Mega Man X Legacy Collection Trophy Thoughts

3 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Yeah, now some folks can complain about not getting 100%, even though the games have a platinum.

I'm just happy that I'll get to play these again lol. I was probably average at X4 - X6, but much like Crash Bandicoot I've got a sneaky hunch I'm going to suck real bad at these games now. xD 

Just now, grimydawg said:

@Avatar_Of_Battle To be fair, the Crash collection had issues because the first two games were designed like the third one as well.  I'm just glad the games have a platinum trophy with them, that way a person wouldn't have posted "no plat, no buy," when he/she wouldn't have gotten the platinum trophy(ies) anyway.

It was just a bit disheartening to see that I could breeze through the games as a kid on the PS1, but I kinda struggled with them now. :S  I'll get back to them one day.

lol the games could have come with no trophies I still would have bought them. ?

I played the first X game so long ago that I barely remember anything other than knowing I played it. Never played X2 or X3 either so this will be a new experience for me. No idea how difficult the games are. (I did play X4 - X7 so I hope some muscle memory remains...)

9 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It was just a bit disheartening to see that I could breeze through the games as a kid on the PS1, but I kinda struggled with them now. :S  I'll get back to them one day.

lol the games could have come with no trophies I still would have bought them. 1f602.png

I played the first X game so long ago that I barely remember anything other than knowing I played it. Never played X2 or X3 either so this will be a new experience for me. No idea how difficult the games are. (I did play X4 - X7 so I hope some muscle memory remains...)

X2 is pretty easy, definitely easier than X1, X3 is the most difficult of the snes trilogy due to damage values, they're the highest of the entire series. Sigma will one shot you with his rockets if you go to him with no heart upgrades or body upgrade 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

X2 is pretty easy, definitely easier than X1, X3 is the most difficult of the snes trilogy due to damage values, they're the highest of the entire series. Sigma will one shot you with his rockets if you go to him with no heart upgrades or body upgrade 

Guess X3 is the one to watch out for then. :P 

I never had an SNES but a friend of mine did in the late 90's so I'll at least get a few of these games for the first time. 

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Guess X3 is the one to watch out for then. :P 

I never had an SNES but a friend of mine did in the late 90's so I'll at least get a few of these games for the first time. 

Well, X3 also has the worst AI for the maverick, most of them ram into walls and they can be easily exploited so it kinda balances out

• Like 1

I've played through the first three Megaman X collections so they shouldn't be a problem. Never played Megaman X4, but I remember Capcom switched over to Playstation 1 after the Super Nintendo was on it's last legs.

The timeline is set in the future, long after Dr Light, Dr Wily and the original Mega Man. Still the same classic gameplay we all know and love, and it has the same amount of secrets that the old NES/SNES Megaman games did.

Very surprised this collection has a platinum. Capcom is very stingy when it comes to offer platinums, at least ones that the average person can get without too much trouble.

Probably going to be a day one purchase for me, if not I'll buy this within the first week.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I've played through the first three Megaman X collections so they shouldn't be a problem. Never played Megaman X4, but I remember Capcom switched over to Playstation 1 after the Super Nintendo was on it's last legs.

The timeline is set in the future, long after Dr Light, Dr Wily and the original Mega Man. Still the same classic gameplay we all know and love, and it has the same amount of secrets that the old NES/SNES Megaman games did.

Very surprised this collection has a platinum. Capcom is very stingy when it comes to offer platinums, at least ones that the average person can get without too much trouble.

Probably going to be a day one purchase for me, if not I'll buy this within the first week.

Technically they switched over with X3, as it had both a Saturn and PlayStation 1 port

1 minute ago, pauloredlinex7 said:

I think capcom is seeing psn profiles. She must have seen a lot of complaints about her games not having platinum and she was ashamed. This time, congratulations to CApcom, I was excited to buy the Mega Man collection

Hate to tell you this, but they don't care.

• Like 1

So correct me if I'm wrong, but this list doesn't look too bad at all in terms of difficulty, especially when compared to the list for the original Megaman collection. The game-specific trophies all seem quite straightforward, the only one I'm not sure of is the X Challenge stages, they could be very hard.