What are your favourite single player experiences, this gen?

Deadly-Corvo

1. God of War- this game restored my love and hope for games

2. Uncharted 4- A game I bought on release but held off on due to disillusionment with gaming, wish I'd kept at it, but finally got around to it and it was incredible

3. Life is Strange- the last chapter was a bit wack but the game still provoked thought and emotion in me

4. Until Dawn- great horror game

5. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice- short, simple, superb

Still to play: The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin's Creed Origins, Nier Automata, Final Fantasy XV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, all look amazing

Edited by MeteorHawk
  • Like 1

Obviously I can only keep it to what I've played, but I can try to keep it to one game per series. If my special entry doesn't count, everything else goes up by 1 and I can't really say any of my other games would be #5 at the moment. (Unless I can use Rogue Galaxy and Wild Arms 3 :devil:)

1: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Lost Legacy was awesome, but I still gotta give it to Nathan.)

2: Metro 2033 Redux (special entry because while it wasn't on the PS3, it was on the XB360. I don't know if this game would count as this gen even if it is for Sony)

3: Assassin's Creed Origins (way...way better than Unity and Syndicate)

4: Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (I did like it a bit more than DDD even if there was a lot less to it.)

5: Rise of the Tomb Raider (until Shadow of the Tomb Raider comes out I'm sure. :awesome:)

• Like 1

There are an insane amount of games of this gen I still need to play, but from what I played I really recommend the following (in no particular order):

- NieR: Automata I'm pretty sure by now (or I hope) everyone knows about this game, but I still feel way more people should have played it, really amazing game!

- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice This game took me by surprise, I really didn't think I would like it as much, but I did, it's extremely short and well worth a go.

- Ratchet & Clank I was a massive fan of these games on the PS2 and it really was great to play a Ratchet & Clank game again.

- Shadow of the Colossus All I need to say: A MUST!

- Life is Strange I've played (and platinumed) this game 3 times by now, and it never gets old!

- What Remains of Edith Finch Ahhh what an amazing indie that really deserves everybody's time.

1 hour ago, Deadly-Corvo said:

Firstly, nice list of games. Persona looks really good. Might pick it up in the sale.

Secondly, if remasters count then I absolutely have to put a shout in for BioShock: The Collection... Pure brilliance imo.

Agreed. BioShock infinite is still my favorite FPS of all time! :)

In terms of ranking my experiences, here's my top 10 games:

1. Bloodborne - The game that made me buy a PS4 and did not disappoint in any way

2. The Last Guardian - A short but sweet adventure game that hit home my love for Ueda's works

3. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - A nostalgic thrill ride that took me back to the days I used to play the PS1 originals constantly

4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - The gameplay and attention to detail is just amazing

5. Persona 5 - Really great JRPG that made me stick to it for 200 hours

6. NieR: Automata - The writing and music really elevate this one, plus the addition of Platinum's combat

7. Dark Souls III - Not as good as Bloodborne but still great on it's own merits

8. Titanfall 2 - Very short but great campaign for FPS and mech fans

9. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - I remember playing through the Uncharted Trilogy in preparation for this one since I've never played them, made it even better for me (make sure you play it on the hardest difficulty for the best experience)

10. Doom - Very fast and brutal, it's just fun

I've only counted games that can be played on the PS4 for this list, and no indie games.

Edited by Crzy Minus

This is essentially a top 5 best games this gen list since I hardly play multiplayer anyway. :P I'm not going to include remasters for obvious reasons. Oh, and since Vita is apart of this gen, those games count too. ;)

1. Persona 5
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Bloodborne
  4. Virtue's Last Reward
  5. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • Like 1

Top 5? Only? Damn...

1) Ni-Oh

2) Samurai Warriors: Spirit Of Sanada

3) Horizen Zero Dawn

4) Dynasty Warriors 9

5) Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Honorable Mentions

Watch_Dogs

Samurai Warriors 4

Fallout 4

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Dragon Quest Heroes

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

:)

Edited by SyumiSan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Doesn't have to be top 5 only going by the OP. I think most are just keeping it around there otherwise each list would be very long lol.

Tell me about it. All games I play are amazing lol.

I noticed this community really kinda hates Koei-Tecmo and they make amazing games :)

Dynasty Warriors 9 is amazing. It's just...different and adds story to a game that is basically story driven. Ironic people do not play it lol

1. Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution
  2. Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution
  3. Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana
  4. Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III
  5. Tokyo Xanadu eX+
  6. Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the Third Evolution
  7. Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II
  8. Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution
  9. Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
  10. Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution

Of course this list might change after Sen no Kiseki IV.. :D

Mine would be:

God of War

Uncharted 4

Bloodborne

Shadow of Mordor

Dark Souls III

Arkham Knight

Axiom Verge

Still so many others that I have started, but yet to finish. Currently working through Fallout 4 again to finish it and play the DLC so that gets an honorable mention at least.

23 minutes ago, xKrAzY_8sx said:

Mine would be:

God of War

Uncharted 4

Bloodborne

Shadow of Mordor

Dark Souls III

Arkham Knight

Axiom Verge

Still so many others that I have started, but yet to finish. Currently working through Fallout 4 again to finish it and play the DLC so that gets an honorable mention at least.

Awesome list. I'm yet to play Fallout 4 but I spent many many hours on 3. I will Keep an eye out for if it goes on sale with all DLC

9 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Most fun I've had on my ps4 is crash bandicoot 1

My childhood right there. I've got the remaster on Xbox but I may pick it up and play it again on PlayStation as it's where crash should be played!

• Nioh - technically I did one DLC mission in co-op because I was way underlevelled but everything else was done solo.
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Tropico 5
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
  • Borderlands 2
  • Like 1