Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

18 hours ago, mecharobot said:

Decided to get working on the game(s). I cleared Pro survival mode in Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni and it took 55 minutes and 4 seconds. I'm going to try survival Hell tomorrow and it will surely take well over an hour if I don't screw up on one of the bosses. Not really excited about playing this awful mode non-stop for that long, but I'll see how it goes. On a positive note, I've already done phantom delude on challenge mode, which I had zero issues with. Took like 5 tries. Planning to save 100 naked bodies for last trophy, since I don't have many easy ones and don't want to risk unlocking the shop trophy asap after I clear the special modes (if I can). I can always grind bodies separately from xp/money, so it should be safe.

Congrats with clearing the Phantom Delude challenge, that one was by far the worst one. You could always save the trophy for buying everything in the store, that's what I did.

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Saving that trophy for last is probably the best choice. Another option might be to save the trophy for 5 million exp for last although I don't remember if there was some kind of tracking for it or not. But I guess it's better to get done with that as fast as possible.

Yeah, the amount of exp is tracked by the game.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I finally got Freedom Wars ready to pop. Turns out the hardest thing in the game is actually upgrading a weapon to level 10... The abductor trophies were really easy using level 10 sinners and upgraded weapons. I even got the Dionaea one the first time I encountered one of those.

If anyone is trying to finish this game, here's a few tips that I wish I would have known:

• Getting the perfect weapons is pretty tedious considering there are so many things to keep track of: rarity, late bloomer weapons, modules, elemental modding, incredibly rare upgrade materials needed in high amounts, etc. Despite this try to build a really good weapon as soon as you are code 8. I had no trouble at all getting all of the trophies using a R8 level 8 Exodus 7500 with Ice/Lightning/Will'o elements and a R5 level 5 Ea's knife with Power L and XL modules( very important) for severing only.
  • Read up on weapon upgrading in general, there's lots of easy mistakes to make that are just as easily avoidable. One example: Picking elemental variants over impact variants is a bad idea because every weapon can reach 100 element points using elemental modding but only impact weapons get a boost in impact damage.
  • Manufacture of weapons always costs one resource that is fairly easy to farm and another two that can be bought at the fueling station.
  • Some of the rarest upgrade materials can be bought for entitlement points on level 6 of the citizens promenade. It's much easier farming the entitlement points than the materials themselves, especially when you need to gather Will'o Engines.
  • Retribution 100 Jakarta is incredibly easy and can be farmed for entitlement points probably even as soon as early to mid-game. This is a great way to keep your teammates' gear upgraded as high as possible, making things much easier for you.
  • Make use of Adrenaline+ and Adrenaline when severing Peltatums chain boxes. Not only do they increase your damage, they also increase your severing speed.
  • Make use of combat items in general, even on easier missions. Use items from your Jakarta runs to fuel your factories and make sure to keep them running.
  • Make good use of augmentations, there are a few free ones (cost 0) and others that are invaluable like Last Legs or the Contribution Boosters.

I took around 60 hours to beat the game but you can save yourself many wipes and a lot of grinding by following these tips. The MP trophies only take about 1-2 hours and play into farming entitlement points/reducing your sentence since you can just do Jakarta 15 times. There seem to be a couple people online from time to time but I'd highly recommend boosting. I hope this is gonna help someone. :) 

Anyways, done with one game and on to another. I think I'm gonna go with Jak 2 next. That should be fairly quick and I'd rather wait until the MP is done in PSABR before I tackle the SP. I'm already at about 40% of the story and I've already gotten past the mission that I raged about in the KYC thread because it was glitched. Worked perfectly fine this time around but the framerate is still atrocious on the Vita. <_<

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats on the progress. :) 

To be honest I'm kinda surprised that you don't continue playing Tales of Hearts R as you seemed quite enthusiastic about the game during the KYC-event. And good luck with Jak 2.

