Good creepy fun.

Wade_VC

Many here have either played this or at least heard of it. For those who have yet to play it, I strongly urge you to do so.

If you are a fan of horror-survival and FPS's, Dead Space does not and will not disappoint!

The player assumes the role of Isaac Clarke, and engineer sent to the disabled space craft USG Ishimura, to discover why there is a distress call.

The enemies in Dead Space tend to be quite unlike those from just about any other game. The organic alien forms that you meet are grotesque parodies of the human form and range from the extremely quick and mobile all the way through to the completely immobile spawner's, who may well cause you more problems than you’d think. Each weapon seems to be suited a particular enemy, but some are far rarer in terms of ammo than others.

The setting is dark, the enemies can pop out of literally anywhere and when the warning lights activate and you’re sealed in for a quarantine session I guarantee your hair will be standing on end. The USG Ishimura is a strange and unsettling place, all the more so for the many system failures it seems to suffer on your way out of the near-derelict ship.

The graphics are above first-rate, and the game play is both engrossing and somewhat complex...yet easy to master. There are a few spots in the game where (unlike others of this genre), the void of space produces pure silence...which adds an especially creepy element to the already superb sound contained within this game.

deadspace01.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Super mini review almost makes me wanna pick up the game again, but ill dedicate the time to playing 2 which still sits on my shelf untouched :'[

this game was so creepy at 1st because i didnt get a good handle on the controls, so i died rather quickly because i would get frustrated which would throw my aim off and i would start mashing buttons and end dying fast.

after setting it up again in an easier settings and took my time in the 1st chapter to know the controls, it became very fun and suspenseful.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Well, after sitting on the shelf for 8 months, I've started my 1st run thru. I will say that so far getting partially thru chapter 3, it doesn't suck, but it also isn't driving me to play like I expected. Maybe it's my current state of mind, but I'm just feeling all meh about it so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Great mini review. I loved this game. Played it through three times, the last playthrough being done on impossible. I wouldn't mind going back and playing it with the lights out at night one time. I honestly find this Dead Space to be the scariest out of all of them. Something about being completely alone and isolated just creeps me out. 

• 6 months later...

Great mini review. I loved this game. Played it through three times, the last playthrough being done on impossible. I wouldn't mind going back and playing it with the lights out at night one time. I honestly find this Dead Space to be the scariest out of all of them. Something about being completely alone and isolated just creeps me out. 

I played this and  DS2, but for me this is by far the best. didn't like what they did to the ship on DS2. it somehow lost the scary touch..

This game was indeed amazing, the only i disliked was the monsters, thery were pretty scary at the start of the game, but afterwards, i got used to them, hardly ever you see a different monster in that game.

Edited by renatabls