Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

But other than that, it was a fairly fun and short romp. Save file is just about at 22 hours, so the trophy guide's estimate is pretty accurate. Probably listened to the opening theme more times than I care to admit. ?

The Hyperdimention and co games have some of the BEST opening themes so no one can fault you for that.  I love that music!  Glad you liked it, though, I just picked up up at the last sale since I'm a sucker for that series.

I've been seeing a lot of talk about London Detective Mysteria so that's good since it seemed really interesting for me.  Personally, still working my way through Norn9.  I should have it ready in time, though.  3/9 routes down.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Probably listened to the opening theme more times than I care to admit. 1f605.png

There are really some superb opening themes for the Neptunia-franchise. My favorite so far was Rave:tech(^_^)New;world (the opening of Re;Birth 3):

Spoiler

I even bought both the albums prismatic infinity carat. and prismatic infinity carat. ii as they feature a whole bunch of Neptunia-openings. ^_^

15 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

I've been seeing a lot of talk about London Detective Mysteria so that's good since it seemed really interesting for me.  Personally, still working my way through Norn9.  I should have it ready in time, though.  3/9 routes down.

I would say it's best to give the demo a try. It only features the prologue but it should help you to give a first impression on whether you might enjoy it or not. Just be warned that the main character is a typical airhead. <_< 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

The Hyperdimention and co games have some of the BEST opening themes so no one can fault you for that.  I love that music!  Glad you liked it, though, I just picked up up at the last sale since I'm a sucker for that series.

Yeah, I like them a lot, as well. Pretty much bought every single one that isn't a "repeat," I think. 

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

There are really some superb opening themes for the Neptunia-franchise. My favorite so far was Rave:tech(^_^)New;world (the opening of Re;Birth 3):

Reveal hidden contents

I even bought both the albums prismatic infinity carat. and prismatic infinity carat. ii as they feature a whole bunch of Neptunia-openings. ^_^ 

That one is really nice. :) Never heard it before, since I bought and played Victory, and read this is pretty much the same story as that. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

That one is really nice. :) Never heard it before, since I bought and played Victory, and read this is pretty much the same story as that. 

Yeah, it's mostly the same only with one side-story added about some weird antagonists that represent mobile gaming IIRC. Oh and there's Stella, but unlike in Re;Birth 2 it's much easier. :D 

20 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

Hey @Crimson Idol, I'd like to add "Ratchet and Clank" to my list. The game is ready to pop. :platinum:

Congrats on that. Especially for doing that bolt grind as one of the first things. :) 

9 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

I'd like to add Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure, Pic-A-Pix Pieces, and Reverie to my list.

I'd add Neptunia Re;Birth2 too but I think Stella is definitely going to screw that one up. I'll see if I can get that one ready, but it might not work out.

Got the three games added. To be honest when I saw the banner for Phil's Epic Adventure I wondered why he wants you to recreate QR-codes. :giggle: And I hope the RNG with Stella in Re;Birth 2 won't screw with you.

• Like 1

Soooooo I'm still on Trails of Cold Steel. I didn't expect so much story content, I thought it was gonna be a bit like the Caligula Effect where each cut scene lasts no more than 2 minutes and then you're back on grinding and exploring for several hours before the next part of the plot. Trails of Cold Steel is probably 80% story 20% exploration and it's a nice change of pace. I'm only near the end of Chapter 4 and it feels like I've invested a lot of time in this game. I'm really curious about what's going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Myu said:

Soooooo I'm still on Trails of Cold Steel. I didn't expect so much story content, I thought it was gonna be a bit like the Caligula Effect where each cut scene lasts no more than 2 minutes and then you're back on grinding and exploring for several hours before the next part of the plot. Trails of Cold Steel is probably 80% story 20% exploration and it's a nice change of pace. I'm only near the end of Chapter 4 and it feels like I've invested a lot of time in this game. I'm really curious about what's going to happen.

I really like Trails of Cold Steel.  I played it on the PS3 but it reminded me of Persona in gameplay/story balance.  I had a few issues with it but I think the second one may fix some of that.  Enjoy~

• Like 1

Good news since i just prepared my 2nd game for the upcoming special day :D ... i played nothing else besides Word Search by POWGI for a almost a week but now i'm very close to the :platinum: ... only 2 words are missing in the final puzzle. I did enjoy this one very high :) some puzzles were easy ( 5 min), some were hard (10 min) but i learned some new words and after each puzzle there was a little joke which i laughed at in maybe half amount of them (26 so far)... i'll be honest though if i start this on my ps4 i'll use a guide :D

I have planned to finish both Cosmic Star Heroine and 2064 in the remaining time. I'll play 2064 on ps4 next though as to avoid a game crashing bug while attempting a non save/load playthrough which appears very likely on Vita but not on the PS4...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'll play 2064 on ps4 next though as to avoid a game crashing bug while attempting a non save/load playthrough which appears very likely on Vita but not on the PS4...

