Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

Oh I forgot to put an update on this one. I would like to add Yomawari: Night Alone on my list. It is also ready to pop xD 

I am currently unsure if I can add Operarion abyss, I am hating it atm but making a decent progress as well.

Laatly, I will have 4 days off from work so hopefully I can finally make progress on Hakuoki before KH3 eat my gaming time next week xD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaM said:

Oh I forgot to put an update on this one. I would like to add Yomawari: Night Alone on my list. It is also ready to pop xD 

I am currently unsure if I can add Operarion abyss, I am hating it atm but making a decent progress as well.

Laatly, I will have 4 days off from work so hopefully I can finally make progress on Hakuoki before KH3 eat my gaming time next week xD

Congrats on the progress. 

And hope you will have fun with KH3. :D 

• Like 1

This nightmare finally ends... Wanted Corp. is ready to pop. Though I'll have to play the first mission one more time, to have enough money to buy the final upgrade.. Awful, awful game. I don't know if it would be any better playing on the PS3 with another person, but the AI is fucking atrocious. Often times just not doing anything, and leaving you to do it all yourself. :spank: Also had no idea where to carry this thing in the final level, and had to look it up on YouTube. :shakefist:

And f.y.i. there is no online multiplayer or associated online trophy for the Vita port. Not sure if that's already been mentioned yet or not, but @Kittet3 has it listed in the "Multiplayer Boosting" section. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

This nightmare finally ends... Wanted Corp. is ready to pop. Though I'll have to play the first mission one more time, to have enough money to buy the final upgrade.. Awful, awful game. I don't know if it would be any better playing on the PS3 with another person, but the AI is fucking atrocious. Often times just not doing anything, and leaving you to do it all yourself. :spank: Also had no idea where to carry this thing in the final level, and had to look it up on YouTube. :shakefist:

And f.y.i. there is no online multiplayer or associated online trophy for the Vita port. Not sure if that's already been mentioned yet or not, but @Kittet3 has it listed in the "Multiplayer Boosting" section. 

Yeah, I figured that out eventually after a confusing round of guide hopping :P Congrats!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Congrats, I guess? xD

But see it in a positive way. You cleared one game from your backlog and even if you have another game added for the category it seems like you can use Wanted Corp for the Bad Reputation-category of the 10 Things I Hate-event:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/wanted-corp

11 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I haven't made as much progress as I would've liked, but here's an update: I've finished everything except the trophy for obtaining all weapons in Bullet Girls 2. I held off on buying one weapon, so that'll be easy to do later on. In short, it's a very well done sequel. The story mode is twice as long since there is a separate scenario for the original cast and the new characters. Of the new characters, I like Jerii the most (technically "Jelly", but neither really sounds like a French name). In a lot of ways she's just the typical "foreigner" character, (see Kate and Karen) but that's fine with me. While she is French, the writers didn't seem to get that quite right...

Congrats on the progess. And I'm not well-versed into anime tropes but let alone the fact that Jelly has blonde hair raises the flag for the typical foreign character. But it's nice to hear that you enjoyed the sequel. :)

11 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

At this point, I'm not sure if I'll finish God Eater in time. It's too early to say for sure, though. I've been way too distracted by other games lately. I've played Tales of Vesperia quite a bit since the definitive edition came out, and I just got Resident Evil 2 (remake) last night. It's not that I don't like God Eater; in fact, I really enjoyed the 25 (or so) hours I've played so far. I of course named/modelled my character after Renne, and I'm using the scythe. Oh yeah, and I can see why people like Alisa so much now. 

With all those highly-anticipated releases like Tales of Vesperia, Resident Evil 2, or Kingdom Hearts 3 it's no surprise that people get a bie side-tracked. It's normal for any event. I also enjoyed the few hours I spend in Mary Skelter: Nightmares (or Final Fantasy X) but I just feel like playing other games right now, too.

And about Alisa: I always thought people like her so much because of her outfit. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats, I guess? xD

But see it in a positive way. You cleared one game from your backlog and even if you have another game added for the category it seems like you can use Wanted Corp for the Bad Reputation-category of the 10 Things I Hate-event:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/wanted-corp

:lol: Those reviews seem to echo my sentiments. And didn't even think about that; had no idea the Vita version was so bad.. 

