Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

34 minutes ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Fun game for the most part although racing on my own in Time Attack was pretty boring. Especially the trophy where you need to do 200 cumulative laps :blink:

I remember that all too well. <_< Did you have at least the Gold Edition with all circuits or were you limited to the 3 (?)  circuits of the base game?

Congrats on getting done with that grind and I also added IatH to your list. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 4:05 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Never really played FF X-2 but it also felt like I would enjoy it much more than X as the whole system with the dresspheres sounds quite similar to the job system of FF3 (the FF 3 that was released on NES) or 5. Still haven't found motivation to go back to X to be honest.

Yeah, I'd relate the dresspheres to really just changing jobs on the characters. With each dress having its own leveling tier. 

I get what you mean about X, it takes a long time just to get through the story. After that you've got to be in a FF mood to finish that end game. You'll get back to it someday & hopefully you do enjoy X-2 :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I remember that all too well. <_< Did you have at least the Gold Edition with all circuits or were you limited to the 3 (?)  circuits of the base game?

Congrats on getting done with that grind and I also added IatH to your list. 

I had the Ultimate Edition which includes the Gold and Silver passes so at least I had 7 tracks in total with the 4 extra ones included. I grabbed it for £4.99 in a sale and it was only £1 more than the standard edition so it was a no brainer really with extra cars and songs as well :)

On 12/28/2018 at 6:29 PM, Myu said:

Yes, we do :D Norn9 is okay-ish, I enjoyed some of the routes but the story was kinda meh. Chaos;Child is just plain weird. The story is interesting and I truly want to know what's going to happen but there any so many flaws in this VN that I chose to play a grindy UR game instead :P

Mind=0... Just wait until the last dungeon...

It still haunts me in my dreams sometimes...

:D

Jk, but seriously, I understand your pain. I had high hopes for this game and it is nothing but disappointment (except for the chara-design).

I've been planning on buying Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly and the other one, Ashen Hawk, for a while. I've been waiting patiently for a discount and here it is :D And Fallen Legion is going to be free on January PS+. So many games to play, so many many games to play. And they say that Vita's dead.

I've already played Trails of Cold Steel for a couple of hours for the KYC event and I think I'm going to like it :)

Yeah, the story wasn't really that great. And I didn't like Nanami as a protagonist. There was NO chemistry imho between her and Akito, and I love him. I loved Natushiko though, MY BOOOY. 

No, stop... This game is already repetitive torture enough. (cue ghibli tears) I'm on phase 9, so ALMOST. THERE. lol. I hate saying a game is garbage because I can't even imagine the time it takes creating these things (and localizing them) but.... Agree with you on the char design though! 

Ohhhh YES, when/if you buy PotBB let me know who your faves are!!! I think the otome community has mixed feelings on the MC but I actually really like her. I also loved the story -- I thought for sure it was going to be predictable but it ended up surprising me. I love it when I don't see it coming! (cue Persona 5 battle music)

I love Cold Steel <3 All the characters are so great. Character development is my fave.

14 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Mind Zero. Incredibly boring game that just reuses enemy palettes, combat that will become seriously repetitive especially if you are playing on Expert and can't just autofight, story that is incomplete with no hope of any sequels being made. A s****y Persona ripoff that I really regret buying.

Reveal hidden contents

You spend half the game trying to rescue someone with them vanishing through a door at end even after beating final boss lol making everything you've done feel completely pointless. Plus that character is implied to have lost their memories but like I said highly unlikely to have a sequel.

Once you have all the best elemental skill cards for your characters, then the remainder of the game will just devolve into you spamming your skills to kill all enemies save one weak enemy on first turn, then guarding for two turns to recover your TP, then resummoning minds and autoattacking with triangle and fastforwarding with L button to finish battle in 4-6 turns. And you will be repeating the same strategy for many many battles. It is not recommended to skip battles as you need to level Kei to 99. The only good thing about postgame dungeon is that you can switch difficulty to easy but there is a total of 50 frickin floors to go through for exploration trophy

Oh boy... The only reason why I bought it is because my friend told me it was like Persona and I should try it! I hate leaving games incomplete so I just want to plat it and move on with my life.

Right now, my strategy is suping up Leo's attack as high as possible, and have Kei break down defenses and Sana up attack. Sana also doubles as a healer. This brute force method probably isn't the best strategy, but I legit don't care enough to learn more about the system. I don't even remember what elements are weak to what LOL. I have been using the same setup since Phase 1 of the game. (sigh) Like you said... it's just so boring. 

