Shining Resonance Refrain Misc Trophy Guides

In Spoiler tags will be Video Guides. Hopefully this will help. All the guides are done. If you have any questions please comment on the video YouTube page so I can quickly reply back. All my notifications are sent to my tablet and I can respond quickly. Thanks

How to Achieved a 99 hit Combo

Spoiler

First Date Guide

Spoiler

How to Unlock Quelled Dragon

Spoiler

How to Unlock Center Stage

Spoiler

Defeated a Rare Monster

Spoiler

How to Level up Fast (High Exp)

Spoiler

How to Level up Fast Part 2

Spoiler

How to Unlock All Character Endings

Spoiler

How to Unlock Wheel of Fortune

Spoiler

How to Unlock Requiem for the Enemy

Spoiler

Shining Resonance Refrain Trophy Guide 
https://gamingwithabyss.com/2018/07/10/shining-resonance-refrain-trophy-guide/

Edited by A_B_Y_S_S_1
Added more
  • Like 2

The article on N4G.com says that only a small number of trophies are available in original mode. It is worded a little strange so perhaps everything is available in refrain. It also mentions there is no story change between original vs refrain, if this is the case I imagine a second playthrough skipping scenes will be quite quick.

Edited by cjshaitan

Yeah sorry one article made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. So when I check the trophies list out, I notice some trophies in refrain mode. It's a bad habit when hunting for a platinum. I tend to shorten the time whenever it possible. It doesn't mean I'm speeding through the game. I'm going to do everything within the game just in Refrain mode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

The article on N4G.com says that only a small number of trophies are available in original mode. It is worded a little strange so perhaps everything is available in refrain. It also mentions there is no story change between original vs refrain, if this is the case I imagine a second playthrough skipping scenes will be quite quick.

From reading the trophy descriptions, it seems like at least three trophies are exclusive to Refrain Mode. Everything else looks like it can be obtained in either mode. I started with Original on Standard difficulty and will do a quick second Refrain playthrough on Casual skipping everything I've seen before. I imagine I could get from the beginning to where I am now in Opus 2 in like 10 minutes if I skipped all the scenes.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, chellesan said:

So if refrain is like the better mode with no story changes its better to play that then?

It's best to play the original mode first :P 

And then Refrain :P

11 hours ago, killivincent said:

That is a shame, most of people won't play the original game then.. :(

I guess so :( 

I'll be playing Refrain mode so I'll report if Platinum is achievable simply through it.

56 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

So what's the difference between these two modes then?

Original mode = Shining Resonance

Refrain mode = Adds previously DLC-locked characters (Excella-sama, Jenus) to party from the start, their Date and Night events are added, etc...  If I were to name it, it's NG+.

What mainly kinda bothers me is players having Excella-sama right from the start without knowing her prior. She's a fantastic character and deserves to be known through story so you start wishing she would join your party instead of just getting her immediately.

Another thing... I think it's not a spoiler if I say that you will be fighting Excella-sama in the game. If you play Refrain, you can actually use your own one against the enemy one. That's not really a good thing xD 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, the fact that you have Excella-sama and Jenus in party is enough of a difference :/

Especially with Excella-sama who is, you know... enemy.

I look forward to it, I am very much enjoying the game. I haven't even thought about touching the skip button ...... shocking I know.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

IMPASSIBURU O.o
Now if you could do the same with VNs :awesome: 

Enjoy the game. It's a phenomenal ride.

Baby steps, if only my Japanese was better. I have actually been enjoying Utawarerumono sans skip as well. Who knows perhaps you are right maybe there is something to these VNs ?

Edited by cjshaitan

33 minutes ago, sandra1957 said:

I have a question about endings trophies i know that to get them u need to do like date right so what else am i missing?

During dates, sometimes, your party members get an event which raises their overall affection and awards you with their Personality.

Waifus need Love Personality and males need House Personalities in order to have their ending available. 

Personalities are awarded for date events. 

Date events happen when you are successful in raising a character's affection through choosing correct responses in M.O.E.S. It's an actual date, you walk with your partner around the town and usually get CG.

On 4th date event, they get the Personality you need. 

Then, before the final fight, your partner characters will be standing in a circle. If they have a heart marker, it means they have their ending requirements cleared. You just talk with one such character (Kirika-sama best girl, Excella-sama close 2nd) and then after defeating the final boss, their ending kicks out.

41 minutes ago, sandra1957 said:

Also is there like consequnce like u date one person only to lower the other characters affinity or is there no consequences 

You don't really 'date' them per se (you need males as well, no dating there, okay?) so affection only affects one character. 

Choosing a correct option on Kirika-sama's MOES only raises her affection, does not decrease anyone else's. 

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if the terms are the same in the localized version, just look for a close term xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanzoadam said:

Any one know if the trophy for having everyone at the front of the band is looked in original mode because I’m playing original

I'm not sure what 'is looked' is supposed to be, but it's a trophy from the original game so I would presume Excella-sama and Jenus do not count.

Especially since it doesn't have 'Refrain' in the description.

On the other hand, trophy rarity does incline it could be Refrain-locked :hmm: 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Original mode = Shining Resonance

Refrain mode = Adds previously DLC-locked characters (Excella-sama, Jenus) to party from the start, their Date and Night events are added, etc...  If I were to name it, it's NG+.

What mainly kinda bothers me is players having Excella-sama right from the start without knowing her prior. She's a fantastic character and deserves to be known through story so you start wishing she would join your party instead of just getting her immediately.

Another thing... I think it's not a spoiler if I say that you will be fighting Excella-sama in the game. If you play Refrain, you can actually use your own one against the enemy one. That's not really a good thing xD 

Is it possible to not use Excella in your party? Like in the beginning can I be by myself until I find the normal non-DLC characters.

1 minute ago, TheVader66 said:

Is it possible to not use Excella in your party? Like in the beginning can I be by myself until I find the normal non-DLC characters.

Unless something changed, you can't have party members in reserve and free space in the main party.

And since you only get Kirika-sama and Sonia (excluding Yuma) in your party at the start, there will be a free space.

9 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Unless something changed, you can't have party members in reserve and free space in the main party.

And since you only get Kirika-sama and Sonia (excluding Yuma) in your party at the start, there will be a free space.

Shit, because I understand the distaste of gaining someone before you even met them. It was in one of Neptunia games (maybe it was Re;birth) you get a DLC Character a little too early before meeting them.