Does the VIP pass included in new copies still work?

Checho-73

I had the opposite happen. I had a sealed copy sitting in my backlog for the longest time. Finally opened it this year only to find the VIP code doesn’t work when I enter it. Not sure what I’m doing different to you guys but it didn’t work for me

EDIT: For some reason the code worked for me after trying it again. I think it must have been fixed in the store. Can confirm sealed copy code works atm 

Edited by black__bunny

• 3 weeks later...

i bought a sealed copy a few months ago. according to the slip the code was expired in 31/03/2016 but i tried it anyway and it worked! so there is hope. I would imagine most sealed copies should still work. Just be careful as on ebay I noticed from feedback on a few sellers that are selling this game that they are resealing games to sell so just make sure the seller is trusted.

Edited by xKoriik
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, xKoriik said:

i bought a sealed copy a few months ago. according to the slip the code was expired in 31/03/2016 but i tried it anyway and it worked! so there is hope. I would imagine most sealed copies should still work. Just be careful as on ebay I noticed from feedback on a few sellers that are selling this game that they are resealing games to sell so just make sure the seller is trusted.

From what I've been told from a friend that works at Sony bend, their codes last 10 years after release before the code is no longer valid, regardless of expiration date on the paper

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

From what I've been told from a friend that works at Sony bend, their codes last 10 years after release before the code is no longer valid, regardless of expiration date on the paper

That would be awesome if it's true :) ... i didn't want to test it though, earlier this year i thought about buying LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition but hearing the dlc code expired at 1st Jan 2017 i cancelled the deal ?

9 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

That would be awesome if it's true :) ... i didn't want to test it though, earlier this year i thought about buying LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition but hearing the dlc code expired at 1st Jan 2017 i cancelled the deal 1f605.png

I've used codes years after the paper has expired so I think you'll be fine 

I have the digital copy with VIP pass, and I can get online with my digital copy, but cannot download the dlcs since they are delisted.  I have already logged most trophies (except challenges), completed all online trophies on main game, and I am ready to do the dlc stuff.  So I bought the complete edition disc (used) so I could use my VIP Pass I already have used with my digital copy.  After numerous tries, and deleting game data and all that, the digital VIP Pass that came free with PS+ does not work with my complete edition disc.  My only theory is that since I have "used" my VIP Pass with the digital version, I need another VIP Pass that's not used yet in order to work with the complete edition.  If anyone has gotten this to work please let me know the steps you performed, and I can test with mine.

So I will be in pursuit of a sealed copy.  Right now ebay only has normal version, not complete edition, for sale as a sealed copy with VIP Pass.  Will this work, or do I have to wait for a sealed copy of the completed edition ?

11 hours ago, smiegelfleegel said:

I have the digital copy with VIP pass, and I can get online with my digital copy, but cannot download the dlcs since they are delisted.  I have already logged most trophies (except challenges), completed all online trophies on main game, and I am ready to do the dlc stuff.  So I bought the complete edition disc (used) so I could use my VIP Pass I already have used with my digital copy.  After numerous tries, and deleting game data and all that, the digital VIP Pass that came free with PS+ does not work with my complete edition disc.  My only theory is that since I have "used" my VIP Pass with the digital version, I need another VIP Pass that's not used yet in order to work with the complete edition.  If anyone has gotten this to work please let me know the steps you performed, and I can test with mine.

So I will be in pursuit of a sealed copy.  Right now ebay only has normal version, not complete edition, for sale as a sealed copy with VIP Pass.  Will this work, or do I have to wait for a sealed copy of the completed edition ?

thats odd that it wouldnt work with your disk copy? I bought the complete edition (unsealed with code used) and then a sealed copy of the normal edition and that worked fine for me. hopefully it works for you.

Edited by xKoriik

My issue I found out yesterday was region issue.  I'm using complete edition USA version, but my digital version and VIP Pass are Australia, so I will purchase Australia complete edition disc, and I should be OK.  If not, having someone share their VIP PASS who is in USA is the other option.  Any takers ?

I couldn't use my pass from the Complete Edition either. It was a sealed game. However the game was a Plus offer on November 2016 and the pass was offered, but finding the VIP Pass is a pain as the name is completely dumb (how wonderful the store is for people who have lots of things in the transfer list...), and it doesn't even mention DIRT in the name or description so it will not be easy to find.

Some people reported at the time not having received the VIP pass.

The 10 year rule even if it's true it doesn't always apply. I have sealed games with expired codes that did not work, and second hand games I bought in which the codes would, both being expired. However there are more expired codes that work than the ones that don't.

Edited by cris3f

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who is still sceptical I tried a VIP code from a preowned Dirt 3 from Eb Games and she works fine.

Also if anyone on here who has 100%'d/plat the game and also has Dirt 3 'complete edition' can they un-install and re-install their game off the disc, I'm struggling to get it done because it crashes at 58%. I want to see if it's just me having problems.

25 minutes ago, Citizen_Pleb said:

Anyone who is still sceptical I tried a VIP code from a preowned Dirt 3 from Eb Games and she works fine.

Also if anyone on here who has 100%'d/plat the game and also has Dirt 3 'complete edition' can they un-install and re-install their game off the disc, I'm struggling to get it done because it crashes at 58%. I want to see if it's just me having problems.

Odd, maybe your disc is scratched or your blu-ray drive is dying? 

I remember having similar problems while installing Dirt Showdown. 

As for Dirt 3, I have digital and complete edition, but never run into problems when installing / uninstalling the game (I even run the Complete Edition disc on the ps3 with the digital game installed and had no problems at all). 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

On 8/25/2018 at 4:49 PM, Citizen_Pleb said:

Installed the complete edition on 2 PS3s and had no issues, I think the problem may be with your disc

• 5 months later...

Just a heads up for this. The Complete Edition works with the digital pass, even the one that was offered on PS Plus (finding it is tough, the filename is awfully vague). I used it. If you have the digital code, you can't use the printed one, it gives only stupid errors.

The complete Edition code still works, I used one last week, but it was marked as expiring 31/3/2016.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

i didn't want to test it though, earlier this year i thought about buying LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition but hearing the dlc code expired at 1st Jan 2017 i cancelled the deal 1f605.png

I used my code of LBP 2 Extras Edition in the middle of Feb 2017, it still worked. I also used another Oct or Nov 2018 still worked too.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18-4-2021 at 3:41 PM, thesahinonur said:

does it still work. i found a new dirt 3 complete edition , they said the code is unused. 

can i unlock the dlcs now with that 12 code in the box?

I'm a bit late, but the DLC comes pre-installed with the complete edition. No need to enter codes in the store, it's just plug and play.

9 minutes ago, Sten_dardo said:

I'm a bit late, but the DLC comes pre-installed with the complete edition. No need to enter codes in the store, it's just plug and play.

This.