Thanks! Honestly, While I did enjoy Tales of Hearts R and I have yet to see the end of the story, it's a lengthy RPG and I've also done a lot of grinding in Freedom Wars, so it's nice to have something that's very different from that with a pinch of nostalgia. Then there's also the fact that I still need to get two more games done for the nameless anime event within the next eleven days which might attribute to me picking short games over long ones right now. I'm personally hoping we get PSABR boosted over the weekend because the SP trophies shouldn't take me all that long.

I think that after those two Tales of Hearts R is the next game on my list, though. Probably closely followed by relearning MotorStorm RC in order to earn my dishonorable cross save plat. :D 

14 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Then there's also the fact that I still need to get two more games done for the nameless anime event within the next eleven days which might attribute to me picking short games over long ones right now

I was a bit irritated about that "eleven days" at first but then I realized that you relate to the end of the summer season. Right? Somehow the current seasons don't really have anything that piques my interest and I barely follow any news regarding simulcasts or new announcements. The last season that really caught my interest was the winter season with shows like Laidback Camp, How to Keep A Mummy (although it felt rather flat at the end <_< ) and Micchiri Neko.

14 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I think that after those two Tales of Hearts R is the next game on my list, though. Probably closely followed by relearning MotorStorm RC in order to earn my dishonorable cross save plat. :D 

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you getting back to ToHR also motivates me to go back to FFX, although there's still a big pile of games I have to play due to other events I joined. Might find some time in November, although that month is also packed with some good games like Wreckfest or the Spyro Trilogy (HYPE!!!!!).

On 9/20/2018 at 11:05 AM, Crimson Idol said:

I was a bit irritated about that "eleven days" at first but then I realized that you relate to the end of the summer season. Right? Somehow the current seasons don't really have anything that piques my interest and I barely follow any news regarding simulcasts or new announcements. The last season that really caught my interest was the winter season with shows like Laidback Camp, How to Keep A Mummy (although it felt rather flat at the end <_< ) and Micchiri Neko.

Yeah, that event goes by anime season, so I've got until the end of summer season. But I'd say I'm doing quite good again since I'm pretty far into Jak 2 now (around 75%) and I should manage PSABR within two weekends. 

I'm also not really interested in the seasons themselves... I was gonna watch AoT S3 but it's starting off with the ark that I like the least and that new OP isn't helping at all. Besides that a friend of mine had a great time watching Grand Blue. Next season looks a bit more promising, though. I'm really hyped for JoJo part 5, even though I read the manga of that part already and didn't like the villain and I guess the ending of that part in general. :/ Still, the moments leading up to that are very interesting and I'm glad to be able to see them animated. Besides that I'm also gonna be watching some more Fairy Tail as it's finally continuing and I've only read ahead a couple chapters so far. Then there's the Dragon Ball Super movie and a couple shows that I likely won't watch but sounded kinda interesting.

The next few months are gonna be great in general since there's so much stuff coming up. I can't wait for the new season of RWBY to start and Steven Universe as well as Star Vs. the Forces of Evil should continue soonish despite there being no news as usual. The latter two shows are at especially interesting points in their respective stories at the moment. But for the most part I just tend to watch already released stuff since there are still many great series from anime to Netflix originals that I still haven't watched yet.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you getting back to ToHR also motivates me to go back to FFX, although there's still a big pile of games I have to play due to other events I joined. Might find some time in November, although that month is also packed with some good games like Wreckfest or the Spyro Trilogy (HYPE!!!!!).

Good luck with that. Also, the Spyro Trilogy announcement was a huge surprise to me as I was totally thinking Spyro got completely killed by Skylanders. Maybe there's some hope for one of my favorite franchises.