9 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats on the progess. And I'm not well-versed into anime tropes but let alone the fact that Jelly has blonde hair raises the flag for the typical foreign character. But it's nice to hear that you enjoyed the sequel. :)

I don't know much about anime tropes either, so I was mostly going off my own observations. Kate is probably the most obscure example I can think of; I doubt many people here have even heard of Sketchbook: Full Color's (weird slice of life anime from 2007). I'm sure the foreigner stereotype goes way farther back, but that's the earliest example I can think of.

With all those highly-anticipated releases like Tales of Vesperia, Resident Evil 2, or Kingdom Hearts 3 it's no surprise that people get a bie side-tracked. It's normal for any event. I also enjoyed the few hours I spend in Mary Skelter: Nightmares (or Final Fantasy X) but I just feel like playing other games right now, too.

I guess it's a good thing that I don't care about Kingdom Hearts then; the last thing I need is another distraction, lol.

And about Alisa: I always thought people like her so much because of her outfit. 1f605.png

Well, I do think she's cute, but I was actually referring to how useful she is in battle — unlike Canon who shoots me all the damn time... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ElysiumDragonfly said:

; - ; Mind=0 is FINALLY ready to pop! Once I have the plat I'll post a review of my not-so-enjoyable time with it. Thank goodness it's done, though!

I'm working on London Detective Mysteria and Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors. I'm going on vacation soon and bringing my vita, so I'm hoping I can at least get close to completing those two!

1548605827-1.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the club of the crazy people who found the inner courage and insanity to finish this horrible game :)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ElysiumDragonfly said:

; - ; Mind=0 is FINALLY ready to pop! Once I have the plat I'll post a review of my not-so-enjoyable time with it. Thank goodness it's done, though!

I'm working on London Detective Mysteria and Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors. I'm going on vacation soon and bringing my vita, so I'm hoping I can at least get close to completing those two!

Congratulations on that progress. :D

And hope you have fun with LDM and hope your first route will be with one of the characters you enjoy (--> I just learned I'm locked into a route I don't really like <_< ).

9 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

Since it is still on my list to play...can I know what's so horrible about Mind Zero?  Glitchy or game design or just all of the above?

Cheap Persona knockoff that attracts people with its only good point : its chara-design. Everything else is a cluster of what you can find in a bad dungeon crawler : poor dungeon design, boring story with a stupid ending, battles that take forever for a small amount of xp, lots of grind. I enjoyed MeiQ and Dungeon Travelers 2 more than Mind=Zero and those are not amazing dungeon crawlers either. I think I hate the game so much because I had so much hope in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myu said:

Cheap Persona knockoff that attracts people with its only good point : its chara-design. Everything else is a cluster of what you can find in a bad dungeon crawler : poor dungeon design, boring story with a stupid ending, battles that take forever for a small amount of xp, lots of grind. I enjoyed MeiQ and Dungeon Travelers 2 more than Mind=Zero and those are not amazing dungeon crawlers either. I think I hate the game so much because I had so much hope in it.

Ah.  So I'll just set my expectations low and grind it out.  Later.  First gotta get back to Norn9!  2/9 routes completed.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, Crimson Idol said:

I got your list updated, mon amour. As you already read HB I'm sure you will enjoy it. Do you also consider reading Holiday Star a second time?

[...]

Seems like Jack has stolen your heart, ma princesse. Jean Lupin can't tolerate this sin but he still hopes that you will have a good time with the story of LDM. :P 

Thank... you...

6991-E3-E1-87-EE-474-E-9-A54-54-BBAEA976

No, honestly, you had made my day then. And the next day after that because thinking back to your post made me snicker and giggle. I’d post all these wonderful and shiny Jack CGs... but the best ones are the most spoilerific. 

I am following a Japanese walkthrough and I already made that one common save for the other endings, but I haven’t touched that lunatic’s route Lupin’s route yet. I think I’ll do Watson or Marple (koinu, wan wan!) next. I stalked your profile for LDM and saw that you earned the picnic trophy. Which route did you get locked into: Hooooomzu, Watoson or glasses guy? 

Edit: Curses ‘n Chaos is ready to pop-sicle!

