Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

I also want to give a small personal update:

I'm playing Punchline (or Punch Line? :dunno:) right now and although the game has some flaws I'm enjoying it. Decided to play this without watching the anime prior or at the same time. I watched the first two episodes and didn't like the pacing as the VN features a bit more details why someone acts the way (s)he does. I'm now at what can be called the turning point of the story (end of chapter 12/beginning chapter 13). Favorite character so far is probably Strange Juice (the name's origin is hilarious :D ). Game seems to be rather short though as HLBT lists it as ~12 hours for the main story.

@xFalionx

My memories of Tales of Hearts R are a bit fuzzy so I barely remember anything but overall I felt like the grind wasn't too bad. What I liked is the fact that the one bonus dungeon was a nice challenge.

And keeping one of the bond-trophies is probably the best thing one can do.

@Evil_Joker88

Nice progress. :) I see that you are nearing your 10k trophies milestone. Anything special planned for it?

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I also want to give a small personal update:

I'm playing Punchline (or Punch Line? :dunno:) right now and although the game has some flaws I'm enjoying it. Decided to play this without watching the anime prior or at the same time. I watched the first two episodes and didn't like the pacing as the VN features a bit more details why someone acts the way (s)he does. I'm now at what can be called the turning point of the story (end of chapter 12/beginning chapter 13). Favorite character so far is probably Strange Juice (the name's origin is hilarious :D ). Game seems to be rather short though as HLBT lists it as ~12 hours for the main story.

@xFalionx

My memories of Tales of Hearts R are a bit fuzzy so I barely remember anything but overall I felt like the grind wasn't too bad. What I liked is the fact that the one bonus dungeon was a nice challenge.

And keeping one of the bond-trophies is probably the best thing one can do.

I loved Punch Line - the anime. It was incredibly funny and featured my favorite anime cat besides Sakamoto-san. :D I kinda wish I had the VN so I could give that a play as well.

Spoiler

Cats+source+is+punchline_305240_5542032.

Yeah, I don't think I will have to do much grinding once I'm done with my second story playthrough (probably 2 more hours). Since the leveling feels pretty good and is well paced, I think the only real grind in the game is getting the 6000 grade before starting the second playthrough but I guess I'll see pretty soon. I was kinda disappointed with the arena as the battles don't even give EXP or grade. That kinda takes the fun out of it for me as the battles feel pointless. I also didn't really feel like the secret dungeon was all that challenging but it did feel refreshing compared to the previous dungeons. 

I went back to the Caligula Effect after a break. I'm trying to get my characters to lvl100 for the hardest trophy. The grind is insane. It took me more about two hours to go from lvl61 to lvl64 and then a lvl67 mob insta-killed my MC by exploding right in front of him. And of course, due to massive save glitches, I hadn't saved in a while... I still want to clear this game and I'll probably buy the Overdose version for PS4 when it comes out just to witness the major improvements they made with a bigger budget. If anyone wants to join me in this grindfest, you're welcome :D

3 hours ago, Myu said:

I went back to the Caligula Effect after a break. I'm trying to get my characters to lvl100 for the hardest trophy. The grind is insane. It took me more about two hours to go from lvl61 to lvl64 and then a lvl67 mob insta-killed my MC by exploding right in front of him. And of course, due to massive save glitches, I hadn't saved in a while... I still want to clear this game and I'll probably buy the Overdose version for PS4 when it comes out just to witness the major improvements they made with a bigger budget. If anyone wants to join me in this grindfest, you're welcome :D

So, wanted to ask, what is Caligula effect like?

Heared it is similar to Persona, tempted to buy actually.

10 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Tales of Hearts R is now ready to pop.

Got you updated. Even if you don't have the biggest list you are actually the one who has the most games ready to pop right now. Do you want to use some of them for the japanese birthday as I currently only marked Freedom Wars for it. There's no need to decide but I was just asking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Got you updated. Even if you don't have the biggest list you are actually the one who has the most games ready to pop right now. Do you want to use some of them for the japanese birthday as I currently only marked Freedom Wars for it. There's no need to decide but I was just asking.

That's pretty crazy considering that I've been pretty busy for most of the event so far. I guess that might change towards the end of the event as I don't have that many quick games anymore though I may have another look at Hotline Miami and Resogun in the future. I should also probably decide on a longer game to focus on fairly soon as I still have Oreshika (120+ hours) and Toukiden (200+ hours) on my list of which I'd like to complete at least one.

At the moment I'm only using Freedom Wars since that's a good fit and I'd like to break my previous record of 7 plats on one birthday, so I'm honoring both birthdays but focusing on the western one mostly just because I'll have more time that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Are you still taking sign ups for this? I've wanted to get back to my Vita for a while now, and this should get me interested in playing the backlog there.

