Need a little understanding about freestyle

DisturbedIsMe

I got the trophy for beating all songs in arcade mode, but quite a few of the songs like WhiteBlue, We're All gonna Die, WHY, Ya! Party!, etc.. are still locked out. Is there some kind of special thing you have to complete to unlock the songs?

holy crap. I am dumb I just found out there is a entire section dedicated to collections after 14 hours >.>

Edited by DisturbedIsMe

Yes, Collection shows what you have to do to unlock certain songs. But if you can't wait, you can go to Arcade Mode and hope that desired song appears on the list since you can play locked songs there. If the songs is not on the list, exit and try again. That way the I Will Rule This Game trophy can be earned very early. I will post in your thread so other players can see this info, but if you want, you can lock your own thread.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 9:32 PM, Katt said:

Yes, Collection shows what you have to do to unlock certain songs. But if you can't wait, you can go to Arcade Mode and hope that desired song appears on the list since you can play locked songs there. If the songs is not on the list, exit and try again. That way the I Will Rule This Game trophy can be earned very early. I will post in your thread so other players can see this info, but if you want, you can lock your own thread.

I actually did just that and got the trophy :)
also if I have a new question though.
I think that a Max Combo gives you a video for the song upon completion, but what is it that gives images? Ive got ton's of them, but haven't figured out whats triggering it.

4 hours ago, DisturbedIsMe said:

I actually did just that and got the trophy :)
also if I have a new question though.
I think that a Max Combo gives you a video for the song upon completion, but what is it that gives images? Ive got ton's of them, but haven't figured out whats triggering it.

Some images are unlocked after playing a song for the first time. Some are locked behind milestones. Some are locked as reward in Mission Mode. Some items are locked behind different conditions at the same time in which if you hit the any of the condition, the item unlocks. Keep playing, it's all I can say. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 2:09 PM, Katt said:

Some images are unlocked after playing a song for the first time. Some are locked behind milestones. Some are locked as reward in Mission Mode. Some items are locked behind different conditions at the same time in which if you hit the any of the condition, the item unlocks. Keep playing, it's all I can say. 

Thanks again for the info.
This is my first djmax game and its been pretty dang fun for the first 45 hours haha

I am looking at this Black Square trophy
"Do you want to try BLACK SQUARE?" [Cleared a 100 Pattern BLACK SQUARE song with MAX COMBO]
I thought a pattern was the chart for a song itself? Like 1 song = 1 pattern or does this trophy mean I have to beat 100 Black Square songs with max combo?

Edited by DisturbedIsMe

3 hours ago, DisturbedIsMe said:

I am looking at this Black Square trophy
"Do you want to try BLACK SQUARE?" [Cleared a 100 Pattern BLACK SQUARE song with MAX COMBO]
I thought a pattern was the chart for a song itself? Like 1 song = 1 pattern or does this trophy mean I have to beat 100 Black Square songs with max combo?

DJMAX broken english at its finest lol. A pattern is each difficulty for each song available. If a song on 4B has NORMAL, HARD and MAXIMUM, then that song has 3 patterns. If you combine those with another button mode you can stack more patterns, let's say the same song, but on 5B, this time that song has NORMAL and MAXIMUM only, then we have 5 patterns until now. The Black Square DLC has more than 200 patterns among all Button Modes. Plenty if you ask me.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:23 PM, Katt said:

DJMAX broken english at its finest lol. A pattern is each difficulty for each song available. If a song on 4B has NORMAL, HARD and MAXIMUM, then that song has 3 patterns. If you combine those with another button mode you can stack more patterns, let's say the same song, but on 5B, this time that song has NORMAL and MAXIMUM only, then we have 5 patterns until now. The Black Square DLC has more than 200 patterns among all Button Modes. Plenty if you ask me.

haha! thanks for the great explanation on that matter. I guess this finally gives me a reason to move up from 5B and  join those alien folk at 8B

• Like 1