To be honest I can understand that it makes more sense to play the game on the PS4 as it's less likely to crash for the Iron Rom-run but that would still defeat the purpose of the event which was based on playing game on the Vita only.

There's no way to control if someone really played the game on the Vita when it comes to shared lists like this but I would appreciate it if people would stick to that premise. I know there's a few edge cases (e.g. the one multiplayer-trophy in One Piece: Unlimited World Red which requires ad-hoc whereas on PS3 you only need a second controller) where it's nearly impossible to play the game on Vita solely but it seems like there's a chance that the game soft locks or crashes no matter on which system you play so I would say you should give it a try on the Vita first. It also seems like it didn't crash during your initial playthrough so maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

Well i didn't play 2064 in one go so far as i was closing the game once in a while to look at my trophy list and synch it. No idea why i have to close the game in the first place. And while i think i'll have 0% chance i'll give it a go on Vita. But then i doubt i'll get both CSH and 2064 done in the remaining days o it's a loss either way :P@Crimson Idol

Well, I haven’t made as much progress as I’d like in Cold Steel (read as still on chp 1) :dunno:

Blame shorter availability to game. I’ve been sticking to quicker games I can play for a few rounds without worrying about story. & now Appreciation Fest is happening in Monster Hunter so I’ve been jumping in on that for better chances at earning crowns.

It’s doubtful I’ll finish my last entry & I don’t want to now (but for a good reason). The few hours of the game I’ve played are great so far. I’m liking the academy/town set up that I’m sure will have plenty of side quests. But I’m the person who has to complete every single one & talk to all the NPCs. & if the story content is as hefty as Myu mentioned then I’ll probably finish the story & set the game aside for a couple months before going NG+ with fresh eyes. So it’s definitely not getting done by the end of the month. I have a replacement though!

Can you switch out Cold Steel for Code: Realize – Future Blessings, please? I originally wanted to make that my birthday plat this year, but that’s not happening... I figured I’d fall behind this month so I saved Need for Speed just in case. Plus why waste a Vita game when it’d work better for this event ^_^ Reading a chapter every other night should have this one ready soon.

• Like 1

Well, I've had to abandon yet another game because of game crashes, which made the plat unobtainable for me. Since I can't fully beat the game, I can't get the trophies for One Life Mode and the epilogue, which happens right after the part where the game crashes. I've tried so many things, I even downloaded my save on the older version and started a new playthrough because otherwise the save won't work because of version differences but then I encountered yet another bug that wouldn't allow me to save the game after a certain point and I ended up losing nearly all of my progress towards the end of the game. I guess there goes another game on the pile of games that will be finished whenever I happen to get a PS4...

On 1/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Nice to hear that you enjoy Fallen Legion, even if it seems like it's a bit unpolished. 

I really wish I could recommend the game but the crashes made the plat unobtainable and the framerate makes the game playable at best on the Vita version. Besides that I really ended up loving the soundtrack and the gameplay and liking the story.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Don't know for sure but to me it seems like from the three games (Ayesha, Toukiden, and Oreshika) Ayesha will probably be the "shortest". Hope you enjoy the time with the games you choose no matter which one it is, even if you won't be able to finish another one. :)

Yeah, but since I want to experience Ayesha blind, I'd have to do a third unguided playthrough, which would likely raise the expected time to platinum of the guide well above a hundred hours. On the other hand I've already played about 15 hours of Oreshika for the last KYC event, so I'll take less time to finish up the game. Either way, I don't think I'll finish another game before the date and since I'm now able to count my Vita backlog on one hand, I'll probably go show the PS3 some love, now that you've saved me in that regard. I still have to take revenge on AC3 for breaking my PS3. :shakefist:

On 2/1/2019 at 6:12 PM, Crimson Idol said:

To be honest I can understand that it makes more sense to play the game on the PS4 as it's less likely to crash for the Iron Rom-run but that would still defeat the purpose of the event which was based on playing game on the Vita only.

