crimsonidol38

Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

821 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Myu said:

In the meantime, can you add Word Search by POWGI to my (western) list? Thanks!

 

Added it to your list. And good luck with the RNGods. And if there's any problem, just complain about in the status messages and will surely resolve itself. :D

 

7 hours ago, hsn963 said:

Well then, Three Plats are ready for popping [ Cosmic Heroine, Clair & Criminal girls 2 ], by the Japanese anniversary, Will try for a 4th one, hopefully.

Please add Tales of Hearts R & Valkyrie Drive to my Western anniversary list.

 

Congrats. :) And good luck and patience with the grind in VD. 

 

8 minutes ago, JaM said:

Well, it's official, Demon Gaze's plat is now ready to pop on 17th along with ToCS2. Hopefully I can work now on Hakuoki and wrap it up before 17th.

 

That was quick. :o Seems like you had quite some luck with the Muramasas as I heard there's some randomness involved to their drops.

Edited by Crimson Idol
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's official, Demon Gaze's plat is now ready to pop on 17th along with ToCS2. Hopefully I can work now on Hakuoki and wrap it up before 17th.

Edited by JaM
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

That was quick. :o Seems like you had quite some luck with the Muramasas as I heard there's some randomness involved to their drops.

Well if you consider 10~ hours of attempt is lucky then I am indeed lucky xDThe RNG is the only downside for me in the game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JaM said:

Well if you consider 10~ hours of attempt is lucky then I am indeed lucky xD

 

Oh... ehm... well, it's still faster than 20+ hours. :D I just had a quick glance at the trophy log and assumed that you the time between the trophy for Quasar and the Muramasa-related ones is quite quick, but I assumed there was a break of a few hours in between. But nice to hear that it's the only downside. ^_^

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaM said:

Well, it's official, Demon Gaze's plat is now ready to pop on 17th along with ToCS2. Hopefully I can work now on Hakuoki and wrap it up before 17th.

 

Would you mind sharing info about your end-game team?

I'm right before the last boss and I can go as far as his second transformation but not much farther than that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Myu said:

 

Would you mind sharing info about your end-game team?

I'm right before the last boss and I can go as far as his second transformation but not much farther than that.

I followed hasegawa's party in the guide. I also had problem with Luna and Sol. Turns out my StR and Vit based Assassin is useless. My final party was:

-STR based Gazer(Having True snipe is very useful + Jupiter Bane and Demon Rage)

-VIT based Paladin(Devotion every turn)

-MYS based Healer(Holy Shield and Fast Cast > Multi-Hit

-STR based Ranger(True Snipe + Jupiter Bane as well)

-LUC and SPD based Assassin(Hide and Cross Fix)

 

The key IMO is to make sure the Assassin's Cross fix to not miss esp on first turn. So my Gazer and Ranger and Mars is the only one dealing damage. Paladin getting damage most of time in case Cross Fix failed. Healer alternately doing Holy Shield and Multi-Hit. Assassin Hide > Cross Fix. Also, I thought it was difficulty spike so I switched to Easy difficulty on final boss battles T_T. 

 

I had an extra Sneak attack and Cross Fix so I put it in my Healer just to backup Cross Fix but I rarely used it. Hope it helps and good luck. Feel free to ask and hopefully I could help while I still remember most of stuffs in the game.

 

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

 

Oh... ehm... well, it's still faster than 20+ hours. :D I just had a quick glance at the trophy log and assumed that you the time between the trophy for Quasar and the Muramasa-related ones is quite quick, but I assumed there was a break of a few hours in between. But nice to hear that it's the only downside. ^_^

For some strange reason, I had problem defeating Sol v2 so I thought I was under leveled so I stalled Quasar and I spent some time trying to get the 2 super rare katanas(that I didn't used btw, I don't have Samurai) , after few hours of no katanas and maxed weapon for my Gazer, I tried again. I thought Cross Fix doesn't work on Sol but turns out, I was just unlucky <_< Aside from that, I really enjoyed the game. Probably the best dungeon crawler I've played in PSN so far.

