Happy birthday trophy (QTE problem?)

EternalChaos72

1 hour ago, DEADLOCKED11 said:

Mine worked fine, but maybe try changing the difficulty to the easiest, the prompts there are usually different

Yeah I had it on the easiest difficulty setting. 

EDIT: Tried on all difficulty settings and still nothing. Is there something you have to do beforehand? 

Edited by EternalChaos72

Just the standard shower, get dressed, go downstairs.

Is it failing after the part that says "for actions requiring timing and precision, etc"? 

Is this your first time through? Because you can go back and do chapter select, so its not a big deal if you dont get it on your first playthrough. Reloading the whole chapter may reset whatevers causing you issues and completing the drawing isn't part of the necessary actions. You just need to wait for the kids to come home, which is time based.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEADLOCKED11 said:

Just the standard shower, get dressed, go downstairs.

Is it failing after the part that says "for actions requiring timing and precision, etc"? 

Is this your first time through? Because you can go back and do chapter select, so its not a big deal if you dont get it on your first playthrough. Reloading the whole chapter may reset whatevers causing you issues and completing the drawing isn't part of the necessary actions. You just need to wait for the kids to come home, which is time based.

31 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

For me I did almost everything my first play through but forgot to sign; when I went back through with chapter select I just put it on easy & everything worked fine for me....

Here's a video that I just made to show you what's going wrong. Excuse my QTE fail at the shower part lol 

Edited by EternalChaos72

Very weird, do you have a different controller you can try? it seems like the left direction isn't fully registering. Or maybe try cleaning the joystick area a bit with a toothpick.

Or, try wiggling the joystick a little after pressing left. 

If that doesn't work, walk around your house to find another left type action and see if that works

17 minutes ago, DEADLOCKED11 said:

Very weird, do you have a different controller you can try? it seems like the left direction isn't fully registering. Or maybe try cleaning the joystick area a bit with a toothpick.

Or, try wiggling the joystick a little after pressing left. 

If that doesn't work, walk around your house to find another left type action and see if that works

BOOM! It's now working! I didn't have the toothpick like you suggested, but it gave me the idea to swap controllers and it's working like a charm now. There must be some dust/dirt in that other controller which is probably why the QTE wasn't registering properly.

Edited by EternalChaos72

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glitchy for me as well. Did everything right but trophy didn't pop. I didn't even notice this until I had reached the chapter "Twins." Tried replaying prologue but failed (lost the swordfight). So I quit and started chapter "Twins" again and trophy then popped!

Trophy "The Chef" was similarly glitchy for me.

If someone has a problem with the trophy, read carefully the following, read the whole thing BEFORE attempting to get the trophy again.

Steps

Any game events not listed below can be completed or ignored without interfering with the trophy.

• Complete architectural drawing in the study before the family returns home.
  • Drawing has multiple steps and is not fully completed until it is signed.
  • Help Grace with groceries.
  • Successfully and carefully set the table.
  • Give Shaun a piggy back ride.
  • It is important to not manually put Shaun down. You must let him keep riding until the game stops the ride for you. It should take about 3-4 laps around the garden. (This may have been fixed with an update.)
  • Play helicopter with Jason.
  • Continue spinning until game stops for you. Do not stop early.
  • Helicopter and piggy back ride can be done in either order.
  • Lift children up with arms.
  • Sword fight with Jason.
  • It does not matter whether Ethan misses one or two steps, just so long as he beats Jason.

Taken from http://heavyrain.wikia.com/wiki/Happy_Birthday_Trophy_Guide

After several attempts, I followed these steps and worked perfectly. The trophy unlocks after

Spoiler

Jason dies.

at least for me.

Edited by Katt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Currently having this problem as well. Hopefully, it randomly pops during a certain point because I practically did everything the guide said plus recommendations here. If it doesn't, well I just have to play out that small part out, which in perspective, really isn't that bad.