crimsonidol38

Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

821 posts in this topic

Just wondering here but what Trophy in Tales of Hearts R is safe and easy to save for last?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still working my way through Mind=0! I only have two more trophies, the get to level 99 and collect all skill cards trophy. 

 

The collect all skills trophy is really tough because there's no way to keep track of all the skills you've obtained in the game thus far. It's a bit of a nightmare, but I'm *SO CLOSE* to having the platinum ready to pop I can taste it! Then I can add some other games to my list, hah.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Just wondering here but what Trophy in Tales of Hearts R is safe and easy to save for last?

 

I barely remember the game but according to the guide one of the "Unbreakable Bond"-trophies should be easy to safe for last. Seems like @xFalionx saved one  of those for last, too. Maybe he can comment a bit more on this as his memories are surely fresher than mine. :D 

Edited by Crimson Idol
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th game is ready to go. A Rose in the Twilight was quite a unique and interesting experience. And mostly fun. Until I got to the final boss, in a game that's largely just about solving puzzles..

Spoiler

Took quite a bit of practice to finally beat her. Girl gets hit, and you have to start all over. On top of that, you have to be mindful of where the golem dude is, because he can be pushed off the platform, resulting in his death and starting all over.. So much stuff to watch out for, and switching between the two characters. With one hit deaths. Just a huge nightmare for me. 

Speedrun trophies weren't too bad. Your overall time goes down for every level you replay, so it's not a one run deal. And you can pause to stop the clock. Did absolutely terrible on the last two, but had built up a pretty large margin for error, so it didn't hurt me. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started up Norn9, finally.  I think I should get through this one pretty fast since it seems pretty short.  Not bad so far, not great either.  But the art is nice and I'm a sucker for anything with powers

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

4th game is ready to go. A Rose in the Twilight was quite a unique and interesting experience. And mostly fun. Until I got to the final boss, in a game that's largely just about solving puzzles..

  Reveal hidden contents

Took quite a bit of practice to finally beat her. Girl gets hit, and you have to start all over. On top of that, you have to be mindful of where the golem dude is, because he can be pushed off the platform, resulting in his death and starting all over.. So much stuff to watch out for, and switching between the two characters. With one hit deaths. Just a huge nightmare for me. 

Speedrun trophies weren't too bad. Your overall time goes down for every level you replay, so it's not a one run deal. And you can pause to stop the clock. Did absolutely terrible on the last two, but had built up a pretty large margin for error, so it didn't hurt me. 

 

Congrats on the progress. And I see that you already started the next from your list with Adventures of Mana. Hope you will enjoy it, even if it has an unnecessary grind. <_< 

 

11 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Started up Norn9, finally.  I think I should get through this one pretty fast since it seems pretty short.  Not bad so far, not great either.  But the art is nice and I'm a sucker for anything with powers

 

Seems like you already finished at least one route according to your Bingo-post. Any estimate on how long one route is? The guide seems a bit on the short side with an ETA of 10 hours (I assume  it's 10 hours if you skip most of the dialogues), because howlongtobeat lists it as 30+ hours.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Seems like you already finished at least one route according to your Bingo-post. Any estimate on how long one route is? The guide seems a bit on the short side with an ETA of 10 hours (I assume  it's 10 hours if you skip most of the dialogues), because howlongtobeat lists it as 30+ hours.

2

 

Yep.  Um, it's short, at least compared to the other's I've played.  I finished one route in an afternoon but I paused midway to work on finishing Kingdom Hearts so I can't tell you how long.  Longer than 10 hours but much shorter than anything else I've read.  Maybe 4 hours/route (with 9 routes)?  And that's with me listening to their full dialogue.  Only an estimate, though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats on the progress. And I see that you already started the next from your list with Adventures of Mana. Hope you will enjoy it, even if it has an unnecessary grind.

Thanks. :) And lol. Yeah, it's pretty fun so far, but I've read about the grind.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have my first vita plat ready to go even though its not on my list lol. Dragon sinker is ready to pop, it was suprisingly fun, if you were in my era where you played final fantasy on the snes then i reccomend you play it. Now onto the games I hav listed, persona here I come!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fozzyabear said:

Now onto the games I hav listed, persona here I come!

You didn't list Persona, though. :P

Just checked to be sure and that was the only post I found.

And congrats on Dragon Sinker. For me it more looks like a NES-game, though. xD 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had quite a rough month so far. I've mostly tried to make use of my PSPlus while it lasts, so I'm currently trying to plat Fallen Legion before the end of the month and I got quite frustrated as the game crashed four times after beating the final boss but before the game saved. In the end I had to reinstall the game in order to mysteriously make the NG+ button appear on its own.

 

Overall I really like the game in terms of story and gameplay. It's just annoying that the performance is pretty bad on the Vita version but despite that it's still pretty playable. The only thing I can't stand are the crashes.

 

You can remove Atelier Ayesha and Toukiden from my list as I won't have enough time to play them before the event ends. I still don't know about Jak 3, I might still go for that as it's another relatively quick plat, otherwise I'm just gonna spend the rest of my time on Oreshika.

 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:34 PM, Leon Castle said:

Just wondering here but what Trophy in Tales of Hearts R is safe and easy to save for last?

It's just as @Crimson Idol says, the Unbreakable Bond trophies are perfect to keep for last as you have to go to a specific place in order to unlock the special skill after raising your bond to the required level. Thus you can unlock the plat by the press of a button.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xFalionx said:

It's just as @Crimson Idol says, the Unbreakable Bond trophies are perfect to keep for last as you have to go to a specific place in order to unlock the special skill after raising your bond to the required level. Thus you can unlock the plat by the press of a button.

Then I save those for last, Thank you ENTTghe.gif

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punchline is ready to pop. Exterminate humanity by staring too long at a girl's panties. Lol Japan lol.

 

It was an okay game but definitely not worth its full price tag, so good thing I bought it at half price. I mean the second half of the game has choices, but deviating from the anime will result in weird game overs. The game basically follows the anime but with some extra content and a better ending, so was a bit disappointed at how short it was. Game could have had a lot more potential.

 

Watch a few episodes of the anime and if you like it then get the game, otherwise not worth buying

 

Incidentally if you're interested in checking out more 'Lol Japan does it again!' games, then try

Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed (Fight pseudo-vampire otakus in Akiba by stripping their clothes off and exposing them to the sun. Very accurate recreation of the actual Akiba in Japan)

Galgun Double Peace (Fight off waves of girls trying to confess to you by firing pheromone shots to bring them to ecstasy in order to score with your true love before the days ends or become forever alone)

Conception II (Save the world by classMATING with 7 girls to create star CHILDREN. Likeable heroines and decent plot+PLOT, but very bland and boring dungeon crawling aspects but has a harem ending at least)

Criminal GIrls 1&2 (Highly recommended to try. Slightly challenging gameplay that will keep you on your toes and awesome character development for all the heroines, plus very good harem ending)

Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Great heroines from various fairytales like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel. Enjoyable dungeon crawler with invincible bosses that will randomly appear and chase you with your map disabled, until you successfully escape from their range. Need to break a core located in the dungeon protected by a guardian to make these Nightmares vulnerable. Although the MC is a useless JP dense beta loser and ending is quite open and lackluster, the girls are what makes this game good)

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikunni and Senran Kagura series (Watch BOOBS break the laws of physics over and over again)

Edited by ex10097
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I've had quite a rough month so far. I've mostly tried to make use of my PSPlus while it lasts, so I'm currently trying to plat Fallen Legion before the end of the month and I got quite frustrated as the game crashed four times after beating the final boss but before the game saved. In the end I had to reinstall the game in order to mysteriously make the NG+ button appear on its own.

 

Overall I really like the game in terms of story and gameplay. It's just annoying that the performance is pretty bad on the Vita version but despite that it's still pretty playable. The only thing I can't stand are the crashes.

 

Nice to hear that you enjoy Fallen Legion, even if it seems like it's a bit unpolished. 

 

21 hours ago, xFalionx said:

You can remove Atelier Ayesha and Toukiden from my list as I won't have enough time to play them before the event ends. I still don't know about Jak 3, I might still go for that as it's another relatively quick plat, otherwise I'm just gonna spend the rest of my time on Oreshika.

 

Don't know for sure but to me it seems like from the three games (Ayesha, Toukiden, and Oreshika) Ayesha will probably be the "shortest". Hope you enjoy the time with the games you choose no matter which one it is, even if you won't be able to finish another one. :)

 

16 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Watch a few episodes of the anime and if you like it then get the game, otherwise not worth buying

 

For me it was the other way round. I bought the VN first and enjoyed it. After that I decided to give the anime a try and ditched it after two episodes. xD

And yep, it felt a bit too short, especially the second half.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent update; Dragon's Crown, 白衣性愛情依存症,  さかあがりハリケーンPortable, エクステトラ and Asphalt: Injection are ready to pop.  You can also add Muv Luv Alternative and Ray Gigant  to my completion list for now.  :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neosamuraione said:

Recent update; Dragon's Crown, 白衣性愛情依存症,  さかあがりハリケーンPortable, エクステトラ and Asphalt: Injection are ready to pop.  You can also add Muv Luv Alternative and Ray Gigant  to my completion list for now.  :)

 

Got your list updated. Congrats on the progress. :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th game down. Adventures of Mana is ready to pop. The Level 99 grind really wasn't that bad to me. Maybe because the guide here made me think it was going to take 3x what it did? Level 50 save: 12 hours and 32 minutes. Level 98 save: 16 hours on the dot. So, only took about 3 and a half hours. A whole lot less than 10+. :lol:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll attempt to finish Ys 4: Memories of Celceta for the next event date (not Persona 4G as listed). The game has more content than I expected from Ys so I don't know if I'll get everything done, but I'm playing it and earning some trophies now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting a new game today, Summon Night 6. I doubt that I will complete it all in a month but it is a fun looking tactical game. The cover is what sold me though. It goes on to tell you about how many alternate ending or that you could not complete it and just keep it in a good spot to look cool. It also has a whopping 70 page manual. In these days when you are lucky to get a leaflet something of that size is suprising, especially for a vita game.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

5th game down. Adventures of Mana is ready to pop. The Level 99 grind really wasn't that bad to me. Maybe because the guide here made me think it was going to take 3x what it did? Level 50 save: 12 hours and 32 minutes. Level 98 save: 16 hours on the dot. So, only took about 3 and a half hours. A whole lot less than 10+. :lol:

 

The guide estimated a time of 10+ hours for the grind? That's quite much as it only took me 3 to 4 hours myself. But if the guide mentions such a time the level grind doesn't feel as bad as it normally does. BTW:

On 14.1.2019 at 7:51 AM, DamagingRob said:

Will see how completing some of them goes. I'd be happy just to complete half, really.

Most of the games you played so far seem to be on the shorter side but you still managed to do 5 games in less than 10 days so that's still quite impressive. All I gotta say is:

giphy.gif

 

8 hours ago, mecharobot said:

I'll attempt to finish Ys 4: Memories of Celceta for the next event date (not Persona 4G as listed). The game has more content than I expected from Ys so I don't know if I'll get everything done, but I'm playing it and earning some trophies now.

 

Got it switched back to Ys. :) 

 

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Starting a new game today, Summon Night 6. I doubt that I will complete it all in a month but it is a fun looking tactical game. The cover is what sold me though. It goes on to tell you about how many alternate ending or that you could not complete it and just keep it in a good spot to look cool. It also has a whopping 70 page manual. In these days when you are lucky to get a leaflet something of that size is suprising, especially for a vita game.  