Edited by JaM
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Myu said:

 

Would you mind sharing info about your end-game team?

I'm right before the last boss and I can go as far as his second transformation but not much farther than that.

 

You can try reversing your formation (putting back liners on front lines and front liners on back line) so that when your formation gets reversed, you don't need to fix it with Whistle for the whole fight! For Sol, make sure you take out all the demons they summon quickly, otherwise if you get really unlucky and Sol summons three demons, then you've pretty much lost the fight.

 

If you have a Fighter, then equip them with Dual Wield/God's Arms and True Snipe, to get the strongest damage dealer in the game! Their 7 hit attack after concentrating, combined with 2 powerful weapons plus some stats in accuracy after maxing out strength, means you can spam insane damage repeatedly, making both Sol and Quasar a complete joke. If your accuracy isn't that high, then you could try giving them the Jupiter Bane artifact. If you don't have Fighter, then give those artifacts to max STR Gazer instead.

 

Another tactic to use is to put only Paladin in front line and the rest in backline. That way most single target attacks will only go for Paladin who's always defending, plus one of their passives allows them a high chance of taking a hit for a backliner. There are artifacts that allows attacks from any range so put those on front liners as you put them in backline. This is quite the cheating formation though so only use it if you are having a hard time. There are many different strategies depending on your team composition though. Like Fighters are the best damage dealers, Samurai are great at clearing out mobs, Mages learn powerful spells near endgame and can also double as a healer with the right artifacts, Assassins can stun bosses and stop them from attacking! Never used Rangers so can't say much about them. No matter what team you have, it is vital to ALWAYS include Paladin and Healer, or you're gonna have a hard time against a lot of bosses.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my Vita, play it everyday when I wake up in the morning, and would love to join. February is still a few months away... (This is also my first event so I hope I won't screw everything up in the process! Eek!)

 

No games decided as of right now, working on a decided plat 100 right now, but am I correct in reading that this is sort of like a plat/100% pop extravaganza? Work all the way up to the final 1-2 trophies for the plat and finish it off during the designated times for the Vita's birthday? Even if that's not the case, I want to celebrate my Vita as much as I can.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redknightalex said:

No games decided as of right now, working on a decided plat 100 right now, but am I correct in reading that this is sort of like a plat/100% pop extravaganza? Work all the way up to the final 1-2 trophies for the plat and finish it off during the designated times for the Vita's birthday? Even if that's not the case, I want to celebrate my Vita as much as I can.

 

Yep, that's correct.

Welcome to the event and may I ask what you have planned for the #100?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so the plat for Lost Dimension is ready. Just need to defeat the boss and get the True Ending and the plat is mine. My team is all ready to overpower him, haha!

This weekend I might unlock the items that are left in Senran Kagura. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ex10097 said:

 

You can try reversing your formation (putting back liners on front lines and front liners on back line) so that when your formation gets reversed, you don't need to fix it with Whistle for the whole fight! For Sol, make sure you take out all the demons they summon quickly, otherwise if you get really unlucky and Sol summons three demons, then you've pretty much lost the fight.

 

If you have a Fighter, then equip them with Dual Wield/God's Arms and True Snipe, to get the strongest damage dealer in the game! Their 7 hit attack after concentrating, combined with 2 powerful weapons plus some stats in accuracy after maxing out strength, means you can spam insane damage repeatedly, making both Sol and Quasar a complete joke. If your accuracy isn't that high, then you could try giving them the Jupiter Bane artifact. If you don't have Fighter, then give those artifacts to max STR Gazer instead.

 

Another tactic to use is to put only Paladin in front line and the rest in backline. That way most single target attacks will only go for Paladin who's always defending, plus one of their passives allows them a high chance of taking a hit for a backliner. There are artifacts that allows attacks from any range so put those on front liners as you put them in backline. This is quite the cheating formation though so only use it if you are having a hard time. There are many different strategies depending on your team composition though. Like Fighters are the best damage dealers, Samurai are great at clearing out mobs, Mages learn powerful spells near endgame and can also double as a healer with the right artifacts, Assassins can stun bosses and stop them from attacking! Never used Rangers so can't say much about them. No matter what team you have, it is vital to ALWAYS include Paladin and Healer, or you're gonna have a hard time against a lot of bosses.

