Shining Resonance Refrain Misc Trophy Guides

On 13/7/2018 at 9:16 AM, Hanzoadam said:

Any one know if the trophy for having everyone at the front of the band is looked in original mode because I’m playing original

I can confirm that :bronze: Follow The Leader! can be achieved in Original mode, I got mine yesterday. The only difference with refrain is that you need to wait until the post-game. Go to the Grimoire girl, watch the events Lone Swordsman and Noble Princess and you will have the remaining characters join your party. Put them at the center and the trophy is yours.

Now I'm working towards :bronze: The Tune Heard 'Round the World in original mode too, I hope I can get it in a few days. Any good recommendations to level up tunes fast? It seems that leveling at least one tuning for everyone to level 30 is gonna be the most time consuming task...

1 hour ago, Goikko said:

Now I'm working towards :bronze: The Tune Heard 'Round the World in original mode too, I hope I can get it in a few days. Any good recommendations to level up tunes fast? It seems that leveling at least one tuning for everyone to level 30 is gonna be the most time consuming task...

The actual fastest way is to use the items that raise levels (you get them from drops mainly), other than that, using it, mainly... forcing it :awesome: 

And why do you want to bring everyone's tunings to level 30? That's not required for anything.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

The actual fastest way is to use the items that raise levels (you get them from drops mainly), other than that, using it, mainly... forcing it :awesome: 

And why do you want to bring everyone's tunings to level 30? That's not required for anything.

I'll have to force them then. ?  I already used all the scores I had.

You unlock new Tunes for a character the first time you bring one tuning to level 30. So you need at least one max level tune for everyone.

Edited by Goikko

49 minutes ago, Goikko said:

You unlock new Tunes for a character the first time you bring one tuning to level 30. So you need at least one max level tune for everyone.

Hm... I don't suppose you really want to grind those, right? :awesome: 

Ehm, anyway. Vanilla version didn't have these requirements so I suppose these tunings are either DLC ones or completely new ones for Refrain.

It would be great if you could confirm whether the trophy requires those.

Requirements for the original trophy were tunings obtained from Fernando's requests and the post-game boss ones.

You only needed to bring one to the max for the additional trophy.

Have you obtained all of those? (9 for each character, 2 initial + 7 obtained)

Another thing is whether it needs Excella-sama and Jenus.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already got the trophy for defeating all enemies without the tuning trophy :/ So yea, the requirements were changed. Now the question is how.

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Hm... I don't suppose you really want to grind those, right? :awesome: 

Ehm, anyway. Vanilla version didn't have these requirements so I suppose these tunings are either DLC ones or completely new ones for Refrain.

It would be great if you could confirm whether the trophy requires those.

Requirements for the original trophy were tunings obtained from Fernando's requests and the post-game boss ones.

You only needed to bring one to the max for the additional trophy.

Have you obtained all of those? (9 for each character, 2 initial + 7 obtained)

Another thing is whether it needs Excella-sama and Jenus.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already got the trophy for defeating all enemies without the tuning trophy :/ So yea, the requirements were changed. Now the question is how.

I don't want to but... it's now the worst grind I have done. I still have nightmares with Fairy Fencer's money trophy. ?

For what I've seen the requirements for the tunings are:

1. One tuning for each character up to level 30 (I only have Sonia, Kirika and Yuma right now).

2. Complete all of Fernando's requests (in progress).

3. Beat the 7 post-game bosses (already got them).

4. As a Reward in Grimoire dungeon using 9 especific sigils (In progress I have 2/9).

Since I'm sure I'll finish 2 and then 4 before 1 (I hope I can do it this afternoon, I'll make a sacrifice to the RNG god), I think I can learn the true requirements. Also, since for :bronze: Follow The Leader! you need Excella and Jinas, I'm sure that for :bronze: The Tune Heard 'Round the World you will also need their tunings even in Original mode.

12 hours ago, Goikko said:

I don't want to but... it's now the worst grind I have done. I still have nightmares with Fairy Fencer's money trophy. 1f62d.png

For what I've seen the requirements for the tunings are:

1. One tuning for each character up to level 30 (I only have Sonia, Kirika and Yuma right now).

2. Complete all of Fernando's requests (in progress).

3. Beat the 7 post-game bosses (already got them).

4. As a Reward in Grimoire dungeon using 9 especific sigils (In progress I have 2/9).

Since I'm sure I'll finish 2 and then 4 before 1 (I hope I can do it this afternoon, I'll make a sacrifice to the RNG god), I think I can learn the true requirements. Also, since for :bronze: Follow The Leader! you need Excella and Jinas, I'm sure that for :bronze: The Tune Heard 'Round the World you will also need their tunings even in Original mode.