Edited by xFalionx

Might do Sly Cooper Thieves in Time for the event since it will take a lot of patience and willpower to get the 8-Bit Bentley trophy and that stupid tower climbing trophy in one minute. Either that or suffer the wrath of the Master Thief Challenges in Sly 3. Yeah, probably Sly 3 but I wanna think about joining this event first. Not that I have no faith in Vita anymore(it's where I am going to platinum World of Final Fantasy) but I am working on a Dragon Quest related personal challenge so that Dragon Quest XI is my 100th platinum.

21 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

100 is a long way to go. Thats still what 40 more or so. 1 at a time is all can concentrate on myself. Too many plans and worryinh about this and that is too much pressure. 

I've already got Terraria planned as my 100th game and I don't even own 100 games yet. :D 

Anyways, I just got my second game Jak 2 ready to pop, I just need to collect one more orb and the plat is mine. It's time to move on to PSABR. Also, whatever you do, please don't play this game on the Vita unless you know what you're getting yourself into, have a very high tolerance for frustration and maybe a sprinkle of nostalgia to keep you from shattering planet earth using the accumulated rage induced by some sections of this game. Also beware of some gamebreaking glitches that might have you restarting the game and losing all the progress you made during that mission in order to be able to actually complete the mission because apparently nobody was brave enough to playtest the HD remake of this game...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Too many plans and worryinh about this and that is too much pressure. 

Only thing I can do is agree to this 100%. Worrying about such things way too early just ruins the fun in gaming.

21 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Anyone have edf 2? Looking to boost the long dreaded online grinds

If you want to, I can add your search request to the OP so others might notice it. :)

41 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Anyways, I just got my second game Jak 2 ready to pop,

Congrats. Got you updated. :D 

41 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

to keep you from shattering planet earth using the accumulated rage induced by some sections of this game.

This is a good transition to one game I want to add on my own (after removing a bunch ^^"): Punchline

Received my copy today and I was kinda surprised as it's the US-version and that is actually dated to be released on October 9th according to the shop. To be honest I only know a few pieces about the story but I thought I just might give the game a try.

• Like 1

an update: i'd like to add virtue's last reward, lego ninjago: shadow of ronin, lego star wars: the force awakens, lego avengers, and zero time dilemma. 

pirate warriors 3, lego ninjago: shadow of ronin, and virtue's last reward are good to go and with adding a few games im gonna go for the original february date

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vanilla said:

an update: i'd like to add virtue's last reward, lego ninjago: shadow of ronin, lego star wars: the force awakens, lego avengers, and zero time dilemma. 

pirate warriors 3, lego ninjago: shadow of ronin, and virtue's last reward are good to go and with adding a few games im gonna go for the original february date

Got the new games added to your list and the status updated for the ones mentioned. Good luck with the remaining games. ^_^ 

I just got done with PSABR thanks to some boosting help from @Leenewbe and @Crimson Idol as well as a lot of perseverence as I still had to play through the story 16 times. :| Like Freedom Wars, this game has been clogging up my profile for years, so I'm really glad to be able to cross it off my list. After my two quick games, I guess it's time to visit the land of JRPGs where I'll probably spend most of the remaining time until the anniversary. The guide for Toukiden over on .org states a completion time of 200+ hours, so that's gonna be fun... But first it's time for Tales of Hearts R.

Also, you can put me down as offering help for Freedom Wars and PSABR, as those two are both games I own a physical copy of, so I don't have to juggle game files on my tiny 8GB card to help every now and then. :) 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I just got done with PSABR thanks to some boosting help from @Leenewbe and @Crimson Idol as well as a lot of perseverence as I still had to play through the story 16 times. :| Like Freedom Wars, this game has been clogging up my profile for years, so I'm really glad to be able to cross it off my list. After my two quick games, I guess it's time to visit the land of JRPGs where I'll probably spend most of the remaining time until the anniversary. The guide for Toukiden over on .org states a completion time of 200+ hours, so that's gonna be fun... But first it's time for Tales of Hearts R.

