Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

So, some months later, it seems I will start to have some nice games to plat for this event.

I will participate in the December edition with the following games (they are not ready to pop yet, but I estimate they will be ready):

• Lost Dimension 
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (just a few more unlockables)

Sly 3's platinum is also not far but can't guarantee for the December edition. 

• Like 1

Sign me up for Killzone Mercenary, Octodad Dadliest Catch (no platinum in this one) and Lara Craft Go. Only got Bloodbank trophy left for Killzone. Still got another 2000+ kills left so will try to get it to 200 remaining kills before the Dec event.

If my new Vita arrives on time, then I will be able to acquire the remaining Adhoc trophies for platinuming Disney's Epic Mickey 2 and One Piece Unlimited World Red.

Got loads of Vita games but I prefer to start and finish games at my own pace so no guarantees about Feb event.

• Like 1

Going to pre-emptively have Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version be my game for the JP anniversary event. The last trophy I need is 25 Oni songs cleared, and right now I'm at 22/25 Oni songs cleared (actually 11, but I'm using the trick in the trophy guide), so I'll clear two songs on the fixed score mode and then play one of those on the regular mode to pop the platinum during the time period.

Still undecided on the other date but I'll figure it out as that date gets closer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I will participate in the December edition with the following games (they are not ready to pop yet, but I estimate they will be ready):

• Lost Dimension 
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (just a few more unlockables)

Got you updated with both games. :)

2 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Going to pre-emptively have Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version be my game for the JP anniversary event. The last trophy I need is 25 Oni songs cleared, and right now I'm at 22/25 Oni songs cleared (actually 11, but I'm using the trick in the trophy guide), so I'll clear two songs on the fixed score mode and then play one of those on the regular mode to pop the platinum during the time period.

11 is way more than I would personally be able to handle on Oni-difficulty. When I played Taiko on Vita I already had my problems with the story-mode so the plat was out of reach for me anyway. 

3 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Sign me up for Killzone Mercenary, Octodad Dadliest Catch (no platinum in this one) and Lara Craft Go. Only got Bloodbank trophy left for Killzone. Still got another 2000+ kills left so will try to get it to 200 remaining kills before the Dec event.

Welcome to the event and I added the games to your list. TBH seeing someone adding Killzone: Mercenary as an entry for the japanese birthday feels kinda weird, which is only topped by seeing the left gif in your signature. :D

3 hours ago, ex10097 said:

If my new Vita arrives on time, then I will be able to acquire the remaining Adhoc trophies for platinuming Disney's Epic Mickey 2 and One Piece Unlimited World Red.

Good luck with the adhoc trophies. Personally I think this is the worst kind of multiplayer-trophy a game could add. <_< 

I wished I had noticed this event sooner because I had finished a lot of Japanese games recently, like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, Valkyrie Drive Bhikunni, Monster Monpiece, Mind Zero, SAO Lost Song, Hitman Go, Let's Fish Hooked on and Atelier Rorona Plus. Killzone Mercenary I am very close to platinumming and can't bear to wait until Feb, while Octodad and Lara Craft Go are easy games that can be finished quickly.

I've got loads of other Vita games in my backlog that I kept mass-buying whenever there's a discount in the PSN store, but most of them require both time and effort to platinum. Plus, I promised my friend I would help carry him during December holidays in Ragnarok Odyssey Ace from beginning to end, and my remaining trophies that require 100 coop matches will probably pop in two or three sessions so won't make it in time for the event. We are planning to start playing Freedom Wars coop after ROA, but similarly I don't think I can make it in time for Jap birthday.

Yeah I agree with you about s****y Adhoc trophies. What were the developers thinking adding in that kind of redundant feature with no online multiplayer, that would end up requiring a second Vita in close proximity? Especially if you live somewhere where the Vita is almost a myth lol, making those games an impossible task to platinum.

Ever since I finished Malicious Rebirth, my Vita's left analog stick has been quite wobbly from all those constant dodges lol. Still okay for now but probably can't play any intensive games on it that require moving the left analog stick in rapid succession. Plus it's six years old now so recently, when I saw an almost mint-condition Japanese Vita for a decent price, I immediately ended up buying it.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

11 is way more than I would personally be able to handle on Oni-difficulty. When I played Taiko on Vita I already had my problems with the story-mode so the plat was out of reach for me anyway.

The only thing I remember about the story mode is using the Adol and Rean cards to do a good 50 damage every time they were activated.

Anyway, the game is ready to :platinum:. Finished up the last two songs on Oni so I just need to replay one of those songs on the other mode to finish the game. That shouldn't take long.

4 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Anyway, the game is ready to :platinum:.

Congrats and I got the status updated. :)

13 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Plus it's six years old now so recently, when I saw an almost mint-condition Japanese Vita for a decent price, I immediately ended up buying it.

If it's the model you listed (sapphire blue without that rather ugly black frame around the screen which the Slims have) then you really made a nice purchase as that looks quite nice. ;) 

13 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Plus, I promised my friend I would help carry him during December holidays in Ragnarok Odyssey Ace from beginning to end, and my remaining trophies that require 100 coop matches will probably pop in two or three sessions so won't make it in time for the event. We are planning to start playing Freedom Wars coop after ROA, but similarly I don't think I can make it in time for Jap birthday.

