List of Games With an Unobtainable Platinum/100%

TurtlePM

Breakdown: Following games has no warnings on trophy guides about these issues.

Game: Max The curse of the Brotherhood.   Tested on: PS3 European physical version

Trophy: Tree of life (Collect all amulet pieces) If you don't collect the pieces in order, there's a moment when the game stops tracking your progress.

Chapter select won't fix the problem. You need a new playthrough and collect all pieces in order.

Game: Cabela's Big game hunter: Pro hunts     Tested on: PS3 US physical version.

Game crashes a lot, corrupted save data very likely to happen.

Require constant back up (every hour or two) or you'll lose your progress. No trophies glitched.

4 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Breakdown: Following games has no warnings on trophy guides about these issues.

Game: Max The curse of the Brotherhood.   Tested on: PS3 European physical version

Trophy: Tree of life (Collect all amulet pieces) If you don't collect the pieces in order, there's a moment when the game stops tracking your progress.

Chapter select won't fix the problem. You need a new playthrough and collect all pieces in order.

Game: Cabela's Big game hunter: Pro hunts     Tested on: PS3 US physical version.

Game crashes a lot, corrupted save data very likely to happen.

Require constant back up (every hour or two) or you'll lose your progress. No trophies glitched.

Thank you for your help @GoldenShaka.

Apparently, those trophies seems Buggy, not glitched. I mean, you still can unlock them somehow, this is a list with trophies that, no matter what, you can't unlock them.

Epic Mickey 2 has a terrible trophy because of the autosave cant be disabled and most side quest are easily missable; but you can still unlock the trophy if you are careful enough. That's why it's not in this list. A lot of other games have this issue, it would be a HUGE list if included all Buggy trophies :D 

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Thank you for your help @GoldenShaka.

Apparently, those trophies seems Buggy, not glitched. I mean, you still can unlock them somehow, this is a list with trophies that, no matter what, you can't unlock them.

Epic Mickey 2 has a terrible trophy because of the autosave cant be disabled and most side quest are easily missable; but you can still unlock the trophy if you are careful enough. That's why it's not in this list. A lot of other games have this issue, it would be a HUGE list if included all Buggy trophies :D 

Oh ok, I thought you were including games with crash issues, that's why I labeled them with Breakdown.

Cabela's trophies are not affected at all, it's just the game that crashes constantly.

But if it's worth mentioning only if affect trophies (making them unobtainable) then These games don't qualify.

Thanks for clarifying that :)

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, EpicWafflezXV said:

Thank you :)

I did add them to the list... but them I thought: they are still obtainable if you have 4 controllers. LBP 1 and 2 have online trophies (sharing or playing community levels), they really need an online connection. Or am I missing any trophy in LBP3? :/

Edit: Yes, I did forget 3 trophies :D

13 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Oh ok, I thought you were including games with crash issues, that's why I labeled them with Breakdown.

Cabela's trophies are not affected at all, it's just the game that crashes constantly.

But if it's worth mentioning only if affect trophies (making them unobtainable) then These games don't qualify.

Thanks for clarifying that :)

No problem, I totally forgot to mentioned that on the first topic :) 

Edited by TurtlePM

14 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Thank you :)

I did add them to the list... but them I thought: they are still obtainable if you have 4 controllers. LBP 1 and 2 have online trophies (sharing or playing community levels), they really need an online connection. Or am I missing any trophy? :/

No problem, I totally forgot to mentioned that on the first topic :) 

LBP3 have online only trophies too like these 

14S42d551.png

Let's go on an adventure!
Play a Community Adventure

15S032b8c.png

Adventurous
Heart a Community Adventure

13S104d46.png

Curator
Create a playlist!

Well you still can platinum if have another region disc but for the JP disc region is impossible (that's what i did for LBP1 and LBP2)
and yeah they really need an online connection and this goes for LBP1 and LBP2 too, they have online only trophies.

Edited by EpicWafflezXV
  • Like 1

The King of Fighters XII (PS3):

The online servers have been shut down.

Warning: Just going into the online menu of the game will give you the first online trophy automatically but all the rest are unattainable.

Edited by soultaker655

6 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

The King of Fighters XII (PS3):

The online servers have been shut down.

Warning: Just going into the online menu of the game will give you the first online trophy automatically but all the rest are unattainable.

It’s already there as “King of Fighters XII, The”. I though it would be easier to find that way :( 

Bulletstorm isn't unobtainable anymore, it got fixed by someone who found a way to allow people to run their own DNS server which connects them to the online for it. It's been discussed a lot here: 

It's been allowed by this website, but I would recommend listing the game with a link to Gonespy, because you need that to get the online trophies. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeKeese said:

I can’t say for absolute certain but jetpack joyride may still be obtainable by purchasing the jetpack joyride ultimate bundle for $4 dollars on the store

It’s unobtainable in case you already played the first version of the game. It’s a digital version and it automatically updates to the Deluxe Version of the game (with online dailies). If you bought the first version (like myself) and you haven’t 100%, it’s impossible to do so, because it installs the Deluxe trophy list.

The same happens to SingStar and Kerbal Space Program players. You can buy those games now and work on a new trophy set, but older players can’t play through the old trophy list anymore.

None of these affects new players ;)

Edited by TurtlePM

I would like for the list to point out that National Geographic Challenge!'s platinum is not unobtainable, you just can't earn it with the physical EU version. While this is hinted at in the list, I would like to see it being more explicit, because the platinum for the EU trophy list is definitely still and always has been obtainable if you got the NA version, which shares the same trophy list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSVilleneuve said:

Project Cars if no more events are added is becoming unobtainable as well.

As of right now, there's enough events to get the :bronze: Community Ambassador trophy, but I'll be surprised if they add any more once those are done. I just happened to get that trophy earlier this week because I did them on and off for the last couple years.