There's no way to control if someone really played the game on the Vita when it comes to shared lists like this but I would appreciate it if people would stick to that premise. I know there's a few edge cases (e.g. the one multiplayer-trophy in One Piece: Unlimited World Red which requires ad-hoc whereas on PS3 you only need a second controller) where it's nearly impossible to play the game on Vita solely but it seems like there's a chance that the game soft locks or crashes no matter on which system you play so I would say you should give it a try on the Vita first. It also seems like it didn't crash during your initial playthrough so maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

By now I'd think it's impossible to do on Vita. I've tried it so many times and the game always crashed by chapter 3 or 4. It even crashed in the final sequence once on one of my non-Iron Rom playthroughs, so up until the very last moment the game can screw you over. And it's not even due to skipping text, since you're unable to skip the text of the final section.

I don't know about how you handle those edge cases but I'd totally say that at least one playthrough on PS4 is required to plat the game, unless it's just some region specific thing where I end up getting screwed because I played the European version. In the end I'd just advise @Evil_Joker88 to play the game on PS4 outside of the event to avoid a lot of frustration. Apparently you can skip text much faster on PS4 as well, which is the biggest gripe I have about the Vita version because skipping the text is slow enough that I could basically still read everything that was said. Since the game is so text-heavy, you end up sitting through hours of already read text to get all of the endings and especially when it comes to the Iron Rom playthrough...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

It’s doubtful I’ll finish my last entry & I don’t want to now (but for a good reason). The few hours of the game I’ve played are great so far. I’m liking the academy/town set up that I’m sure will have plenty of side quests. But I’m the person who has to complete every single one & talk to all the NPCs. & if the story content is as hefty as Myu mentioned then I’ll probably finish the story & set the game aside for a couple months before going NG+ with fresh eyes. So it’s definitely not getting done by the end of the month. I have a replacement though!

Can you switch out Cold Steel for Code: Realize – Future Blessings, please? I originally wanted to make that my birthday plat this year, but that’s not happening... I figured I’d fall behind this month so I saved Need for Speed just in case. Plus why waste a Vita game when it’d work better for this event ^_^ Reading a chapter every other night should have this one ready soon.

It's nice to hear that you are enjoying Cold Steel so much. Rushing a game solely to meet some kind of deadline surely ain't a good thing if you want to enjyo the game to it's fullest. Got your games swapped! :) 

16 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

I realize I haven't posted my list of games for this event. I'm working on 

- PlayStation all-stars battle royal

- Pic-a-pix pieces

I'm not sure if I'll add anymore as I'm more motivated playing PS4 games right now

Got both games added. 

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

My thumbs feel like they're about to fall off and I really should get some sleep. 1f634.png But Guacamelee!... is ready. 

Hope you had a good sleep as you surely deserve it after killing all those baddies and even doing all Infierno-challenges. :D 

10 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I've had to abandon yet another game because of game crashes, which made the plat unobtainable for me. Since I can't fully beat the game, I can't get the trophies for One Life Mode and the epilogue, which happens right after the part where the game crashes. I've tried so many things, I even downloaded my save on the older version and started a new playthrough because otherwise the save won't work because of version differences but then I encountered yet another bug that wouldn't allow me to save the game after a certain point and I ended up losing nearly all of my progress towards the end of the game. I guess there goes another game on the pile of games that will be finished whenever I happen to get a PS4...

I really wish I could recommend the game but the crashes made the plat unobtainable and the framerate makes the game playable at best on the Vita version. Besides that I really ended up loving the soundtrack and the gameplay and liking the story.

I guess once can say that you are out of luck quite often with the games. I'm still impressed that you kept the motivation to try all those different things as I saw quite a bunch of "played Fallen Legion for the first time"-messages in the activity feed. :\ 

11 hours ago, xFalionx said:

By now I'd think it's impossible to do on Vita. I've tried it so many times and the game always crashed by chapter 3 or 4. It even crashed in the final sequence once on one of my non-Iron Rom playthroughs, so up until the very last moment the game can screw you over. And it's not even due to skipping text, since you're unable to skip the text of the final section.

I don't know about how you handle those edge cases but I'd totally say that at least one playthrough on PS4 is required to plat the game, unless it's just some region specific thing where I end up getting screwed because I played the European version. In the end I'd just advise @Evil_Joker88 to play the game on PS4 outside of the event to avoid a lot of frustration. Apparently you can skip text much faster on PS4 as well, which is the biggest gripe I have about the Vita version because skipping the text is slow enough that I could basically still read everything that was said. Since the game is so text-heavy, you end up sitting through hours of already read text to get all of the endings and especially when it comes to the Iron Rom playthrough...