7 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Reading this is depressing, I had high hopes for Mind=0 since the character design looked so good.  Oh well, I'll still plat it at some point

Oh no -- sorry to depress you! I also had really high hopes. You may still enjoy it, though. It's not a game you can't put down, though -- I think I started it eight or nine months ago and I have been veeeeery sloooowly working on the platinum. Also, protip - change the voices to Japanese. One of the characters is so unbearingly annoying in English.

1 minute ago, ElysiumDragonfly said:

Oh no -- sorry to depress you! I also had really high hopes. You may still enjoy it, though. It's not a game you can't put down, though -- I think I started it eight or nine months ago and I have been veeeeery sloooowly working on the platinum. Also, protip - change the voices to Japanese. One of the characters is so unbearingly annoying in English.

I mean, I'm rather slow so I have no issues going back to a game now and then.  I tend to have Japanese voices on anyway so that won't bother me!

Just now, Alternatewarning said:

I mean, I'm rather slow so I have no issues going back to a game now and then.  I tend to have Japanese voices on anyway so that won't bother me!

I need to get into your kind of mindset lol! I told myself one of these days I need to go back to old games. Sometimes it's hard to go back when there are so many new games to play...

Mind 0's main character VAs aren't too bad, there's just the one girl who has an awful voice. I usually play a game with English voices first, and then either replay it with Japanese or if I don't like the English VAs, switch to Japanese.

On 12/31/2018 at 0:39 AM, ElysiumDragonfly said:

Ohhhh YES, when/if you buy PotBB let me know who your faves are!!! I think the otome community has mixed feelings on the MC but I actually really like her. I also loved the story -- I thought for sure it was going to be predictable but it ended up surprising me. I love it when I don't see it coming! (cue Persona 5 battle music)

I love Cold Steel <3 All the characters are so great. Character development is my fave.

I will :) I don't know anything about these games, I just thought the cover looked great and I'm always happy when a VN gets localized. I'm looking forward to playing them (after the much dreaded and painfully long Chaos;Child...).

I had totally forgotten that I had bought Bad Apple Wars on sale last year. I might add it to the list too. :P

Another personal progress report. Seems like I'm on a roll lately. ^_^

Hatoful Boyfriend

L937613.png

Enjoyment: 5 / 10

Difficulty: 1 / 10

Finished everything up to the start of the BBL-route (which I will probably watch via a video beforehand) and I have to say that this VN's quirkiness didn't catch my interest. Overall the variety in the different branches felt rather low and I barely liked any of the endings. I decided to start the fan-disc Holiday Star right after and surprisingly I enjoy the quirkiness much more now. 

Super Stardust Delta

L0ec546.png

Enjoyment: 9 / 10

Difficulty: 5 / 10

A small surprise addition. I decided to revisit SSD a few days ago and played it every now and then. After reading some tips I was able to tackle all rather annoying trophies like the 20x-multiplier. Most of the time I didn't get it as I was hit by the boss Buzzsaw (second planet) and lost my multiplier. But yesterday I was able to get it before him and to my surprise I even made it past him unscratched.

Sadly I did all the plannable (and easy) trophies and now all that's left is to play endless mode and destroy 5 nukes. :shakefist:

I honestly don't know if I will have a good run or not but I still want to give it a try. I will probably practice a bit beforehand by finishing SSHD and I might get the PS4-version, too. 

Word Sudoku by POWGI

L40a6f0.png

Enjoyment: 6 / 10

Difficulty: 2 / 10

I didn't really get the grip of Sudoku when it became well-known a few years ago and still don't really like it. I prefer normal crosswords, word searches, or nonograms (picross) way more than Sudoku. Thank god you only have to play about 50 of them to get all trophies and not the whole amount of 240. Doing the 324 word searches was fun for me, but 240 Sudoku? Hell no. <_<

I also decided to add two other games to my list:

Flower and Gal*Gun Double Peace , with the latter being bought during the January-sale. Didn't really enjoy it when I played the demo on a big screen a year or two ago but it might be more fun playing it on a handheld. :hmm: 

But before doing them I will read Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star and will most likely start Mary Skelter: Nightmares today. :) 

9 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

I Am The Hero is ready to pop. Fun little game with wicked art style and a great soundtrack.

