Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

Good work so far everybody! :yay:

As I'm not near my computer right now I won't be able to update everyone's list right now except @Cave_Johnson_ and @ex10097, whom I already updated yesterday evening while stalking taking a look at their profile. :ninja:

22 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Anyway, this game is a lot better than I remember it being? Maybe I've completely lost my mind; I'm not sure. I was very critical of Estival Versus when I first played it. It's hard to believe it has been over two years since then. I'll try to do a proper write-up in the most recent platinum thread later on. 

Don't know how you felt exactly two years ago but maybe you had some high expectations that weren't fulfilled. When I played Estival Versus I also felt quite underwhelmed as it was less enjoyable for me than Shinovi Versus.

19 hours ago, Myu said:

20 games before the end of February seems like quite a challenge to me but I'll try anyway. After Grand Kingdom is ready, I'll go back to a few simpler/shorter games. 

Good luck with that. Getting 20 games done in about 2 months is quite a challenge but it should be doable if you find the proper games, Some enjoyable and short games that would come to my mind would be Reverie, the two Go-games (Hitman and Lara Croft, although Hitman feels more enjoyable for me), Cosmic Star Heroine, Punch Line, Late Shift (hey have to name at least one PS4-game :giggle: ).

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

Okay, seems like I got everyone updated so far. If anyone notices a mistake in his/her list of games or feels like a game is missing from the overall list in this post just @ me:

There's a little more than 17 hours left and so far 21 users finished a total of 49 games but there's a few more to come as some users seem to be in the progess of popping their games. Great work everyone! :) 

All 8 platinum trophies were unlocked on certain order especially Rayman Legends as 165th milestone (Mostly because of  the infamous online trophy)  for this anniversary finally.  Also...don´t forget me  ( Hey you Stalker-san from my profile)  you may now remove Squareboy vs Bullies from the list  since I´m not really feeling it...  I rather  save next slot for another game before a 170th milestone. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't know how you felt exactly two years ago but maybe you had some high expectations that weren't fulfilled. When I played Estival Versus I also felt quite underwhelmed as it was less enjoyable for me than Shinovi Versus.

That's a good observation; I hadn't thought of that. The first time I played it was shortly after Shinovi Versus. I remember it feeling like a downgrade in almost every way. This time, however, the most recent SK game I played before this was Peach Beach Splash. That's undoubtedly my least favorite game in the series, so I guess it's not surprising that Estival Versus seems so much better in comparison.

I have a few questions about God Eater Resurrection (this isn't directed at you, since you don't seem to have it on your list):

Are any trophies missable? This seems like the kind of game where it'd be a pain in the ass to miss something.

I doubt it, but any online trophies? I'd probably get those out of the way first, assuming they exist at all.

3 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

That's a good observation; I hadn't thought of that. The first time I played it was shortly after Shinovi Versus. I remember it feeling like a downgrade in almost every way. This time, however, the most recent SK game I played before this was Peach Beach Splash. That's undoubtedly my least favorite game in the series, so I guess it's not surprising that Estival Versus seems so much better in comparison.

I have a few questions about God Eater Resurrection (this isn't directed at you, since you don't seem to have it on your list):

Are any trophies missable? This seems like the kind of game where it'd be a pain in the ass to miss something.

I doubt it, but any online trophies? I'd probably get those out of the way first, assuming they exist at all.

Nope no online trophies and no missables either. But there is a trophy for using the same weapon type 500 times so keep using the same type of gun or weapon until trophy pops. I recommend going with the Blast gun as it is the only gun that allows you to store oracle cells as a reserve, allowing you to use some really OP bullets that would be impossible to use with any other gun due to their cost. There are Urgent Missions that randomly show up and you need to complete a hundred of them for trophy but since these missions give you rare materials you will be completing them anyway. 3 part Survival missions will count as 3 Urgent Missions done. You also need to upgrade/buy to get a set of rank 14 equipment for all 13 types: Short, Long and Buster Blade; Scythe, Hammer and Spear (from GE2RB but I don't recommend using these much as they have limited upgrades); Sniper, Assault, Blast and Shotgun; Buckler, Shield and Tower Shield.

You need to complete a Perilous Challenge mission. Option to add difficulty modifiers will unlock after you finish story. You just need to complete any mission with +1 difficulty but if you want a harder challenge try +99 where a single mob can oneshot your character lol. You also need to complete a 3part Urgent Mission on the Highest Difficulty alone. Once you have good Rank 14 equipment and Urgent mission become available, there will be 3 rank 14 survival missions. Pick the one that appeals to you and go at it solo. Probably one of your last trophies and not that difficult considering your skill level at that point.

The game itself isn't that difficult until you get to two turning points much further in the story. One of them is a fight with the Corrosive Hannibal in a very narrow space and you only have 1 ally. It can be a very difficult but doable fight. Instead of attacking recklessly and expecting your teammates to heal/revive you now you gotta learn to play defensively and slowly whittle down its health. Or you can be completely reckless like me and go attacking it like crazy while using up all your healing items. This was the final story battle in God Eater Burst on PSP, and I somehow won on my first try with such an aggressive strategy but ran out of healing items completely lol. Playing this battle again on Resurrection allowed me to win it easily cuz I'm already experienced but the new Resurrection Arc adds one really insane final story battle.