To be honest I don't really know to handle such edge-cases. I already mentioned One Piece: Unlimited World Red. It has one multiplayer-trophy which requires to play ad-hoc on the Vita but only a second controller when playing it on the PS3-version. And playing in ad-hoc is impossible most of the time as you need a second Vita (or the luck to have a local friend with one) so that's a case where I allow to earn the one trophy via the PS3-version.

But as you mention that it has some problems I would say that it's fine to use the PS4 to do the Iron Rom-run @Evil_Joker88. The same goes for @Ratchet2425 (as you also intended to play the game).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Hope you had a good sleep as you surely deserve it after killing all those baddies and even doing all Infierno-challenges. :D 

Lol. Fun game, but it was a lot more difficult than I imagined.. And the guide writer gives it a 4/10. :spank: If I had known, I may have used the difficulty glitch, and just played on Normal. I did use it to revert back to Normal, though. Wasn't doing those challenges on Hard. :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

To be honest I don't really know to handle such edge-cases. I already mentioned One Piece: Unlimited World Red. It has one multiplayer-trophy which requires to play ad-hoc on the Vita but only a second controller when playing it on the PS3-version. And playing in ad-hoc is impossible most of the time as you need a second Vita (or the luck to have a local friend with one) so that's a case where I allow to earn the one trophy via the PS3-version.

But as you mention that it has some problems I would say that it's fine to use the PS4 to do the Iron Rom-run. The same goes for @Ratchet2425 (as you also intended to play the game).

Actually, I was about to write up a post talking about my progress and that I wanted to remove that game from my list :lol:. Long story short I'm going to be out of town during the time the plats are supposed to be popped, and I'm going to have little time over the next few weeks to prep games. Good news is that I've got another game prepped, got Hitman GO ready to pop so I could pop my 8,000th trophy :D.

• Like 1

Gotten very far in Tales of Hearts with defeating Creed and Faldealmus, gotten all Namcoins. it was nice seeing Pascal from Tales of Graces f. Now to get the Ultimate Armour and Headgear to prepare for fighting Creed on Manic and Unknown difficulty.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. Fun game, but it was a lot more difficult than I imagined.. And the guide writer gives it a 4/10. :spank: If I had known, I may have used the difficulty glitch, and just played on Normal. I did use it to revert back to Normal, though. Wasn't doing those challenges on Hard. :lol:

Totally forgot that the first installment had only one save (although I recently tackled the remaining challenges). Doing those challenges on hard difficulty surely would be a, ehm, a challenge. xD 

23 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Actually, I was about to write up a post talking about my progress and that I wanted to remove that game from my list :lol:. Long story short I'm going to be out of town during the time the plats are supposed to be popped, and I'm going to have little time over the next few weeks to prep games. Good news is that I've got another game prepped, got Hitman GO ready to pop so I could pop my 8,000th trophy :D.

Got your list updated. I guess there are way too many games that are more enjoyable than 2064 ROM if the time is limited. Hope you enjoyed Hitman and congrats on the milestone!

14 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Ready to Pop:

Heroes Trials

Prepping Skylight Freerange.

Gravity Rush, would be a hopeful setup...I doubt it. Want to at least get something that is 2 year old or more in my Vita backlog done.

Got you updated.

And WTH is Skylight Freerange. It seems rather awkward. xD 

23 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Gotten very far in Tales of Hearts with defeating Creed and Faldealmus, gotten all Namcoins. it was nice seeing Pascal from Tales of Graces f. Now to get the Ultimate Armour and Headgear to prepare for fighting Creed on Manic and Unknown difficulty.

Good work. Fighting Creed on the higher difficulties surely required a bit more thinking than all the other bosses so good luck with that. And nice to see that you platted Xillia 1! :) 

• Like 3

@Crimson Idol

Guess what? Guess what?

Yesterday evening I finally found the courage to play Chaos Child again :P I had absolutely no idea where I had left the story and where it was going and I messed up the two save files I had made for branching purposes :D  But it's okay, taking a long break was beneficial and I don't mind going back to it tonight :) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Myu said:

@Crimson Idol

Guess what? Guess what?

Yesterday evening I finally found the courage to play Chaos Child again :P I had absolutely no idea where I had left the story and where it was going and I messed up the two save files I had made for branching purposes :D  But it's okay, taking a long break was beneficial and I don't mind going back to it tonight :) 

I don't see this post. ?

Hope you will enjoy it at least a tiny bit. :D 

• Like 1