Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

Decided to add a few games to my own list:

Gravity Rush

Still need to finish a few DLC-challenges as I couldn't be bothered by them when playing back in 2012/2013. It will be kinda tough as I'm not used to the Vita-controls anymore (and I personally think that the PS4-controls are far superior) but I want to give it a try nonetheless. It's more likely for me to finish this than to find the motivation to tackle a game like FF X right now. ?

Hitman Go

Was curious to give Hitman and Lara Croft a try. Finished Lara Croft a few weeks ago I thought it was okay. Hitman Go on the other side is way more enjoyable for me as it doesn't have such atrocious loading times and has a nicer artstyle. Not to forget that it doesn't feature annoying collectibles placed in the background. 

London Detective Mysteria

Played the demo (which features the prologue) and it caught my interest so I decided to buy it. 

Word Search by POWGI

I'm quite surprised but I'm really enjoying my time with this one. Some of the puns are cringeworthy but others are hilarious. Surely an enjoyable game to play in short bursts.

Word Sudoku by POWGI

Trophy-wise Sudoku is much easier than Search, but it takes way longer to solve the Sudokus for me than finding all words, so I might take the short route and do mostly the ones needed for the trophies. Luckily you can switch to number-mode or I would be screwed. xD 

Might also add some other games like forma.8 which is currently on sale (and looks quite tempting) or some old games like Super Stardust Delta or Flower. But not for now.

7 hours ago, kkchan0323 said:

I joined vita's 5th anniversaary so I join again.

I'll update game list later. Feeling dried of my lists.

Welcome back. :) Got you added to the list of participants.

@kkchan0323 and @ex10097

Got the games added to your lists. :) 

4 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Is it worth getting Punchline for £15? I've heard some mixed reviews about this game

Personally I enjoyed my time with it, although I have to say that it's a fairly short VN. I guess it's best to describe it as a mix between the Zero Escape-games and something like Senran Kagura.

Zero Escape because the game features (much simpler) puzzles similar to the escape rooms where you have to interact with specific objects and Senran Kagura because it contains some fanservice (although it's quite tame overall) and has a rather comedic story approach. You might want to watch the first episode of the anime as the game is an enhanced version of the anime AFAIK and it features various scenes from it (like the opening scene with the bus). It should be good to give an impression whether you will like the style or not. Story of the game is much more fleshed out, though.

And I don't know if you care about physical versions but if you want to take the safe route you might want to grab that one, e.g. from VGP.ca. It's about 23 pounds there and if you don't like it you still would have the possibility to sell it:

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/punchline-bonus-art-book-included-vita-plus-points-free-shipping-p-26145.html

I've decided to buy Punchline along with a few other games: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (already played the original on PSP but recently felt the urge to play it again then Danganronpa 2 and V3), Megatagmension Blanc (Decided not to buy Hyperdevotion Noire as game seems really grindy), Resident Evil 2 and One Piece Burning Blood, with their prices coming down to about £40. Right now I'm going to start the Utawararerumono games soon, with Mask of Truth intended to be my 100th platinum

• Like 1

Lc6ad0c.png

Enjoyment: 9/10
Difficulty: 4/10

It's official: both Final Fantasy games on the vita are ready to pop! If I hadn't already finished World of Final Fantasy it'd be a sweet triple theme. Last trophy will be clearing the Last Mission mini game. I love dungeon crawlers so LM was my favorite part. I'm a few floors under the 80th with an over-powered setup, should only take a few minutes to have the Founder send me to the boss & he'll be toast in a few turns.

I know I put both games down as 9/10 for enjoyment, but in reality FFX-2 > FFX. FF games always have quirky leveling systems & I never got the hang of the sphere grids on the PS2 (before we all looked up guides). The garment grids in X-2 are much simpler to level. Though because of the battle system in X-2 it's less accessible to return to an old save. I'd recommend a party of Mascot (Yuna), Dark Knight (Rikku), & Gunner (Paine) for a balanced attack/healing/defense team that can make it through most of the oversoul grind without trouble. If anyone else goes for this plat.

Well Trails of Cold Steel is on deck. Haven't actually played yet but I figured I'd sync the list & save an update trip when you check off X-2.

• Like 2

I'm only missing one trophy in Project Diva f now. I just have to watch the video of the last song. Maybe I'll go back and finish X now... but damn, the grind is unbearably boring.

Also I'd like to add Bullet Girls 2 and God Eater Resurrection to my list. I already have Bullet Girls 2, and will probably start it soon. I'm still waiting on God Eater to arrive, though.

• Like 3

Grand Kingdom *ready to pop*

Last action needed : get the Valkyrie Amy to learn Short Sights.