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the game. Looked up a video of IATH and it looks fun but not like the type of brawler/fighting-game I would enjoy. I need more side-scrolling elements like in the old Double Dragons, Streets of Rage, and the likes. :D 

• Like 4

It's been a long time coming but Criminal Girls: Invite Only is ready to pop (technically it's two trophies to pop but they both come from killing the last boss which I'm saved right outside.) 

Difficulty wise the game didn't pose too much of a problem but due to forgotten saves I sometimes lost a couple hours progress. I enjoyed it however and am moving on to the second one now.

Progress update regarding persona 4g. Really wanted to plat this one by the anniversary but due to a snafu with save files I have lost all progress (:'( ) and will have to restart so I'd like to remove it if possible.

Can I add Word Search by POWGI and Word Sudoku by POWGI?

Thanks

• Like 3

10 hours ago, THE-73est said:

Do you know what the longest pop is shaping up to be? I wanna see if its even possible for me to beat it, I think I could potentially have a 4 and a half year plat time but given its the 7th year anniversary I imagine someone has a 7 year one lol

Is this an indirect request to join the event? :D

To answer your question:

The oldest entry that was finished for the japanese anniversary was by @ex10097 with Epic Mickey 2 with roundabout 4 years and 4 months (July 30th 2014 to December 16th 2018) with the follow up being @xFalionx with Freedom Wars and a little less than 4 years (December 25th 2014 to December 16th 2018).

The oldest entry for the western anniversary which is ready to pop would be by me with Super Stardust Delta (first trophy earned February 24th 2013), which would be a little less than 6 years if I actually pull it off. Follow up is, again, @xFalionx with PSASBR (first trophy earned December 24th 2014), which would come to be 4 years and about 2 months.

The oldest entry which was added is by @K_Groove_NL with CoD: Black Ops Declassified (first trophy earned November 15th 2012), The follow up would by me with Gravity Rush where I aim for the 100% and where I earned the first trophy November 28th 2012. 

• Like 2

Finally done with the Utawarerumono trilogy! Got my 100th platinum too. Was really sad this interesting journey is now over. If you guys like reading long stories with some occasional combat in between, then I recommend giving this series a go. I give Mask of Deception 8/10 and Mask of Truth 9/10. Check out most recent platinums for my thoughts.

Sadly, my university is restarting so my gaming might slow down considerably from now on. But still planning to get at least 4-5 games ready by Feb

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Finally done with the Utawarerumono trilogy! Got my 100th platinum too. Was really sad this interesting journey is now over. If you guys like reading long stories with some occasional combat in between, then I recommend giving this series a go. I give Mask of Deception 8/10 and Mask of Truth 9/10. Check out most recent platinums for my thoughts.

Sadly, my university is restarting so my gaming might slow down considerably from now on. But still planning to get at least 4-5 games ready by Feb

Thanks for this, I'll check out your review on the games. I was thinking about checking out Utawarerumomo -- I love VNs and I love, love a good story. I didn't know there was a combat component so I'm curious about that. Not to mention I remember just browsing the internet when I was younger and seeing the pictures of the characters with the fluffy ears and wondering where the heck they came from. Good to know it's a recommended series.

On a relevant note, I popped another trophy for Mind=0! I'm hopeful I can plat it by the anniversary date. But even if I can't, I'm still making some progress! 

Hi there. Been a long a time since i was here last time. I've got bad news: i can't find my charging cable so i have to go and buy one on Saturday.

Furthermore i am making constant but rather slow progress in Word Search (nearly 14 of 27 categories done) so i think i can complete one other game besides that. It'll be either Cosmic Star Heroine or 2064: Read Only Memories. Probably CSH as it seems easier...

But i stop for a few days to read a book or two instead of playing on my Vita :P

Edited by Evil_Joker88

47 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I was hoping to get Pyschopass knocked out but MAN does this game take a long time.  While I still like it, I feel like there are minor differences and yet you can't skip through the text.  This is annoying me more and more as time goes on.

Pyschopass does have a fast forward through text option. I believe it's on R, but you'll have to check the settings. It should stop when you hit a new section you haven't read (or a force skip if that's what you want).

1 minute ago, Gretchen27 said:

Pyschopass does have a fast forward through text option. I believe it's on R, but you'll have to check the settings. It should stop when you hit a new section you haven't read (or a force skip if that's what you want).

Yes, but it only works if the text is entirely old.  So, if a few lines change because of an earlier choice, it will NOT skip through a section.  And it won't skip through text between the two routes, even if it is the same.