Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

21 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats on the progress. But it seems like you also post spoiler-tags that can't be opened. :unsure:

It can be read in the browsers developer-tools, though. 

And reading that you enjoyed it I'm sure you will read Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles, too. And as it's somehow similar you might want to give London Detective Mysteria a try, too.

Personally I also find it kinda stupid to purchase a VN just to skip through it but to each their own, I guess. But at least it has something positive: There are at least a few additional sales which might help to guarantee upcoming ports of VNs. 

You're right, I've just tried opening the spoiler from my phone. Of course it doesn't open :facepalm:  Wrote it from my computer & never had trouble with it before.

I'd love to get the limited edition for Wintertide just for those figures. It's a bit expensive though so I'll pick up just the game soon. & reading your post on London Detective Mysteria I probably would like it! At least giving the demo a shot for the prologue.

More VNs are never a bad thing ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Metrico, Metrico... Wasn't that the one where you had to use charts, diagrams, and various geometric shapes to make it to the end of the level? Wasn't too fond of it when I tried the demo so I'm glad I never started the full game when it was on PS+. Sad to hear that it glitched you out. Such things surely can spoil the mood. :\ 

Yeah, that sounds like it. Also had to find a specific color and take a picture.. Definitely wouldn't want to play through the entire thing again. Lol.

13 minutes ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Sir Eatsalot is ready to pop! :)

I'm not going to have time to do the other two games on my list so can I replace them both with Word Sudoku by Powgi? I bought it in a sale a while ago and should easily be able to get that done before the event ends.

Congrats on getting Sir ready to pop.

And I updated your list although I would say that playing Reverie would take as long as playing Sudoku (if only playing the required ones but without looking up solutions). But better not to rush Reverie. Hope you will still give it a try soon! :) 

• Like 1

Ys: Memories of Celceta is ready. I just need to use a Sun Stone to make the last spear for Ozma to pop the last trophy. NIghtmare run certainly went a lot faster when I didn't spend my time hugging walls for map %. Going to pop it next friday.

Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mecharobot said:

Ys: Memories of Celceta is ready. I just need to use a Sun Stone to make the last spear for Ozma to pop the last trophy. NIghtmare run certainly went a lot faster when I didn't spend my time hugging walls for map %. Going to pop it next friday.

Got you updated. :) 

And yep, hugging all walls surely was an annoying thing. Should you be interested in playing Lacrimosa of Dana in the near future I'm sure you will be glad to hear that clearing the maps on there is much forgiving than in Celceta as the field of view for unlocking the map seems to be a bit larger. But that only matters should you decide to play it on a system with achievements (IIRC you also own a Switch where it's also available).

1 hour ago, EmperorElfenSky said:

Playing Gravity Rush for the first time. I was so impressed with the graphics, the way they utilized all the controls on the vita etc. It was the game that justified the purchase of the vita for me.

Nice to hear that. Gravity Rush was also the game that made me purchase a Vita as it sounded like a game that's right up my alley. Hope you will enjoy it to the end! :) 

• Like 1

Alright, I'm only one trophy away from the platinum in Miracle Girls Festival now. It's the trophy for finishing a song after playing the game for a total of 24 hours. I'm currently at 13 hours and 30 minutes, so I'm going to leave the game running over night and hope for the best. There's a PSTV icon on the back of the game's box, so I'm assuming that means it's PSTV compatible. I don't like the idea of leaving my Vita on for 10+ hours straight because of the strain it would put on the screen and battery, so the PSTV should hopefully allow me to bypass that.

So yeah, I'm aiming to pop all 5 platinums around this time tomorrow. I'm least looking forward to Undertale since I'm pretty sure there's at least one more boss I have to beat, there's probably more obnoxious puzzles to solve, and I don't even like the game to begin with, so that's gonna be a pain. :P Assuming no issue crops up with MGF, though, everything else should be smooth sailing. Fingers crossed anyway...

• Like 1

#31 reporting in ♪(⌒ワ⌒ )

@Crimson Idol, please add London Detective Mysteria, Death Mark and Bad Apple Wars to my list. Thank you~ 

I need to read through the true ending route of LDM still but that shouldn’t take me long. (It’s too bad we don’t get to learn more about a certain butler and his affections for a certain character’s parent!).

The neighbourhood kids wanted to play Super Monkey Ball again, so I’m replaying it again (I’m starting to see bananas ? and they’re poledancing) and squeezing it in my gaming time right now but... it’d be a miracle if I managed to finish it in time for this. 

Knowing beforehand what I’m in for from the last time I played this, I got started on creating 100 edit stages early and broke them up in super tiny chunks (got the trophy for making 100 stages an hour ago). Not doing them all at once helped to preserve my sanity this time around. Still...

475707-FE-9-C17-4-DC1-839-B-2-D4-C585-F3

In any case, 13 hours to go!

Edited by Fenrirfeather
  • Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick final update on my progress before the event begins, I'm about as prepared as I can get and I'll have some fun trying to find time to pop my plats. Unfortunately I'm going to have to remove Monster Monpiece from my list of games, I was focused on getting my other games ready and just didn't have time to work on this one :(. Good news is though that Forma.8 is ready to pop, only have ~20 minutes left on the walkthrough I was using so that game won't take long to finish. Senran Kagura is going to be close, I have 8 more story levels to do plus grinding abit for max Yang level, hoping to finish most of those levels before I start my drive into the city tomorrow morning (Have to bring my car in for a quick checkup before leaving on a 5 hour drive).

