[FF14] Can you do all the trophy grinds in the free trial?

I know you can't obtain any trophies during the free trial, but just like DCUO you can do the requirements for the trophies in advance and when you sub they will retroactively pop if you do X activity again.

With this in mind, my question is can you grind out the levequests, FATEs, Guildhests. Raids, and Crafting trophies in the free trial?

Edited by soultaker655

3 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

What about Levequests, FATEs, and Crafting?

here's all of the limitations

The following terms and conditions apply to players who choose to use the FINAL FANTASY® XIV (the “game”) free trial (“Free Trial”).
These Free Trial terms are incorporated into the FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement, located here (http://sqex.to/ffxiv_ua_na). By participating in the Free Trial, users agree to be bound by the FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement, the Square Enix Privacy Policy, and all other applicable Square Enix and FINAL FANTASY® XIV policies and terms of service. 
The following terms and conditions apply to players who use the Free Trial (“Free Trial Players”):

• Free Trial Players are not required to purchase licensed software to use the Free Trial.
  • One (1) Free Trial account may be registered using a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.
  • Free Trial Players cannot make in-game micro transactions during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can create only eight (8) playable characters, restricted to one (1) playable character per world.
  • Free Trial account characters have their level capped at level thirty five (35).
  • Free Trial account characters can obtain only a capped amount of in game currency (GIL).
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the "shout", "yell" or "tell" in-game chat options during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot trade items with other players during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the Mogletter service during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot hire a retainer character during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell if invited, but cannot create a new Linkshell during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot login to the Lodestone and or any other game forum during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot progress past Floor 10 in the Deep Dungeon during the Free Trial.

Square Enix reserves the right to make amendments to the Free Trial and these Free Trial terms, or to add or remove limitations on Free Trial Players, with or without notice in its sole discretion at any time.

Last Updated: [March 28, 2017]

https://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&tag=freetrial

1 minute ago, soultaker655 said:

What about levequests, FATEs, and Crafting?

With the cap being 35 in the trial, you can do all the grinding, 10K kills, FATE fights, 1K crafts (make the most basic thing 1K times for each crafting class), 1K gathering for the 3 gathering classes. As Snow said, the raids are unavailable and you wont be able to do the final quest obviously and I haven't played PVP much but I think you need to be a higher level for that 1 PVP trophy. As long as you continue getting levequest you should be able to do that as well.

Now if they retroactively pop, I have no information on that but they ideally should.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

here's all of the limitations

The following terms and conditions apply to players who choose to use the FINAL FANTASY00ae.png XIV (the “game”) free trial (“Free Trial”).
These Free Trial terms are incorporated into the FINAL FANTASY00ae.png XIV User Agreement, located here (http://sqex.to/ffxiv_ua_na). By participating in the Free Trial, users agree to be bound by the FINAL FANTASY00ae.png XIV User Agreement, the Square Enix Privacy Policy, and all other applicable Square Enix and FINAL FANTASY00ae.png XIV policies and terms of service. 
The following terms and conditions apply to players who use the Free Trial (“Free Trial Players”):

• Free Trial Players are not required to purchase licensed software to use the Free Trial.
  • One (1) Free Trial account may be registered using a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.
  • Free Trial Players cannot make in-game micro transactions during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can create only eight (8) playable characters, restricted to one (1) playable character per world.
  • Free Trial account characters have their level capped at level thirty five (35).
  • Free Trial account characters can obtain only a capped amount of in game currency (GIL).
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the "shout", "yell" or "tell" in-game chat options during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot trade items with other players during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the Mogletter service during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot hire a retainer character during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell if invited, but cannot create a new Linkshell during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot login to the Lodestone and or any other game forum during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot progress past Floor 10 in the Deep Dungeon during the Free Trial.

Square Enix reserves the right to make amendments to the Free Trial and these Free Trial terms, or to add or remove limitations on Free Trial Players, with or without notice in its sole discretion at any time.