Edited by Fenrirfeather
Scatterbrained.
  • Like 1

I figured I would take a short break from Resident Evil 2 last night and play Undertale since it was short. It's ready to pop now, but yeah... I'm not a fan. Being ill probably didn't help with this, but I found the whole experience to be rather miserable tbh. The puzzles, the gameplay, etc. I don't think I'll ever understand why this game became so popular. It plays with your expectations I guess? Makes fun of other (much better) games? Ehh... Oh well, at least I can say I've played it now for what that's worth.

• Like 1

Got both of you updated

5 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Which route did you get locked into: Hooooomzu, Watoson or glasses guy? 

I got locked into Ken-chan's route. I actually aimed for Watson but it seems like I made one too many choices to raise the affection of Akechi to the maximum at that branching point. As I made a separate save at the start of each new chapter it's easy to go to the picnic and see if I can still get Watson's route. But after reloading one of the saves from the route it seems like I can at least get Kobayashi's ending now, too. I tend to play blind for the first playthroughs in VNs so I'm sure I will have to reread/skip a lot of text. ?

And I'm glad that those references to Yuuya and Lupin made your day. :)

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The puzzles, the gameplay, etc. I don't think I'll ever understand why this game became so popular. It plays with your expectations I guess? Makes fun of other (much better) games? Ehh... Oh well, at least I can say I've played it now for what that's worth.

First of all: Hope you get well soon! :)

From what I heard Undertale seems to evolve into a really interesting game if you try different playstyles, e.g. one pacifist run and after that doing a genocide run. But if you solely do one run it surely feels lackluster if you can't sympathize with the characters. At least that's what I think as I also didn't really enjoy my first and only run (which was a pacifist one as I wanted to see what the fuss is about) and I didn't feel any motivation to do a second run as there was no character I liked.

May I ask which type of run you did?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

First of all: Hope you get well soon! :)

From what I heard Undertale seems to evolve into a really interesting game if you try different playstyles, e.g. one pacifist run and after that doing a genocide run. But if you solely do one run it surely feels lackluster if you can't sympathize with the characters. At least that's what I think as I also didn't really enjoy my first and only run (which was a pacifist one as I wanted to see what the fuss is about) and I didn't feel any motivation to do a second run as there was no character I liked.

May I ask which type of run you did?

Thanks. :)

I did a pacifist run too since that was about the only unique mechanic the game had going for it when it comes to RPG's. I'll admit that I did go into the game expecting to dislike it, so that probably affected my judgement of it. There's just something about the developer, the game, and its fanbase that gets on my nerves... But still, even without these preconceived notions, it's not really something I enjoy playing. It felt like less of a game and more of an experience, with the dialogue and "quirkiness" taking centre stage.

I'm sure the game does change in interesting ways based on how you play, but I don't care enough to find out tbh. I can't even force myself to finish one playthrough, let alone another one. :P So yeah, Undertale was kind of a dud, but I am looking forward to playing Cosmic Star Heroine. It definitely seems more my style. :D

***WARNING CONTAINS UNDERTALE SPOILERS***

Spoiler

It's a shame you didn't like Undertale. You should have gone for a neutral ending first and found out the true horror of what LOVE really stands for at the end (kill some and spare some. I preferred to kill all the bosses including Sans brother so when I got the neutral ending phone call, Sans was all cheerful and friendly at first explaining how I completely screwed over the Underworld, then ended things with a fuck you and wishing for your painful suffering after mentioning how I killed his innocent brother). Also you have a very challenging boss battle that only happens once in the neutral route without performing a true reset. The boss will even screw up your saves so every time you start the game you will end up at the boss battle, until you win. Then do a TRUE PACIFIST run to get properly attached to all the characters and understand how the final boss battle in the neutral route ties together in the pacifist route. Especially that scene near the end where a certain character is WARNING you not to RESET the game because you already got the happiest ending and what you are about to do because of your curiosity will fuck you up permanently. 

Then start the GENOCIDE route where you kill everything to the point in every area, where instead of an enemy encounter you get "And no one came...."

