Gr4de_04

Games with no trophy trouble?

12 posts in this topic

I always find myself checking the trophy lists of games i'm playing time and time again and sometimes i just want to enjoy the games without having to worry about trophies. I try to do it but i end up falling back on the habit because I don't like having to replay a game because of some missable trophy or having to get back later for collectibles I could have easily picked up.

Are there any games you guys could recommend for PS4 that you can just play without having to worry the slightest bit about the trophy list and with little to no post game or miscellaneous related trophies?

Please don't suggest story 'games' (telltale, visual novel, etc.) but just actual games please.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

I always find myself checking the trophy lists of games i'm playing time and time again and sometimes i just want to enjoy the games without having to worry about trophies. I try to do it but i end up falling back on the habit because I don't like having to replay a game because of some missable trophy or having to get back later for collectibles I could have easily picked up.

Are there any games you guys could recommend for PS4 that you can just play without having to worry the slightest bit about the trophy list and with little to no post game or miscellaneous related trophies?

Please don't suggest story 'games' (telltale, visual novel, etc.) but just actual games please.

Black mirror is really fun game 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games I just had fun with and to hell with the trophy list:  Song of the Deep, King Oddball, SkyForce Anniversary, Steamworld Dig 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Velocity 2X. As long as you're perfecting each level before moving on, the only thing you'll have left to do after finishing the playthrough is collectibles, and there aren't many. Incredible game too.

 

Edit: Jak 2 and 3 as well, only thing left after story will be orb collecting, which can be exploited. Jak 1 is also a very simple plat if you're the type to collect everything in a collectathon platformer anyway.

Edited by madbuk
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy is a fun game, the trophies are very tough but due to that, I think it's become one of those millennial classics to play for nostalgic fun. 

 

Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Nier Automata (has a trophy shop, hence can be played without worrying about trophies) pop to mind.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Nier Automata (has a trophy shop, hence can be played without worrying about trophies) pop to mind.  

 

What the hell is a trophy shop? Not familiar with that.

Edited by gamesfourever
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

What the hell is a trophy shot? Not familiar with that.

It's exactly what it sounds like i.e. an in-game store that lets you buy the trophies so you don't have to meet the actual requirements to unlock them, just earn the requisite amounts of cash and the trophies are yours :).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy is a fun game, the trophies are very tough but due to that, I think it's become one of those millennial classics to play for nostalgic fun. 

 

Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Nier Automata (has a trophy shop, hence can be played without worrying about trophies) pop to mind.  

Rise is probably one of the worst games; while there isn’t any missable trophies I can rent you’ll be spending HOURS getting collectibles....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

It's exactly what it sounds like i.e. an in-game store that lets you buy the trophies so you don't have to meet the actual requirements to unlock them, just earn the requisite amounts of cash and the trophies are yours :).

Well, thats certainly 'relaxing'. But i guess you still have to grind curency so tehres that. And id feel way less proud of obtaining them if i didnt really earn them with skill. Unless they are just broken or whatever.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Well, thats certainly 'relaxing'. But i guess you still have to grind curency so tehres that. And id feel way less proud of obtaining them if i didnt really earn them with skill. Unless they are just broken or whatever.

Not really much farming involved on NieR. I recall having enough to buy the rest of the trophies by the time I'd finished the game (which is when you unlock the shop anyway).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The_Hoxifier said:

Not really much farming involved on NieR. I recall having enough to buy the rest of the trophies by the time I'd finished the game (which is when you unlock the shop anyway).

Yeah i was just naming it as an example. I dont intend to ever play NieR unless if it maybe gets a ps+ release. I did the demo and found it too lame a story and too difficult to actually enjoy the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Yeah i was just naming it as an example. I dont intend to ever play NieR unless if it maybe gets a ps+ release. I did the demo and found it too lame a story and too difficult to actually enjoy the game.

I found Nier automata to be really boring in terms of story. I have no interest in robots and androids, and found the overall content to be hard to understand and a bit strange and crazy in some parts. The game was praised a lot for some reason, probably for the actual design, music, gameplay and open world aspect. But cutscenes were really boring, al least they were short and the game is really easy on easy or normal mode, so no farming need unless you want to get the plat without the trophy shop. I only bought it on sale used and out of curiosity because of all the praise, cosplays and merchandise at cons I saw. 

 

I know the Harvest moon and Rune Factory games are really relaxing and easy without needing to worry about trophies, but they are more niche in terms of the gameplay being basically farming, marriage, animal ad crop contests and other aspects of farm life.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.