Sign-ups are open until the very end. Added to you to the list of participants. :) 

53 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

That's pretty crazy considering that I've been pretty busy for most of the event so far. I guess that might change towards the end of the event as I don't have that many quick games anymore though I may have another look at Hotline Miami and Resogun in the future. I should also probably decide on a longer game to focus on fairly soon as I still have Oreshika (120+ hours) and Toukiden (200+ hours) on my list of which I'd like to complete at least one.

There's two / four months left so there's still enough time for people to catch up.  :P Hotline Miami is quite enjoyable, yet still a bit buggy. I enjoyed the few hours I played Resogun on the Vita but it's surely the inferior version. But putting the focus on one of the longer games is surely the best decision. Even with enough spare time 120 or 200 hours require quite a bunch of weeks. 

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

At the moment I'm only using Freedom Wars since that's a good fit and I'd like to break my previous record of 7 plats on one birthday, so I'm honoring both birthdays but focusing on the western one mostly just because I'll have more time that way.

Good luck with that attempt! :) 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 1:24 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Sign-ups are open until the very end. Added to you to the list of participants. :) 

Fantastic! So, I will definitely plat Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1. I will probably plat some others (although I don't know if I will plat 7 for the 7th b-day), but that is the only one I'll commit to right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Fantastic! So, I will definitely plat Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1. I will probably plat some others (although I don't know if I will plat 7 for the 7th b-day), but that is the only one I'll commit to right now.

The original Hyperdimension had quite a few flaws IMO and using the battle system of mk2/Victory and removing all this S-Rank nonsense for the dungeons surely helped to make Re;Birth 1 a more enjoyable experience. And it's surprisingly severe as it feels like they used less jokes than in other installments. Hope you enjoy it. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm surprised no one's going for God Eater. GE Resurrection is very good. Come on everyone, try it out. GER and GE2 Rage Burst are bundled together.

I watched a gameplay video and I'm 99% sure I'm going to get motion-sickness if I play it. Too bad because it looks interesting. :/

18 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm surprised no one's going for God Eater. GE Resurrection is very good. Come on everyone, try it out. GER and GE2 Rage Burst are bundled together.

I've been looking at God Eater for a while but I'm as broke as one can be, I literally haven't bought a game since spring 2017 and now my PS3 won't play physical games anymore.

I'm always open for donations, though. :awesome:

You can remove me from the list of contestants. Turns out this sort of event is not really for me as I have finished some Vita stuff since it began. I popped the Farming Simulator 14 plat just this morning for example and last weekend did Sound Shapes.

To all the other players, good luck and have fun!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

You can remove me from the list of contestants. Turns out this sort of event is not really for me as I have finished some Vita stuff since it began. I popped the Farming Simulator 14 plat just this morning for example and last weekend did Sound Shapes.

To all the other players, good luck and have fun!

I also platted some Vita-games since the start of the event so don't worry about it. :) 

Nonetheless I removed you from the list of contestants. If you feel like rejoining at a later point feel free to do so!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I've been looking at God Eater for a while but I'm as broke as one can be, I literally haven't bought a game since spring 2017 and now my PS3 won't play physical games anymore.

I'm always open for donations, though. :awesome:

PS3? This is a Vita event :ninja: .

Also, dragons do not donate. We pillage, plunder, and burn :awesome: .

16 hours ago, Myu said:

I watched a gameplay video and I'm 99% sure I'm going to get motion-sickness if I play it. Too bad because it looks interesting. :/

That's indeed too bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

PS3? This is a Vita event :ninja: .

Also, dragons do not donate. We pillage, plunder, and burn :awesome: .

This obviously shows the superiority of the glorious PSVita as I've had that longer than my PS3 and I've never had a problem with it. (Well, besides the memory cards which are more expensive than their weight in gold as well as the inability to switch accounts without too much trouble.) :D 

But what about frost dragons? Those don't burn. I'm starting to question your dragon authority... :hmm:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

This obviously shows the superiority of the glorious PSVita as I've had that longer than my PS3 and I've never had a problem with it. (Well, besides the memory cards which are more expensive than their weight in gold as well as the inability to switch accounts without too much trouble.) :D 

But what about frost dragons? Those don't burn. I'm starting to question your dragon authority... :hmm:

Going back to using memory cards took some time to get used to after playing the PS3 for years, even though I did it for over a decade with the PS1 and PS2.

Frost dragons inflict frostbite, it's a kind of burn... :hmm: .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Going back to using memory cards took some time to get used to after playing the PS3 for years, even though I did it for over a decade with the PS1 and PS2.

Frost dragons inflict frostbite, it's a kind of burn... :hmm: .

It was a lot easier back then because you didn't have to download games and/or updates onto the memory card. I really can't understand why I can't delete a game/its updates without deleting the damn saves. All this micromanaging makes it incredibly annoying to handle and pretty much requires using an external device or PS Plus to back up game saves. At least you don't need twice the space of the download in order to install the game like the PS3 does. Had to upgrade my HDD in order to install R&C:ToD because even if I wiped the PS3 completely I wouldn't have enough space for twice the download size by a couple megabytes. Fun times...

Fair enough, I guess. :dunno: