Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

3 hours ago, Myu said:

Do you have any tips regarding the Medley that Came Straight from Hell and Hurts my Wrists Every Time I Try it? I barely managed to clear it with the right costume and setup. It's the one thing preventing me from getting the plat. Maybe it's just a matter of "git gud" and I haven't tried enough.

Well for starters, when you say the "right costume", I assume you're referring one that has the "Rate Notes Up Lv. 5" effect? I was under the impression that this effect was objectively better than all the others when it comes to getting a good score, but that isn't necessarily true. I found that I was consistently getting a better score in Ending Medley when I had a module with the "4-sec Rate Up" effect on it. I think this is because of how easy it is to miss the notes that increase your voltage in that song, so the module effect that increases the bonus from that isn't as useful as it is in other songs. Definitely try it out with a "4-sec Rate Up" module - that's the one I used to clear it.

Other than that, it's essential that you practise using both the face buttons and the D-pad to hit the notes. I barely ever did this prior to attempting the harder songs, but clearing them one-handed is pretty much impossible. I started doing it in other songs during the module grinding just so I could get more comfortable with it. You should also have your Vocaloid of choice at the maximum friendship level but I assume you already knew that.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats for Miku X.

And yeah I can see which two games you are refering to. One of them is actually in my "maybe"-folder, too. (--> Freedom Wars). But first I want to focus a bit on those that I already put on list. 

Thanks. ^_^ I had pretty much given up on getting the Freedom Wars plat years ago, mainly because of how unlucky I was. I lost my save data twice, either from accidentally deleting it myself or from memory card problems corrupting my save. I never got all that far into the game but it demotivated me from playing it again. There's also the issue of the multiplayer trophies. I figured a game this old and niche on the Vita wouldn't have anyone playing it anymore and I really didn't want to bother trying to set up a boosting session.

Well, I jumped back into the game recently not expecting much but I was surprised to find there were actually still people playing this game online. I managed to pop all of the multiplayer trophies the other day along with a bunch others and now I think the plat might actually be possible for me after giving up on it so long ago. I've heard the late-game gets extremely difficult when playing solo, and I'm pretty bad at it, so getting the game ready for next month is probably a stretch, but I'm just happy with the progress I've made in it so far. :)

As for the other game, I'd like nothing more than me to redeem myself for bailing on it in the 5th anniversary, but it's going to be seriously tough. At least this time I've actually started playing it. :P

• Like 1

@Crimson Idol

Im REALLY enjoying it. Some aspects arent the greatest (story feels predictable to me and im only on chapter 3...so maybe I'll be surprised) but the characters are really fun and the mechanics are nice. And it has some lewd fan service which is nice for a degenerate like me.

honestly the nightmares arent THT scary to me...its mainly when I go through a door and the creepy standing marchen is there and surprises me lmao (though usually monsters chasing me is very scary to me haha)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's surely an ambitious list but I'm sure you will be able to manage most of them in time. Hope you enjoy your time with all of them. Seeing games like Guacamelee, Superdimension,  or Severed I'm sure you will. IMO Superdimension was one of the better "spin-offs".

Well, I'm not off to a great start in the enjoyment category... But I should hopefully be done with the first one tomorrow. Guacamelee has really been in my backlog for far too long. :/ Hear nothing but good things about that one. And yeah, I also have Producing Perfection and Megatagmension. But my partner in a Platinum race I'm in this year has already played the latter, so I decided to go with this, since we could maybe get a sync bonus out of it. She hasn't played PP, either, but unless I find out she's going to... *push* :P

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks. ^_^ I had pretty much given up on getting the Freedom Wars plat years ago, mainly because of how unlucky I was. I lost my save data twice, either from accidentally deleting it myself or from memory card problems corrupting my save. I never got all that far into the game but it demotivated me from playing it again. There's also the issue of the multiplayer trophies. I figured a game this old and niche on the Vita wouldn't have anyone playing it anymore and I really didn't want to bother trying to set up a boosting session.

You lost your save data twice? Okay, then I can understand why you didn't continue playing the game for a long time. Therefor it's nice to hear that you feel motivated right now. I only played it for about an hour when I bought it shortly after release and didn't feel like I would enjoy Freedom Wars as those Monster Hunter-esque games are not really my cup of tea. And hearing that there's still a dedicated online community is good to know.

6 hours ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

And it has some lewd fan service which is nice for a degenerate like me.

At least you are being honest. :P

And yep, Mary Skelter surely has some interesting mechanics although I literally felt overwhelmed when all those tutorial screens started to show up. 

6 hours ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

honestly the nightmares arent THT scary to me...its mainly when I go through a door and the creepy standing marchen is there and surprises me lmao (though usually monsters chasing me is very scary to me haha)

I tend to be a scaredy-cat so everything related to random enemies that might show up and start to chase you is a bit out of my comfort zone. I don't mind being chased by an enemy when I purposely enter their field of view but when I'm just doing normal battles and shortly after I'm getting chased by some (temporary) unbeatable foe I feel a bit uncomfortable. >_<

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

She hasn't played PP, either, but unless I find out she's going to... *push* :P

You really want to convince someone to play Hyperdimension PP? Are you nuts? :jaymon: PP is probably the worst spin-off I played as I didn't even feel motivated to continue after one playthrough. Even Hyperdevotion felt more enjoyable to me. Having to hear the same four or five songs over and over again is way more mind-numbing than doing the lily grind in Devotion. But as you use your PS4 for Spotify it might help. :hmm: So ummm.. go for it!  Playing PP sounds like the greatest plan ever! :D 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

You really want to convince someone to play Hyperdimension PP? Are you nuts? :jaymon: PP is probably the worst spin-off I played as I didn't even feel motivated to continue after one playthrough. Even Hyperdevotion felt more enjoyable to me. Having to hear the same four or five songs over and over again is way more mind-numbing than doing the lily grind in Devotion. But as you use your PS4 for Spotify it might help. :hmm: So ummm.. go for it!  Playing PP sounds like the greatest plan ever! :D 

? Well. I had a feeling it would be bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. Lol. The other two seem to be shorter games, as well, so I'll leave that one for some far, far off date in the future. 

And Papers, Please is ready to go. Probably made it worse than it should have been, by worrying too much about mistakes and how much money I had.. But yeah, not really a fan. Having to use the touchscreen for so much stuff that didn't even all fit on the screen, and checking for so many little errors on passports, made it feel like a chore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hsn963 said:

Trails of Cold Steel II & Zero Time Dilemma are ready to pop.

on another notice, @Crimson Idol kindly remove Tails of Hearts & VD from my list, no longer have access to the games unfortunately, I am thinking of alternatives.

Got you updated. And sorry to hear that you lost access to some games.

52 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

1f602.png Well. I had a feeling it would be bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. Lol. The other two seem to be shorter games, as well, so I'll leave that one for some far, far off date in the future. 

And Papers, Please is ready to go. Probably made it worse than it should have been, by worrying too much about mistakes and how much money I had.. But yeah, not really a fan. Having to use the touchscreen for so much stuff that didn't even all fit on the screen, and checking for so many little errors on passports, made it feel like a chore.

IMO the biggest problem of PP is the fact that you have to see every text that any of the CPUs might say when you specific activities. IMO it's not really easy to keep track of them as there's no ingame way to see which you already got and you solely have to rely on the overall progress tracker which is just a percentage. But speaking about missing progress trackers: Keep in mind that Superdimensions also has some collectibles which can't be tracked properly. Don't remember if it were the baseballs or the medals, though.

And about Papers, Please. I played it for a bit a few years ago and it didn't really catch my interest for the same reasons you mentioned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

1f602.png Well. I had a feeling it would be bad, but I didn't know it was that bad. Lol. The other two seem to be shorter games, as well, so I'll leave that one for some far, far off date in the future. 

Sad you didn't like Papers, Please.  I played it on PC for a while and I really enjoyed it.  In fact, I played with someone else in the room and they looked out for some stuff, I looked out for others and it was a ton of fun together.

1 hour ago, Alternatewarning said:

Sad you didn't like Papers, Please.  I played it on PC for a while and I really enjoyed it.  In fact, I played with someone else in the room and they looked out for some stuff, I looked out for others and it was a ton of fun together.

Two sets of eyes are better than one. :lol: Unfortunately, I don't know how you'd do that on the Vita.. Not that I'd have anyone to play it with, anyways. :/ The small screen probably didn't help with spotting the tiny text errors, as well.

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't remember if it were the baseballs or the medals, though

Seems to be the baseballs that aren't tracked, according to the guide. I'll have to watch out for those when I start it.

23 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I played both versions and Papers, Please is easier on PC, you have more space to put all your stuff on your desk and the controls are better too. Playing it on Vita was a pain imo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Also, my arm hurts. :/ Severed was a fairly cool and unique Vita experience, but some of those battles were brutal! 

It sounds like you mostly used short slashes when your arm started to hurt? I had to learn the hard way, too. I destroyed the rubber of a touch pen as I mostly used short slashes and that didn't end well. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it, though! :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

It sounds like you mostly used short slashes when your arm started to hurt? I had to learn the hard way, too. I destroyed the rubber of a touch pen as I mostly used short slashes and that didn't end well. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it, though! :) 

I used my finger the entire time, swiping back and forth as fast as I could. :/

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

I used my finger the entire time, swiping back and forth as fast as I could. :/

Congrats on finishing the game! :D I remember one battle in particular that was pretty brutal, I had to try over and over again until I finally beat it but my wrist was killing me the entire time. It's still one of my favourite games on the Vita :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myu said:

Congrats on finishing the game! :D I remember one battle in particular that was pretty brutal, I had to try over and over again until I finally beat it but my wrist was killing me the entire time. It's still one of my favourite games on the Vita :)

Thanks. :) There was one I spent about a half hour trying to beat.. There's a thread on here about it. Lol. 

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Half a year and I'm now just planning games. So far I have Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds.

Well, I'm sure there will be a whole bunch of games you will come up with. ;) jk Personally I don't see a problem with this. Better to add games as you know that you will finish them than to be overambitious and add a whole bunch and making no progress.

Hope you have a good time with Hakuoki! :) 

29 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Well, I'm sure there will be a whole bunch of games you will come up with. ;) jk Personally I don't see a problem with this. Better to add games as you know that you will finish them than to be overambitious and add a whole bunch and making no progress.

Hope you have a good time with Hakuoki! :) 

I actually didn't like it as much as I thought I would. The environment and the historical plot didn't keep me interested for long. Following 12 guys was a bit too much. And I found out after purchasing the game that this was just part one. Won't be buying part two in the near future. 

3rd game is ready (I hope ?). Decided to play the Vita version of Demetrios since it was a small enough file to download and fit on my memory card, and I was in the mood for a point and click. Might have been better to leave the cookie eating trophy for last, though.. If I don't get the final one for some reason, it means I have to play the entire game again. :/ 

Probably the crudest point and click I've played, but it was fun. Couple trophies were a bit dumb, and I'm sure my curse of horrible RNG didn't help with the spin the wheel till it lands on a certain "prize" one.. But nothing too terrible.

• Like 3

Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (Did I get that right?) is ready to pop. Although I played the game on PSP a couple years back, felt like going through the whole experience again. Game wasn't too bad except for School Mode. Having to play through it four times was annoying, but only the second playthrough was the hardest as aiming for building all backups for the tickets wasn't too easy when only two of my character's gathering skills were maxed out. Had to balance building backups, upgrades and cheat sheets, but easier on your third and fourth playthroughs once cheat sheets become unnecessary. Not difficult but annoying having to repeat the same thing again and again for all character endings. One of them was quite hilarious though. The crazy fortuneteller dude predicted that both of your kids will have the same mother and when leaving the school he'll be like: "Let's go brother. We need to search for the mother of our children." Lol.

Given how you could end up building romantic relationships with all the female characters in that 'What If?' School mode, it feels like a School Days ending (Boat anyone?) will happen with Makoto getting stabbed in that alternate universe. I mean seducing the Ultimate Martial Artist, Ultimate Soldier, Ultimate Gambler, Ultimate Sleuth and Ultimate Homicidal Killer at the same time? Dude is definitely going to have a very short life expectancy in that alternate universe as even his plot armor of the Ultimate Lucky Student won't be able to save him lol.

• Like 3

@DamagingRob and @ex10097

Got both your lists updated.

On a personal note:
I will probably put Mary Skelter: Nightmares on hold for now and focus on other Vita-games instead, mainly Axiom Verge and London Detective Mysteria. Don't feel like playing a Dungeon-Crawler at the moment. Will still keep it in my list for now, though.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1