 

The only other Vita-game that seems to have such a big manual is the LRG-release for Cosmic Star Heroine AFAIK. That features over 60 pages and it already barely fits into a Vita-case. xD SN6 seems to be quite a lengthy and a demanding game. Don't know anything about it but finishing every battle with an S-rank, which is most likely the highest one, seems like a demanding task. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

The guide estimated a time of 10+ hours for the grind? That's quite much as it only took me 3 to 4 hours myself. But if the guide mentions such a time the level grind doesn't feel as bad as it normally does. BTW:

Yeah, I don't know where that time estimate came from.. I did notice the clock continues to run, even when the Vita is in Sleep Mode. Because of that, even my total playtime may be a bit higher than what it actually was. :dunno:

 

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Most of the games you played so far seem to be on the shorter side but you still managed to do 5 games in less than 10 days so that's still quite impressive. All I gotta say is:

:lol: Yeah, I have managed to stick with playing on the Vita better than I thought. I'd really gravitated to the PS4, and hadn't played on it much for quite awhile.. But I will have to stop avoiding the two longer ones (Superdimension and Lost Dimension), eventually. :P Even they aren't super long, though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

 

The only other Vita-game that seems to have such a big manual is the LRG-release for Cosmic Star Heroine AFAIK. That features over 60 pages and it already barely fits into a Vita-case. xD SN6 seems to be quite a lengthy and a demanding game. Don't know anything about it but finishing every battle with an S-rank, which is most likely the highest one, seems like a demanding task. 

 

Well I am stuck with it now, of course it has a trap trophy like won your first battle 😀. It has a bunch of UR stuff to do. Not only S ranks, but another is to get all the bonus conditions complete for each battle. You also need to get all the cooking dishes and one I have seen alot of complaints about is the fishing. You need to catch all the fish but both min and max sizes. Oh also all of the side converations available. I guess there is a reason only ten people out of over 1100 have completed it. 

 

Playing it reminds me alot of FF Tactics. One of my fav PS one games. Doing the alternate stuff to get Cloud on your team was fun and was an addicting game.

 

The manual fits nicely but man when you pick up the case you can feel the weight difference. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While still being in a bit of a slump about my career options and jumping from game to game, I did get started on 2 100% games for my dearest companion’s birthday the VITA birthday in February! I’ll be doing a cute 🕊️ parody dating sim that I bought (again) from the current sale and a not-so-cute middle-age beat ‘em up:

  • Curses ‘n Chaos 
  • Hatoful Boyfriend

I’d love to list more games, London Detective Mysteria (which is amazing BTW ♡) for one, but I cannot guarantee that I’ll have it and/or others finished by the 22nd. So I’ll leave it at those 2 for now d( ´ω`*)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

While still being in a bit of a slump about my career options and jumping from game to game, I did get started on 2 100% games for my dearest companion’s birthday the VITA birthday in February! I’ll be doing a cute 1f54a.png parody dating sim that I bought (again) from the current sale and a not-so-cute middle-age beat ‘em up:

  • Curses ‘n Chaos 
  • Hatoful Boyfriend

 

 

I got your list updated, mon amour. As you already read HB I'm sure you will enjoy it. Do you also consider reading Holiday Star a second time?

 

6 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

I’d love to list more games, London Detective Mysteria (which is amazing BTW ♡) for one, but I cannot guarantee that I’ll have it and/or others finished by the 22nd. So I’ll leave it at those 2 for now d( ´ω`*)

 

Seems like Jack has stolen your heart, ma princesse. Jean Lupin can't tolerate this sin but he still hopes that you will have a good time with the story of LDM. :P 

 

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Okay! So Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X is finally ready to pop. It was a great game and all, but man, going for the platinum was quite a painful experience. So much grinding and RNG... I started it all the way back in June of 2017 and I've been playing it in short bursts of maybe 20-30 mins a week on average since. I'm very glad to have it done! ^_^

I'm going to look very silly if I don't manage to complete this one given what happened in the 5th anniversary, but please add Muramasa Rebirth to my list. I've been putting in a lot of time and effort into this game recently and I've made some good progress with the DLC's. I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get it done in time. Hold me to that! :P

 

Congrats on the progress. :D

As you were able to finish two of the four DLCs already I'm sure you will be able to manage the game. And unlike me you seem to be a person that mostly sticks to his plans so I have confidence in you.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.