I'll be leaving right around when the event starts, and hoping to be home around 14 hours before the events ends, which should give me time to clue the rest up and get my screenshots posted. Regardless of how much success I have getting these games done, I've enjoyed being able to play through some games on my Vita again and I'm fully looking forward to next year's event ;).

• Like 1

Surprise! Made time for one final game, Akiba's Beat.

After having an end game quest glitch out completing the monster guide I ended up putting this (honestly strong) RPG back on the shelf for several months. But I finally got around to a 3rd playthrough. In game timer says 192hrs which is clearly wrong. Likely ~100hrs. The clock strangely keeps counting even in rest mode.

The game that went from hunting vampires to making jokes about the gaming community. It had a lot to live up to from Trip & in that regard it didn't succeed. Honestly if they had kept the same beat em up formula this would have been better received. But if you look at the game in its own merit than it has all the familiar elements of an RPG. Good balance of story (which is voice acted well) & dungeon crawling, side quests, character side stories, & some post game. None of these elements get a unique twist; different skin, different names in a typical formula. That's disappointing when you remember the previous game was a beat em up with a wacky way of 'exposing' your opponent & really great customization options. You could wear or equip literally any item. Whereas Beat has no customization. The combat can still be challenging though, even if you've been grinding extra levels. Overall I enjoyed the gaming references & combat, it's a great game if you can think of it outside of the Akiba series. So if you're looking for another RPG to play, I'd recommend it.

All that's left is one solo battle in the Might Club on Hyper mode. Basically facing off with a shadow version of the character, not an easy fight but should only take 5-15min. Okay, promise that's all I got for the event. Going back to Cold Steel.

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hsn963 said:

Finally, kudos for you @Crimson Idol, I hope you will hold this event next year.  

Thank you. :)

I actually thought about doing another iteration of the event but there's also some thoughts about doing an event that's not limited to one console but celebrating PlayStation (--> this year is the 25th anniversary) as a whole so I'm not sure right now. 

And congrats on getting all games done. :D 

• Like 1

Late update:

You can remove 冴えない彼女の育てかた -blessing flowers  and Island since unfortunally  I  didn't have enough time for reading one of  them within couple weeks.  They both probably could have taken about  30-60 hours to finish Main story + routes  anyways.(hopefully I didn´t forget to add some game title  to  the list)

LittleBigPlanet + last DLC pack                           Finally ready to pop after frustration of a week with Arcade minigames  and long DLC levels as no death ?

RayGigant                                                            Ready to pop

Nurse Love addiction(JP)                                      Ready to pop

Muv Luv                                                                 Now it´s safe to pop for the event as 170th milestone(originally saved a slot for next  psn level up)

Muv Luv Alternative                                                 Ready to pop

Dragon´s crown                                                       ready to pop

Asphalt Injection                                                       Ready to pop

Blasting agent Ultimate Edition (EU)          Ready to pop as soon as I´ll clear the last Hard level.

League of Evil  (EU)                                                   Ready to pop

Root Letter (EU)                                                         Ready to pop

Gem Smashers                                                            Ready to pop

エクステトラ                                                                Ready to pop

さかあがりハリケーン Portable                                     Ready to pop      

Word Search by POWGI                               

Superdimension Neptune VS Sony Kind Gals  (EU)     Still stuck on a Censorlandia - level in the early game...  being  only at 9000+ level  ?

Another World                                                                      Ready to pop

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (100 % only)                ready to pop the only dlc trophy lol

Bentley´s hackpack                                                             I might  try to finish this game finally

Word Sudoku By POWGI

LEVEL 22

Midnight Deluxe

Twin Robots

InkSplosion

Burly Men at Sea

Claire                                                                                  Only need to redo the last missable trophy and play through Nightmare run.

Extra games of 22nd Feb Anniversary as a personal event challenge  within 24-40+ hours for me.  I´ll attempt  to finish up these games  after done other games    before the event will end. Tomorrow I might be busy also no guarantee I can finish all of them on time though but would be great to get them done  for starting  200th platinum milestone project as soon as possible for next special day, challenge accepted:

Access Denied

Drowning

Super Destronaut DX

little adventure of the prairie

It's Spring Again

Sigi A Fart for Melusina

Semisphere (AS)

The Long Reach

Broken Swords 5 The Serpents Curse 1

Broken Swords 5 The Serpents Curse 2

Tetra´s escape

Planet RIX - 13

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Home

Thomas Was Alone

Licky Lizard

I´ll only start to pop last remaining  trophies officially from  tomorrow on my local timezone to count as 22nd February timestap.

• Like 1

@ex10097 @Evil_Joker88 and @JaM

Nicely done. Got your lists updated. :)

27 minutes ago, JaM said:

Maybe I will have it pop on next Vita's Birthday? xD

If you can wait so long. :P 

3 hours ago, Neosamuraione said:

Late update:

[...]

Well, I hope I got everything correct but I updated your list. It actually gave me more work than I want to admit. Thank god I have a dual-monitor setup. ?

I added the list of games for your personal challenge to my internal list but didn't add it to the list in the OP yet. Doing all this in such a short time frame surely will be challenge. Wish you good luck with that! :D 

• Like 1

All prepped games popped. :D You'll notice a huge time gap between the first 8, and the final 2. And that is because I was popping them in the car, and realized I still had MLB 13 in the cartridge slot. :facepalm: Had to wait till I got home to finish. 

Going to start Full Throttle once it's downloaded, and then upload trophy screenshots when it's done. If I can figure out how to transfer them from the Vita. ? 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3