Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

crimsonidol38
By crimsonidol38 in Community Events, Contests & "We Plays",
Vita's 6th 7th anniversary event Having no games for seven years and still alive. Vita surely means life!   What's your fondest gaming memory of 2017?
The launch of the Switch? Playing Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Cuphead, Super Mario Odyssey? I don't know what yours was, but mine was the event I hold for the 5th anniversary of the PlayStation Vita. Over 80 people participated and about two third of them either popped a plat or finished a 100% game. In average each successful participant finished 3 games on that day.
Now, about one a half years later the situation is even worse than it was back at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017. Sony decided to remove the Vita from the IGC and will no longer provide free games as of March 2019 and they also announced that they will no longer produce physical Vita-games for the NA/EU-regions after March 2019. But you know what? Screw the shit Sony is pulling and let us show once again, that the Vita is still alive.
So, once again, I would like to celebrate with you February 22nd as Vita's (western) birthday and finish as many games as possible.
How to celebrate Vita's birthday?
I want to host an plat/100%-event in the spirit of the Platinum Rain Day. The event is solely focused on the Vita and it's game library to prove that the Vita ain't dead and "Vita has no gamez" is a hoax.
Goal of the event is that each participant earns at least one plat or gets the 100% in the base game (for games without a plat) for at least one Vita-game on the event day(s). Feel free to finish as many games as possible, though.
What's the event day?
Unlike 2017 you won't be restricted to finish the games on February 22nd 2019 in your local timezone. Instead, every game will count that is finished between February 21st 2019, 12:00pm GMT and February 23rd 2019, 12:00pm GMT. Technically, this means that the event goes from 2019-02-22 00:00 GMT+12 up to 2019-02-23 00:00 GMT-12, which means that you have a timeframe of 48 hours to finish the games.
To make it more comfortable for you, you can see the event's start and end time in your current local timezone by clicking the following links:
Start time (alternative: countdown) and end time (alternative: countdown)   BONUS EVENT: There's also an optional event for Vita's japanese anniversary, which is on December 17th 2018. Similar to the main event any game earned in the time between 2018-12-16 00:00 GMT+12 up to 2018-12-18 00:00 GMT-12 will be added to the special section of the earned plats & 100%s.
To make it more comfortable for you, you can see the event's start and end time in your current local timezone by clicking the following links:
Start time (alternative: countdown) and end time (alternative: countdown)
How to join?
Simply leave a post in this thread and say that you want to join. You can also write me a private message and say that you want to join in. 
There's no need to decide on games while joining the event as there's plenty of time to make a decision. I will try to keep track of your progress if you decide to post your progress in this thread (or write it via private message). There's no requirement to use a specific format, I will properly align it on my own.
What games are eligible?
All games that were released for the PS Vita are eligible. So 100%-only games count as much as games with a plat do. It's only required to get the trophies of the base game. If you already finished the base game and the game has some DLC that still needs to be finished, the game can also be added to your list with the sole requirement that you have to finish all remaining DLC so that the game is listed as 100% complete on your profile.
What to do on the event day(s)?
Once the event's start time is reached, you are allowed to pop the remaining trophies for as many Vita-games as possible. After you finished popping your trophies report either here in this thread or in the Most Recent Platinum-, or the Post Your Newest 100%-thread. You can either post a simple list of your plats popped or you can elaborate your post by mentioning your favorite aspects or the things you disliked about the game you chose. It's up to you.
Rules (in short form) The timeframe for the event is as following:
Start: February 21st 2019, 12:00pm GMT (Countdown)
End: February 23st 2019, 12:00pm GMT (Countdown)
Click the links to see the time converted to your local timezone The timeframe for the optional celebration of the japanese birthday is as following:
Start: December 16th 2018, 12:00pm GMT (Countdown)
End: December 18th 2018, 12:00pm GMT (Countdown) The last trophy of a game has to be earned in the event's timeframe It's not required to name a game right from the start if you want to join Minimum number is one finished game (plat or 100% in the base game). You can pop as many plats or get as many 100%s as you want, though. All trophies have to earned legit. Hackers aren't welcome! Only games that were released on Vita can be chosen. Both games with a Vita-only or a shared trophy list (e.g. PS3 & Vita) qualify. If it's a shared list, you have to play the game on the Vita, obviously. Cross-Save is allowed but not encouraged. You can load your Cross-Save of games like Sound Shapes, Motorstorm R/C, or Senran Kagura: Estvial Versus on the Vita and earn a quick plat to enter this event but this would ruin the fun of playing the game on the Vita, wouldn't it? You can switch the games at any time. Just inform me about changes if you want me to keep track of your progess. =)
And most importantly:
This is NOT a competion. It's an event solely for fun (and the Vita, obviously)!    Multiplayer Boosting If you want to request help for some multiplayer trophies or want to offer help, just mention it and I will list you here. The same applies when you want to revoke your request/offer.   Searching: @Kittet3 (link to post): Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken @xFalionx (link to post): LittleBigPlanet PS Vita   Offering: @Cisele80 (link to post): Help for any game played @Crimson Idol: Need for Speed Most Wanted @Dragon-Archon (link to post): God Eater Resurrection (offering avatar as NPC), God Eater 2 Rage Burst (offering avatar as NPC) @Dreamcatcher4891 (link to post): Ridge Racer @Gretchen27 (link to post): Freedom Wars, Need for Speed Most Wanted @xFalionx (link to post): Freedom Wars   Giveaway Similar to the first iteration some people who successfully participated in the event will get a reward in shape of funds for their PSN-wallets. But unlike last time, I won't be giving all ouf them out randomly but some are tied to specific conditions/categories. The conditions will be revealed over the course of the event. The reward itself would would be 20 USD/EUR/equivalent as PSN topup cards. If your account's region can't be found on trustworthy sites like pcgamesupply.com, cdkeys.com or Play-Asia, we will surely find a way.   Categories and Conditions: Successfully participate in the japanese, western, or both anniversaries
--> random person will be chosen for each category (japanese, western, both) Clear a really old game that's part of your backlog
--> person with oldest game (based on completion-time) Earn the most plats
--> person with highest total amount of plats across both event dates Earn the most 100%
--> person with highest total amount of finished 100%-games (=games without a plat) across bost event dates Gaming by Numbers Vita Edition:
--> the person with the highest amount of different last digits for the game's trophy lists   Feedback
There's always room for improvement. If you have any questions or want to suggest a change, say it out loud.

• 820 replies