Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

1 minute ago, Alternatewarning said:

Yes, but it only works if the text is entirely old.  So, if a few lines change because of an earlier choice, it will NOT skip through a section.  And it won't skip through text between the two routes, even if it is the same.

Guess I remembered it wrong then. Unusual design choice for a VN.

1 minute ago, Alternatewarning said:

You probably just blocked it out!  Ya, I have a few technical gripes with the game, which is slowing me down.

Probably ?

I enjoyed the story well enough, but it really doesn't change much (that I do remember). & the vita version seemed blurry at parts, like the resolution wasn't adjusted for a handheld. Text was too small as well. 

@Myu

Good work. Seems like you are totally on course with having 7 plats ready to pop. Minus the two Sound Shapes which you want to do you only miss 4 other plats to make Grand Kingdom your #150, which should be doable. :) 

@Dreamcatcher4891

Congrats, too. :D 

15 hours ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Im for sure going to try and get Danganronpa 2 ready to pop by then but unsure about Ayesha since it will take a lot of time ^^;;

Long time no see. Glad you are still active. Don't know how long Ayesha takes but Danganronpa 2 also takes some time. At least it feels rather long due to all those "enjoyable" minigames. :| 

• Like 3

@Crimson Idol That is very much true BUT I haven't played Danganronpa 2 at all so it makes me wanting to sit through a lot of it...better? With Ayesha I'd have to start all over and I already did the main story and it'd be just mainly all grinding lol

I'm trying to be active again at least. Being full time work and student is hard haha

• Like 1

@Alternatewarning

Congrats on bearing with the repetititveness of Psycho-Pass, which mainly ruined the experience for me, too.

@KawaiiSlowpoke

Having a full time job alongside a studium sounds like quite a task. Good luck with that

The problem about the minigames of Danganronpa is that they get repetititve quite fast and there's only small variety. If you don't feel like playing it feel free to swap the games for any other game you currently play. I see that you also started Mary Skelter. Hope you have a fun time with it. Personally I enjoyed the few bits I played although I have to say that the whole Nightmare-system is scaring me a bit. Having an enemy follow you in real time isn't nice at all. ?

Broken Age is ready to pop. Game was decent but having a large number of missables meant that I had to refer often to a guide as I didn't want to go through another playthrough. Then the 1 hour speedrun was a pain too. Game would have been a lot more fun if it weren't for so many missable crap, plus those annoying puzzles that you need to get right in one try, especially the knot one and the final crane game. I prefer to explore every possible dialogue and using all items on NPCs for different interactions so would have preferred most of Broken Age's trophies to be like that, instead of those complete the puzzle/quiz on first try.

My new timetable looks to be really hectic, plus gotta work on my thesis, so goodbye to gaming until weekends maybe?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeathShark22 said:

@Crimson Idol please switch my Sine Mora game out with Day of the Tentacle. Can‘t wait another month with this 100% ahahah:D thank you

Got you updated. Congrats on getting Sine Mora finished. :D

1 hour ago, ex10097 said:

Broken Age is ready to pop. Game was decent but having a large number of missables meant that I had to refer often to a guide as I didn't want to go through another playthrough. Then the 1 hour speedrun was a pain too. Game would have been a lot more fun if it weren't for so many missable crap, plus those annoying puzzles that you need to get right in one try, especially the knot one and the final crane game. I prefer to explore every possible dialogue and using all items on NPCs for different interactions so would have preferred most of Broken Age's trophies to be like that, instead of those complete the puzzle/quiz on first try.

IIRC I still haven't played the second part of the game. :hmm:  I thought it was okay but it didn't really catch my interest and the crane minigame is a PITA. And honestly I don't understand why adventures "need to" have an achievement for finishing them in a given timeframe. Nice to see that you were able to push through it, nonetheless!

5 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

Having no games for seven years and still alive. Vita surely means life!’ Umm.... games still release on Vita.

It was a joke. :P 

Quick update for me, both Lara Croft GO & Burly Men at Sea are ready to pop for the event. Lara Croft GO was actually pretty fun for such a quick game, some of the collectibles would have been a pain without a guide though. Burly Men at Sea is... meh in my opinion, certainly not something I'd have went after if it wasn't for being on PS+. I already have as many games ready to pop now as I popped for the entire last event, hopefully with alot more to go over the next few weeks :D.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Got you updated. Congrats on getting Sine Mora finished. :D

IIRC I still haven't played the second part of the game. :hmm:  I thought it was okay but it didn't really catch my interest and the crane minigame is a PITA. And honestly I don't understand why adventures "need to" have an achievement for finishing them in a given timeframe. Nice to see that you were able to push through it, nonetheless!

It was a joke. :P 

Oh right. Fair enough.

• Like 1

Got One Word by POWGI ready to pop for the event. It's the least interesting of all the POWGI games and has the least content in it as well, but it's still an enjoyable game for a few hours, and I'll need a high % platinum for another event. Mainly did this one first just in case I don't get anything else done, but I don't think that will happen. Still have over a month to go.