The final boss battle in this route is just insane. He'll start off by saying: "It's such a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. On days like this, kids like you should be burning in HELL!" And starts the battle with his ultimate attack right from the get go saying something like why should he save it for last? Quite a fun and challenging battle that took me more than a dozen tries to win. He'll keep saying that no matter how DETERMINED you are, he'll never let you win so you can keep fighting him endlessly in this judgement hall forever. Quite funny how his dialogue changes every time you die at his hands, showing that he is one of the few characters who actually remembers the shit you pulled even if you reload a save. Like in the first boss battle at the end of the ruins, if you kill her, reload your save and spare her this time, her dialogue will change a bit.

That is basically what makes Undertale so special. You will actually be forced to bear the weight of your sins. Going for a pacifist run from the very beginning means you have already missed out on the fun aspects of Undertale. Kill a lot but not everything to properly enjoy the neutral route first, then go for a true pacifist run and finally a genocide run to understand the full extent of the cruelty you are committing. At the end of the genocide route you can no longer reset, because by killing literally everything the Underworld was completely destroyed. A certain character will appear and mock you saying that even though he tempted and controlled you a few times in the Genocide route, you the player are the one who chose this and have to accept the consequences of your actions. The only way to fix this is with a TRUE RESET by offering up your SOUL. Refusing the offer will result in a black screen for like 10 minutes before the same conversation will happen again until you give up your soul but doing so will result in SOULLESS endings. Even after you go for a pacifist run after going for a genocide run, you only get soulless pacifist route where it's implied that after the supposed happy ending, you proceeded to kill everyone lol. After all without a soul you don't have feelings or a conscience even. Doing a second genocide run but refusing the offer to reset at the end will have ***** go like "YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE LONG AGO."

Sorry for going on such a long rant, but I couldn't stand seeing one of my favorite games being misunderstood like that. The trophies for the PS ver. heavily disappointed me and stopped me from buying the game again, since none of them requires you to see any of the game's three endings, meaning trophy hunters will completely miss out on what makes this game so good. Or those awesome boss battles in the neutral and genocide routes.

Edited by ex10097
  • Like 1

Incidentally, Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair is ready to pop. Really enjoyed my time with it, with the only downsides being the annoying grinds for pets, gacha and Monomi mode. The logic in the sequel is a lot harder, with some of them not being very clear, so if you are confused or stuck, better to refer to a walkthrough rather than lose a lot of influence. Most of the new mechanics are okay, except for the "Improved" Hangman's Gambit which is clearly a major downgrade imo. I mean hangman is supposed to be a game where you figure out a word by guessing with random letters, not by guessing each letter in a specific order. At least in the first game, some of the letters are already filled in, allowing you to figure out the word without too much difficulty. But in the sequel, the word is completely blank and you need to combine letters and actively eliminate wrong letters and shoot the right ones in the correct order otherwise risk losing a lot of influence from their collisions. Gets really annoying in later debates as letters are all over the screen moving quite rapidly. Logic Dive was quite fun to play, as it's kinda like skating/surfing. I did love how epic the final class trial was, with three characters from the first game making a reapperance at the end to help out.

Looking forward to finally watching the Danganronpa 3 anime. I think the recommended order was to watch one episode of Future followed by one episode of Despair and keep alternating back and forth, with Hope being the last episode? Unfortunately don't plan on starting Danganronpa V3 for a while, due to being quite busy but might get one more game ready for Feb event

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chellesan said:

Hmm I'm a blind, I don't see myself in the participants for the Western birthday 1f913.png

You are listed as no. 36 and the games are all listed? Or do you mean something different?

1 hour ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Here’s a Watson for these many prompt updates and all your efforts & to help carry you through Ken’s route (and/or the Kobayashi friendship end which is short but fairly cute!). Hang in there, がんばって!

A3-AC5324-B2-AD-4182-BE8-E-9-B3-FED197-A

Thank you! There wasn't actually much left for Ken's route (about 10 minutes or so) and after that I was able to read Kobayashi's route. Now I'm on track for Watson (I'm at the beginning of Fog over East End). 

8 hours ago, ex10097 said:

Incidentally, Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair is ready to pop.

Didn't notice that you did a second post after the one related to Undertale.

Congrats on getting Dangan 2 ready to pop. Personally I didn't like it as much as the first installment, mainly as I didn't enjoy most of the cast and some of the minigames (like the mentioned "Improved" Hangman) during the trails didn't help either. <_<