2500 Player Kills on NPCs

Waddlingdan

With Alpha 17 new NPCs including both friendly survivors and bandits have been added into the game, so I figured a good alternative to 2500 player kills for the trophy on PS4 would be the NPC kills instead due to the lack of PVP on the console versions of the game.

I’m on the Fun Pimps discord and will put in a request for this implementation so we have a funner trophy requirement which we can earn a lot more naturally than the 2500 kills currently requires for Alexander the Great, but instead include NPC kills as well.

I’ll post an update when I hear more! :D 

Edited by Waddlingdan

• 1 month later...

2500 player kills (even npc kills) is still quite out of whack with the game in general in my opinion. Admitted this isn't my last trophy to get, buy a zombie survival game that has a trophy for killing as many humans as zombies seems a bit odd. I can fully see the trophy for something like 100 player kills, but to put in perspective I'd say for the average person you would kill >100,000 zombies before you naturally killed 2500 players. Adding NPCs that you can kill sounds like a slight improvement, but at the same time I would imagine you still run across well over 10X zombies vs npcs if that.

The only way possible I see anyone ever doing this trophy is via a hard grind/boost. I would give props to anyone who engaged in this game and naturally killed 2500 players total. I would also maybe give the number to several mental health groups as that is an insane amount of time to play this game. I think when I grinded this trophy by auto killing via rubber bands and two playstations I estimated somewhere around 30 seconds/kill at the most efficient but since I would die eventually I could only get so many auto kills in a row. Even at 30 seconds a kill I had my PS running for >20 hours just auto swinging and auto rezzing. To kill 1 player I would estimate at least 5 minutes between kills on average which would be something like 200 hours and that's not including down time for finding people, etc.

I know developers do these things to get people to play the game more or in some cases think outside the box, but trophies like this that 99.99999999% of the player base would never get naturally based purely on time played seems like a bad idea.

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy is quite a grind but 30 seconds is a bit high unless of course your are using fists instead of a weapon or tool. While using an stone ax and checking my character every 20 minutes I was getting one kill in less than 20 seconds. You also have to have a nice amount of food and drinks saved up which I did to up my wellness at the same time. So you figure 5 a minute minimum is 50 every ten minutes which is 300 an hour plus some because of the spare ten seconds per minute. So it should take less than 9 hours to do this checking the console every 20 minutes while doing any normal house work or watching Youtube videos. Obviously I don't advise doing this a full 9 hours but a few hours after work for about a week and it'll be done in no time.