Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

21 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. Sly 3 was my favorite one. :P I am enjoying this one, but the masks and map trophy are a bit tedious.. Basically have to keep checking the lists for both every single mission, to make sure I don't miss any. :/

You always seem to have an elusive taste. :P

Getting all collectibles on the Vita is a bit tedious but IMO still manageable. When i first played the game I didn't keep track of them, though. When I replayed the PS3-version I used the Vita as a secondary "controller" which was implemented as AR-spectacles in the game which I found pretty neat as it shows you the approximate locations of the collectibles. Or you could just use the Cross-Save to autopop them. xD 

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Getting all collectibles on the Vita is a bit tedious but IMO still manageable. When i first played the game I didn't keep track of them, though. When I replayed the PS3-version I used the Vita as a secondary "controller" which was implemented as AR-spectacles in the game which I found pretty neat as it shows you the approximate locations of the collectibles. Or you could just use the Cross-Save to autopop them. xD 

Yeah, I had read about that. Might have been better to play it on the PS3, with that and some of the issues I've had on the Vita.. But then I'd have had to buy it again, and I wasn't going to do that. :lol:

19 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@Crimson Idol I have the most games ready? Well, that's a surprise. Lol. I wouldn't mind having 10 Plats ready to go, but will have to see how it goes. Going through Sly 4 at a bit of a slow pace, or at least it seems that way to me. :P And yes, that's a second deviation from my list. :lol: I don't know if I want to play Blasting Agent on there (or at all), being the reason. 

Will likely try Lost Dimension after Sly 4, but it sounds like I may be relying on RNGesus being kind to me for that one. And more often than not, this isn't the case.. Backup options may be replaying a game with a Vita stack (Cosmic Star Heroine, God of War, Claire), or trying to find out why I dropped Rayman Origins all those years ago. Legends on the PS4 was great (other than the online grind). 

The good thing with Lost Dimension is that you get to transfer your current level on the next playthrough (or all your skill points, I don't remember, but the game becomes really easy thanks to that). Even if you need a 3rd playthrough because the RNG gods were not good to you, it doesn't take that much time. I enjoyed this game a lot but I don't know if it's a popular opinion. I might do the Vita version one day, just for fun.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bos10George said:

I have Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls ready to pop. Unfortunately I just moved and haven't had a lot of Vita time to prep more.

Got you updated. Hope there weren't any big problems with the moving. :) 

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Yeah, I had read about that. Might have been better to play it on the PS3, with that and some of the issues I've had on the Vita.. But then I'd have had to buy it again, and I wasn't going to do that. :lol:

At first I wanted to say that the game is Cross-Buy but that only seems to be in the way that you get the Vita-version for free if you but the PS3-version but not the other way round. ? 

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

At first I wanted to say that the game is Cross-Buy but that only seems to be in the way that you get the Vita-version for free if you but the PS3-version but not the other way round. 1f644.png 

Lol. Yeah, that's the unfortunate reality.. At least with the physical version. Not sure if buying digital only gives you one or both. Makes sense that it wouldn't, since I believe the Vita version was less at launch. :dunno:

I probably won't be able to participate at all due to not having as much time as I had hoped for :( I had prepared Musynx just to have a game for this, but I heard there will be a patch that adds some more songs which seem to be needed for the platinum as well, so I am not sure if I can make it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Izul said:

I probably won't be able to participate at all due to not having as much time as I had hoped for :( I had prepared Musynx just to have a game for this, but I heard there will be a patch that adds some more songs which seem to be needed for the platinum as well, so I am not sure if I can make it.

Sad to hear that but nonetheless thanks for the feedback. Maybe you will still have some luck and will find some time during the 21st to 23rd and the patch will release after that date. 

4 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Now Tales of Hearts R is ready to pop. That Unknown fight took me just almost 2 hours to win.

Congrats on that. And 2 hours seems like a really long time but I don't remember how long it took me when I played the game 4 years ago. 

• Like 1

I take back everything I said about Chaos Child. I've just unlocked the first ending and this VN is one hell of a slow starter but once you get to chapter 6, there's no going back! Steins;gate people are behind it all right!

