am OK with there not being another resistance game. If anything I think it would be fun to do a Helghast vs Chimera game where one of the two invades the other planet :) 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:00 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I thought it did with the Chimera not being able to survive anymore. I could be wrong though, it's been years since I played it.

Maybe i'm in the wrong but from what I remember reading soon after beating it that the Chimera did still live on the planet in pockets of resistance. Ha resistance.