I managed to clear most missions without too much difficulty due to my days of playing GEB on PSP, but GER adds a new monster called Arius Nova which completely wrecked me! You fight in a limited area, but still way bigger than Corrosive Hannibal fight, and get 3 allies but still super difficult! That fellow is like a super upgraded Dyaus Pita whose attacks cover practically the whole screen and is super fast and really aggressive to boot. There is a really cheap way of winning this fight by using Shotgun and a specific bullet. Use a Stun grenade and get up to his face and keep firing away. Keep using Stun grenades to keep him in check while drinking medicine to restore your Oracle cells, and eventually boss will go down fast. I still beat Arius Nova legitimately though. Just gotta learn his movement patterns and keep defending whenever he's attacking and not that difficult, but kinda annoying that the boss's hitbox is actually greater than his animation would suggest. My other two allies were knocked out but Soma somehow managed to last until end. Truly a guy who will grow on you as you keep progressing through story. The Dyaus Pitas in this game are from the anime, but you can still fight GEB's ver. of Dyaus Pita in a mission called Heavenly Emperor. I liked how they added Lenka's face and weapons from anime, and used them frequently. Except for the gun since I prefer Blast. Overall a fun game and I eventually plan to get started on GE2RB but playing Dragon's Crown atm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Nope no online trophies and no missables either. But there is a trophy for using the same weapon type 500 times so keep using the same type of gun or weapon until trophy pops. I recommend going with the Blast gun as it is the only gun that allows you to store oracle cells as a reserve, allowing you to use some really OP bullets that would be impossible to use with any other gun due to their cost. There are Urgent Missions that randomly show up and you need to complete a hundred of them for trophy but since these missions give you rare materials you will be completing them anyway. 3 part Survival missions will count as 3 Urgent Missions done. You also need to upgrade/buy to get a set of rank 14 equipment for all 13 types: Short, Long and Buster Blade; Scythe, Hammer and Spear (from GE2RB but I don't recommend using these much as they have limited upgrades); Sniper, Assault, Blast and Shotgun; Buckler, Shield and Tower Shield.

You need to complete a Perilous Challenge mission. Option to add difficulty modifiers will unlock after you finish story. You just need to complete any mission with +1 difficulty but if you want a harder challenge try +99 where a single mob can oneshot your character lol. You also need to complete a 3part Urgent Mission on the Highest Difficulty alone. Once you have good Rank 14 equipment and Urgent mission become available, there will be 3 rank 14 survival missions. Pick the one that appeals to you and go at it solo. Probably one of your last trophies and not that difficult considering your skill level at that point.

The game itself isn't that difficult until you get to two turning points much further in the story. One of them is a fight with the Corrosive Hannibal in a very narrow space and you only have 1 ally. It can be a very difficult but doable fight. Instead of attacking recklessly and expecting your teammates to heal/revive you now you gotta learn to play defensively and slowly whittle down its health. Or you can be completely reckless like me and go attacking it like crazy while using up all your healing items. This was the final story battle in God Eater Burst on PSP, and I somehow won on my first try with such an aggressive strategy but ran out of healing items completely lol. Playing this battle again on Resurrection allowed me to win it easily cuz I'm already experienced but the new Resurrection Arc adds one really insane final story battle.

I managed to clear most missions without too much difficulty due to my days of playing GEB on PSP, but GER adds a new monster called Arius Nova which completely wrecked me! You fight in a limited area, but still way bigger than Corrosive Hannibal fight, and get 3 allies but still super difficult! That fellow is like a super upgraded Dyaus Pita whose attacks cover practically the whole screen and is super fast and really aggressive to boot. There is a really cheap way of winning this fight by using Shotgun and a specific bullet. Use a Stun grenade and get up to his face and keep firing away. Keep using Stun grenades to keep him in check while drinking medicine to restore your Oracle cells, and eventually boss will go down fast. I still beat Arius Nova legitimately though. Just gotta learn his movement patterns and keep defending whenever he's attacking and not that difficult, but kinda annoying that the boss's hitbox is actually greater than his animation would suggest. My other two allies were knocked out but Soma somehow managed to last until end. Truly a guy who will grow on you as you keep progressing through story. The Dyaus Pitas in this game are from the anime, but you can still fight GEB's ver. of Dyaus Pita in a mission called Heavenly Emperor. I liked how they added Lenka's face and weapons from anime, and used them frequently. Except for the gun since I prefer Blast. Overall a fun game and I eventually plan to get started on GE2RB but playing Dragon's Crown atm.

Wow, thanks for all the information. It's good to hear that there are no missables or online trophies. I'm not too worried about the difficulty. I mean, I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked, but I'm persistent — if nothing else. Oh, and I forgot to mention, but I just bought the game on ebay (the Vita version, of course). It'll probably be a while before it gets here, though.