Madden 25 Cover Features . . .Barry Sanders!

Bullstomp

http://www.gamespot.com/news/barry-sanders-named-madden-25-cover-athlete-6407557

Not sure how many football fans are on these boards, much less how many football fans on these boards are even familiar with Barry Sanders, but giving Barry Sanders the 25th anniversary cover of Madden over Adrian Peterson was, in my opinion, a no-brainer. As much as I like Adrian and watching him play, Barry was not only the consummate running back, he was the consummate pro-football player.

One of the most enduring memories was watching Barry on an up-the-middle hand-off against the Bears.Me and my friends thought it would be a 3 yard gain and he'd get stuffed. Not Barry. He spun, broke tackles, carried a defensive back who hung on his waist for dear life for 5 yards, broke past all 11 defenders AND scored the touchdown 70 yards later. Did I mention the Lions offensive line was crap at that time? He did it all himself, there were no holes to run through! (Unfortunately for Barry the Lions sucked for the whole time he was there. In fact, it could be argued he was the only reason they got ANY wins)

As surprising as that was, what happened next was even MORE baffling! We walked out of the endzone (no dancing), handed the referee the ball (didn't drop the ball or chuck it at him) and sat on the sideline bench. . .quietly. He was always a true class act.

Congratz Barry, I'm sorry you never got a SuperBowl ring but being on the cover of the 25th edition of the most popular American Football game is not too shabby! You deserve that and more:D

I am not American and I wouldnt call this sport Football but even I have heard of Barry Sanders. I suppose however that all of the current players are relieved that there is no curse of the Madden cover this year! :D

Handegg? Sounds more correct than football I suppose. :hmm:

Parker

• Like 1

• 3 years later...