Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

I platinumed Ray Gigant before remembering about the wester anniversary date...

Still, I have Zero Escape: The Nonary Games about to get platinumed (Just need to finish the last puzzle and get the last endings), so it will be the only game I will contribute with. :P

• Like 2

As as overall post:
Any game reported as ready to pop was added to your lists.

On 13.2.2019 at 8:22 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I mostly wondered why the people have no faces in this game but instead very big beards? :D

I don't know but maybe the devs are fans of ZZ Top? :D 

On 13.2.2019 at 4:05 PM, Myu said:

Lf5efab.png

Chaos;Child is now (somewhat) ready to pop. The only trophy I'm missing is the one about using every trigger in the game and it didn't pop when it was supposed to, which seems to be the case for several people who commented under the guides I followed. I tried starting from scratch but to no avail. The only thing left is to delete my save file and try again. And since I'm kinda fed up with the situation at the moment, I will leave that for Vita's birthday :D

Sorry to hear that you have to face such a problem. Didn't have such problems when I played it back in 2017, although I did two blind playthroughs and afterwards I followed the guide by playstationlifestyle:
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/22/chaos-child-walkthrough-ending-trophy-guide/

My blind playthroughs were more like "Do all positive triggers" and "Do all negative triggers", though. Hope everything will get sorted out.

On 13.2.2019 at 7:46 PM, Undead Wolf said:

This all sounds negative, but there were some things I liked about the game as well. The game's OST in particular was great! It was reminiscent of the JRPG's of old in how catchy the tracks were. Character designs aside, the pixel art and cutscenes were quite beautiful at times. The combat was also very fun and I enjoyed experimenting with different attack/buff combinations. So yeah, a solid game overall, but nothing amazing.

The soundtrack was also the part I enjoyed most about the game. When I first played it I was kinda surprised how short the game was and speaking of the characters I felt that most were rather useless. Never bothered playing with Finn or Clarke and others were only part of my team until I were able to get the party members I enjoyed most (Psybe, Orson, and Z'xorv).

On 13.2.2019 at 8:00 PM, Kishnabe said:

Skylight Freerange, Very Immature Dialogue. Everyone is full of angst. During Cut scenes (Everyone blinks at the same time). Characters can't make fists (Weird Hands).

Dungeons colors can be dark, hard to find route( Recommend Full Brightness) 

Only the Skill Tree is good, easily get OP. Music can't be turned off. It mostly the same track( Variations of the same track). 

Very doable to start the game on Impossible. (One mission made me regret, I thought I would had to do another play-through...got through at the 20th attempt. Saved 10+ hours).

Congrats on bearing with such a game. Sometimes I wonder how others can stand such games but everyone is different, I guess. ^^

19 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

I should be finishing up Norn9 this coming weekend.  Only 4 more routes to go and they all seem pretty short.  I MAY try to queue up P5 Dancing but we'll see.

Good luck with both of them and congrats on Kingdom Hearts, especially since it's the PS3-version. :D 

19 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

I've been pushing hard on Orcs Must Die but I still anticipate having something short but sweet ready for the 21st.

Short and sweet = Reverie? :awesome: 

13 hours ago, hsn963 said:

Burly Men at Sea & Adventures of Mana are ready too, got fed with grinding the silly elephants in Mana, but now 7 plats are secured for the 7th anniversary.

Planing to re-purchase my lost Vita games, but it may take a while, maybe by the time for the 8th event ?.

PETA and the WWF were informed about your misbehavior. :ninja: And I hope  it won't be too much of a trouble to find another copy of the lost games, although I suspect that a game like Tales of Hearts R could be quite pricey nowadays.

9 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I platinumed Ray Gigant before remembering about the wester anniversary date...

Still, I have Zero Escape: The Nonary Games about to get platinumed (Just need to finish the last puzzle and get the last endings), so it will be the only game I will contribute with. :P

One is more than none. :P 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, Lost Dimension took me less time than Sly 4. :lol: I was either really slow with that game, or the time estimate was way off

Looking at the guide for Sly 4 a time of 20 hours seems accurate. Taking a look at Lost Dimension on HLTB says it's about 30 hours of length. But according the guide on here the estimate is based on bad luck with the RNG so I guess you Lost Dimension. So I guess both aren't that much different length-wise and maybe you didn't realize how much time you spend with Lost Dimension?

Congrats btw.

And playing and finishing Full Throttle during the anniversary's duration itself should be totally possible. It's rather short overall compared to other Double Fine-adventures. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Looking at the guide for Sly 4 a time of 20 hours seems accurate. Taking a look at Lost Dimension on HLTB says it's about 30 hours of length. But according the guide on here the estimate is based on bad luck with the RNG so I guess you Lost Dimension. So I guess both aren't that much different length-wise and maybe you didn't realize how much time you spend with Lost Dimension?

Congrats btw.

And playing and finishing Full Throttle during the anniversary's duration itself should be totally possible. It's rather short overall compared to other Double Fine-adventures. 

Thanks. :) And yeah, the guide here gives a very generous estimate. Pst's is a lot shorter, at 21-25 hours. I didn't have to do 3 playthroughs, so that helped. It's always difficult when there's no in game playtime stat.. I could only guess at how many hours I might have played either game. :/ Lost Dimension just took one less day, for some reason. 