Good luck and fun with that endeavour. Having a reliable partner to tackle such games is surely an enjoyable thing.

I've been playing Tales of Berseria a ton recently and I managed to get the platinum yesterday, so now I don't have to worry about this event conflicting with any milestones. I'm still pretty early on in Persona 4 Golden but I'm confident I'll have it ready before the deadline now I can focus on it. :)

• Like 2

So... An update? I have been stalling Kyoto Winds and currently, I am unsure if I can wrap it up with this pace. But I think I could do it. I just need to stop myself in playing Demon Gaze too much. It's pretty addictive. And no, I... won't... Force skip. I have been wanting Yamazaki route.

On side note, I just wrap up Trails of Cold Steel II so I am thinking of popping that on the 17th as well, and maybe... Even Demon Gaze.

• Like 1

Update...since ages ago or something? Looks I won't make the Japanese anniversary with The Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa as it too grindy to even try to make it so I replace it with

Is the Order a Rabbit?? Wonderful party! and Tokyo Clanpool

They should be easy... maybe

• Like 1

There's a personal update for me, too.

It's unlikely that I will get another game (at least one with a plat) ready for the japanese anniversary as I'm way too sidetracked right now with plat #200 right now. So besides Punch Line I will probably only try to get the both Hatofuls ready to pop, which I still have to start, too. <_< 

Oh and just a small reminder:
There's only two weeks left until the japanese anniversary.

And like mentioned in the OP, every Vita-game you will pop between December 16th 2018, 12:00pm GMT and December 18th 2018, 12:00pm GMT will be eligible.

Most users already have submitted their plans for the japanese anniversary, no matter if they want to to participate or not. But there's still a few that joined and haven't mentioned a game for any of two dates. Those who are now tagged can see it as a small reminder that they are part of the event. It doesn't mean that you have to submit any game for the japanese anniversary.

@Aze @Bos10George @DamagingRob @Deadpool--Rik @Devil_Max @DrHambone @Dragon-Archon @DragonQuest238 @Edunstar84 @Kishnabe @Kittet3 @Lovelost6rw @Metal Slime King @Satoshi Ookami (where are thou?) @sutayu00 @UItimate_Battler @vanillamoose

On 9/14/2018 at 0:27 PM, Bos10George said:

I will probably be on my 2nd or 3rd Neptunia by then. Sign me up.

I'll be honest, I totally forgot about this. However, I am in fact on my 3rd Neptunia game and the timing should line up perfectly for the Japanese anniversary! So my offer will be Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation.

Edited by Bos10George
  • Like 1

Farming Simulator 18 is taking me a while so rather than rushing through it, I'll add that to my list. Western birthday as with the ones I already have. Was planning on adding another game to my list anyway as seven games is more fitting considering it's for the 7th anniversary so that actually works out well for me :)

• Like 1

Huge post-KYC update

Got another bunch of games ready for the Japanese anniversary, even though some of them don't really fit all that well but they're all PSPlus games and my Plus won't last until the western anniversary, so I'm just gonna pop them all on the 17th.

L4e9b2e.png

A fun physics based puzzle game that has you manipulate gravity in order to progress through the game. I really love the surreal art style as well as the constant addition of new mechanics throughout the game that sometimes completely change up the way you have to approach a certain situation or simply add another layer of obstacles to toy around with.

I did play the game on PS3 for about 10 minutes in order to compare the differences in how the game handles on both consoles and because it made me have a bit of an easier time getting one of my final trophies. The only thing left for me to do is complete one last level with a certain restriction that shouldn't cause too much trouble and I'll get my 100%.

L937613.png

I'm guessing most people in this thread will know about this already but it's definitely much deeper than the looks might make it seem. The only thing left for me to do is skip through the last few lines of the final route (I ended up watching the end on YouTube) then I'll have yet another 100% title.

Lca7015.png

Very quick plat but it definitely gets tiresome repeating most of the story numerous times in order to see all endings, which aren't really all that special either. I found this one to be fun during the first couple playthroughs, though. Overall it's a nice little artistic game but I wish they would have gone for a longer linear game instead of an incredibly short branching storyline.

Missing one more ending for the plat, ETA: 15 minutes.

I'm currently working on finishing both 2064: Read Only Memories and Spy Chameleon for the Japanese anniversary, although I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to finish 2064 in time since the Vita version seems to be a little troublesome when it comes to obtaining certain trophies in this game. If I do manage to complete the game, I'll likely make this my main Japanese plat and move Freedom Wars back to the western anniversary but we'll see how that turns out.

• Like 1

I'm taking a break from BroCon and I came back to Grand Kingdom for the SeaTK event. I'm really all over the place, too many games to play, too little time to do everything :P . If the RNG gods are nice to me, I'll probably add Grand Kingdom to the Western birthday list.

In the meantime, can you add Word Search by POWGI to my (western) list? Thanks!

• Like 1