Hardcore & Insanity Made EASY!!! by Crazy-TrainZ28

dsoonm

1. Crazy-TrainZ28 (FORUM PLAYSTATION TROPHIES .  ORG )

"So here's what you do to get your 2 playthroughs, Hardcore & Insanity trophies the EASY way.

1. Make a save after you reach Saren the first time in the Citidel, before you go down to the final fight.

2. Complete the game.

3. Reload the save you made in step 1.

4. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity and save over your save from step 1. (remember to SAVE your settings before you exit the settings screen)

5. Start a new career and import your character that you just beat the game with.

6. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity while on the Normandy. (remember to save your settings before you exit the settings screen) 

7. When you are on Eden Prime make another separate save.

8. Reload your previous save from step 4 and beat the game."

Really works? 

Edited by dsoonm
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I already answered you on that site but again yes it does work (as evident by the numerous posts on that thread confirming so) and no it hasn't, and won't, get patched out now.

thanks!

That’s some interesting work around. I prolly wouldn’t have done it if I knew about it back when I played it since I needed 4 playthroughs for plat (first run was a blind one). And I never found any of the games to be hard (aside from 2-3 spots in ME2) on insanity difficulty.

• Like 1

eh, they were easy anyway. A max level Soldier/Vanguard with the right skill selections is practically invincible. IIRC the only way to actually die with the right setup is by explosive canisters so if you just don't stand near them when they explode... you can't die.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Going to give this a try to speed up the ally trophies.  Play through on casual, upgrade for final battle, exporting my character each time as to not be underleveled.

Edit: Confirmed.  Still working like ViperLance34 states below.

Edited by damcrac5

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah, what a relief it was to find that this sweet exploit never got patched out! Between the lengthy ally trophy playthroughs, seemingly endless ability use and weapon kill grinding, slower than molasses in January load times, and random crashing/bugs, this creaky old version of the game was already enough of a slog to platinum without having bullet sponge enemies to deal with.

Thankfully, the final boss is easy enough to defeat twice on the higher difficulties: just take cover behind the large pillar on the far side of the room with your team, and strafe out to whittle down his health whenever he's not firing those huge energy blasts at you. I did need to revive my companions a couple of times, but was never in any danger of dying myself.

I've heard that the game is inclined to freeze during or after the last fight, but this never happened to me, fortunately. Instead, it usually locked up when I was strolling around the Normandy, or traveling to another system. Obviously, making frequent saves is advisable.

• Like 1