Last Updated: [March 28, 2017]

https://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&tag=freetrial

Yeah I read that before making this thread, which I made because it didn't answer my question.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

I can´t personally answer about the free-trial, but I did a lot of the requirements already on PC, way before the PS3/4 version was released. When I got the Playstation version and I got all my trophies that I had completed the requirments for. Then I did most requirments on PC, and jumped back to Playstation to pop them. So with that info, I would assume that it´s the same with Free trial, but no promises as I never used that version.

Free trial will not let u use market board. Good luck gathering materials to craft without. Also leves, not sure may be limited per day. Good luck doing that. Without free trial limit already will take months. With limit may be a year at least. And Fates...lol, you wony be able to socialize, chat on public so soloing low level fates would be boring as fk since your lvl cap.

Edit: but its all doable with the exception of guuldhest and raids because of level cap.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

4 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Free trial will not let u use market board. Good luck gathering materials to craft without. Also leves, not sure may be limited per day. Good luck doing that. Without free trial limit already will take months. With limit may be a year at least. And Fates...lol, you wony be able to socialize, chat on public so soloing low level fates would be boring as fk since your lvl cap.

Edit: but its all doable with the exception of guuldhest and raids because of level cap.

Guildhest can be done from level 10 and usually just spam Under the armour for a LONG but easy trophy ;) 

1 minute ago, Coldman1 said:

Guildhest can be done from level 10 and usually just spam Under the armour for a LONG but easy trophy ;) 

Oh? What was the requirement for it? Been so long I dont remember. Its not do them all?

7 minutes ago, Coldman1 said:

Nope just to do 100 of the buggers but you can do the same one over and over again :) 

OH right. There was the do 1 and 100 of them trophy. I guess that is completely possible too but just very very long like you said since no one does them not to mention the wait time for each. Lol. Good thing armour giant only last a few seconds to fight.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

16 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

You're limited to 100 levequests, and it regens at something like 6 a day, so it's impossible to do that in 15 days.

The free trial is now Unlimited, and had been for a while.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/78bccd2d347b88d8791c1a490ea85153eec45bbc

Edited by soultaker655

All but 2 trophys should be doable in the free trial aka can't do the 2.0 msq gold trophy and can't do the coils with just the trial but everything else can be achieved 

To help with the 100 guildheists and 100 dutys just go as a healer or tank as low level content is extremely easy

Edit: Btw instance raids basically meants duty so any dungeon or trial will work so best to spam the lv20 ifrit trial as a healer imo

Edited by Fluffy-Vulpix

• 3 weeks later...

You will get retroactive trophies. Otherwise it would be against Sony TOU. You however need to be 50 to do the Binding Coil. So you will be one trophy short. But keep in mind it may have a lot of lag being a server based game. In other similar games the retroactive trophies could seemingly appear out of thin air. I know GTA V it took me months to get some of those trophy pops even though they were unlocked months beforehand. 

On 31.7.2018 at 11:45 AM, LurchSkywalker said:

You will get retroactive trophies. Otherwise it would be against Sony TOU. You however need to be 50 to do the Binding Coil. So you will be one trophy short. But keep in mind it may have a lot of lag being a server based game. In other similar games the retroactive trophies could seemingly appear out of thin air. I know GTA V it took me months to get some of those trophy pops even though they were unlocked months beforehand. 

Does it mean, I can meet the requirements for the trophies to pop, but they won't during free trial? I would like to try out the game and if I really like it I might get as many grind trophies out of the way as I can before paying the monthly fee. Would it be wise to keep track of everything during the trial or is it done ingame in any way?

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

So, upon playing the game for about 2 hours or so I realized that trophies can't actually unlock in a free trial :c

Is that the case or am I missing something :D?

That is the case.

30 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

So, upon playing the game for about 2 hours or so I realized that trophies can't actually unlock in a free trial :c

Is that the case or am I missing something :D?

You can't unlock them in the free trial, but if you finish the the requirements for a trophy in the free trial, when you start the full game those trophies should pop.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2