Yeah, it looks pretty short, so I'll probably just wait. Avoid a bunch of redownloading. 

Alright, so I think I might able to finish God Eater in time. I've played this game so much lately that it's in my head at this point. Every time I close my eyes, I see it — Aragami, and I'm hitting them with the scythe, over and over... 

On a more serious note, I seem to have missed the first trophy. Yeah, the first one you're supposed to get, that "unmissable" one. I guess that's what happens when you play the demo and import your save to the full version. I thought about saving that one for last, but there's something even simpler that'll I use instead. 

• Like 2

Going to hopefully wrap up NG in Ys MoC this evening and then try to blast through Nightmare skipping almost everything. It's just that damn 1 million upgrade item and I'm not sure how many ultimate pieces of gear I'm going to prepare. I have a set for Frieda and I'll do one for Adol, but have to make sure I have 700k+ left over so I'll get 1 million safely for Nightmare. Don't think I have the patience to make a third set in this run.

• Like 1

I have prepared my 5th game for the upcoming event just now :)

Word Soduko is ready to finish in a matter of seconds (i left two letters in the final riddle) :D

It's a Sudoku. That's great in itself :D It wasn't difficult until the highest difficulty (i solved quite a few Sudokus on my mobile last year)... i was a little disappointed that the trophy list is just complete several riddles. Nothing apart from that (in Word Search they had something like solve them A to Z, diagonal first etc.) but those two are very different games so it might be harder to find good and similar trophies here...

So the current status ready for :platinum:

- Assassin's Creed Chronicles

- Word Search

- Cosmic Star Heroine

- Burly Men at Sea

- Word Sudoku

I'll start 2064 on the PS4 now to get the IROM Rom Trophy but i am in doubt i'll finish that game in the remaining time...  But so far this was a fun event but i am happy the end is nigh :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Screw it, I'm positive that I'll be able to get Miracle Girls Festival ready in time, so please add this to my list. :)

Got this added and congrats on getting Muramasa done. :)

44 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

It's a Sudoku. That's great in itself :D

I didn't enjoy it as much as Word Search but at least it made me realize that Sudoku ain't my cup of tea. Personally I'm somehow glad that only one fifth of the Sudokus were needed. :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

I didn't enjoy it as much as Word Search but at least it made me realize that Sudoku ain't my cup of tea. Personally I'm somehow glad that only one fifth of the Sudokus were needed. :D 

Well i agree to that :) i am happy too we don't have to finish all 240 riddles  :D

I think i'll like One Word too but i don't know what the newest POWGI title is about :(

On 07/02/2019 at 8:04 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats about Norn9 and about the progress in Sir Eatsalot. And hope you will have the endurance for the mine-section as you will need it! :D

You weren't kidding! :giggle: This game started off so promisingly and I'm now sick of the sight of it and I think it might have defeated me. The entire mine-section is incredibly tedious and having to charge up that silly carrot light thingy all the time is so annoying. I'm now stuck on the Those Are My Cocoa Lentils trophy. I simply can't swipe quickly enough to keep the bats from eating the cocoa lentils and having to rotate the left stick at the same time to move the cart is one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had whilst playing a game. It doesn't help that the game doesn't seem to register touchscreen inputs as well as it should either :shakefist: Will give it a break for a day or two and come back to it ^_^

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891

On 02/02/2019 at 7:09 PM, coldsphinx93 said:

I realize I haven't posted my list of games for this event. I'm working on 

- PlayStation all-stars battle royal

- Pic-a-pix pieces

I'm not sure if I'll add anymore as I'm more motivated playing PS4 games right now

So I there's been a slight change of plans for my games. I'm only going to be able to complete PlayStation All-Stars for the event. I haven't been making enough progress on Pic a Pix to be able to finish it during those days.

1 hour ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

You weren't kidding! :giggle: This game started off so promisingly and I'm now sick of the sight of it and I think it might have defeated me. The entire mine-section is incredibly tedious and having to charge up that silly carrot light thingy all the time is so annoying. I'm now stuck on the Those Are My Cocoa Lentils trophy. I simply can't swipe quickly enough to keep the bats from eating the cocoa lentils and having to rotate the left stick at the same time to move the cart is one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had whilst playing a game. It doesn't help that the game doesn't seem to register touchscreen inputs as well as it should either :shakefist: Will give it a break for a day or two and come back to it ^_^

Please don't give up! I was ready to as well but I actually talked to the developer on Discord and they suggested just to keep trying and make sure you touch the screen firmly and consistently. Also drag slightly up and to the... Left? I can't remember totally but keep doing that fairly fast and you will get it.

Edited by coldsphinx93
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, cerafinn said:

Been busy at work with shifts moving around, but I finally have some time this weekend to get things ready.

Right now I only really have Code: Realize Future Blessings ready to pop and I'm going to try and get a few more ready this long weekend.

15 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

So I there's been a slight change of plans for my games. I'm only going to be able to complete PlayStation All-Stars for the event. I haven't been making enough progress on Pic a Pix to be able to finish it during those days.