Also, you can put me down as offering help for Freedom Wars and PSABR, as those two are both games I own a physical copy of, so I don't have to juggle game files on my tiny 8GB card to help every now and then. :) 

I actually wondered how long it will take you finish the game up. Would have thought you would spend a bit more time on it as playing through the story so many times in such a short time span is mind-numbing, especially when you have such weird pairs like Kratos & Fat Princess.

Got you updated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I actually wondered how long it will take you finish the game up. Would have thought you would spend a bit more time on it as playing through the story so many times in such a short time span is mind-numbing, especially when you have such weird pairs like Kratos & Fat Princess.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't do that again but it was due to a couple reasons. I got all of the easy trophies out of the way for the trophy hunting event last Saturday and thought I'd just keep going for a while since one trophy every 25 minutes is probably the fastest I could earn trophies anyway with my limited gaming arsenal since my physical PS3 games are still out of the picture. I started with 3/20 done due to previous playthroughs whenever I felt like it, then got to 11/20 before I called it quits on Saturday evening. Then I just did 4 more on Sunday morning and just kind of forced the last five playthroughs into my evening because I was pretty close to being done either way. 

I also came across some characters I really liked to play, mostly just Dante, Raiden and Nariko, to the point that I felt bad for not even owning a single game of their respective franchises, I don't even know the franchise Nariko is from, never heard of her before. I wouldn't really factor those playthroughs into the equation as that was just fun to me. 

Also, if I didn't do the whole thing in one go, I'm sure I would have just kept delaying it like I used to do, as some characters were the direct opposite to those listed before. I guess I just love playing fast melee characters and hate playing slow characters as well as range based characters...

First game is ready to go! Drum-roll please for Sword Art Online: Lost Song

L832be1.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 3/10

I’m glad I picked SAO for this event, (because honestly with my growing un-played backlog) who knows when I would have gotten around to it otherwise. & that would have been shame on me. Fantastic Vita game!

Flight combat is handled very well. Locking onto a target automatically helps you steer towards your opponent as opposed to say like Gravity Rush were you can fly right past your target. Being able to play as any of your party members is a huge plus, especially with the nice variety in weapon types. Downside, character creator was a pointless joke. Hardly any options & with numerous party members already completely unnecessary.

Story wise was decent enough, side quest stories were better. Though I’d like to play the first game now as LS does a good job of referencing the previous enough to peak my interest. Not an overly difficult or time consuming game. I never needed to level for a boss fight (just head back to town & equip something better) & the grinding was pretty minuscule post game for leveling some spells & such.

Also started Tokyo Twilight over the weekend. I was a little apprehensive that I wouldn’t like it considering how you battle in the game (setting traps & chasing down ghosts from a top down map). But so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the game. I am however worried this one won’t get done in time for the Japan anniversary. Too early to tell right now, so I’ll let you know if I have to switch it out.

Anyway, here is the link to my Tokyo Twilight trophy set.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3374-tokyo-twilight-ghost-hunters/Gretchen27 

• Like 3

Got you updated with SAO. :) 

16 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Also started Tokyo Twilight over the weekend. I was a little apprehensive that I wouldn’t like it considering how you battle in the game (setting traps & chasing down ghosts from a top down map). But so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the game. I am however worried this one won’t get done in time for the Japan anniversary. Too early to tell right now, so I’ll let you know if I have to switch it out.

No worries about that. As the japanese anniversary is only a bonus event there's no need to feel any commitment to finish a game by then. And I'm glad to hear that the first impression is a good one.

• Like 1

Having some problems beating Mana in Challenge Mode. It's only her and Koharu left, but I find that the strategy in guide does not work well on Mana, at least not with Rinka. It also did not work well on Manpukumaru, but I found that she flinches if you combo aggressively enough and offed her in ~4 minutes spamming Rinka's square string. Might try leveling up Momo for the spear strategy unless I'm missing some really effective cheese method. I do not find these fights to work out identically and I've had to really tiptoe with the circle spam strategy against Rinka, while Viola was a pushover. Mana just runs away and Manpuku counters or gets stuck on the many corners in the stage where she can recover from the combo.