I had a lot of fun with this game. It was kinda difficult to understand what you were supposed to do and how you were supposed to do it at first but once you got the hang of it, it was easier to play and it was very entertaining to go to war against other teams. Very grindy, relies a lot on RNG. I'll try to pop it as my #150 plat.

Word Sudoku by Powgi *ready to pop*

Last action needed : solve the "Champions" sudoku

A great way to release your Grand Kingdom frustration.

Word Search by Powgi *ready to pop*

Last action needed : Solve a puzzle, finding the words in length order.

This one took longer than Word Sudoku but a very fast plat compared to the 100+ hours spent in Grand Kindgom.

And now, I can finally play something else!

• Like 4

OK a bit of an update:

Child of Light- *ready to pop* (100%)

Criminal Girls 2- *ready to pop*

Rayman Origins- *ready to pop*

Rayman Legends- *ready to pop*

Color Guardians- *ready to pop* (kinda- I didn't leave an easy trophy for me)

I'm working on a few others so I can at least get 7 for the 7th anniversary, but nothing else is too close.

• Like 4

I'm back home so I'm finally able to update everything.

On 26.12.2018 at 2:23 AM, cerafinn said:

I’ve been debating on whether or not to for a while. Sign me up—I’ll add games later.

Welcome to the event! Got you added to the participants.

On 26.12.2018 at 6:26 PM, ElysiumDragonfly said:

I'm new to the community but I'd like to try ~ 

I can update this later, but the game I know for sure I want to plat is Mind=0. Oh my goodness I am so tired of having that game clog up space on my vita memory card LMAO. 

Welcome to you, too. And I hope you will keep your sanity while playing Mind Zero and don't want to enter the elysian fields yet. :giggle:

Didn't hear good things about the game.

On 26.12.2018 at 5:59 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Lc6ad0c.png

Enjoyment: 9/10
Difficulty: 4/10

It's official: both Final Fantasy games on the vita are ready to pop! 
Well Trails of Cold Steel is on deck. Haven't actually played yet but I figured I'd sync the list & save an update trip when you check off X-2.

Good work with that. Never really played FF X-2 but it also felt like I would enjoy it much more than X as the whole system with the dresspheres sounds quite similar to the job system of FF3 (the FF 3 that was released on NES) or 5. Still haven't found motivation to go back to X to be honest.

On 27.12.2018 at 8:21 AM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I'm only missing one trophy in Project Diva f now. I just have to watch the video of the last song. Maybe I'll go back and finish X now... but damn, the grind is unbearably boring.

Also I'd like to add Bullet Girls 2 and God Eater Resurrection to my list. I already have Bullet Girls 2, and will probably start it soon. I'm still waiting on God Eater to arrive, though.

Congrats with the (at it seems to me) quick progress on Hatsune Miku and got the new games added to your list. 

20 hours ago, Myu said:

And now, I can finally play something else!

How about Chaos;Child? :P Nah, just kidding. Hope you found a few enjoyable games during the current sale.

11 hours ago, Cisele80 said:

OK a bit of an update:

Child of Light- *ready to pop* (100%)

Criminal Girls 2- *ready to pop*

Rayman Origins- *ready to pop*

Rayman Legends- *ready to pop*

Color Guardians- *ready to pop* (kinda- I didn't leave an easy trophy for me)

I'm working on a few others so I can at least get 7 for the 7th anniversary, but nothing else is too close.

Nice progress! Got the games added to your list. And I can't judge the open trophy for Color Guardians as I haven't played the game myself but it sounds doable, considering the fact that you can play the level at anytime via the main menu.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone, been awhile since my last update (Which I think was the one where I posted my list) but I come with some good news. I now have room to download all the Vita games I've ever bought :D 

Spoiler

zPFxFVV.jpg

Now that I have full access to my Vita Library, I wanted to give you guys an update on my progress and change a few things on my list. First off, I don't think I'll be able to complete Civ Revolution 2 in time for the event (Too much to do, not enough time) or Drive Girls (Rarely play it, also don't think I'll have time) so I would like to remove them from my list. Thankfully, with the new card I was able to install all the games I have onto my Vita, which includes some trophy trash that I can certainly finish for the anniversary :). My current list is now: 

Spoiler

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Monster Monpiece

forma.8

Licky the Lizard

Hitman GO

Lara Croft GO

Burly Men at Sea

2064 Read Only Memories

Finally, as for my progress update I've finally unlocked the Crimson Squad's story in Senran Kagura after completing Hebijo's story. Once their story and girl's hearts missions are finished I should only have to earn a few random trophies as I already have enough credits to buy out the store (which is what I'm saving for last). As for Monster Monpiece I made my way into the Tokio area, while rubbing as many girls as I can ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), not sure how many cards I have just yet but hopefully getting them shouldn't be too big of an issue.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

How about Chaos;Child? :P Nah, just kidding. Hope you found a few enjoyable games during the current sale.