• Like 1

Update time! I have a better idea about what games I'll be completing for the western event now.

Recently, I've been putting a lot more time into Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X after playing it casually for about a year and a half. I managed to beat what most people consider to be the hardest part of the platinum, meaning all I really need to do now is finish up the grinding. I'm at the tail end of that now so it shouldn't take much longer. I'm confident I'll get ready to pop for the event soon so please add this one to my list. :)

There are two other games that I'm considering for the event (in addition to the ones I've already committed to). I really want to get at least one of them done, but there's a good chance I won't have enough time to do either, which is why I hesitate to say what games they are in this post (although you can probably figure it by looking at my profile). I'll try my best but Resident Evil 2 comes out soon and I'd like to play that when it comes out. I'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Update time! I have a better idea about what games I'll be completing for the western event now.

Recently, I've been putting a lot more time into Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X after playing it casually for about a year and a half. I managed to beat what most people consider to be the hardest part of the platinum, meaning all I really need to do now is finish up the grinding. I'm at the tail end of that now so it shouldn't take much longer. I'm confident I'll get ready to pop for the event soon so please add this one to my list. :)

There are two other games that I'm considering for the event (in addition to the ones I've already committed to). I really want to get at least one of them done, but there's a good chance I won't have enough time to do either, which is why I hesitate to say what games they are in this post (although you can probably figure it by looking at my profile). I'll try my best but Resident Evil 2 comes out soon and I'd like to play that when it comes out. I'll see how it goes.

Do you have any tips regarding the Medley that Came Straight from Hell and Hurts my Wrists Every Time I Try it? I barely managed to clear it with the right costume and setup. It's the one thing preventing me from getting the plat. Maybe it's just a matter of "git gud" and I haven't tried enough.

On another note, I started Trails of Cold Steel and it feels good to play such a nice game. I'm still in Chapter 1 but I really like the way the story is slowly developing and how all the characters have an interesting personality. My favourites right now are Gaius and Fie. :)

So many updates. :o Seems like all are on a roll lately.

And maybe I should take this a signal that I should put more focus on my Vita right now, too. ?

12 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Got One Word by POWGI ready to pop for the event. It's the least interesting of all the POWGI games and has the least content in it as well, but it's still an enjoyable game for a few hours, and I'll need a high % platinum for another event. Mainly did this one first just in case I don't get anything else done, but I don't think that will happen. Still have over a month to go.

Just looked at a gameplay video and it looks underwhelming. Searching 120 words in total doesn't feel like much. It's more or less like 6 word searches, even if it's harder to find the one word it's still a bit underwhelming. Will this game probably give a pass.

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Alright alright alright, it's time for me to get to work. I'm filling up my puny memory card with games, and am about to go on a Vita gaming binge. Fuck off and collect dust for awhile, PS4! :shakefist: Or play Spotify during post game grinds. That works, too. :P I refuse to let the gaming system that launched my trophy hunting career go out like this, with me playing another fast and easy game on the day, just to qualify. 

I don't know how many of these I'll complete, but I have nine games currently installed, with a tenth I want to do, but won't be able to download till I delete some of these. It's probably the shortest Plat, and has the biggest file size. :lol: And then Mary Skelter keeps tempting me with its great theme music, every time I turn on my Vita.. Stop it! 

Anywho, here's the list of games I've installed:

Reveal hidden contents

Adventures of Mana

A Rose in the Twilight

Blasting Agent

Full Throttle (this is actually the big file game I'm leaving for later)

Guacamelee!

Lost Dimension

Papers, Please

Severed

Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls

Wanted Corp.

Will see how completing some of them goes. I'd be happy just to complete half, really.

That's surely an ambitious list but I'm sure you will be able to manage most of them in time. Hope you enjoy your time with all of them. Seeing games like Guacamelee, Superdimension,  or Severed I'm sure you will. IMO Superdimension was one of the better "spin-offs".

8 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Thanks, it surely is an achievement for me:D. I was just to impatient to keep it incomplete for another month ahahaha:D

As long as the same doesn't happen with Day of the Tentacle. ;) 

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Congrats for Miku X.

And yeah I can see which two games you are refering to. One of them is actually in my "maybe"-folder, too. (--> Freedom Wars). But first I want to focus a bit on those that I already put on list. 

19 minutes ago, chellesan said:

demon gaze 2: *ready to pop*

there was some grinding to do at the end but everything worked out, only need to defeat the last demon and then i got platinum, so only one month to go i think i gonna start cosmic star heroine and i hope i finish that before 21feb

Congrats.

I just hope that the last demon doesn't have some kind of difficulty spike. And I'm sure you will be able to finish CSH in time. It's somewhere in the range of 10 to 15 hours so there's still plenty of time to tackle it.

• Like 1