New to Absolver

Trellgoth

So, I decided to give this game a shot and I'm impressed by the visuals and the playstyle.

Gameplay has a bit of a learning curve, and that's good imo. However, very early in the game I'm already lost on what to do/where to go.

This game brings up so many questions...

I mean, how do you obtain the currency to buy items? I have not found any yet.

Where the fuq do I go... I already encountered enemies who were able to beat me in, like, two hits. For real?

At another point I was beaten to death by, I think, another player? Is PvP in this game automatically activated? Can this be turned off, but still able to play with others?

At some point, I do like games where you have to figure things out for yourself. But for some reason, Absolver brings up too many questions and no answers.

Also, are there some beginner tips/tricks?

I created the character which has Strenght as main attribute. But thinking on rerolling for Dex character, instead.

Welcome to Absolver.

Currency can be obtained by scraping unused items. I'm not sure if there is any other way.

As for where to go there are NPCs that stand around and do not attack, walk up to them and talk to them.

The object of the story is to take out 3 bosses and 8 "marked ones". If you interact with any alter you can see a map of your progress.

A lot of the time you just explore. As for being attacked by other players unfortunately its going to happen. 1. because there is a trophy for it and 2. they think your a NPC.

I have accidentally attacked a player a few times for the second reason. If you use the L1 button you can use the dial to signal that you are a player.

as for fighting really start using block (L2) to learn some early attacks to help you out. And if you see one on the ground pick up a weapon.

Hope this helps 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeckert82 said:

Welcome to Absolver.

Currency can be obtained by scraping unused items. I'm not sure if there is any other way.

As for where to go there are NPCs that stand around and do not attack, walk up to them and talk to them.

The object of the story is to take out 3 bosses and 8 "marked ones". If you interact with any alter you can see a map of your progress.

A lot of the time you just explore. As for being attacked by other players unfortunately its going to happen. 1. because there is a trophy for it and 2. they think your a NPC.

I have accidentally attacked a player a few times for the second reason. If you use the L1 button you can use the dial to signal that you are a player.

as for fighting really start using block (L2) to learn some early attacks to help you out. And if you see one on the ground pick up a weapon.

Hope this helps 

Thanks for the reply. 

It will for sure help a bit. I will start a new character tonight and try to figure things out. 

Also have to learn deck 'reading' and how to create the best combos and all. 

This game is challenging, but I like the concept and style. 

Will definitely give this time to learn. 

Any beginner tips are, of course, welcome :)

16 hours ago, jeckert82 said:

I will probably be on at sometime tonight. If you see me on you can invite me to coop and ill help you out. Character name JesterX.

This helped me understand the combat deck

That video is actually really helpful. Though, yesterday, I started playing without seeing this vid and managed to defeat one of the bosses. Also tried one 1v1 match, and won (yay!).

I'm slowly getting the hang of this game, but have to figure out how to see actual stats on armor I have found. The only thing I can see now is de defense for blunt and cut and the weight of the pieces. But not if the armor is DEX based or for other stats.

Now that I've seen the video, I will for sure check out some more deck-building on my character (even though, I have not learned any new attacks yet).

Creating the deck, making it unpredictable for your opponent, looks quite fun in the video and there's a lot of variaty to it.

The moment I stopped playing last night, I still had the feeling I need better equipment (armor) to survive a bit longer. Even fighting the AI is quite difficult at some points.

But I'm getting there. Now that I have a better understanding of the game, it's getting more fun to keep playing. Especially now that I actually was able to do a PvP 1v1 match and was on the winning end of the match. Felt real good ^^

TrellGoth, maybe your strategy is a bit more focused on tanking and strength, but the common meta from what I've seen is speed and stamina. I still wear beginner armor and come out victorious in 1v1s the majority of the time since I'm more focused on avoiding and striking back quickly then tanking a few hits then striking back. Does make me a bit more vulnerable I suppose, I also recommend practicing your party! There aren't too many people that can do it consistently, and it's very effective in most scenarios. Be it player or npc.

17 hours ago, Bojuka76 said:

TrellGoth, maybe your strategy is a bit more focused on tanking and strength, but the common meta from what I've seen is speed and stamina. I still wear beginner armor and come out victorious in 1v1s the majority of the time since I'm more focused on avoiding and striking back quickly then tanking a few hits then striking back. Does make me a bit more vulnerable I suppose, I also recommend practicing your party! There aren't too many people that can do it consistently, and it's very effective in most scenarios. Be it player or npc.

Well, I do try to focus on dodging and maintain my speed. It's getting better, though.

The hardest thing for me is to try and read the deck my oponent is using (either player or non-player). But I am at the point where I understand my own deck more and more and am able to quickly eliminate my oponent without being hit myself.

The more I play and try things with my character, the more fun it gets.