I haven't forgotten about Chaos;Child :P It's still on my to-do list and will be ready to pop before the event, I swear!  :D

I think I'm going to go back to Tearaway first. I'm missing a few confettis and the two levels where you need to keep your stamp on. I'm also working on Hakuoki : Kyoto Winds at the same time. Then Chaos;Child, Tokyo Xanadu, Trails of Cold Steel... and possibly any Vita game I might buy in the January PSN sale :P

14 minutes ago, Myu said:

I haven't forgotten about Chaos;Child :P It's still on my to-do list and will be ready to pop before the event, I swear!  :D

I think I'm going to go back to Tearaway first. I'm missing a few confettis and the two levels where you need to keep your stamp on. I'm also working on Hakuoki : Kyoto Winds at the same time. Then Chaos;Child, Tokyo Xanadu, Trails of Cold Steel... and possibly any Vita game I might buy in the January PSN sale :P

I have to say, you and I have very similar taste in games!  Now that I have Chaos;Child I may replace Norn9 with that on my list...or do them both if I can

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm back home so I'm finally able to update everything.

Welcome to the event! Got you added to the participants.

Welcome to you, too. And I hope you will keep your sanity while playing Mind Zero and don't want to enter the elysian fields yet. :giggle:

Didn't hear good things about the game.

Good work with that. Never really played FF X-2 but it also felt like I would enjoy it much more than X as the whole system with the dresspheres sounds quite similar to the job system of FF3 (the FF 3 that was released on NES) or 5. Still haven't found motivation to go back to X to be honest.

Congrats with the (at it seems to me) quick progress on Hatsune Miku and got the new games added to your list. 

Nice progress! Got the games added to your list. And I can't judge the open trophy for Color Guardians as I haven't played the game myself but it sounds doable, considering the fact that you can play the level at anytime via the main menu.

Oh my goodness, is Mind=0 BORING. Honestly, the reason why I wanted to join this event is so I have motivation to platinum it and then I don't ever have to look back on it again, LOL. It's a Persona knockoff, and knockoff in that it's definitely inferior quality (imho). At least the main character is totally kakkoii; he's got that peek-a-boo bang thing going on. I can play their voices in Japanese, so if I treat it as Japanese practice then it's not SO horrible. I already progressed significantly in the story and even popped a trophy since joining this vita event~ Having a community totally helps.

Also I saw from one of your earlier posts (I think( that you're playing London Detective Mysteria? I am too! I'm a huge otome game fan and I'm going to try to plat Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly too.

1 hour ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Merry Christmas everyone, been awhile since my last update (Which I think was the one where I posted my list) but I come with some good news. I now have room to download all the Vita games I've ever bought :D 

Reveal hidden contents

zPFxFVV.jpg

Now that I have full access to my Vita Library, I wanted to give you guys an update on my progress and change a few things on my list. First off, I don't think I'll be able to complete Civ Revolution 2 in time for the event (Too much to do, not enough time) or Drive Girls (Rarely play it, also don't think I'll have time) so I would like to remove them from my list. Thankfully, with the new card I was able to install all the games I have onto my Vita, which includes some trophy trash that I can certainly finish for the anniversary :). My current list is now: 

Reveal hidden contents

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Monster Monpiece

forma.8

Licky the Lizard

Hitman GO

Lara Croft GO

Burly Men at Sea

2064 Read Only Memories

Finally, as for my progress update I've finally unlocked the Crimson Squad's story in Senran Kagura after completing Hebijo's story. Once their story and girl's hearts missions are finished I should only have to earn a few random trophies as I already have enough credits to buy out the store (which is what I'm saving for last). As for Monster Monpiece I made my way into the Tokio area, while rubbing as many girls as I can ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), not sure how many cards I have just yet but hopefully getting them shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Your vita is beautiful ; A ; I love that blue color. It's so pretty! And Merry Christmas~

49 minutes ago, Myu said:

I loved Trails of Cold Steel. I played it on PS3, though. I loved it so much I'm probably going to get the steelbooks that came out for PS4. 

Also, I hope I did this multiquoting thing right. ;;

Edited by ElysiumDragonfly
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I have to say, you and I have very similar taste in games!  Now that I have Chaos;Child I may replace Norn9 with that on my list...or do them both if I can

Yes, we do :D Norn9 is okay-ish, I enjoyed some of the routes but the story was kinda meh. Chaos;Child is just plain weird. The story is interesting and I truly want to know what's going to happen but there any so many flaws in this VN that I chose to play a grindy UR game instead :P

24 minutes ago, ElysiumDragonfly said:

Oh my goodness, is Mind=0 BORING. Honestly, the reason why I wanted to join this event is so I have motivation to platinum it and then I don't ever have to look back on it again, LOL. It's a Persona knockoff, and knockoff in that it's definitely inferior quality (imho). At least the main character is totally kakkoii; he's got that peek-a-boo bang thing going on. I can play their voices in Japanese, so if I treat it as Japanese practice then it's not SO horrible. I already progressed significantly in the story and even popped a trophy since joining this vita event~ Having a community totally helps.