Forgot to post it this morning but I goth your lists updated.

22 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

Please don't give up! I was ready to as well but I actually talked to the developer on Discord and they suggested just to keep trying and make sure you touch the screen firmly and consistently. Also drag slightly up and to the... Left? I can't remember totally but keep doing that fairly fast and you will get it.

Thanks I'm going to keep trying it between now and the event. Looking at the walkthrough, it's pretty close to the end of the game as well which makes it even more annoying. Hopefully I'll get a second wind from giving it a short break ^_^

EDIT

Just got the trophy now. I'm glad I didn't give up. Thanks for the encouragement @coldsphinx93 :)

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Just got the trophy now. I'm glad I didn't give up.

Congrats on that. :D 

For me personally giving the game another try is no option as I decided to delete the game including the savegame and I don't want feel like tackling everything again. But hearing that others who struggled at the same spot were able to overcome it sure is nice to know.  

9 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I now have God Eater ready. Getting the set of rank 14 equipment was a lot faster/easier than I was expecting. Also, I had a five dollar off coupon on ebay, so I just bought the second game for only $8.99.

Congrats on that, too.

Seems like you are ready to go now. And $9 for God Eater 2 sounds like a steal. ;) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

For me personally giving the game another try is no option as I decided to delete the game including the savegame and I don't want feel like tackling everything again.

Lol. I did the same with Metrico.. That game was glitched at the time, and every time I'd get so far into it, I wouldn't be able to progress. Was hard enough to do, and then having to do it many times over eventually broke me. :(

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. I did the same with Metrico.. That game was glitched at the time, and every time I'd get so far into it, I wouldn't be able to progress. Was hard enough to do, and then having to do it many times over eventually broke me. :(

Metrico, Metrico... Wasn't that the one where you had to use charts, diagrams, and various geometric shapes to make it to the end of the level? Wasn't too fond of it when I tried the demo so I'm glad I never started the full game when it was on PS+. Sad to hear that it glitched you out. Such things surely can spoil the mood. :\ 

Lfe31d1.png

Enjoyment: 8/10
Difficulty: 1/10

CR Future Blessings is ready to go! Just have to open the Glossary sub-menu for the last trophy. I’ll leave my thoughts below, obvious light story warning spoilers.

Spoiler

Continuation from my fav VN; & it turns out I ended up liking the new extra side stories over the main character ones.

I love how over the top steampunk can get, practically tripping over clichés one after the other. But CR tends to take a right turn at the last minute from the usual tropes. Like yeah of course a little girl is being chased by a terrifying mafia boss out of nowhere. But wait, he’s her dad & actually a no-kill cream puff mafia boss ?

The Lupin Gang story was my fav though (& I don’t remember them being mentioned in Guardians of Rebirth). It all wrapped up in such a nice little bow with a stolen car full of cash. I’d share my fav screenshot if I could get my Vita to connect to my computer, another time. Finis’ route was…unexpectedly punctuated with funny moments. Thanks in no part to how serious they tried to be about their plan & then Nemo jumping in with his Nemo-ness.

& I’m a fan of Sherlock Holmes so that was a nice read as well. I could see every story being a possible route in the first game. Always bothers me though to see clear times for games like these in <1 hr. You bought a VN, read the damn thing. You might actually like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

Lfe31d1.png

Enjoyment: 8/10
Difficulty: 1/10

CR Future Blessings is ready to go! Just have to open the Glossary sub-menu for the last trophy. I’ll leave my thoughts below, obvious light story warning spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Continuation from my fav VN; & it turns out I ended up liking the new extra side stories over the main character ones.

I love how over the top steampunk can get, practically tripping over clichés one after the other. But CR tends to take a right turn at the last minute from the usual tropes. Like yeah of course a little girl is being chased by a terrifying mafia boss out of nowhere. But wait, he’s her dad & actually a no-kill cream puff mafia boss 1f602.png

The Lupin Gang story was my fav though (& I don’t remember them being mentioned in Guardians of Rebirth). It all wrapped up in such a nice little bow with a stolen car full of cash. I’d share my fav screenshot if I could get my Vita to connect to my computer, another time. Finis’ route was…unexpectedly punctuated with funny moments. Thanks in no part to how serious they tried to be about their plan & then Nemo jumping in with his Nemo-ness.

& I’m a fan of Sherlock Holmes so that was a nice read as well. I could see every story being a possible route in the first game. Always bothers me though to see clear times for games like these in <1 hr. You bought a VN, read the damn thing. You might actually like it.

Congrats on the progress. But it seems like you also post spoiler-tags that can't be opened. :unsure:

It can be read in the browsers developer-tools, though. 

And reading that you enjoyed it I'm sure you will read Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles, too. And as it's somehow similar you might want to give London Detective Mysteria a try, too.

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

Always bothers me though to see clear times for games like these in <1 hr. You bought a VN, read the damn thing. You might actually like it.

Personally I also find it kinda stupid to purchase a VN just to skip through it but to each their own, I guess. But at least it has something positive: There are at least a few additional sales which might help to guarantee upcoming ports of VNs. 

• Like 1