DisfiguredAnnualGrayreefshark-max-1mb.gi

Edited by Myu
  • Like 4

Don't open spoiler unless you've seen Sly 4's secret ending:

Spoiler

When Sly Cooper was in Egypt's land, let my raccoon go.

So yeah, Sly 4 is ready to pop. I'm both happy and sad. Happy I finally played it, and it was a good game. But saddened by the fact there will likely never be a Sly 5.. Though at least that means I won't have to collect treasures again. That was easily the worst part of the game. If those were shown on the map like bottles (after unlocking a safe), it might not have been so bad. But since they weren't, I had to watch and follow a bunch of videos, and it was just not fun. 

And that training montage trophy was so unfair. Even if I managed not to mess up once, it would all blow up in my face, when a pterodactyl I had no chance of hitting would appear at the very beginning of a round. :spank: 

Guess I'll start Lost Dimension tonight or tomorrow, and see how it goes. Would think almost two weeks would be plenty of time. But I also didn't think a 20 hour Plat (Sly 4) would take me six days. ?

@Izul Couldn't you just not download the patch? Or delete it? Thought only PS4 games have the issue with patches, where you can't go back to the old version (though even then, some kind of workaround was discovered).

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@Izul Couldn't you just not download the patch? Or delete it? Thought only PS4 games have the issue with patches, where you can't go back to the old version (though even then, some kind of workaround was discovered).

I don't know when the patch will be out, as it was delayed a few times for Vita. If I'm unlucky it will be too close to the event day.

I actually don't know if it's needed to download the patch to play it, but I think my Vita always downloaded them automatically.

Edited by Izul

On 10.2.2019 at 2:38 AM, DamagingRob said:

Don't open spoiler unless you've seen Sly 4's secret ending:

FYI: The spoiler can't be opened.at all. :D

And yeah the training montage was a bit annoying. Surprisingly I struggled with this quite a lot but then I got got in done while riding a bus. xD

1 hour ago, vanillamoose said:

I just got Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight ready to pop for this event. Will now be working on Persona 5 Dancing 1f60a.png

Congrats on the progress.

And I'm quite surprised to see that you are the first who not only considers playing P5D but also does it.  :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

FYI: The spoiler can't be opened.at all. :D

And yeah the training montage was a bit annoying. Surprisingly I struggled with this quite a lot but then I got got in done while riding a bus. xD

? I don't know what it is about the spoiler boxes on here; often find myself unable to open them. And yeah, it requires a certain combination of skill and luck. Lol. It took some practice just to get good enough at the harder version of the egg balance game, to be able to get through it. :/ And then you need to not have a bad pterodactyl spawn on top of it all.

Got another title ready for the event :) while 2064 crashed in the 3rd chapter on the Vita, i closed that game and started Burly Men at Sea and after getting several endings i looked at a guide how to  get the rest and i'm halfway through for the last missing ending :) I mostly wondered why the people have no faces in this game but instead very big beards? :D

I'll have very likely another game done soon as i started Word Sudoku by POWGI and the trophy list is very easy you just have to complete a few riddles...

• Like 3

Ready to pop:

Skylight Freerange

Access Denied

Skylight Freerange, Very Immature Dialogue. Everyone is full of angst. During Cut scenes (Everyone blinks at the same time). Characters can't make fists (Weird Hands).

Dungeons colors can be dark, hard to find route( Recommend Full Brightness) 

Only the Skill Tree is good, easily get OP. Music can't be turned off. It mostly the same track( Variations of the same track). 

Very doable to start the game on Impossible. (One mission made me regret, I thought I would had to do another play-through...got through at the 20th attempt. Saved 10+ hours).

• Like 1

Burly Men at Sea & Adventures of Mana are ready too, got fed with grinding the silly elephants in Mana, but now 7 plats are secured for the 7th anniversary.

Planing to re-purchase my lost Vita games, but it may take a while, maybe by the time for the 8th event ?.

• Like 2