 

Thanks for the advice! I had to restart the game from scratch since my first run was kind of a mess and I was going nowhere. I checked my most recent save file and I'm currently in Neptune's cell. I have a Paladin in the front row, Gazer, Assassin, Healer and Ranger in the back row. I'm going to change my Ranger for a Fighter to increase DPS. I need to farm artifacts too. The only ones I got are Fast Cast, Mars Bane and True Snipe and that's clearly not enough for the final boss.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, my Vita arrived the other day so i would like to sign up. Doing Sine Mora hopefully:D 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Ok, so the plat for Lost Dimension is ready. Just need to defeat the boss and get the True Ending and the plat is mine. My team is all ready to overpower him, haha!

This weekend I might unlock the items that are left in Senran Kagura. 

Got you updated!

 

8 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Awesome, my Vita arrived the other day so i would like to sign up. Doing Sine Mora hopefully:D 

 

Welcome to the event! And doing Sine Mora surely seems like an ambitious goal. Good luck with that! :D 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are looking good for 2064:ROM, I managed to get the hardest trophies today so now the only thing left for me to do is complete X more playthroughs (X = [amount of crashes] + 1) and a couple endings that branch off at the end of said playthrough(s). Since the game so far only crashed twice for me, I'm hoping X will be less than 3 or ideally 1. It's pretty annoying that a single crash can set you back 6 or more hours if it happens towards the end of the game and it certainly doesn't help that skipping text in this game is a crawl. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 4:04 AM, Crimson Idol said:

 

Yep, that's correct.

Welcome to the event and may I ask what you have planned for the #100?

 

Mass Effect 3 😀 Been planning it for a while now, just took me a few years to get from #50 (Mass Effect 1) to today.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

L320ea7.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 5/10

 

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is ready to go for the Japanese date! This top-down turn based strategy/visual novel game is quirky to say the least. On the overall I found the game great: the story wrapped up nicely after some great twists, I like the art style during story elements, & the combat was rewarding (after I figured it out). But conversely it’s held back by poor tutorials & heavy RNG elements. It’s not a game I’d readily recommend to people, but at the same time I’d like to see more people play & finish the game as I hardly think it should hold an UR rarity on this site. The good does outweigh the bad elements.

 

Well this means I have to go back to X-2 (cringing at how bad I am at the combat now). I won’t start Trails of Cold Steel until I’m on vacation at the end of the month or just after New Year’s as I’d like to set aside a fair amount of my undivided time to dig into this long RPG.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, 2 crashes and a wasted Saturday later, I've managed to bump my X up to 3. I guess I'll call it quits for this weekend as I'm not gonna have the time for a full playthrough tomorrow and the game won't let me switch to my alarm clock while it's running. I'm currently weighing off wether or not I should just finish one more normal playthrough so I don't have to worry about picking the right dialogue choices anymore and can just ignore the game except for the sparse gameplay sections. I'm pretty sure I've never felt this discouraged about a platinum trophy, just because I know that getting to the end in one setting is nowhere near hard to accomplish but it's completely reliant on RNG as the game crashes so frequently and it's all the more disheartening if it happens two thirds into the game.

 

I'll have another go at it next weekend but if I don't get it done before the anniversary, I'm probably just gonna wait until I have a PS4 one day because the game doesn't seem to crash on there. I guess I'll force myself through a few more Spy Chameleon levels in the mean time, at least that plat is skill reliant.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got 5 platinums ready to pop: Killzone Mercenary, Lara Craft Go, Octodad (No platinum), Epic Mickey 2, One Piece Unlimited World Red and Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Edited by ex10097
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crimson Idol It's One Piece Unlimited World Red not Pirate Warriors 2

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.12.2018 at 2:59 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is ready to go for the Japanese date!

