Would Sony redeem an expired DLC code for this game?

I'm currently at 306/320 and have hit a brick wall on progress. Having access to the extra 20 missions would significantly reduce the difficulty. If I purchased a new copy of the collector's edition that comes with a code for the DLC, which I would assume it is expired by now. Sony took care of this when I contacted them last time for the Killzone trilogy code, but would that work since the DLC for MvC3 is delisted?

It might. I bought a game code for a delisted game from Amazon and Sony helped me redeem it, but this was days after the game had been delisted. I would say keep trying, and eventually you'd probably find someone willing/able to do it. Just make sure you keep your receipt as they'll probably ask for that as proof.

17 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

It might. I bought a game code for a delisted game from Amazon and Sony helped me redeem it, but this was days after the game had been delisted. I would say keep trying, and eventually you'd probably find someone willing/able to do it. Just make sure you keep your receipt as they'll probably ask for that as proof.

I just don't wanna end up wasting $40 and not get the dlc. I'll never understand the idea of delisting dlc, just make it free why screw over everyone.

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I just don't wanna end up wasting $40 and not get the dlc. I'll never understand the idea of delisting dlc, just make it free why screw over everyone.

I think it might have something to do with Marvel's license with Capcom.

36 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

I think it might have something to do with Marvel's license with Capcom.

I can understand the licensing, but the devs should have realized this and made it free before it was pulled. If what I read is correct, the DLC is literally on the disc already, just need an unlock code.

Unfortunately I don't see any company doing anything to help you in regards to redeeming a non-working code. I wouldn't risk purchasing a copy that has the code in-case it won't work since you're an owner of the game already and it would be a useless copy for you to have if the code doesn't work. I think throughout all the years the DLC has been delisted, people would probably have mentioned any success they had with the code from the collector's edition if it worked. People really want that DLC especially for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 which requires you to do every mission on the game if you don't have any DLC. 

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Unfortunately I don't see any company doing anything to help you in regards to redeeming a non-working code. I wouldn't risk purchasing a copy that has the code in-case it won't work since you're an owner of the game already and it would be a useless copy for you to have if the code doesn't work. I think throughout all the years the DLC has been delisted, people would probably have mentioned any success they had with the code from the collector's edition if it worked. People really want that DLC especially for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 which requires you to do every mission on the game if you don't have any DLC. 

The ultimate version just sounds terrible after my struggles with this game lol. I guess I just need to keep pour time and hoping for the best.

9 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I can understand the licensing, but the devs should have realized this and made it free before it was pulled. If what I read is correct, the DLC is literally on the disc already, just need an unlock code.

They do realize it. But they don't care. It's a business, even if no money is made it's not going to be free. Haha. Sadly we don't live in a perfect non greedy world.

Just now, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

They do realize it. But they don't care. It's a business, even if no money is made it's not going to be free. Haha. Sadly we don't live in a perfect non greedy world.

I can see that argument, but at the same time, it makes them look bad, which could cost them much more down the line. It's not really greed at that point just laziness, but no use complaining about it now I guess.

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I can see that argument, but at the same time, it makes them look bad, which could cost them much more down the line. It's not really greed at that point just laziness, but no use complaining about it now I guess.

When you buy a copy of the game from ebay, or any non-official seller then they won't take any responsibility for your code not working because they can't confirm that you are telling the truth about having a brand new copy that didn't have a working code. Sony can likely sort it out for their own games, but there'd be a legal battle with Capcom/Disney about helping you redeem DLC for a dead game. If they sell this version of the game brand new and sealed on any of their own official websites, that'll be worth checking out and seeing if you can order it directly from them. 

28 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

What missions have you done?  You only have 14 more missions to go.

Made a little progress and got too 309/320

Ryu #10, Morrigan #9,10, Chris #8,9,10, Felicia #8,9,10, Chun-Li #9,10, Trish#8,9,10, Amaterasu#6,7,9,10, Viewtiful Joe#9,10, Tron#9,10, Wesker#9,10, Arthur#9,10, Zero#10, Crimson Viper#9,10, Akuma #8,9,10, Hsien-Ko#10

Wolverine#9, Iron Man#9,10, Cap. America#9, Deadpool#10, Dr. Doom#9, Thor#10, She-Hulk#9,10, Spider-Man#9,10, X-23#9,10, M.O.D.O.K#10, Magneto#9,10, Storm#10, Taskmaster#10

I can tell you (at least from my experience) that Sony doesn't give a damn about expired codes.

2 years ago I bought Resistance for the Vita. After opening the box I realised that the Code for the Network Pass expired just 1 week prior. So I contacted Sony's customer service and asked them if they would give me a new one because it was a Sony game and nowhere on the outside of the box was a hint that I just spend money on a product that I could not fully enjoy because I was locked out of MP.

Their response was more or less a polite "fuck off".

17 minutes ago, SG_Pfa said:

I can tell you (at least from my experience) that Sony doesn't give a damn about expired codes.

2 years ago I bought Resistance for the Vita. After opening the box I realised that the Code for the Network Pass expired just 1 week prior. So I contacted Sony's customer service and asked them if they would give me a new one because it was a Sony game and nowhere on the outside of the box was a hint that I just spend money on a product that I could not fully enjoy because I was locked out of MP.

In theory, in Europe at least, Sony would be obliged to honor all expired codes since they're required by law to print the expiration date OUTSIDE the package which, marvelously as usual, Sony doesn't. Sony is that wonderfully honest company that doesn't put information on this, languages, online play, etc outside. You have to most times open the shrinkwrap to find out anything. They cover themselves as unfortunately they drop this on the retailer because the european law is then stupid and there's only a "commercial contract" between you and the company who sold you the item, that is the manufacturer gets a clean sheet from all this mess.

However most EC countries have government boards to complain online of bad business practices where you can complain against the manufacturer, just find out their local VAT ID. Luckily SOny has local VAT IDs on most countries. Yes, they usually send the manufacturer the complain and they bill the manufacturer for this. So use this whenever possible and it's justifiable, they'll eventually learn. It's the only way they will, cost them money.

I think the US and Canada are out of luck with these options, but I could be wrong.

BTW I've used a lot of PSN expired codes, and a reasonable percentage do work even with years of expiration.

• Like 1

if haven't called i would still give it one try. worse case is wasted time and no help. but you could still stand to gain a chance at getting past your issue.

i'm facing a similar problem but with a lego dimensions figure (i'm likely going to have to call on monday to resolve it) if the next set has another broken figure.

Edited by kingdrake2

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You can also contact the company that gave you the DLC code.

The only way he'd get a copy of the game now is through independent sellers who kept their copy of the game sealed, so I don't think they'd be able to help with any codes that expired, but this is something @sepheroithisgod has to ask anyone who he wants to buy the game from about. It might already be a disclaimer that codes within the box have already expired. 

5 hours ago, SG_Pfa said:

If you bought the game pre-owned then the code would been used.

On 12.7.2018 at 5:45 AM, EternalChaos72 said:

If you bought the game pre-owned then the code would been used.

No, it was a sealed game straight from Amazon, but this also raises the question why you put an expiration date on stuff like this.

12 hours ago, SG_Pfa said:

No, it was a sealed game straight from Amazon, but this also raises the question why you put an expiration date on stuff like this.

I think everything is forced to have an expiration date, maybe it's due to security or licensing issues. This game in particular would have had a Disney license for the characters and the license expired which made it no longer possible for them to sell it on the store. A lot of codes now just have an expiration date in 2099 or something, so they can expire but technically won't ever expire.