I found that for the characters I got at level 1 (Kirika, Yuma, Sonia), by the time they were level 30-35, they had their tuning raised to Level 30 (so long as you keep the same one). All my characters are Level 55-56 right now... I think by the time they were Level 50, all had their Level 30 tuning with minimal usage of the notes. It shouldn't be difficult if you're also trying to grind levels to 100... just don't switch up their tuning.

Sounds like it's going to be challenging since you have Excella and Jinas in your party late-- what level are they when they join post-game? (I restarted on Refrain after going partway through Chpt. 5).

You can also use the Egg Hunt method mentioned in the OP, but look for Tuning Eggs rather than Ex/Master Eggs. Tuning Eggs seem to give about 1 level each time.

11 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

They join on Original mode? 469875287992172545.png?v=1

Yes, post-game you can get them, but you can't trigger their endings in Original Mode.

Edited by eigen-space

6 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Sounds like it's going to be challenging since you have Excella and Jinas in your party late-- what level are they when they join post-game? (I restarted on Refrain after going partway through Chpt. 5).

They join your team at level 1.

And abount the tunings:

1. One tuning for each character up to level 30.

2. Complete all of Fernando's requests.

3. Beat the 7 post-game bosses.

4. As a Reward in Grimoire dungeon using 9 especific sigils.

Already finished 2, 3 and 4 and still no trophy. I have 10 tunes (9 with excella and Jinas) for the characters who doesn't have a level 30 tuning and 13 tunes with Sonia, Kirika and Yuma. So I guess everything is needed for the trophy. I level up a lot yesterday while obtaining the remaining tunes and doing the post-game events (some of them are really fun). I guess I'll try the Egg hunt method, or dash through the dungeons hoping that I get a score at the end.

I didn't use some characters much and for others I change their tunes... wrong move I guess. I have the tunes of Marion and Rinna around 25, Agnum 27, Lestin 22, Excella 20 and Jinas only at 12. I hope the trophy unlocks in Original mode too.

It's a bit of a letdown that they didn't thought of a New Game+ from Original to Refrain.

51 minutes ago, Goikko said:

One last post to confirm that you can get :bronze: The Tune Heard 'Round the World in Original Mode. Jinas and Excella have 12 tunings and the rest of the characters have 13.

Now a run in Refrain Mode and the platinum will be mine. B)

Damn, they really didn't need to change this requirement =D

Congrats ;)

Playing it blindly on Original mode because it should have been the only option until you played it once instead of refrain being available at the start for the Western release - Poor design here.
Trophy wise I am not worrying about anything till I pass the game, beyond this I am not sure how I want to attack the rest of the trophies I need (excluding refrain only trophies as that is a given)

12 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Playing it blindly on Original mode because it should have been the only option until you played it once instead of refrain being available at the start for the Western release - Poor design here.

Well, developers wanted to give Refrain mode from the start to the ones that already finished vanilla version.

But yea, it would be better if was unlockable rather than available from the start :/

• 10 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 5:56 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Original mode = Shining Resonance

Refrain mode = Adds previously DLC-locked characters (Excella-sama, Jenus) to party from the start, their Date and Night events are added, etc...  If I were to name it, it's NG+.

What mainly kinda bothers me is players having Excella-sama right from the start without knowing her prior. She's a fantastic character and deserves to be known through story so you start wishing she would join your party instead of just getting her immediately.

Another thing... I think it's not a spoiler if I say that you will be fighting Excella-sama in the game. If you play Refrain, you can actually use your own one against the enemy one. That's not really a good thing xD 

After finishing the game in original mode, and knowing now that the story in Refrain is absolutely the same I think it was a waste of time.

I cannot see how I was going to lose interest in knowing Excella just for having her in my party from the beginning.

Idk, but I'm that weird kind of gamer that let the game tells me its story, I'm not speculating after every second, trying to "spoil" myself constantly.

When she will turn to be a good guy?

When? When?

And btw, Jinas is also an enemy.

• 1 year later...