Also I saw from one of your earlier posts (I think( that you're playing London Detective Mysteria? I am too! I'm a huge otome game fan and I'm going to try to plat Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly too.

I loved Trails of Cold Steel. I played it on PS3, though. I loved it so much I'm probably going to get the steelbooks that came out for PS4.

Mind=0... Just wait until the last dungeon...

It still haunts me in my dreams sometimes...

:D

Jk, but seriously, I understand your pain. I had high hopes for this game and it is nothing but disappointment (except for the chara-design).

I've been planning on buying Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly and the other one, Ashen Hawk, for a while. I've been waiting patiently for a discount and here it is :D And Fallen Legion is going to be free on January PS+. So many games to play, so many many games to play. And they say that Vita's dead.

I've already played Trails of Cold Steel for a couple of hours for the KYC event and I think I'm going to like it :)

19 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Thankfully, with the new card I was able to install all the games I have onto my Vita, which includes some trophy trash that I can certainly finish for the anniversary :). My current list is now: 

I would be happy if this would be possible for me but even with my 64GB card I have to backup quite a few things. :D

Got your list updated btw.

18 hours ago, Myu said:

I wish I could forget Chaos;Child. And seems like you want to tackle quite a few big games at the same time. Hope this won't ruin your plan for #150. :P

18 hours ago, ElysiumDragonfly said:

I already progressed significantly in the story and even popped a trophy since joining this vita event~ Having a community totally helps.

Nice to hear that joining an event keeps you motivated. And yes, I added LDM to my list but I solely played the demo so far. The game is installed but I haven't started it yet as I first want to play a few other games before like Mary Skelter and forma.8. When it comes to VNs there's no style or genre I really prefer so if something piques my interest (whether for the story, the artstyle or something else) I try to give it a chance and LDM having a demo surely helped a lot.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 1:05 PM, Crimson Idol said:

I don't think I mentioned this before, but this will be the third time I've platinumed it. At this point, I could probably do it in my sleep, lol. It's too bad I didn't get X on Vita; perhaps then I'd actually be motivated to finish it.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:26 AM, ElysiumDragonfly said:

I'm new to the community but I'd like to try ~ 

I can update this later, but the game I know for sure I want to plat is Mind=0. Oh my goodness I am so tired of having that game clog up space on my vita memory card LMAO. 

Mind Zero. Incredibly boring game that just reuses enemy palettes, combat that will become seriously repetitive especially if you are playing on Expert and can't just autofight, story that is incomplete with no hope of any sequels being made. A s****y Persona ripoff that I really regret buying.

Spoiler

You spend half the game trying to rescue someone with them vanishing through a door at end even after beating final boss lol making everything you've done feel completely pointless. Plus that character is implied to have lost their memories but like I said highly unlikely to have a sequel.

Once you have all the best elemental skill cards for your characters, then the remainder of the game will just devolve into you spamming your skills to kill all enemies save one weak enemy on first turn, then guarding for two turns to recover your TP, then resummoning minds and autoattacking with triangle and fastforwarding with L button to finish battle in 4-6 turns. And you will be repeating the same strategy for many many battles. It is not recommended to skip battles as you need to level Kei to 99. The only good thing about postgame dungeon is that you can switch difficulty to easy but there is a total of 50 frickin floors to go through for exploration trophy

EDIT: Sorry about that, accidentally quoted the wrong person lol

Edited by ex10097

7 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Mind Zero. Incredibly boring game that just reuses enemy palettes, combat that will become seriously repetitive especially if you are playing on Expert and can't just autofight, story that is incomplete with no hope of any sequels being made. A s****y Persona ripoff that I really regret buying.

You might want to fix the quote. The cited person is me, but I guess you meant @ElysiumDragonfly. ;) 

Ridge Racer is ready pop! I left the Switching Sides trophy for transferring teams until last as it's nice and easy. It won't take me any more than a minute to do :dance:

Fun game for the most part although racing on my own in Time Attack was pretty boring. Especially the trophy where you need to do 200 cumulative laps :blink:

While I'm here please can I add I Am The Hero to my list. I received a free code for it last week and it seems like quite a short game to platinum. It looks amazing as well so I'm excited to give it a go! :)

• Like 3