Thoughts on this one?

I actually forgot that they were making this, heard about it a while back, but hadn't heard much about it.  Hopefully it wont be a tough one to complete, but it looks like it wants you to do everything.

As for characters, not sure if it's traditional RPG style with all 4 in a party, or if you pick one of them to use on the adventures, switching between others as you see fit.

Just now, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Yeah, I know, but usually items are available for pre-order. Maybe not for smaller titles though.

Yeah, not all titles are available for pre-orders. I guess it's up to the developers if they want to offer a pre-order on the store.

I've seen an Amazon page for it, but for some reason it's not possible to order it yet (on the German Amazon at least).

From what I’ve seen this is somewhat similar to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.. albeit with turn based combat.. 

Definitely day one for me, already pre-ordered.

Just being able to sail freely around the Land of Ooo, was a huge selling point for me. 

Trophy wise, it seems pretty simplistic; similar to a lot of open world RPGs. I’m hoping that there’s a decent amount of content, perhaps even some decent end game quests to keep me busy; like with most open world RPGs these days... Complete the story, then roam freely completing any missed quests or activities.

It is certainly the most intriguing Adventure Time game so far.

I’ve been playing for a bit today, and I’d advise anyone who wants this to get the physical copy; or better yet- rent it if you can.

It is an okay game (nothing special, but it’s not bad)..

But if you’re going to pay full price for the digital copy, you’ll probably feel a bit annoyed. At least you can trade-in the physical copy.

The biggest letdown for me so so far is how empty the world is. The map looks huge and the area you can sail is relatively decent sized, but there’s only about 10 places on the map where you can actually disembark and explore. (I’m still early on, so more could open up later)

The gameplay is good, and there’s no real issues on that front.

I’d say there’s about 10-15 hours of gameplay here with all the side quests. 

On a whole it just feels lacking, and you don’t get as much bang for your buck as other games of a similar price. If you love the show, then you’ll enjoy this game more than those who don’t watch it. But as Adventure Time games go, this is a step in the right direction. 

Hopefully soon we will have a decent open world game, set in a full size Land of Ooo. Until then this is the best you’ll get. Aside from the Adventure Time Hub World from Lego Dimensions. 

Edited by GizMo_The_Great

• 5 months later...

I thought it was a fun game, but I'm glad it was on sale when I bought it. Have to agree about the mostly empty world and relatively short play time. If you're a fan of the show and can get it for a good price I'd recommend giving it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...