12 hours ago, mecharobot said:

Having some problems beating Mana in Challenge Mode. It's only her and Koharu left, but I find that the strategy in guide does not work well on Mana, at least not with Rinka. It also did not work well on Manpukumaru, but I found that she flinches if you combo aggressively enough and offed her in ~4 minutes spamming Rinka's square string. Might try leveling up Momo for the spear strategy unless I'm missing some really effective cheese method. I do not find these fights to work out identically and I've had to really tiptoe with the circle spam strategy against Rinka, while Viola was a pushover. Mana just runs away and Manpuku counters or gets stuck on the many corners in the stage where she can recover from the combo.

It seems random: sometimes I could cheese the circle strategy, other times I had to rely on hit-and-run strategies.

On 2.10.2018 at 0:57 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

It seems random: sometimes I could cheese the circle strategy, other times I had to rely on hit-and-run strategies.

Maybe so. In any case, I got it using Momo. Her charged triangle is a teleporting upward slash, which can continue into the circle combo. This can be launched at a good distance, making Mana easy and it seemed to work on Koharu just fine as well. I can also farm the bosses slightly faster with her than Rinka. Currently mindlessly mashing X to get last two lingerie, but after that I really just need to farm the XP and bodies, so I think I'm going to start the 2nd event game to alleviate the insane boredom.

Do you have any suggestion for a placeholder trophy for Ys: Memories of Celceta?

3 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Maybe so. In any case, I got it using Momo. Her charged triangle is a teleporting upward slash, which can continue into the circle combo. This can be launched at a good distance, making Mana easy and it seemed to work on Koharu just fine as well. I can also farm the bosses slightly faster with her than Rinka. Currently mindlessly mashing X to get last two lingerie, but after that I really just need to farm the XP and bodies, so I think I'm going to start the 2nd event game to alleviate the insane boredom.

Do you have any suggestion for a placeholder trophy for Ys: Memories of Celceta?

Ah ok, congrats :yay: . The exp grind is terrible and a complete waste of time.

For Ys MoC you can leave the trophy for completing Boss Rush and completing Boss Rush without dying for last.

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite busy with exams, so I'm glad I finally have some time off. I have also started to teach myself the piano on a crappy keyboard I managed to pick up for free and I've still got more exams after the break but I'll manage somehow.

Anyways, update time!

I finished the story of Tales of Hearts R, which took me 50 hours instead of my anticipated 40 hours and really started to drag towards the end. I guess it's mostly a pacing issue as basically everything that's gonna happen is revealed about 30 hours in and then you spend 20 hours trying to stop it. In the end I felt much better in the postgame as I was finally able to play the game my own way. Speaking of which, I'm also done with that and have started my second playthrough that I'm not really looking forward to but I'll get to see how fast I can manage to beat it again. Then there's only a bit more grinding left as well as beating the final boss twice and a minigame. I think I'll leave one of the unbreakable bonds trophies for last since I can activate that at the press of a button.

• Like 1

I finished the 2nd episode of Assassin's Creed Chronicles which is India :)

As i was familiar with the game mechanics it felt easier and less bugs occured (like walls appearing therefor blocking my view) but i was worried about a trophy for not killing anybody in the game unless forced to do (like a sniping section once). This made the game harder as in some missions where you must run through as fast as possible you cannot as enemies are in your way. Luckily this trophy popped in mission 8 of 10 on my second playthrough, while i finished all missions on highest score but not on fastest time (reason see above) so when the playthrough was done i only had to redo the speedrun missions :) 

Biggest negative aspect is grinding combat related trophies like 100 double kills, 100 kills + let the enemy vanish ability, let 100 enemies run past you being invisible (another ability). Unnecessary grinding :(

I still say it's a really cool game :)

• Like 1