 

Nice to see that you were able to get everything else done and even do the 50 wins in that one minigame. :D

13 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I'll have another go at it next weekend but if I don't get it done before the anniversary, I'm probably just gonna wait until I have a PS4 one day because the game doesn't seem to crash on there.

 

Sorry to hear that you have to experience such problems with the game. Hearing about such crashes when there's a trophy that doesn't allow you to die or reload a save is kinda shitty. Personally I'm glad that I just wiped my Vita right when I realized that I wouldn't enjoy 2064 after reaching the beginning of chapter 2. Even if I'm not too worried abut my completion rate (heck, there's a whole bunch of games I will never play again), it's still nice if I'm not constantly reminded that I played this game. Hope you will have less problems with Spy Chameleon.

 

2 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Got 5 platinums ready to pop: Killzone Mercenary, Lara Craft Go, Octodad (No platinum), Epic Mickey 2, One Piece Unlimited World Red and Senran Kagura Estival Versus

 

10 minutes ago, ex10097 said:

@Crimson Idol It's One Piece Unlimited World Red not Pirate Warriors 2

 

Congrats on the overall progress and thanks for the heads-up. When I entered One Piece into the entry-list I use to manage everything the autocompletion gave me Pirate Warriors and I didn't notice that it wasn't that game. 😅

 

 

 

On a personal note:
I started playing Hatoful Boyfriend a few days ago and honestly I don't feel like this is a VN I will enjoy at all. It's not about it's quirkiness as I don't mind more obscure VN-settings but I didn't feel like it was an enjoyable read as there was barely any progression and the few routes I read felt way too rushed. Not to forget that the lack of standard features like a text-backlog or the possibility to only skip already read lines (and not all lines) combined with the choppy animations and the distorted sounds don't really help to raise the expectation.

Therefor I will remove both Hatofuls from my list for the japanese anniversary and instead I will focus a bit more on the NA-stack for Cosmic Star Heroine.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add Jack and Jill DX, Fullblast and super destronaut to my list all 3 will be ready to pop today. In terms of my other games, so close on FFX and criminal girls 1. Mind:zero has taken a bit of a step back at the moment while I focus on Totori but the release of Spyro, Fallout 76 and TLR: Remastered has slown me down a bit. Looking to be fun steam ahead after Christmas though 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Malachen said:

I'd like to add Jack and Jill DX, Fullblast and super destronaut to my list all 3 will be ready to pop today.

 

Got your list updated. And I can understand the slowdown. For me the last few weeks were rather busy with Spyro and right now I'm enjoying my time with Ride 3. :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1544399743-2018-12-08-151230.jpg

 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss!

The RNG gods have finally granted me the Support Skill "Short Sights"!!

(it just took me 50 hours...)

 

Now, I'm only missing 15 trophies, all URs and most of them in the 1.xx% category.

But I'm still happy! :D

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding a game to my list!  I know I've been quiet for a long time but I've just been grinding away on games, haha.

I'm adding Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight.  Maybe P5 too, we'll see how fast I get to the one trophy left stage.

 

@Myu How was the Callgiula Effect?  I've been going back and forth on purchasing that one.

Edited by Alternatewarning
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Adding a game to my list!  I know I've been quiet for a long time but I've just been grinding away on games, haha.

I'm adding Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight.  Maybe P5 too, we'll see how fast I get to the one trophy left stage.

 

@Myu How was the Callgiula Effect?  I've been going back and forth on purchasing that one.

 

I would recommend to wait for the PS4 version which is, hopefully, better than what they did on Vita.

I enjoyed the story and I really liked the characters, especially Shougo, but the battles are stupidly long, boring and tedious for very little xp. And there's the save glitch too that makes it very risky to save in dungeons (and some dungeons are quite lengthy). The only safe option was to go back to the school entrance, save, and do it all over again. The game crashed a few times too, making me lose two to three hours of progress. It was kind of stressful.

But I'm still planning on buying it and playing it again on PS4 :D

 

How is P3 DiM? I didn't get a chance to play it yet but I hope it's a little better than P4D DaN. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.