SN2TooMvch

How do the region specific trophy lists work?

9 posts in this topic

I have an NA and EU account for the NA and EU trophy lists for different games but what are the others? JP is Japan? So I specifically need a Japanese account? CN is China? So I need a Chinese account? And what is AS? Can I use a Hong Kong account for that? Also which version of the game do I buy as there are sometimes several? Does it matter? Sorry for the probably obvious question, just don't want to buy the wrong thing here, thanks.

Posted (edited)

On 7/13/2018 at 4:32 PM, SN2TooMvch said:

I have an NA and EU account for the NA and EU trophy lists for different games but what are the others? JP is Japan? So I specifically need a Japanese account? CN is China? So I need a Chinese account? And what is AS? Can I use a Hong Kong account for that? Also which version of the game do I buy as there are sometimes several? Does it matter? Sorry for the probably obvious question, just don't want to buy the wrong thing here, thanks.

AS = Asian, KR = Korean, DG = digital version, GER = Germany, and AU = Australia.

Regional difference don't really matter, except when buying DLC, as you need a game and DLC from the same region to play it. For example: you can't play EU DLC with an NA game.

Edit:

If you find any other regional tags, click on the trophy list and look at the right side to find out which region it belongs to. It's listed immediately below the trophy list image.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

So where do I buy the games though for specific trophy lists when there are several? For example Dying Reborn, there are NA, EU, JP and CN versions. As for the JP and CN versions which accounts do I need? A Japanese and Chinese account? Also there are two versions of each. A English/Chinese version and just a Chinese version, does it matter which one I buy?

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

AS = Asian, KR = Korean, DG = digital version, GER = Germany, and AU = Australia.

Regional difference don't really matter, except when buying DLC, as you need a game and DLC from the same region to play it. For example: you can't play EU DLC with an NA game.

Edit:

If you find any other regional tags, click on the trophy list and look at the right side to find out which region it belongs to. It's listen immediately below the trophy list image.

So where do I buy the games though for specific trophy lists when there are several? For example Dying Reborn, there are NA, EU, JP and CN versions. As for the JP and CN versions which accounts do I need? A Japanese and Chinese account? Also there are two versions of each. A English/Chinese version and just a Chinese version, does it matter which one I buy?

On 7/13/2018 at 7:16 PM, SN2TooMvch said:

Depends on buying the digital or physical edition. For a CN game you'd need a CN account, etc. If it's a physical game you can just order it from a site like play-asia.

You don't need an account for that region to earn trophies or anything. You can even update them normally on your main account. The only thing you do need it for is DLC, where say for a Japanese game you would need to buy the DLC from the Japanese store using a Japanese psn account, but you can still use the dlc on your other accounts and play games on your other accounts.

Some people use this to their advantage for games with region separate trophy lists that have easy short platinums by earning multiple plats of the same game on the one account.  

My account is a Japanese account and although most of my games are JP versions, I live in the UK and can happily play games and earn trophies from EU games. My Nier automata game is the EU version and I play it, use the online functionality and updated it no problem from my account despite the region being different. 

I have an EU account as well but never use it. However, I did buy Yugioh and Harvest Moon a wonderful life from my EU account as they aren't available on the JP store, and they show up and can I can play them normally from my main JP account. 

On 13/07/2018 at 3:38 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Edit:

If you find any other regional tags, click on the trophy list and look at the right side to find out which region it belongs to. It's listed immediately below the trophy list image.

Well my question here is why there's stacking versions , devs make this on purpose to sell more games or they think Asians should get harder trophy list since they are better in gaming :giggle:

10 hours ago, smas16 said:

Well my question here is why there's stacking versions , devs make this on purpose to sell more games or they think Asians should get harder trophy list since they are better in gaming :giggle:

Germany and Australia have different versions due to censoring and sometimes that affects the trophy list (emphasis on the word "sometimes"). But yeah, most of the time it's to earn more money.

Thats really sad bad, i only use 1 account.