List of Games With an Unobtainable Platinum/100%

TurtlePM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

FIFA 19 will be unobtainable after the 23th of March. You must get into a gamemode called the 'Weekend League' and EA posted this message saturday:

"Hi FIFA fans, we are re-opening the FUT Champions Weekend League one time only on March 20 at 7:00 am GMT. The event will run in its usual format and this will be the final chance to get any outstanding Weekend League related achievements."

This will make the trophy Making a Name For Yourself (and consequently the platinum) after March 23th unobtainable. I urge you to put this under urgent warnings because if people want to get into the Weekend League, they must reach 2000 pts required through playing Division Rivals. This is considered a grind: 50 games atleast x 15 minutes avg per game = 12,5 hours of playing. Anyone who wants to get this trophy/platinum will need to start playing right now!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2020 at 10:25 PM, HuntingFever said:

NBA 2K20 has just gone unPlatinumable, thanks to a certain virus: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-shutdown-is-causing-issues-for-nba-2k20/1100-6474742/

The NBA 2K20 platinum is still possible as far as I'm aware, this article just says that there's issues with the myleague mode, I dont believe any trophies are specific to that gamemode. Correct me if i've missed something though?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Destiny 2

As a way to keep the game lighter to make maintenance and patching easier, the Beyond Light expansion will remove a bunch of content from Destiny 2 and will "vault" them. Among the vaulted content, there is the Leviathan raid.

As such the two Leviathan-related trophies, and the Platinum Trophy, will be unachievable starting on September 22, 2020, if no action is taken by the devs to change these trophies.

Edited by Linkinito
  • Like 3

In addition to @Linkinito post about Destiny 2's Beyond light expansion. It'll affect several other trophies as well making the platinum either more difficult or unobtainable.

1.) "In a Flash" (complete a flashpoint on Io, Earth, Titan, or Nessus)

"The People's Hero (complete a heroic event),

Heart of Darkness "Complete a Nightfall strike",

Challenge Accepted "Complete 30 challenges",

Darkness Falls "Defeat a Forsaken Nightfall boss.

Bungie is vaulting several planets and introducing one new planet. After beyond light drops, the planets will be Nessus, Tangled shore and Dreaming City, Europa, Earth (EDZ and Cosmodrome), and the Moon.

2.) The exotic equipment trophies

Some of the Exotics will be harder to obtain when Beyond light drops, 

To name a few Izanagi's Burden, Legend of Acrius, and Ace of Spades will become harder to obtain. 

On 9/6/2020 at 10:57 AM, Linkinito said:

Destiny 2

As a way to keep the game lighter to make maintenance and patching easier, the Beyond Light expansion will remove a bunch of content from Destiny 2 and will "vault" them. Among the vaulted content, there is the Leviathan raid.

As such the two Leviathan-related trophies, and the Platinum Trophy, will be unachievable starting on September 22, 2020, if no action is taken by the devs to change these trophies.

¿It is advisable to start the game right now or is not recommended?

• 1 month later...

WWE 2K19 goes unpPatinumable in 5 days time because the Road to Glory and MyPLAYER towers are going offline :(. Dante's Inferno can no longer be 100%'ed because the Servers have closed without warning so the Trials DLC is now an unplayable piece of junk :( .

28 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Munchkin: Quacked Quest

Half the list is impossible because the game is broken and has missing assets.

Half is a bit of an exaggeration, because on the most complete profile I can find - only 6 trophies out of the 27 are unobtainable: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10006-munchkin-quacked-quest/Lindhojj

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

WWE 2K19 goes unpPatinumable in 5 days time because the Road to Glory and MyPLAYER towers are going offline :(. Dante's Inferno can no longer be 100%'ed because the Servers have closed without warning so the Trials DLC is now an unplayable piece of junk :( .

Half is a bit of an exaggeration, because on the most complete profile I can find - only 6 trophies out of the 27 are unobtainable: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10006-munchkin-quacked-quest/Lindhojj

A good chance they can lose a case as the disc cover mentions ea can't terminate online services without 30 days notice.